>wheel hops in your path.

Mike Stoklasa's Worst Fan Shirt $21.68

UFOs Are A Psyop Shirt $21.68

Mike Stoklasa's Worst Fan Shirt $21.68

1. 7 days ago
    Anonymous

>the live axle coper is back with another thread
    >he got BTFO on everything else so now he's going for the wheel hop angle
    Whenever I see a car with wheelhop problems it's a live axle, usually leaf though I'll concede.

• 7 days ago
      Anonymous

It's ironic that OP posted a leaf sprung IRS.

• 7 days ago
        Anonymous

wtf does the shape of the spring have to do with anything kek, stupid ass no-tools ricer. Go ahead say it, McDonald's good and slushboxes good you dumbass nu-male.

• 7 days ago
          Anonymous

Nothing, since Corvette leaf springs are just springs and not locating linkages. I just thought it was a funny coincidence.

• 7 days ago
            Anonymous

you're okay, all that shit I said about you was just bantz

• 6 days ago
      Anonymous

Live axle for towing and hauling shit, maybe croozing. Everything else already has IRS so a moot argument.
      >picrel

• 5 days ago
      Anonymous

It's ironic that OP posted a leaf sprung IRS.

I've never seen anyone mention this but I fixed my wheelhouse by getting lighter wheels first, completely fixed the hop on blown struts springs and bushings. I replaced those later and they fixed everything else

2. 7 days ago
    Anonymous

No shit shit you get wheelhop on your 200,000 mile Vette you stupid homosexual. Diff and control arm bushings, new dampers you should be good to go. Wrenchlet homosexual.

3. 6 days ago
    Anonymous

If it isn't worn out you won't have wheel hop

4. 6 days ago
    Anonymous

Apparently a new engine mount will fix the wheel hopping on the Elantra N.
    Dunno if it fixes it in other FWD cars.

5. 6 days ago
    Anonymous

skill issue

6. 6 days ago
    Anonymous

That doesn´t look like a live axle to me.

• 6 days ago
      Anonymous

This is a hotchkiss suspension problem, not a live axle problem. There are many other suspension types you could use with a live axle that won't do this.

• 6 days ago
        Anonymous

The problem is caused by the tires wrinkling under load, which momentarily changes their diameter from when they grip to when they slip, making the suspension vibrate. If the frequency of this vibration matches the frequency of the whole drivetrain (engine + transmission + suspension), it starts resonating and the vibration amplifies until something breaks.

There are essentially three solutions; either you use traction control to cut power when it starts to slip, stiffen the suspension/transmission/engine mounts like porsche does with their active engine mounts or the rose jointed 4 or 5 link arrangements for live axle suspensions, or you dampen the vibration in the drivetrain itself, like lotus did with the sleeved rubber propshaft in the carlton/omega, even torque converters go a long way.

• 6 days ago
          Anonymous

Or you just use radials, since that's a bias ply problem. The biggest causes of wheel hop with modern tires are axle wrap with a live axle, or bad diff bushings or transaxle/motor mounts for RWD or FWD respectively.

• 6 days ago
            Anonymous

The problem exists in both radials and bias ply tires, otherwise there wouldn't be cars suffering from it for decades when clearly that's not the case. I haven't seen studies on it but it would make sense that the problem is not as pronounced with very thin sidewalls as there is a lot less amplitude for the starting vibration.

• 5 days ago
            Anonymous

Show me a case of wheel hop with radials where the diff or transaxle is hard mounted to the chassis.

• 5 days ago
            Anonymous

Maybe you can show me a case of wheel hop with bias ply tires while the diff and transaxles are solid mounted instead. According to you all the 300mph+ top fuel dragsters should wheel hop to destruction since they are all running bias ply tires.

• 5 days ago
            Anonymous

I concede, wheel hop isn't due to tires at all and it's caused by axle wrap or by bad diff/transaxle bushings.

• 5 days ago
      Anonymous

bruh just put ladder bars on it.

• 5 days ago
        Anonymous

>bruh just put ladder bars on your IRS

• 4 days ago
          Anonymous

So a pure trailing arm independent suspension?

7. 6 days ago
    Anonymous
  8. 6 days ago
    greesed geese

[...]

Stop ban evading Alphonse aka Soviet aka prezo aka z31.
    Guess all your names are banned rn lol lmao
    Im going to keep posting your pic, YWNBAW

9. 5 days ago
    Anonymous

Tesla's don't have this problem.

• 5 days ago
      Anonymous

https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/threads/wheel-hop-on-p85-rwd-acceleration.221675/

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *