Which Trug?

Now that the Hurricane I6 is available with the Ram, which half ton pickup is the best?
Do the Chevys still have v8 lifter problems?

Ape Out Shirt $21.68

Tip Your Landlord Shirt $21.68

Ape Out Shirt $21.68

1. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

The answer has always been Ford. Especially with the new facelift, the lower trim f150s are the best looking half ton since 1996

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>OP asking about engines
      >F150 shill immediately responds with "best looking" (wrong)

2. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

F150 is the best option still

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>but its paired with a fricked up 10 speed automatic because it gets better MPGs.
      That's an understatement. The 10r80 is such a massive piece of shit in my experience. It jerks and clunks like a 16 year old kid learning to drive on a manual. Maybe it's just mine though because some others say theirs is buttery smooth.

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Idk how it can vary so much. Some people say they are rough as early as 10k miles, some say 100k. And I don’t understand how the bigger ones don’t have the problem as much as they should be pretty much the same in geometry.

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Mine was rough brand new straight off the dealer lot (and I'm an idiot for not catching that on the test drive). I think it's just terrible QC wherever they're manufactured. I'm dropping it off for warranty service (again) soon and am praying that it gets seen by a competent tech because I'm sick of feeling like I'm getting kicked in the back every time I come to a stop.

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Somewhere in the last 5ish years all of the truck manufactures decided half tons are purely fashion accessories and would not be built to the same quality as the HD trucks.

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

I would believe it. The Mexico made GM trucks come with rust.ndphp

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Mine was rough brand new straight off the dealer lot (and I'm an idiot for not catching that on the test drive). I think it's just terrible QC wherever they're manufactured. I'm dropping it off for warranty service (again) soon and am praying that it gets seen by a competent tech because I'm sick of feeling like I'm getting kicked in the back every time I come to a stop.

Could be the DOD / AFM

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Interesting thought, maybe. I just took it to another dealer only to be told that the rough shifts are completely normal. I've heard that a custom tune helps significantly, but it's ridiculous that customers would need to go that route to fix a problem from the factory. I'm thinking that Ford is beyond saving at this point.

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Interesting thought, maybe. I just took it to another dealer only to be told that the rough shifts are completely normal. I've heard that a custom tune helps significantly, but it's ridiculous that customers would need to go that route to fix a problem from the factory. I'm thinking that Ford is beyond saving at this point.

Rough shifts on the 10 speed F-150s is not uncommon. That (and the 7.3) are large reasons people are moving to Super Duties.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Well I'm certainly rethinking my decision to buy a F-150. But with the way I've been treated by ford with this issue I'm thinking maybe I should have just bought a Ram (lol jk). I should have just bought one used with the 6-speed like all the autists here recommend.

And going the Super Duty route sounds nice, but the shit fuel economy would be a b***h for any long trips. It's definitely worth considering though.

3. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous
    • 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Buy an ad, chang

4. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Probably ford still, as much as they get memed the ecoboosts are pretty nice and you can still get a coyote if that’s more your style.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>ecoboosts
      It's perfect suburbia engine. Just don't tow or step on the skinny too often.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

I hear that with atleast the 3.5 it tows closer to a TD in feel. Better than the 5.0 is what people say. The 2.7 is also evidently a very overbuilt engine for the average person.

5. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Titan V8, new or used. No lifter issues, no stop and start bullshit.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>bro get a discontinued truck there's super good deals going on rn

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>Titan V8,
      CVT goes bad tho

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

No V8 Nissan has a CVT.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

No truck on earth has a CVT transmission you tard

6. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

The best truck on the market at any given time is usually the one with the oldest drove train.
    It was the tundra until the new gen came out.
    Then it was the ram with the 5.7 and the zf8 speed but now theyre phasing out the 5.7 hemi for that I6TT.
    Ford has the oldest drive train available afaik.

7. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>Ford shilling
    GM, not even close, both new and especially old GMT-800's.

8. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Unironically the Nissan titan is a good contender for the best half ton but you don’t see many of them because of the stigma associated with niisan

9. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

get a smart if you want your car to match your dicksize lmao

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

> need almost 3 meters of dick to buy smart
      what did he mean by this?

10. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>the bots are already talking about dick size

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

I'm gay by the way

11. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Just get the F150 in the highest trim you can afford.

12. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

For me, it's the GMC Sierra
    Luv me pushrod V8s, simple as

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous
      • 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Hows the gm transmission game looking rn?

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

They use the Ford-GM co-developed 10 speed. Shifts fast and I haven't heard of big issues

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Finally?
            When I was truck shopping last the used market every gm truck had that shitty 8 speed.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

When was that?

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

$70K for a half-ton
        Hard pass.

13. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>which half ton pickup is the best?

Ramcharger 1500 +3 years depreciation if you live in a state with CARB warranties. Non-Toyota PHEVs depreciate like BEVs, while qualifying for a 10 yr/150k mile warranty over the battery and hybrid drivetrain, which is a safety net for Mopar doing Mopar things.

Granted, CARB warranty states are overwhelmingly dysfunctional shitholes to live in, so that’s a bit of a boob prize there.

14. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

They're all bad in different ways. I've seen brand new GM 5.3's burning over a QT per 1000 miles. The Ford 5.0 is a car engine that uses a belt driven oil pump, the ecoboosts are ecoboosts. I think you gotta be out of your mind to buy a current gen Ram with spark plugs let alone one with a completely new high strung engine. I wouldn't trust a new Tundra either, still too many issues. I've heard the least amount of bad things about the GM 6.2 but they're pretty rare and expensive.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

I’ve got a 2018 Ram with the 5.7 Hemi and ZF8, it’s got a little over 100k miles now and still runs like the day I bought it new. If I was buying a new truck it would most likely be an F150 with the 5.0. Idk how it being a “car” engine is a negative considering people boost them on stock internals to around 1000 horsepower with little effort. Stock NA with the 10 speed is plenty for 95% of half ton truck owners I’d imagine. I can’t get past how ugly the new Silverado’s look so they’re off my list

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

The 5.0 is not very torquey compared to a pushrod.
        I’d probably opt for a GM with a 6.2 or a Ford Super Duty with a Godzilla engine.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

I get that, but they still have enough grunt even if they need to spin faster. Thats partially the beauty of the 10 speed. I would completely get the 7.3 Godzilla if I was getting a 3/4 ton. I see no point in owning a new diesel given how expensive they are and all the issues from the emissions control garbage. I used to own a 7.3 PowerStroke and regret ever getting rid of it.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

They make sense if towing a lot or if you really just want that torque feel.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Godzilla is 100% the way to go. Sold my coyote 5.0 for a 7.3 F-350 and couldn't be happier.

15. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

They are all the same quality. Drive them all, look at them all, buy the one you liked most.

16. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Bear in mind this is all in Australia so different conditions and usage. I bought the Silverado in ZR2 spec. We only get a small range here. That or the LTZ. This is my daily driver. I also wanted something to comfortably tow horse float and car trailer, which is at least weekly for either. I also go hunting about once a month at a friend’s large property that requires a fair degree of off-road capability, including steep climbs and heavily rutted tracks. I also take a quad bike there and use an old cattle loading ramp to offload, so the rear tray size is perfect. So far I’ve done 20,000km and the thing doesn’t miss a beat. Only mods are an exhaust and Ironman rock sliders. I really can’t fault it. It’s been pushed pretty hard off-road and goes anywhere. The 33” tyres are plenty unless you’re chasing a different “look” I guess. I can’t see there being any real measurable gain from upgrading any suspension etc either. It’s as good as i need it right out of the box.

17. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Chevy NA V8 CrewCab can be had for 43k

18. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Get a Ram

19. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Can someone explain why certain trucks seem to have so many problems? You would think a simple utility vehicle would be figured out by now?

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

They've been adding new tech and screwing with them to get better MPGs and emissions to keep the regulatory state happy. Take the F150, you can get a great V8 in it; but its paired with a fricked up 10 speed automatic because it gets better MPGs.

20. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Chevrolet Tahoe LS Diesel

21. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Why bother with a half-ton when they cost as much as a 3/4? Just get an F250 with the base 6.8L pushrod port injected V8.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

LT or better Chevy 1500 cost the same as WT 2500 or did at least.

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Yup just checked found a 2500 WT DoubleCab the same asking price as my 1500 CrewCab 5.3.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Half ton rides better if you don't need the payload and only tow trailers under 10k lbs.

22. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

What's wrong with a tacoma/hilux or tundra?

23. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>tfw actuallly understood what an v16 quad turbo means

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *