Anonymous

why are v6 shit and cant into torque

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>why are v6 shit and cant into torque
      Most of them are cut down v8 and have fricked harmonics

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

The only production v6 thats a cut down v8 is the audi 2.9/3.0t and they make mountains of torque

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Bzzzt wrong what about the 3800 ?!

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

They haven't made the 3.8 in like 20 years you fricking moron. If we were going by that metric I would have listed off the benz m272, audis original v6 in 2.8/2.6/2.7t/3.0 guise, audis fsi 3.2/3.0t, the chevy 4.3, chrysler 4.3?i think, and of course the buick motor

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Oh yeah and both the buick and audi motors are hardly "based on" a cut down v8, rather they simply share a 90 degree bank angle. The audi motor is a totally different block, only the FSI V6 shares architecture with the V8 and V10

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

that hasn't been true in the US in over 40 years

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

The rover and gm 217 alum offshoots where used into the mid 00s so that's wrong

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>"most of them"
            >that hasn't been true
            I am correct, now frick off.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

No your Fricking wrong the last 3800 was used until 2006 in the monaro gto u stupid c**t

Fricken how are you right

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>MoSt Of ThEm
            >MOST OFTHEM
            >most of them

>posts 3 engines
            YOU'RE A FRICKING moron!

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Why are you stupid? The Pentastar v6 makes more torque per liter than the v8. 74.7 pounds versus 71 pounds per liter.

The real answer to OP is the Camaro v6 with 285 lbs of torque and 335 horsepower. 79 pounds of torque per liter. 93 horsepower per liter. That’s almost S2000 horsepower per liter levels, and it only needs 7000 rpm to do it instead of 9000 rpm.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>That’s almost S2000 horsepower per liter levels, and it only needs 7000 rpm to do it instead of 9000 rpm.
        And an extra 100lbs cause a split set of heads valves and pistons. Its just a wheezing v6 that can't even rev. I'd rather take a vq37vhr with 350hp

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

id rather take a 7.5L v8 with 200hp

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

The VQ37HR revlimit is a mere 500 rpm above the Pentastar and they make exactly the same rated torque meaning the VQ's extra 30 HP is simply because it revs 500 rpm higher and it isn't actually usable power. The Pstar makes more torque at lower rpms and doesn't drop off at the limit, so it's actually the more powerful engine and doesn't need to rev so high to go the same speed.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>torque per liter
        Nobody gives a frick.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

The GRolla makes 187 horsepower per liter and 184 torque per liter, are you gonna say that one is the ultimate driving machine then?

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

the GR Corolla just replaces what would otherwise be an entire bank of cylinders with a turbo

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

The argument wasn't displacement or forced induction, it was purely horsepower per liter. Are you now saying it's not an effective metric?

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

forced induction increases displacement so comparing it to an NA engine without doing the math to convert the peak boost pressure into the real air volume per cylinder is disingenuous.
            it's like comparing a rotary to a 4 stroke piston engine. it looks better until you consider the rotary has three power strokes for the other engines one.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

And absolutely none of that matters when it's in pigfat cars that can't handle anyways. Power/liter means nothing, power band and vehicle weight are what matters. My daily makes 90lb/ft per liter, and that means diddly dick when you compare it to that v6, while I'd emberass your v6 camaro so badly you'd transition, it isn't a fair comparison when I'm making that power out of over 8 liters.

>it makes all of that torque before 3500rpm
        >doesn't drop below 700 until over 6200

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

the challenger is a 52:48 double wishbone rwd sports car that corners at over 1g in its absolute most base model shitbox configuration
          if it was made by nissan and said skyline on it you'd be cumming hard enough to bleed

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

My daily has an 8 liter v8. What about my post is praising nipshit?

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

anime website
            shove off normie

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Contrary to popular belief not everyone is a basement dwelling NEET weeb on this Mongolian basket weaving forum. I've been here for nearly 20 years, so calm down wrenchlet.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>cope
            anime website
            total normoid death

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

S2k is around 120hp/l i wouldnt call 93hp/l close... Almost 30% more which is around what the difference in rpm is

And absolutely none of that matters when it's in pigfat cars that can't handle anyways. Power/liter means nothing, power band and vehicle weight are what matters. My daily makes 90lb/ft per liter, and that means diddly dick when you compare it to that v6, while I'd emberass your v6 camaro so badly you'd transition, it isn't a fair comparison when I'm making that power out of over 8 liters.

>it makes all of that torque before 3500rpm
        >doesn't drop below 700 until over 6200

Power/liter means the engine doesnt choke at high rpm. Important if youre stuck with a limitation on displacement. Higher rpm also allows for more aggresive gearing

The argument wasn't displacement or forced induction, it was purely horsepower per liter. Are you now saying it's not an effective metric?

Black person brain

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Power/liter means nothing about an engine choking or not. Rpm is not in this discussion. The only merit to power/liter is comparing an apple to an apple which virtually no engine is, there's far more factors at play from power/torque curve, overall rpm, where the engines happy and what it's even designed to do.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>Power/liter means nothing about an engine choking
            Choking at high rpm lowers hp/l figures.
            >Rpm is not in this discussion
            Then why mention overall rpm where engines are happy? Low level bait

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

>Power/liter means the engine doesnt choke at high rpm.
          No Black person, having peak power near redline means the engine doesn't choke at high rpm. Power per liter is literally only a metric at how efficient a given engine is relative to displacement, it's not a metric of performance.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>Power per liter is literally only a metric at how efficient a given engine is relative to displacement
            >Not a metric of performance
            A more efficient engine will perform better than a less efficient one of relative displacement.
            Low level bait

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Efficient =/= better. Just because it's efficient doesn't make it good, this is why dyno queen numbers are useless.

>Power/liter means nothing about an engine choking
            Choking at high rpm lowers hp/l figures.
            >Rpm is not in this discussion
            Then why mention overall rpm where engines are happy? Low level bait

Hp/l is a useless measurement in almost every regard. Engines are not a blanket comparison of X and Y variables. See above, dyno queens are dyno queens, peak numbers are trash.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>If efficient =/= beter
            Thats a pretty moronic thing to say. Your implying less efficient is better lol
            >Dyno queen numbers are useless
            Ya because it's on a dyno. Put it on a track and put it to use
            >Engines are not a blanket comparison of X and Y variables
            It is a blanket comparison otherwise youd spend decades deciding if you want the V6 or the V8.
            Low level bait

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Just because it's EFFICIENT does not mean it's GOOD. It doesn't mean it's making good power over a usable rpm range, doesn't mean it's useful, doesn't mean it's going to even do well on a track. Is it responsive? How's the torque? Can it even tolerate abuse? Is it reliable? Is it able to be built or is it a piece of shit? Just because you can make a peak HP number given a set displacement, does not imply any of these things nor that it is good. It's literally comparable to dyno peak numbers. I don't give a shit if you make 200hp/l, I'd it only does that up at the peak RPM and nowhere down below it's trash.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Holy shit so theres two of you.
            EFFICIENT is GOOD. Imagine not aiming for efficiency if you can. The rest is a byproduct of the efficiency bro.
            Not sure what you have against peak dyno numbers.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>Just because it's EFFICIENT does not mean it's GOOD.

Wrong.
            >high VE across the rev range = lots of torque = lots of power and a broad torque curve
            good
            >high thermodynamic efficiency = low bsfc = peak torque and power from less fuel
            good
            >low parasitic losses = more power and fuel economy for free
            good
            >low weight for power/torque output = better acceleration and handling
            good
            >efficient intercooler = more density from the same boost pressure = more power
            good
            >efficient turbo = more density from the same boost pressure and less heat input into the charge = higher detonation threshold
            good
            >efficiently header = better scavenging and less pumping losses
            good
            efficiently intake = broader torque curve and lower frictional and pumping losses = more power
            good

If you're an engine builder/tuner and you don't chase efficiency you are throwing power away. You're probably one of those knuckle draggers who throws the heaviest forged rods in a low compression engine with a two lobe roots blower and an ancient carburetor and calls his 700 gross hp 6,500rpm 1968 454 that weighs 800lbs and burns as much fuel as a 1,000hp twin turbo LS good because it HP/L is for homosexuals and honda kids

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

502 making 680/740 NA, runs to 7100rpm.

>16 mpg highway

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>M20A-FKS, 2.0L Corolla engine
            >168 horsepower
            >84 horsepower per liter
            >40% thermal efficiency
            And we all know that engine is a definite screamer isn't it? Oh wait no it's not it's a gutless economy engine.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Whats your point? Whats the comparison?
            Low level bait

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Point being horsepower per liter isn't a good measurement for engine performance unless you are comparing two engines are both the same layout, the same displacement, and are both installed in cars that are roughly the same weight, both engines being completely bone stock. Horsepower per liter is a cope people use to fool themselves into believing they bought the better performing engine even though it has less horsepower and torque overall.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Theres a reason people created classes. If you want to comepare everything to everything, then youll never arrive at a conclusion. Your way of thinking is juvenile
            Low level bait

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>talking about classes
            >classes where engines are heavily regulated, roughly the same layout, usually the same displacement, installed in cars where they're regulated to a certain weight
            >the one situation I said horsepower per liter might make sense as a comparison metric
            >meanwhile you
            >comparing two different engines with different layouts in different cars
            >no one even brought up the issue of racing classes to begin with
            >calling me the juvenile

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Learn to greentext
            >heavily regulated, same displacement, etc.
            Great i agree. So are you this guy?

>M20A-FKS, 2.0L Corolla engine
            >168 horsepower
            >84 horsepower per liter
            >40% thermal efficiency
            And we all know that engine is a definite screamer isn't it? Oh wait no it's not it's a gutless economy engine.

i hope not.
            >comparing two different engines
            >brought up race classes
            I never did the above. Stop putting words in peoples mouths
            >calling me juvenile
            I said your thinking is juvenile. The above proves my point so far. Your behaviour is questionable as well. So whats wrong about this

S2k is around 120hp/l i wouldnt call 93hp/l close... Almost 30% more which is around what the difference in rpm is
            [...]
            Power/liter means the engine doesnt choke at high rpm. Important if youre stuck with a limitation on displacement. Higher rpm also allows for more aggresive gearing
            [...]
            Black person brain

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>HP/L
        have a nice day and this useless metric for your 2 liters of cope.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Cool, be sure to let the Hemi driver know that even though he gapped you your torque per liter is higher therefore you actually beat him
        >you’re a coping homosexual that uses useless metrics like torque/liter

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Because less amount of V6 engines have high compression ratios, direct injection or combined direct injection and port injection, advanced variable valve timing, variable speed and flow oil pump. Their transmissions gear ratios are often ridiculously long.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>why are v6 shit and cant into torque
      no one makes a 5.7 liter V6 for cars. the pentastar has more torques per liter than the hemi, and way more hp per liter because it has a DOHC head

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>DOHC head with separate intake/exhaust VVT
        ftfy

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Ok.
        Now make that v6 the same 5.7 litres and see how that ratio of """"""hp/L"""""" or """"""trq/L"""""""" quickly fades into obscurity.
        Again another apples vs oranges pants on head ass moron comparison.
        >Verification not required.

4. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>per liter
    Smelling awfully third world in here

5. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Pentastar v6 by far for a daily driver. I have a 2020 Challenger v6, and am pleased with both the power and fuel efficiency. A 20-30 mpg v6 that's almost comparable to a first gen LS1's performance is basically the perfect engine IMO.
    The only downside is it still sounds like a clunky v6, and of course the stigma around havng a v6 because most people are uninformed.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

You know I heard a challenger with the v6 hoon by the other day and I have no idea what the exhaust setup was but it sounded better than the average v8 chally. No rumble but actually sounded sporty as it hit high RPMs, unlike the hemis which just sound lazy.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>stigma around havng a v6 because most people are uninformed.
      I don't think you understand what a "stigma" is

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

You know I heard a challenger with the v6 hoon by the other day and I have no idea what the exhaust setup was but it sounded better than the average v8 chally. No rumble but actually sounded sporty as it hit high RPMs, unlike the hemis which just sound lazy.

Pentastar Challys have a crappy intake manifold that dampens the nice sound.
      swapping on a gen2 mani from a ram or rango brings out a nice breathy pickup truck rumble.
      another neat hack is removing just one of the resonators, which creates two different exhaust notes that phase into each other, which sounds really cool.
      Pentastar at high rpm sounds amazing, it's smooth not buzzy like a Japanese engine and it sounds meatier than a European one.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

It sounds like a shitty v6, because it is a shitty v6

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

it really doesn't, sounds like a little hemi because that's what it is. screams like an indycar at 5000 rpm

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

You need 5000rpm to move any shit heap the rentastar goes in.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

I literally make more torque in the first 2000 rpm than an entire GT86

If the renty is so good why does it blow up if you use the recommended grade.

because the recommended grades keep lowering for fuel economy reasons. the engine is made for 5w30, up to 5w40 is recommended for heavy duty use even in cold climates, but if you look at the cap on most pstars it will spec 5w20.

it's not necessarily bad to run 5w20 but the heavy shear forces and high temps eat it alive and it loses what little viscosity it has very fast. This messes with the VVT system and it also seems to consume a lot of it. The engines are blowing up from low oil because the crappy low viscosity stuff disappears off the end of the dipstick before the oil life gauge gets to 0 and there seemingly is no "low oil" or low oil pressure warning light at all, it just cuts rpm temporarily if the pump sucks air.

The only oil my pentastar cannot chew up or burn before the next change is Rotella T6. I put 5w40 in mine and send it into the revlimiter daily. 80,000 miles and not a single issue.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>one autist is trying to make the board meta "hate v6 and pentastar no torque"
            DA is this an autist or a Tesla shill

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

there are a couple youtubers who relentlessly shit on it and its basically a meme to hate every chrysler v6 since the 2.7.

I love the pentastar in principle, but it’s just used as a bottom b***h engine all the time in boats. If Mopar had balls it would be a srt6 option for the dart or a RWD Sebring revival with a 6 speed. Or again srt6 supercharged in the 200. But no, even though its actually a technically impressive and fairly powerful v6, it’s relegated to being a fricking benchwarmer. If the aj/duratec can get a new lease on life as a Miata swap, this can be swapped into prowlers or old cloud cars or something

i find it amusing with chrysler that what would be a top tier engine for any other brand is simply the standard. also it's a popular swap in the a-body community. there are flanges to bolt it up to a T5 out of a cumarrow

Neither, both are ass. I have to fix these shitty engines on a daily basis.

people absolutely thrash the frick out of these engines of course they break idiot

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>a body swap
            Thank god that’s actually being used for cool shit. Mopar finally makes a capable 6cyl and it just gets shit on. Catera swap when?

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

The pentastar isn’t a good engine, there’s a reason it’s used in shitboxes

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>swarthoid wrenchlet cope
            The 3.6 Avenger was the most powerful car in its class on release and is based on the Eclipse platform. Its not a terrible car even if it's not very good looking.
            I'm not gonna argue that the cars that the Pstar powers aren't shit boxes cause that's very true, but as a shitbox motor it is fricking unbeatable. It's lighter and cheaper to assemble than the GM and Ford V6s which is why it's in literally everything. It has a massive powerband and dead flat torque curve, but also loves to rev out and go fast unlike the anemic V6s of old. This isn't your grandma's Buick.

Nah dude I was going minimum effort in my base focus. 300c needed the down shift to pass me needing the zf6 lightning downshift to move no where and meet me at the same stop lights. The rentastar is pathetic.

300cs never came with a ZF6
            It's either a Mercedes WA580 5-speed 2006-2011 or a ZF8 2011-2023
            In either case you observing the transmission "needing to shift down" doesn't mean anything, the driver could have been halfway on the throttle and the trans will shift down if it feels like it. More than likely that 300 didn't even know you were racing him. I sure as frick wouldn't notice a stock looking Focus even if you are the crazy anon with the duratec V6 swap.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

That’s like saying the quad four is bad or the 3800sc or the duratec v6 family. The 3.6 is powerful and can rev, aftermarket has FI options, and is fairly dependable as far as Mopar goes. Just because suits decided it must be a bottom b***h engine doesn’t mean it actually is. If the pentastar came in a rwd coupe with a stick everyone would wienerride the thing like no tommorow.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>If the pentastar came in a rwd coupe with a stick everyone would wienerride the thing like no tommorow.
            the dumb thing is that it does come with a stick in the 2door wrangler but that gearbox is too physically big and short geared to fit in anything else.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

According to another anon, apparently there’s an adapter for the t56(?) out of a camero for a body swaps. That’s a good start but I want this thing in a Miata or a prowler. Frickit, right into a k-car

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Nah dude I was going minimum effort in my base focus. 300c needed the down shift to pass me needing the zf6 lightning downshift to move no where and meet me at the same stop lights. The rentastar is pathetic.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>this is trolling in 2024

https://i.imgur.com/3BGLmXQ.jpg

The pentastar isn’t a good engine, there’s a reason it’s used in shitboxes

This anon posts this because he knows there's a clapped out v6 avenger owner on this board, me
            Yes it's a shitbox, I don't care it's some of the fastest cheapest speed you can buy at the moment.
            Mine was single-owner, well maintained, and in great shape.
            And it was fricking CHEAP. $4,500 because it has cosmetic bumper crash damage and bad clearcoat.
            I dare you to find anything that is mechanically sound that can drive this fast for $4,500.

>swarthoid wrenchlet cope
            The 3.6 Avenger was the most powerful car in its class on release and is based on the Eclipse platform. Its not a terrible car even if it's not very good looking.
            I'm not gonna argue that the cars that the Pstar powers aren't shit boxes cause that's very true, but as a shitbox motor it is fricking unbeatable. It's lighter and cheaper to assemble than the GM and Ford V6s which is why it's in literally everything. It has a massive powerband and dead flat torque curve, but also loves to rev out and go fast unlike the anemic V6s of old. This isn't your grandma's Buick.

[...]
            300cs never came with a ZF6
            It's either a Mercedes WA580 5-speed 2006-2011 or a ZF8 2011-2023
            In either case you observing the transmission "needing to shift down" doesn't mean anything, the driver could have been halfway on the throttle and the trans will shift down if it feels like it. More than likely that 300 didn't even know you were racing him. I sure as frick wouldn't notice a stock looking Focus even if you are the crazy anon with the duratec V6 swap.

That’s like saying the quad four is bad or the 3800sc or the duratec v6 family. The 3.6 is powerful and can rev, aftermarket has FI options, and is fairly dependable as far as Mopar goes. Just because suits decided it must be a bottom b***h engine doesn’t mean it actually is. If the pentastar came in a rwd coupe with a stick everyone would wienerride the thing like no tommorow.

>loves to rev out
            You can take it out to 7k safely, stock technically the motor was "designed" for 7200, but that does limit the valvespring life and conrod bearing life a bit. A hard 6800 limit with ~6550 shift points is ideal.
            ~325HP is possible with proper exhaust y-pipe and absolute max tuning.

>based on the eclipse platform
            Yes and with mercedes derived suspension parts. The rear end multi link is phenomenal. The front A-arms are indestructible, not the bushings though. The car is solidly planted, all it needs are stiffer springs the RT struts/shocks, a brake upgrade, thicker/stiffer front and rear sways, and if you can get a beefier torque-strut mount machined it'd be perfect. The torque steer is ATROCIOUS but it will be mitigated by these chassis/suspension changes.

An SE/base model V6 clocks in at ~3530 pounds not "3400" like automobile-catalog might give you (I did a lot of research to find the engine weight differences - the 2.4 is claimed to be ~210-220, the penta is around 340) so I wouldn't call it light, but it handles well and has the power to impress.

Frick me for all the dodge/chrysler memes, the car being as old as it is, and whatever else it's a blast to drive and own. Frick the haters. They probably are jealous their modern 1.5L cuckbox has a 10.5 second 0-60.

6. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Imagine being poor enough to care about fuel economy.
    Hemi any day

7. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>can't make peak torque at 2k RPM
    useless trash for chemically castrated troony zoomers

being dodge, it's repo bait trash for ghetto welfare Black folk

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>can't make peak torque at 2k RPM
      brainlet take
      by 2k rpm it's making over 90% of maximum torque and continues to make no less than that all the way to redline.

8. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

fun fact: the Pentastar combustion chamber design is based on the DOHC Nascar Hemi prototype from 1964.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

North korea tier from doge

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

they only ever made like 3 of these before the fuel crisis hit

Bzzzt wrong what about the 3800 ?!

I think he means in current use but he is also forgetting about Jaguar/LR V6 engines

9. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

How about fricking with real engines making over 450hp from the beginning. No stock block NA dodge made 1000hp stock block either. Idc about dodge in general trash brand.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

6.4 is better than torqueless and massive coyote

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

The 5.0 coyote and 6.4 Apache came out the same year you dumb frick, and the Apache has always made more power and a frickload more torque.

6.4 can only breath 950hp then blows up. Coyote makes 1000hp+ on e85. No 6.4 ever went as fast as a coyote.

No stock mustang ever ran 8s

Stock block ran 6 sec 1/4.
        You fcagays may have the nhrgay but you can't even beat the local foxbody.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Even stock bottom end 5.7s have run 9s. Coyotes are shit to drive due to no torque

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Coyotes aren't shit to drive cause of torque. In fact they're the better engine for driveability cause the ti vct lets you get good mpg while having whatever power on tap you want from forced induction. You literally don't need to touch anything other than the oil pump gears to make 1k at the crank. And its not like its a 4 cylinder, so its also making 90% of that number in torque. Hemi's are just garbage unless they're top of the line

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

>No pushrods
          >Displacementlet

>not including the tt I6 hurricane that's replaced the hemi in trucks

>tt I6
          Soulless

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Anyone can mod an engine like that you moron. Funny how the actual reliable factory hp numbers are way lower.
          >Meanwhile
          1,025hp literally stock from the factory

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

No stock mustang ever ran 8s

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

The 5.0 coyote and 6.4 Apache came out the same year you dumb frick, and the Apache has always made more power and a frickload more torque.

10. 2 months ago
    Anonymous
  11. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

300 hp is all you need including in a pickup

12. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

If the renty is so good why does it blow up if you use the recommended grade.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Of oil

13. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

V8. Don't care if it made 100hp less than the V6, I value exhaust note far more than performance.

14. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

im not buying a chrysler engine
    the only good shit they ever did was the big blocks, slant 6s and the 4.0 they stole from amc

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Lol, see you in my rear view mirror then, kid.

• 2 months ago
        Greased Geese

see you in the scrap yard

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

150k miles and going strong, moron

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>150k
            >old slants outliving the trucks they were put in now playing musical trucks with well over 200k and not even a bore job yet
            You have no idea what you are messing with. You might be faster than a stock slant but it will outlive you your family and still be on stock size pistons and bearings. This example is a 83 going into an 80 and it runs perfectly

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Considering I have run the quarter in the mid 12s, I would say I am a good bit faster than a stock slant, lol.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Well no shit you better be faster than a stock slant. The blown slants are what you need to worry about. The most powerful one I know of is making over 600hp and 700ftlbs while the average blown is usually around 550hp and 650ftlbs and all that torque is pretty much from right above idle to 5500rpm

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

you run because you fear the slant

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

you realize literally everything they did post 1990 was from those AMC engineers finally getting to play with big bucks? The Neon was an AMC design. The 3.5 LH engine was an AMC design. The LH (Intrepid) chassis is based on the Eagle Premier. The LX cars are in turn a development of that platform again by ex-AMC engineers. Both LH and LX were produced in the Brampton factory that used to belong to AMC. Even the Pentastar had some AMC oldheads working on it.

basically everything good about Chrysler after Iacocca left has something to do with AMC.

15. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

16. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Cmon, easy choice

17. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

For me, it's the Vulcan 3.0.

18. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I can't stand V6.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

V6's aren't that bad. Its just nobody builds them or spends money on them so they all come out sounding like shit and making 4 cylinder torque. They can sound nice and put down good numbers if you put effort into them while sitting farther back and lower down in the engine bay than most layouts too.

?si=FIHbBzPNgK8hOkZN

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Why waste any time and effort in a V6 at all? There’s no inherit benefit to building less than 8 cylinders.

19. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

For me
    It's the Merlin

20. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Am I banned here?

21. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

As an european (felt the need to say this before you think of me as an amerifat defending his VEE ATE) I think that HP/displacement is a bad way to measure the "efficiency" of an engine. I think the "correct" way would be a weird ratio of HP/weight of the engine/fuel consumption @ peak HP RPM

22. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

there’s only one way. the right way

23. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

okay maybe not one way. two ways but their both the right way.

24. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I love the pentastar in principle, but it’s just used as a bottom b***h engine all the time in boats. If Mopar had balls it would be a srt6 option for the dart or a RWD Sebring revival with a 6 speed. Or again srt6 supercharged in the 200. But no, even though its actually a technically impressive and fairly powerful v6, it’s relegated to being a fricking benchwarmer. If the aj/duratec can get a new lease on life as a Miata swap, this can be swapped into prowlers or old cloud cars or something

25. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Neither, both are ass. I have to fix these shitty engines on a daily basis.

26. 2 months ago
    Anonymous
  27. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Cheaper to buy a carriage and have it be pulled by 375 horses.

28. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

5.7 with replaced cam and lifter, but only if buying an AWD Charger/Magnum
    Otherwise 392

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

What about a chrysler 300 awd with 5.7, cam and lifters swapped? Because I have such a car

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>He forgot about the 300
      4 shame

29. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

This way

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

[...]

30. 2 months ago
    Supra80

>5.7L HEMI v8
    >has several companies devoted to swapping it into older Mopar vehicles
    >Mopar itself being one of them

>3.6L Pentastar v6
    >nothing.

Choice seems clear to me.

• 2 months ago
      Supra80

Might even try putting a 5.7 from wrecked 2017 Challenger T/A in a fuselage Roadrunner. Paired with 5-speed of course.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

pstar has a different bolt pattern than the hemi so the transmission selection is limited. unless you wanna spend a couple hundred on an adapter you're basically stuck with the 845rfe which needs all its electronics swapped over too. hemi can go on a tr6060 or ZF or wa580.

>this is trolling in 2024

[...]
      This anon posts this because he knows there's a clapped out v6 avenger owner on this board, me
      Yes it's a shitbox, I don't care it's some of the fastest cheapest speed you can buy at the moment.
      Mine was single-owner, well maintained, and in great shape.
      And it was fricking CHEAP. $4,500 because it has cosmetic bumper crash damage and bad clearcoat.
      I dare you to find anything that is mechanically sound that can drive this fast for $4,500.

[...]
      [...]
      >loves to rev out
      You can take it out to 7k safely, stock technically the motor was "designed" for 7200, but that does limit the valvespring life and conrod bearing life a bit. A hard 6800 limit with ~6550 shift points is ideal.
      ~325HP is possible with proper exhaust y-pipe and absolute max tuning.

>based on the eclipse platform
      Yes and with mercedes derived suspension parts. The rear end multi link is phenomenal. The front A-arms are indestructible, not the bushings though. The car is solidly planted, all it needs are stiffer springs the RT struts/shocks, a brake upgrade, thicker/stiffer front and rear sways, and if you can get a beefier torque-strut mount machined it'd be perfect. The torque steer is ATROCIOUS but it will be mitigated by these chassis/suspension changes.

An SE/base model V6 clocks in at ~3530 pounds not "3400" like automobile-catalog might give you (I did a lot of research to find the engine weight differences - the 2.4 is claimed to be ~210-220, the penta is around 340) so I wouldn't call it light, but it handles well and has the power to impress.

Frick me for all the dodge/chrysler memes, the car being as old as it is, and whatever else it's a blast to drive and own. Frick the haters. They probably are jealous their modern 1.5L cuckbox has a 10.5 second 0-60.

based knower

31. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

3.0 six cylinder with twin turbo

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *