When did soul die?

When did soul die?

CRIME Shirt $21.68

Yakub: World's Greatest Dad Shirt $21.68

CRIME Shirt $21.68

1. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

when we discovered this thing called "aerodynamics" that makes rounding corners good for gas mileage

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Who the frick decided for everyone else that fuel economy is the be-all, end-all? ~~*Frugalist*~~ Boomers and white women.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>Who the frick decided for everyone else that fuel economy is the be-all, end-all?
        The two instances of oil crisis

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

People who actually have to work for a living

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Lighter is better than aero.
      Combine both for best outcome.
      Instead we went heavy and aero. Net zero

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>car weighs 4x as much
      >b-but rounded corners get better gas mileage.

2. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

got shot with the 5th and finally dies with the 8th

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

But the 4th had worse overall reliability than the 5th.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

The frick are you on about? Mk4 was as bulletproof as Mk2. Fully galvanized body and the mighty 1.9 TDI still see the roads today.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

aesthetics in general took a dump after like 2010

3. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

3 was the beginning of the downfall

4. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

When you stopped being able to afford it

5. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

VW shits only had soul in the 70s and 80s.
    By the 90s it was already deep in nostalgia for times past and you would be moronic to not just buy a civic or focus past the 2000s.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Mk4 tdis were peak vw. Maybe lacked soul but they were the best cars

6. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

true fans refer to them as Mk. I, II, III, IV, etc

Mk. IV is by far the best looking, when it was new, and even today. The rest are just another /hatchback/

And mad props to VW slapping that odd ball V6 in them. VR6? Or whatever it was. Caused a lot of uproar in the tuning community when the GTI had the turbo 4 and V6 options. Both were great and no real wrong choice at all. Hell, people with Diesels even loved theirs

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

True fans are huge nerds lmao.
      I would instantly know not to have a car conversation with someone when they started talking about their MK MDXCCMII instead of calling it a Jetta or Golf WolfOwOburg edition or whatever the shit.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Lol you should check out VWVortex. It's a totally different realm than /Honda boys/ like they'll dissect every fricking little thing. Volkswagens have always allured a certain type of crowd.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

cause VAGshit as a company is massive compared to Honda and have generations of parts bins and r&d, and its all interchangable, perfect recipe for an autistic crowd.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

I'll stick with my hondabois.
          We drive our cars more than obsess over specific models which barely matter outside of aesthetics when you're just going to gut it and toss the trusty old k20/k24 in and obliterate everyone else.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Yeah, why would ever anyone want to differentiate the generations of a car

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Many of these guys have owned several of them or knew someone who did, so the MK makes sense, especially when VW is known for year overlaps particularly when they introduce a new generation in a different market at different times. Same goes for shit like engine codes, an ALH tdi is an ALH no matter what chassis its on, 058 vs 06a 1.8ts, etc. Euro cars in general are very good for having codes that describe exactly what you're dealing with.

To be fair for example an audi a5 a3 is a genuine make/chassis/model that is confusing as frick, so instead the autists have decided to use the typ code 8p a3 instead

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>And mad props to VW slapping that odd ball VR6
      and then having the balls to start the next gen with "what other fun shit can we try" and proceed to slap an inline 5 in there. downhill from there imo, not counting aesthetics

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>Mk. IV is by far the best looking
      what are you huffing bro?
      obviously mk2 is best looking and after that they are trash

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>true fans refer to them as Mk. I, II, III, IV, etc
      maybe in angloid countries lol

7. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

God I wish I could buy a cabover passenger car. Just imagine how amazing the fuel economy would be. Visualize all those Golfs going backward with the spoilers removed.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

It's fun to fantasize anon. The tear drop shape is underrated, but the cabin needs to be way further back. Imagine Karen in her 6,000lbs Tahoe cuts you off and you have no choice but to get rekt

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>Imagine Karen in her 6,000lbs Tahoe cuts you off and you have no choice but to get rekt
        If you haven't established a sixth sense for dashcam woman moments and this happens to you, you're lacking situational awareness.

8. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

soul died when cars started to get rounded corners. That would be Gen 4.

9. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I would say after 3 but the mk4 golf is my fav >_<

10. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

There's a Mk1 near my home, under a tarp for god knows how long. The other day, some tree surgeon put cones around the area (including the Golf) because tomorow they're going to be working on a tree which happens to be directly above it. I have no idea who the owner is or what's going to happen to it.

11. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

5th Gen obviously, after that innovation stopped while prices increased

12. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>gay ff cuckbox square
    >gay ff cuckbox round
    Wow such difference, very much souls

13. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Mk6,7&8 were all completely soulless, although the 7 is/was a really good car
    MK5 still had some soul
    Mk4 and earlier were full of soul

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

MK4 is the last one under 69” wide.
      MK5 is almost 71.
      Coincidence? I think not.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

6 was still somewhat soulful. you can get a 2.5 engine (5 cyl) with it.

14. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

When they started making cars with radiators.
    Seriously, my parents both had Rabbits back in the day and said they were total shitheaps, you literally see far more Type 1s, Buses, hell even Kharman Ghias on the road than you do any of the old Golfs.
    Same with the Nu-Beetles, total pieces of shit those were, gone and forgotten and it hasn't even been 30 years yet

When did VW stop making good cars is the real question

15. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

It died in the 5th gen. You can tell when a car is ugly and soulLess by the hood being higher than the window line.
    >pic related

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Interesting

16. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I think the new ones look ok, with 5th-6th gen being a low point. I'd buy one but I'm scared off by stories of bad reliability.

17. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

When they introduced the MK3. Got some magic back with the MK6, MK7 was pretty good, but dieselgate kicked them hard in the balls.

18. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>krautshit
    >soul
    Pick 1 (one)

19. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Based on my calculations the Golf will evolve to eggshit pod by the 9th generation.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

It's already happened with the ugly ass ID cuckmobiles.

Picrel, it's an ID3.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

That one was the shittiest drive i ever had. Had to drive it at work.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

That one was the shittiest drive i ever had. Had to drive it at work.

It even tortures the mechanics.
        When they do software updates at the shop it makes an annoying as frick woop woop frequency sweep sound during the entire upgrade, which takes five hours.
        I was doing some IT work at a VW dealer and had to ask a mechanic "what's the deal with that fricking sound?"
        Apparently they had an entire shipment of these abominations that had some kind of major bug from the factory, so they had to work in that annoying noise all day long 🙂

20. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Never had any. Hatchbacks should've stayed RWD.

21. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

2nd is best looking.

22. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

all looks great except the latest Ev-stetic. frick zoomers

23. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

i'd rather have a 6th gen (~2017) polo than an 8th gen golf

24. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Wait wait wait WAIT
    Why did VAG make the Golf so late in its history? That's a bit goofy to me. Europe loves little cars.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

They started the VW Beetle in 1938.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

So is the Golf just a modernized Beetle? Yeah I know the story of the Porsche Volks Wagen.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Yeah. Golf/rabbit started in 1974. In 1961 they started the Karmann Ghia.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Beautiful

25. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Died with Mk. V, briefly kind of came back with VI then died forever.
    Facelifted Mk. II then Mk. IV was peak aesthetics.

Pretty sure the 8v 1.6 in my Mk. IV is gonna last even longer than a Volvo redblock.

26. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I can't find a SINGLE vehicle I like the look of at 2012+. They all are the same car.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

not even the Alfa Romeo Giulia?

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Looks like any other modern sedan.

https://i.imgur.com/qpmZ3KY.jpg

>Karmann Ghia
        You can't say this fricking thing is "the same car"

What? A civic trying to look like a SHITsubitshi ricer?

Btw, I meant Suvs and what not. I work near a clinic where all the nurses, moms, etc go. All of them suvs of different brands. They ALL look the damn same.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Well yeah, they're all made to look the same. Security Eggs. Why the piss would you care about SUVs?

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>The face of the car with the least detail
            >All in greyscale
            >With Flat lighting
            >Grey out the rims for good measure
            What, are you going to whinge about how all clothing looks the same by posting a picture of white tank tops?

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>a discussion about body shapes
            >but muh colour

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Using color to obscure shape, correct.

"Color has been de-saturated from all the cars, which makes any graphic design elements from their lighting much less noticeable. They’ve all been scaled to be about the same size. Significantly, this isn’t a random sampling of modern cars: it’s a sampling of cars from one particular type and category:"

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>Karmann Ghia
      You can't say this fricking thing is "the same car"

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

t. Contrarian misanthrope

27. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

It started to die when the DSG was introduced, and it will be fully dead once their awful (even for EV standards) ID shitboxes take over

28. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

'91

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *