Which US state is the best for car enthusiasts?

Which US state is the best for car enthusiasts?

POSIWID: The Purpose Of A System Is What It Does Shirt $21.68

Homeless People Are Sexy Shirt $21.68

POSIWID: The Purpose Of A System Is What It Does Shirt $21.68

1. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

michigan

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

UP? The bottom half of the lower is all flat grids and the top half is mostly straight state roads with some ok curves and great views but also cops fricking everywhere. I've never been to the UP though so maybe it's less terrible. My vote is Eastern KY or West VA. Awesome roads, cops don't give a shit.

2. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

California. Despite the strict emissions laws, it still has the best roads, car culture, and year round good weather. California was the epicenter of the muscle car, low rider, motorcycle, and many other scenes.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>California. Despite the strict emissions laws, it still has the best roads, car culture, and year round good weather.

This. CA is still way ahead even with our evil commie government trying to destroy it.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/1VqtGKl.jpg

Cali of course

California unironically

California. Despite the strict emissions laws, it still has the best roads, car culture, and year round good weather. California was the epicenter of the muscle car, low rider, motorcycle, and many other scenes.

Highest gas prices in the country, commie government, traffic.

You're living in the past. Cali is dead.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

>Highest gas prices in the country

Oh no, $4 a gallon!

I'm too busy driving on the best roads in the country to care.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>can't import gray market cars like the Jimny and register as an offroad vehicle so you can at least drive it everywhere but the highway
      >can't drive any UTV, ATV, or dirtbike on any public road unless just to cross in a straight line
      >doesn't even matter because can't ride those vehicles anywhere in the state, it's banned and there's new emissions laws preventing even the ownership of them
      >have to register all of those types of vehicles now so the state can smog them, have to be up to some ridiculous smog standard

And yes they will go to places like Glamis and fine people for bot having them smog checked and registered. Meanwhile the state officially banned those annoying gas powered leaf blowers Mexicans annoy me with, but go ahead and call that in. They'll call you racist and not enforce it. This is a fricked up ass backward place laden with extreme totalitarian over-regulation. They're banning the sale of all gas cars by 2035, and have stuck to that date.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>"and have stuck to that date."
        >still over a decade away

• 2 months ago
        Greased Geese

>they will go to places like Glamis and fine people for Not having them smog checked and registered
        sounds like they should build the trail rigs for running over cops instead of hobbling over rocks.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

this and I hate California

https://i.imgur.com/DMKsA2J.jpg

[...]
      [...]
      [...]

Highest gas prices in the country, commie government, traffic.

You're living in the past. Cali is dead.

poor

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>Register cars that won't ever pass SMOG in a different state
      >Drive them into California
      >participate in California car events
      is this the ultimate move? i always fix engine problems but i never install a catalyst. i always like to smell that good-running engine smell. i can tell when something isn't right by the smell. i also get about 5 more mpg out of my cars when the catalyst isn't installed.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Yup.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

It's not 2005 anymore grandpa

3. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Switzerland
    1990s Germany
    2010s Australia
    Japan

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

mental moron

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>2010s Australia
      lolwut

Texas easily. At least top 3. Several big cities with no shortage of custom shops, meets, shows, racing, you name it it's here somewhere. Starting next year we're getting rid of annual vehicle inspections. Front plate law but very very loosely enforced. Haven't had one in years. Almost no snow so no salt no rust. Tons of cheap land to build big houses with garages, no one parks on the street.

Montana.

>No property tax on cars
      >no inspections of any kind
      >radar detector and laser jammer legal
      >speeding is not a felony at any rate
      >no front license plate
      >and the last state to have no speed limit until the feds gave ‘em an ultimatum.

Oro y plata, motherfrickers.

does montana and texas have any comfy driving roads? or windy roads where you can larp as dagumi in a big frickhueg classic boat? If not I feel like it's another case of 'there's always a catch" since california has some very very nice roads, but the govt is excessively authoritarian on vehicle regulations. Are there any places where you can have your cake and eat it too?

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

I couldn't tell you for sure about the roads in Texas but the weather seems ripe for it, especially in the western half of the state. Montana can get very snowy. I've driven there in the summer and it was fun but if you want a sports car, it will be much more of a seasonal drive there.

In terms of having your cake and eating it too, I would look into Nevada. The weather is great for cars there and you would be able to go drive some great roads in California while being partially immune from their auto regulations by not being a resident. Nevada itself would have some great roads as well.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>switzerland
      american detected, they got low ass speed limits and they throw you in jail for speeding lmao

the best is obviously eastern europe, and specifically poland or russia - in poland most modifications are legal including engine swaps, in russia the cops dont care or you can bribe them. the fines are a joke

4. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Texas easily. At least top 3. Several big cities with no shortage of custom shops, meets, shows, racing, you name it it's here somewhere. Starting next year we're getting rid of annual vehicle inspections. Front plate law but very very loosely enforced. Haven't had one in years. Almost no snow so no salt no rust. Tons of cheap land to build big houses with garages, no one parks on the street.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>cheap land
      Texan here, it's not cheap here at all

5. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

New Hampshire

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

I'm about to -ACK myself since I can't even find a truck or suv with a blown motor or troony with no rust under for sub 4k, so not really.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

RT 112 between lincoln and conway is a blast. but I think the most fun I've had on the road was in PA around the poconos

6. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

California unironically

7. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Cali of course

8. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Montana.

>No property tax on cars
    >no inspections of any kind
    >radar detector and laser jammer legal
    >speeding is not a felony at any rate
    >no front license plate
    >and the last state to have no speed limit until the feds gave ‘em an ultimatum.

Oro y plata, motherfrickers.

9. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Let’s start with this - states with front license plate requirement are cucked.

So whatever you answer, must be one of these to begin with:

Alabama
    Alaska
    Arizona
    Arkansas
    Delaware
    Florida
    Georgia
    Indiana
    Kansas
    Kentucky
    Louisiana
    Michigan
    Mississippi
    New Mexico
    North Carolina
    Ohio
    Oklahoma
    Pennsylvania
    South Carolina
    Tennessee
    West Virginia

Ohio is a shit hellhole with greedy cops ticketing everybody

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

I live in Oregon and leave my front plate in the garage and literally nothing has happened after years of driving

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Oregon bro!
        Hwy 6 is fun. I like to snake on the back roads to the coast whenever I have a vacation.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Where's Nevada? We don't require front plates

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>Ohio is a shit hellhole with greedy cops ticketing everybody

As someone who lives in Ohio, the easiest solution to this is to not drive like a massive c**t on the interstates or major state highways. Instead, you take a cruise out to the eastern/southeastern region where you're in the Appalachian foothills and then do all your hooning about on the more scenic routes. Plenty of fun, curvy roads, usually low traffic, and usually pretty well maintained.

I can't remember the exact route number, but there is really nice route that starts in Marietta, OH and weaves and bobs north/northwest through the foothills, and plenty of county roads attached to it so you can divert for fuel, etc.

Of course if you want to make a weekend of it you might as well just cross the border at that point and drive into west virginia, but I guess it depends on your starting point.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Let’s start with this - states with front license plate requirement are cucked.

So whatever you answer, must be one of these to begin with:

Alabama
        Alaska
        Arizona
        Arkansas
        Delaware
        Florida
        Georgia
        Indiana
        Kansas
        Kentucky
        Louisiana
        Michigan
        Mississippi
        New Mexico
        North Carolina
        Ohio
        Oklahoma
        Pennsylvania
        South Carolina
        Tennessee
        West Virginia

Ohio is a shit hellhole with greedy cops ticketing everybody

Former Ohiogay here. It's not great, not terrible. Ohio State Route 555 is a mini Dragon, and a well-kept secret. Just don't piss off the 1%ers and you'll be fine. Cities aren't bad to drive in, but the cops are cracking down on everything. Some Cars and Coffee events and night meets are okay, but most day meets are richgays and boomers, and night meets are full of Black folk and wiggers.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>Kansas

I vote Kansas. I live next door in Missouri, but driving through Kansas is truly a joy. They have a slightly higher gasoline tax, but they actually take care of their roads. Minimal potholes. The state has also seen serious population decline, and even from 2010-2020 their population went down. This means the roads are NEVER busy and there is NEVER any serious traffic even in the bigger cities like Wichita or Kansas City, Kansas. Johnson County can be bad, but barely.

Also land and property is cheap in Kansas. This is why a lot of car youtubers like Hoovie's Garage, Car Wizard, and many others live in Kansas. Specifically, Southern Kansas around the Wichita area is pretty nice. You get the benefits of the midwest without the detriments. They take great care of their roads, but on top of that, the southern part of the state doesn't get much snow, and they just use sand instead of salt. So cars are much less prone to rust.

I know Kansas seems boring, and it is boring. But for motoring, it is truly a great place. I saw more classic cars per capita in Wichita than anywhere else.

pic related is the Kansas Turnpike. It is partially a toll road, but it is the single comfiest highway I've ever drive on in my life. Driving from Kansas City to Wichita is a breeze. Traffic is always flowing smoothly. You can cruise at 100+ without causing any danger to anyone. The landscape is surprisingly scenic

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

I've been through Kansas a few times while headed up to Wisconsin. It's a pretty comfy drive

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>Alabama
      *revokes you are license in you're path*

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Dawg, I'm from Bama. There is almost no traffic enforcement and nobody is getting licenses revoked unless they're driving without insurance or DUI. Where are you getting this idea from?

Why did you include Florida in this

I thought about not including it, but the panhandle has some nice spots and there's a lot of roll racing in south fl. It's mostly straight roads forever, but at least they're usually decently paved.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

I'm from alabama and my tag has been expired for 3 years and I've never been pulled over once.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Not really a flex. Just means you have a bunch of lawless Black folk on your roads.

10. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I'll say Texas. High speed limits, cheap gas, mild winters, variety of environments mean a variety of roads both straight and curvy.

11. 2 months ago
    [PLEBSPOTTERS] BigC

Whatever state you live in, now stay there

12. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I would say one of the warmer and dryer ones. You also don't want one that is likely to regulate the hell out of driving so that knocks out California or New Mexico. According to me, your best options are Arizona, Nevada, Utah, or Texas.

13. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>there are people ITT who have not driven the PCH

14. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>his state doesn't have a Akina pass

15. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

The southeast.
    No snow, no rust, corners and hills exist, and outside of Atlanta and a few Florida cities law enforcement barely exists. No inspections or emissions requirements in some of these states.
    I wanted to include NM and AZ, but from what I've seen fun corners are hard to find there.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Why did you include Florida in this

16. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Alaska isn't perfect but I love it

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Is that the matanuska?

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Yes sir