When will the autonomous cars meme die?

When will the autonomous cars meme die? I remember my shop teacher in the 7th grade promising is was just 2 more weeks away in the '00s.
Self driving cars can't even beat the worlds best race car driver on a circular track, It can't even get the best track time.
Deep Blue beat the worlds best chess player in 97. Until that happens we are at least 20 years away if not more.

Tip Your Landlord Shirt $21.68

UFOs Are A Psyop Shirt $21.68

Tip Your Landlord Shirt $21.68

1. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

BEVs took about 120 years before the technology matured and within 10 years will go from 1% market share to 50%. Not everything in life progresses linearly. It's like how for the first 20 years of your life you get no pussy, then in 5 years you've banged a dozen women and are settling down and likely going to be married with your current gf.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>BEVs took about 120 years before the technology matured and within 10 years will go from 1% market share to 50%. Not everything in life progresses linearly. It's like how for the first 20 years of your life you get no pussy, then in 5 years you've banged a dozen women and are settling down and likely going to be married with your current gf.
      Nice copium, chatGPT. Hydrogen chads will kill the BEV.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

When BEVs were at 5% market share, economists were still skeptical whether it would actually become dominant. Hydrogen is at what? 0.0001% market share?

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Hydrogen needs to iron out some kinks before it becomes suitable for mass production but the potential is much greater once those hurdles are cleared.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Just seems stupid to build liquid hydrogen networks and have giant trucks with liquid hydrogen destroying the roads with their weight when you can just transport energy via power lines at the speed of light to the vehicles.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>just transport energy via power lines at the speed of light
            This homie never heard of electrical resistance.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Oh no it only travels at 90% the speed of light! You got me there. I am so embarrassed by only being 90% correct.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>I am so embarrassed by only being 90% correct.
            By not knowing the theoretical minimum electrical resistance and misattributing it to the speed of light, you were not 90% correct, you were 100% incorrect.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Wrong.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

That's correct. You were 100% wrong.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Why do you think electricity travels at the speed of light? You have two ways of looking at the speed of wave propagation in media
            >telegraph equation
            The speed will be related to the ratio of inductance to capacitance of the line, much like the speed of sound is determined by compressibility and density of air. This way, you are thinking about macroscopic quantities, which is probably easier for brainlets like you
            >Fermi velocity
            In so-called normal metals, transport properties can be understood by modeling charge carriers as degenerate electron systems with no interaction. The speed of propagation of carriers is related to the force exerted, with the average velocity of a given system determined by the density of charge carriers in said system. In particular, most normal metals have massive electrons with densities such that the characteristic velocity is much smaller than the speed of light. This is the microscopic approach, which will likely cause more screeching from autists like you. Within the standard theory of charge transport, it is not difficult to show that the degenerate electron gas model gives the same result as the macroscopic generalized circuit model

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>refilling takes almost the same time as charging EVs
        >your gas tank will be empty after like 2 weeks from boil-off, assuming everything seals as planned
        >hydrogen cell poisoning
        >metal embrittlement
        >production from NG wastes most of the energy - might as well use CNG/LPG
        >green production is utter fantasy
        >is more expensive than all alternatives
        >gas stations might as well not exist
        all the inconveniences of petrol and none of the benefits

2. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I'm happily using FSD 12.3.6 right now, it can do ~95% of my normal driving just fine. That last 5% might take another decade, but it will happen.
    I don't mind the occasional disengagement because it's in the wrong lane or something; it's to be expected that it isn't perfect.

3. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>Self driving cars can't even beat the worlds best race car driver on a circular track, It can't even get the best track time.
    They can and have in video game simulations.

But, like all technology, it has to crawl before it can run. The comparatively slower speed of a city is much easier to study and teach the software than something like racing.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>AI can drive in a video game simulation

Well I'd fricking hope so, it would defeat the purpose of it being a video game.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>They can and have in video game simulations.
      I bet you're a fast racing driver in video games too. Unfortunately you'd wreck and die in real life. Video games aren't real life.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Oh I don't play any racing games. They suck.

4. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Dood 2 more weeks, trust me bro, we're 99% there. Progress is inevitable. There are no bad ideas. One day you will be able to play vidya james while doing a sub 8 minute lap on the Nurburging. Uber and taxi drivers will all lose their jobs as automous ride hailing takes over the market. It will be illegal for humans to operate their own vehicles due to machine learning AI being better drivers. Robots will do your work and artificial wombs will produce your offspring. You will have no purpose for existence besides the hedonistic consumption of carnal pleasures. Concepts like human autonomy will be out-dated and antiquated. The algorithm will make life perfect for you. We will return to the promised land where nothing bad ever happens. You will become the perfect consumer unit. There is no escape from progress. Just two more weeks.

5. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Never the whole economy is build on magic beans the future will always be 2 weeks away

6. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>When will the autonomous cars meme die?
    I don't even understand the market. Who wants a self driving car? Surely this isn't driven by consumer demand?

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

its pretty nice on long road trips (have logged probably 500 miles on GM supercruise with my boss’ escalade) but other than that its not really worth it. enhanced ACC with lane centering, AEB, and automatic driver demanded lane changes is basically all it is.
      im not turning it on to go to the grocery store a mile away, or home depot 2 miles away. i dont even drive with lane centering on 99% of the time with my personal car

7. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

you've never seen waymo in the part of your shit town?

8. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>Self driving cars can't even beat the worlds best race car driver on a circular track
    Is that a challenge?

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *