when the god damned frick is the DOT gonna change the laws around headlights?

when the god damned frick is the DOT gonna change the laws around headlights? I just got home from work and my eyes are actually burning from all the god damned quasars on the road

Mike Stoklasa's Worst Fan Shirt $21.68

Tip Your Landlord Shirt $21.68

Mike Stoklasa's Worst Fan Shirt $21.68

1. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

This thread again? Has anyone had any luck with the meme tape?

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

kinda surprised with how often this thread comes up. but the tape does work. had a hiace the other night with some complete bullshit ebay special LEDs with me on the highway, he noticeably slowed down when i got past him and stayed way the frick back afterwards.
      another anon had it on his visor, flipped it down at a lexus coming at him with blinding lights, said lexus flashed his brights in protest

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

what kind of tape is it?

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

m82
          other anons mentioned angle of observation with this tape being too narrow but so far it seems to be good enough on the road. The thing is, new vehicles with their LEDs are so bright that whatever light is lost due to the angle being too large, is offset by how much light still gets reflected back, and it's enough to have an effect on the offending driver.
          i think it'd probably have an even stronger effect on a low car versus a tall SUV or something, because the driver's eyes are then more in line with the headlights and the tape.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

It's not that you lose a little light, it's like a lightswitch. I did some tests with the M82, 3M DOT truck tape, and cheap china harbor Freight tape. The M82 and 3M tape performed about the same, the china stuff wasn't quite as bright but had a wider observation angle.
            At the time, I figured a driver would have to be more than 35 feet away to get it in the face with the meme tape, that dropping to maybe 25 feet for the cheap stuff.
            Make no mistake though, I was using a 1500-Lumin flashlight and 2-inch test squares and when that shit hit, it hurt to look at. Even the cheap stuff.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>1500-Lumin flashlight
            decided to look up the typical brightness of headlight bulbs. halogens are usually 700-1200 lumens...LEDs can be around 6000-8000 lumens. Lol

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

hmm ok did a bit more digging...those are just marketing values. More realistic values coming from the best LED bulbs are around 1800-2000 lumens "at most." And it hurt to look at the 1500 lumen light...

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

My flashlight is a Harbor Freight, and shit that they are they are at least honest about the lumins.
            don't confuse Lux and Lumins, in the US the law is (I think) 1000-1700 Lux density in the center of the beam. My 1500 lumin flashlight probably doesn't achieve 1000Lux across it's beam even when focused.
            Anyway, found some pics of the test.
            This is the difference between a light at 11degrees and 1 degree angle from the camera. I figured at the time that 1 degree was at least 30 feet away, but I was guessing at the distance between the drivers eyes and headlight.
            This is Solas, 3m, and bottom center is Harbor Freight.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Now that I think about it, that 30 number is probably wrong. Was it 300 feet? Am I sober enough to re-do my calculations?

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/PKMHuVL.jpg

My flashlight is a Harbor Freight, and shit that they are they are at least honest about the lumins.
            don't confuse Lux and Lumins, in the US the law is (I think) 1000-1700 Lux density in the center of the beam. My 1500 lumin flashlight probably doesn't achieve 1000Lux across it's beam even when focused.
            Anyway, found some pics of the test.
            This is the difference between a light at 11degrees and 1 degree angle from the camera. I figured at the time that 1 degree was at least 30 feet away, but I was guessing at the distance between the drivers eyes and headlight.
            This is Solas, 3m, and bottom center is Harbor Freight.

OK how about 170 feet. Assuming three feet from headlight to eyes.

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

Reflexite M82 SOLAS Marine Prismatic Reflective Tape, but the white part of the red-and-white reflective tape they sell truckers might be better, as it reflects light at a slightly broader angle.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

I think V82 tape is the roadgoing version. Wider angle.
            Although some people still might not give a shit...going by an FJ cruiser I was driving behind one night on a country road. Guy had a light bar with lights bright enough to turn the road ahead into daylight, and the guy didn't even turn it off approaching a roadside sign. It was bright enough that it actually hurt to look at, I've no idea wtf was going through his head during that.

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

S O L A S

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

It bears repeating anon.
      I’ve mcfricking had it as well.

2. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

the trick is to look at the road lines, specifically the one running by the right side

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

I just started realizing this within the last couple years. My dumbass would always stare right into the light. DA will hate it but lane keep assist also helps keep me on the road when asshats wont turn their brights off.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Anon, let me teach you something new today. That line is referred to as a "fog line". It's there to be visible in inclement conditions that alter your line of vision, such as homosexuals with blinding headlights. The more you know bro!

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Welcome to the club. Have had to do it for years now

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Is that where the deer hang out too?

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

This is what they said in the 80s before nuclear powered lights became consumer technology

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

It still works

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

poorly

3. 1 month ago
    Greased Geese

at what point is it justified to huck a bowling ball at these c**ts

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

When Obama gets back in office, mate

4. 1 month ago
    p

I do this 🙂
    My safety>ur safety

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

If you blind me I'll come across the center line at you
      I don't care if I die or if we both die
      so far every one of you pussies has hit the shoulder to avoid me

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

small dick energy

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

Cry some more after I run you off the road

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>mfw I just start shooting
            Let's do it pussy.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

You won't do anything.
            People like you are all talk.
            You're not going to risk a felony and going to prison for years over a traffic altercation.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Someone attempting to run you off the road absolutely justifies lethal force lmao
            If it didn't then half the cops in the country would be out of a job

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

You're in the wrong for blinding oncoming drivers.
            "Officer, I didn't mean to, his lights were so bright that I couldn't see. Then he started shooting at me! I was in fear for my life!"
            Enjoy three hots and a cot for 3-5 years and never legally owning a firearm again.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Yeah I'm sure they'll believe that after you've openly posted otherwise on DA top kek
            Enjoy your revoked license and 25+ though

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>I-I couldn't see so I swerved into them! I s-swear it wasn't intentional!
            >So you swerved into the lights instead of looking at the road lines as taught in drivers ed, or swerving away from them?
            >.... I didn't m-mean it!
            Yeah uh huh lmao
            [...]
            This. It's insane people still don't realize cops and federal bodies actively monitor and log this website, even after the ATF showed in court that they themselves post here and bait people into releasing incriminating information

I'm sure my local parish sheriff hasn't even heard of this website lol

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>We got reports you were swerving all over the road
            >Come out and do a field sobriety test for me
            game over

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>I-I couldn't see so I swerved into them! I s-swear it wasn't intentional!
            >So you swerved into the lights instead of looking at the road lines as taught in drivers ed, or swerving away from them?
            >.... I didn't m-mean it!
            Yeah uh huh lmao

Yeah I'm sure they'll believe that after you've openly posted otherwise on DA top kek
            Enjoy your revoked license and 25+ though

This. It's insane people still don't realize cops and federal bodies actively monitor and log this website, even after the ATF showed in court that they themselves post here and bait people into releasing incriminating information

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

>telling me you’re a pussy without telling me you’re a pussy
          P U S S Y

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

you really have to go back

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

>bring up dicks out of nowhere
          woman/gay energy

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Blinding incoming traffic is actually very detrimental to your safety.

5. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

reminder that until the industry switched to LEDs it was common knowledge that headlights SHOULD NOT both be aimed straight forward at 90 degrees, as every factory LED setup i've seen are
    the driver's side should be aimed slightly lower and slightly inward for obvious reasons
    there are any number of youtube videos about proper headlight aiming
    but LEDs are aimed straight forward at 90 degrees from the ground

i'm trying to figure out the rationale and the only thing i can come up with is they are intentionally making them blinding and the DOT is in on it, cause they hate you

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

They're aimed correctly, but roads are crowned. So it doesn't matter.
      Also, DOT went strictly on lux, ignoring color. Which was dumb and ignores a few hundred years of science, but whatever.
      >OF course BMW did blue lights first

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

Well it makes sense sine the government is run by Black folk

6. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

I've been thinking of whipping up a gadget to frick with these people, basically just an extraordinarily bright rear-facing LED lightbar in the back window, plus a few of those blinding green military lasers rigged up and angled approximately towards where the driver's eyes would be. Switch it all on when one of these dickheads pulls up behind me until they get the message

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Well I only joke about permablinding people with a 5 watt laser, I highly suggest you dont do that part of it.

They're aimed correctly, but roads are crowned. So it doesn't matter.
      Also, DOT went strictly on lux, ignoring color. Which was dumb and ignores a few hundred years of science, but whatever.
      >OF course BMW did blue lights first

Yeah color temp is the one. The reason street lights stayed Sodium for so long was because the color temp is perfect for keeping sleep disruption and nightvision adaptation as good as possible.
      5k, 6k headlights are ridiculous. Absolutely ridiculous.
      I bet these threads would never have been made if the industries were forced to keep 2700-3500kelvin lamps.

I think V82 tape is the roadgoing version. Wider angle.
      Although some people still might not give a shit...going by an FJ cruiser I was driving behind one night on a country road. Guy had a light bar with lights bright enough to turn the road ahead into daylight, and the guy didn't even turn it off approaching a roadside sign. It was bright enough that it actually hurt to look at, I've no idea wtf was going through his head during that.

It's not that you lose a little light, it's like a lightswitch. I did some tests with the M82, 3M DOT truck tape, and cheap china harbor Freight tape. The M82 and 3M tape performed about the same, the china stuff wasn't quite as bright but had a wider observation angle.
      At the time, I figured a driver would have to be more than 35 feet away to get it in the face with the meme tape, that dropping to maybe 25 feet for the cheap stuff.
      Make no mistake though, I was using a 1500-Lumin flashlight and 2-inch test squares and when that shit hit, it hurt to look at. Even the cheap stuff.

https://i.imgur.com/oxJyGz4.png

[...]
      OK how about 170 feet. Assuming three feet from headlight to eyes.

I'm the guy who looked at a lot of products and recommends SOLAS 9700 tape for maximum angle reflectance.
      I also recommend you take some old cardboard and make 9x9 inch (that's 23cm^3 for you metritards) "plates" for high surface area, especially if you want glaring brightness at a distance.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

where buy

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

where do you actually place this tape on your car? I don't get it? on the outside on the bumper? the rear window? the front of the visor? can't picture it.

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

As high up as possible.
          You want to blind the dicks with high beams and unadjusted lights, not every single person behind you.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

so on the sun visor in the front and then a strip on the very top of the rear window like in pic?

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/G1P8ME8.jpg

so on the sun visor in the front and then a strip on the very top of the rear window like in pic?

headrests and visors are good enough
            you want the angle between the red and white dotted lines (i.e. the driver's eyes and their headlights) to be as narrow as possible. reflective tape reflects it back to the light source, but there is an observation angle where you can still see it some degrees away from the light source.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

>metritards

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

i run selective yellow in my cars after falling for the 6000k led marketing schemes.
        never been happier. i don't know how people drive with the 6000k lights my eyes get exhausted and dry very quick looking at the road illuminated with those.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

>I bet these threads would never have been made if the industries were forced to keep 2700-3500kelvin lamps.
        No there are huge fricking rich transplant homosexuals here who drive around with amber LED fogs on their late model outbacks and it's just as blinding as a 99999999k lightbar
        Miss my shitty xenon highbeams in my last car I bought specifically for this situation

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

Colorado?
          These yuppies and Cali boomer retirees are out of control.
          We are going to become a shittier version of California the way things are going here.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Vermont, same shit but the northeast
            I hate this state so fricking much I cannot wait to leave

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Utterly illegal.

What you can do is put a mirror in your back window, that folds up and where you rig up a string that you can pull on to have the mirror pop up.

This will not only shield you from the direct glare but also send the idiot's own light back at them.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

LEDBlack folk should be illegal yet here we are

I've been thinking of whipping up a gadget to frick with these people, basically just an extraordinarily bright rear-facing LED lightbar in the back window, plus a few of those blinding green military lasers rigged up and angled approximately towards where the driver's eyes would be. Switch it all on when one of these dickheads pulls up behind me until they get the message

based, just don't get caught

Well I only joke about permablinding people with a 5 watt laser, I highly suggest you dont do that part of it.

[...]
        Yeah color temp is the one. The reason street lights stayed Sodium for so long was because the color temp is perfect for keeping sleep disruption and nightvision adaptation as good as possible.
        5k, 6k headlights are ridiculous. Absolutely ridiculous.
        I bet these threads would never have been made if the industries were forced to keep 2700-3500kelvin lamps.

[...]
        [...]
        [...]
        I'm the guy who looked at a lot of products and recommends SOLAS 9700 tape for maximum angle reflectance.
        I also recommend you take some old cardboard and make 9x9 inch (that's 23cm^3 for you metritards) "plates" for high surface area, especially if you want glaring brightness at a distance.

>I highly suggest you dont do that part of it.
        gay

7. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>don't look at oncoming ones directly
    >rearview camera mirror for people behind you

it's really that simple

8. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

When you figure out how laws work. You'd need to contact your state legislature and explain that it's a problem. They go off less pedestrians getting hit at night because lights are brighter. That's what they say at least, in reality it's a conspiracy against you to piss you off and burn out your retinas.

9. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

So how illegal is this to do, exactly? Cops will all eventually have these bright ass headlights, no doubt. What happens when you unknowingly blind a police officer on the road?

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

I mean it's outright illegal but it's enforced a whopping 0.0% of the time.
      The issue isn't so much with LEDs outright, the big issue is people who used to have halogens buy some shitty ultra bright LEDs off Amazon and throw them in. Similarly that's the most illegal aspect for this very reason: they reflector housings magnify the frick out of the light. But still, it's never enforced because how are cops gonna know what every single car did and didn't come with?
      To boot most newer cars over the past 5-10 years now have computerized headlights which will automatically dim or move the beam when they detect and oncoming car.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

99% of times they give you a warning if they're excessively bright and that's it, and about 99% of the time in general they don't bother to do even that. Just not worth their time when they can instead targey drunk drivers or harass speeders to fill their quota

Sorry, I should have been more specific. How illegal is it to install this tape and what will happen when a cop ends up being an accidental victim to it?

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

I mean I doubt there's any direct law around it but I wouldn't be surprised at all if they just made up some shit on the spot and expected you not to challenge it in court if they were having a bad day
          Just get some small but powerful pods like Baja S2's and mount them in the back so you can selectively blind people back. Technically they're also illegal but cops tend to look the other way because it's not uncommon for people to use them as reverse lights
          >I'm one of those people, 4Runner reverse lights absolutely suck ass

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Based response. I was considering an ultra high lumen flashlight to counterblind these dipshits but that's a much better idea. Besides, there are certain laws that could have me in trouble for "spotlighting from a vehicle" if I used the flashlight

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Yeah that'd get you in a heap of trouble

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

what year and what lense did you go with? I have the same problem with my 99

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

S2 sports with work/scene lenses. Perfect amount of light

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

I don't think there would be anything against it tbhfam cause tow trucks, utility vans and other cars frequently use reflective tape for visibility purposes

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

99% of times they give you a warning if they're excessively bright and that's it, and about 99% of the time in general they don't bother to do even that. Just not worth their time when they can instead targey drunk drivers or harass speeders to fill their quota

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Cops don't enforce anything but reckless speed and expired tags if they notice. US police are demoralized and want to avoid interacting with anyone on thier shift. I have had cops blind me and I strobe the shit out of them, never got pulled over for it. A lot of the time they turn off the highbeams.

10. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

any recommended projectors and modern bulb kits for 8th gen civics?

11. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

What's the best place to put the meme tape, 00 Toyota Corolla

12. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Remember tape does absolutely nothing, it just to make you feel good that you are doing something, I guess? Nobody I have ever talked to has this problem they just learn to not stare at the lights.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

No idea if any of that works in practice, but for those who want to try it i will point out you can cheaply buy actual retroreflector mirros, the thing that tape is a way shittier version of, so if you want to blind a motherfricker, don't go for mediocre solutions, go all out.

every time lol

13. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

No idea if any of that works in practice, but for those who want to try it i will point out you can cheaply buy actual retroreflector mirros, the thing that tape is a way shittier version of, so if you want to blind a motherfricker, don't go for mediocre solutions, go all out.

14. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>Eyelets ITT

15. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

the combination of LED lights and SUVs is utterly demonic.

16. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Petition your state government to add headlight alignment to state inspection, if they have state inspections. But if they don't don't you fricking ask them to start.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>But if they don't don't you fricking ask them to start.
      If that's the solution I'll stick with the meme tape

17. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>ill shoot yall sum b***hes
    Nothing but redneck hicks ITT

18. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

I thought people were flashing their brights at me while driving over speedbumps for the longest time.
    I was checking my headlights and slowing down for cops.
    I just assumed they were dickheads after awhile.
    I flashed my brights at someone blinding me and they turned on their real brights on in retaliation and blinded me.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

there's a dashcam clip of some tradie ute that rages at the cam driver because he thought he was flashing his brights but he was just going over the exact same speed bump the tradie ute went over not even 10 secs before. he pulled over, went behind him and turned on his light bar for a bit before fricking off. one of the strangest road rage incidents ive ever seen

19. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

clean the inside of your windshield, vapetard

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>bro just hit your windshield with some glass cleaner every single time you start the car
      I already do, homosexual

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

this homie stays inside so much hes never seen rain drops

20. 1 month ago
    s10fag

Theyre already illegal. Blame the pigs.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *