Why?

Why?

Black Rifle Cuck Company, Conservative Humor Shirt $21.68

UFOs Are A Psyop Shirt $21.68

Black Rifle Cuck Company, Conservative Humor Shirt $21.68

1. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

To give you at least some of the decency back. Be thankful it's a physical button, not some option deep in the menus.

2. 2 months ago
    [PLEBSPOTTERS] BigC

If the ac compressor were electric I wouldn’t mind, having the AC stop working while sitting in a drive thru or at a red light is annoying though

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

GMs are programmed to inhibit auto start/stop while AC request is on. Can't speak for other brands

• 2 months ago
        [PLEBSPOTTERS] BigC

I have experience with ford pickups but not GM

3. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

This is the answer to all of your questions. And they still have to pay massive fines.

4. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

This is a "feature" that only benefits the manufacturer in leiu of actually making thier engines efficient.

5. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>Start&stop system.
    Its an emissions control system. Much more worse than mild hybrid system.

6. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Doesn’t it put way more wear on the starter? When it works 40-50 times a day instead of 1-2?

• 2 months ago
      [PLEBSPOTTERS] BigC

Starters are a consumable

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Everything's consumable you homosexual. Didn't make it good or right.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Just because they're a consumable doesn't make it acceptable. That's like replacing batts once a year because of improper charging and justifying it with "yeah but they're a consumable so technically it doesn't matter"
        Hell, why ever get a full alignment at that point? Just eyeball it in your driveway, they're a consumable after all

• 2 months ago
          [PLEBSPOTTERS] BigC

Except nothing is improper here, there’s nothing improper happening

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Let's be honest here you aren't a very good judge on what's improper...

• 2 months ago
            [PLEBSPOTTERS] BigC

Go on?
            You’re not making a real argument at all, the entirety of ford and GM seems to be in agreement with me, vs you, some random fricking moron on the internet

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

I'm just saying in general, and you've proved this numerous times

• 2 months ago
            [PLEBSPOTTERS] BigC

proved what?
            go into detail, please

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Nah, I'm good. But people know.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>Starters are a consumable
        So are politicians. Remind them of that.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>Points to the 1uz and Northstar level moronation.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Never did a northstar but Ive always liked starters under the intake - most cars its only a few bolts and some hoses and you're staring at the starter without crawling on your back or using a lift. The UR and longitudinal GR require removing the exhaust manifold and cat (!) to get to the starter.

The UZ is actually pretty easy I've had the intake off of those for other cars and its just a matter of removing the secondary air hose (if equipped) once the mani is off and boom starters staring you in the face. BMW straight 6s are under the intake and are either really easy to get at (n54/n55/b58) or a b***h (anything n/a)

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>other cars
            I meant other reasons frick

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

should probably be more worried about the wear it puts on the engine. like

Starters are a consumable

says starters are consumables.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Wonder what this does to the cam lobes and shit seeing as how the oil pump isn't working but gravity sure is when the motor is off

7. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

To save gas

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

They save like 0.3 mpgs though, at the cost of your engine

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

anything to squeeze past govt emissions regs and/or tax penalties/bonuses

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

They’re somehow not really bad for your engine, yes that seems counterintuitive but I’ve seen it firsthand. I took a ford escape with this all the way to 200k miles. My boss did blow the turbo on his Edge at 75k though.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Lots of vehicles can chug a long for a long time while being abused, doesn't change the fact that it's bad for your engine.

• 2 months ago
          Gears

>engine still cold
          >interior still cold
          >stop at traffic light
          >engine off
          >have to do second cold start
          >cabin now even colder
          >battery-level no longer supports heated windows for the next two days
          or
          >get off motorway
          >off-ramp ends in traffic lights
          >stop
          >engine turns off
          >sizzling hot turbocharger proceeds to coke its oil
          or
          >have to drive company car
          >automatic
          >trying to back into parking spot slowly
          >go too slow
          >engine is now off

those and many more like it
          plus many people are more than willing to burn 0.8kg/h of fuel rather than subjecting their car to ten times as many engine starts.

It's taken into account for the amount of start cycles the parts are designed for. Ideally at least.
          Still could last a whole lot longer if it didn't do that.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>First Scenario
            I heard that many manufacturers disable auto stop/start when the engine is cold (or in the first few minutes of driving). Not sure if that's true, but will test it out.

>Second scenario
            That's turbos for you lmao

>Third scenario
            My problem with auto stop/start and parking is that whenever I brake for a split second before reverse-parking, the car turns off and on. That annoys the shit out of me.

>It's taken into account for the amount of start cycles the parts are designed for. Ideally at least.

Yeah don't trust manufacturers. Some manufacturers boldly claim their auto trans fluid is "lifetime," yet in small disclaimers mention that "lifetime" actually means lifetime of the warranty.

• 2 months ago
            Gears

Those scenarios were just this years forgot-to-push-button best-off.
            My Focus seems to consider 60°C coolant enough to engage it which fricking sucks.
            And lifetime fluids often act as a lifetime limiter.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

I'm pretty sure it doesn't activate until the engine is warm enough. Hell my car even has a cold indicator light when it starts, don't think I've ever noticed it stopping when that shit was on.

8. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I don't understand why anyone would use this shit. Every time you stop you feel a slight jolt of adrenaline when your truck starts again. Frickin stupid and useless.

9. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

If you don't want to press the off button every time, know that you can go to the dealer and ask it to be turned off via computer access. Some will do it for free, some will ask for money, some will tell you to frick off or feign ignorance.

Second option is buying a kit at amazon where you install behind the button, and basically what it does is remember that you pressed the button every time you turn on the car.

Installation difficulty level: low (moderate if you're paranoid about scratching/damaging the interior)

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Oooooor instead of all that shit you could just not buy shitty products with "features" that are meant to let massive corporations weasel their way out of shit at your direct expense.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

yeah i'm sure the epa will really give a shit that you didn't buy a car and will deregulate the industry

10. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I go in the mountains and bring back wood which I burn in a fire pit outside. I don’t even sit there or need the heat I just like to pollute.

11. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I have a Mazda with i-Stop and all I did was cut the corner off an old credit card and jam it into the side of the button while it was depressed. Now it's permanently off and I don't have to worry about having any i-Accidents.

12. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

my 2023 mazda cx5 doesn't have this
    feels good man
    >it's a lease

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

instead you get cylinder deactivation and ack-inson cycle.

13. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

EPA israelitery. Simple as.

14. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Democrats. Simple as.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *