Why?

Cars that make you go, "Why?"

CRIME Shirt $21.68

Yakub: World's Greatest Dad Shirt $21.68

CRIME Shirt $21.68

1. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>Bitches love crossovers now, lets make a baby durango
    Honestly it looks better than most of the other shit in it's class.

2. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

The srt's are cool as frick

3. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Why did I spend $50k on some homosexual Yaris or Corolla that makes less power and weighs more?

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Because you are a weeblet ricelet stancelet

4. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

why do people love the SRT-4 neons and calibers but hate the elantra N and kona N? literally the same thing

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

The SRT name is just kino
      asiaticshit will never compare

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

These were cheap and performed amazingly for the time. The N's are expensive and perform like shit.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>cheap for the time
        >elantra N can be had for like 30k brand new when the average car purchase in the US is over 48k
        what did he mean by this

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

The Elantra N is $40k or more by the time they have their way with you. Yes the average vehicle price in America is over $48k but it's mostly trucks bringing that average up. Are people going to drop $40k on a FWD econobox or $45k on a 400hp truck?

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Considering people unironically dished out 21 grand in 2003 money for fricking dodge neons, there's always a market of idiots.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Name a faster car at the time for that amount of money.

what ungodly place do you live where dealers are charging above msrp for a hyundai?
            also, no $45k truck is going to come with a manual transmission and be track capable from the factory and include track use in their warranty (even if the asiatics will fight you tooth and nail to not honor it)

Are you really that out of touch with the current market? People are overpaying for fricking Palisades. Of course these cringey things are going to be marked up.

If you want something "track capable" you should be buying a real sports car and not a fricking FWD econobox.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>complains that in his Black personfied urban hellhole the hyundai dealerships are raping people by over 10% of msrp
            >just spend $70k +tip on a "sports car" because i dont like that there are fwd shitboxes that can go fast
            no anon you are the busrider

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Who told you sports cars are $70k? A Mustang or a Camaro is ~$40k. Cars like these are often discounted instead of marked up because they sell so many vs the 12 N's that sell a year.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

there is no market on earth where hyundai N(igger) cars are being marked up above mustangs or camaros

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Every one of these factory riced econoboxes are marked up because they know the beta cuck IT workers buying them will pay wherever the dealer says. It's the exact same with the Type R, the GR's, WRX, etc.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>Name a faster car at the time for that amount of money.
            A used Mustang or Camaro
            Face it, Neons were for weebcels who wanted to buy American, and/or watched too much fast and furious. Similar to the Elantra N buyers.
            Can you name a faster car than the Elantra N for $33,700?
            Like back then, a used Mustang or Camaro.

https://i.imgur.com/IM0U02G.png

Correct, our choices were basically Camaro or Mustang, everything else was front wheel drive gaymobile for girls. Dodge/Chrysler already being the standing joke you would never be caught dead driving, they came out with Neon. Adding even more homosexualry to their history. There was nothing ever, cute, clever, beloved or desired from these POS cars. Disposable shitmobiles.

Exactly.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

a stock mustang or camero would get smoked by an srt neon.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>Can you name a faster car than the Elantra N for $33,700?
            What part of that price isn't real do you not understand? A new manual V8 Mustang is under $40k. Not like you need the V8 to be faster as a 4cyl or a V6 will easily do the job.

2020 Ford Mustang Ecoboost HiPo, 3:04.4
            2022 Hyundai Elantra N, 3:07.3

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

what ungodly place do you live where dealers are charging above msrp for a hyundai?
            also, no $45k truck is going to come with a manual transmission and be track capable from the factory and include track use in their warranty (even if the asiatics will fight you tooth and nail to not honor it)

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

2003 Dodge Neon SRT-4 MSRP: ~$20,000, which is $34,500 in 2024 money.
        2024 Hyundai Elantra N MSRP: $33,700
        Cars are not more expensive. You're just poorer.

>I'm willing to bet that people did in fact hate on the Neons and Calibers back in the day as well
        The only ones hating them were the ones getting their shit pushed in by them at the track.

At the end of the day they're still disgusting shitboxes for ricers.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>You're just poorer.
          Thanks Obama.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>why do people love the SRT-4 neons and calibers
      I'm a zoomer, but I'm willing to bet that people did in fact hate on the Neons and Calibers back in the day as well. Most car enthusiasts probably called them ugly FWD 4 cylinder shitboxes meant for poor people.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>I'm willing to bet that people did in fact hate on the Neons and Calibers back in the day as well
        The only ones hating them were the ones getting their shit pushed in by them at the track.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Correct, our choices were basically Camaro or Mustang, everything else was front wheel drive gaymobile for girls. Dodge/Chrysler already being the standing joke you would never be caught dead driving, they came out with Neon. Adding even more homosexualry to their history. There was nothing ever, cute, clever, beloved or desired from these POS cars. Disposable shitmobiles.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Bro you drive a ford. Calm down.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

partially true. it was the end of the dark ages of Dodge and right before the charger/challenger days, so there was the extreme stigma of driving the poor-mobile if you had a dodge badge. However the SRT Neons were known as he redneck civic and had some respect as being a troll car

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>literally the same thing
      Literally go back

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>this incredibly apt comparison between a boosted fwd shitbox and its cuckover sibling made by dodge and a boosted fwd shitbox and its cuckover sibling made by asiatics is different because.. it just le is, okay!?!?

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

SRT-4 was a way to get performance for cheap. The aftermarket turned those drivetrains into total monsters too. N-line is sold as upmarket and does not provide enough performance for the cost. Korean engines do not lend well to tuning unless it's the Tau V8. Even the Lambda isn't designed to handle any more power than originally designed for.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>why do people love the SRT-4 neons and calibers
      I'm a zoomer, but I'm willing to bet that people did in fact hate on the Neons and Calibers back in the day as well. Most car enthusiasts probably called them ugly FWD 4 cylinder shitboxes meant for poor people.

Nah, the Neon was beloved but the Caliber was universally recognized as a piece of shit.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Nice dubs. The Neon srt4 was hated back then by most of the car community and still is today. The Calibur was hated more because it's somewhat ugly and weighs 300 lbs more. But they're both absolute monsters for roll racing and were like 60% the price of an evo or sti. Not really my thing, but I respect them.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>The Neon srt4 was hated back then by most of the car community and still is today
          From what I remember they were mostly hated because of the savage violence those shitboxes did to the egos of various 80s-90s muscle car owners who thought they were still fast. I remember a guy on LS1tech saying something like "I've got a cammed WS6, I shouldn't have to be afraid of a fricking neon"

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>From what I remember they were mostly hated because of the savage violence those shitboxes did to the egos of various 80s-90s muscle car owners who thought they were still fast
            I think you're right, it's just usually unsaid. When I got an STi in '07 I quickly lost to a cobalt SS and a Neon SRT-4 in rolls. I'll admit it pissed me off. I cranked up the boost really soon after that.

>Tundra Stepside
            >Acura ZDX
            >any generation of the Nissan Murano
            >Dodge's entire lineup from the oil crisis to the release of the Viper
            >Lincoln Blackwood

>Tundra Stepside
            Good lawdy, this sumb***h got hit with the ugly stick.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Stepside
            pic related, whoever approved that design spat in the face of all that is good
            >I think you're right, it's just usually unsaid.
            tbf it was just in keeping with the grand tradition of turbo Mopar shitboxes being brutal to people. Imagine lining up your brand new 1986 Z28 against some goddamn Omni, unaware that it has the Super 60 package, so it's got 100 more hp and weighs 1000lbs less

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>Imagine lining up your brand new 1986 Z28 against some goddamn Omni, unaware that it has the Super 60 package, so it's got 100 more hp and weighs 1000lbs less
            The "Super 60 package" wasn't a factory available package and wasn't even a thing in the '80s. I had some guy thinking his Omni GLS was fast then proceeded to walk him in my bolt-on and geared 5.0LX.

SRT4 cars were based though.
            >take mediocre amerijunk and put a tunable 2.4L turbo 4 in it
            >proceed to whoop on a variety of nicer, more expensive cars, because power to weight ratio
            They would have been perfect if AWD, like an american Evo. None of you talk shit about Evos but they were crappy as hell in every way but performance just like SRT4s.

>mediocre amerijunk
            So mediocre it dominated japscrap in SCCA competition....

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>The "Super 60 package" wasn't a factory available package and wasn't even a thing in the '80s
            Huh, turns out I learned something today - looks like MP released it in `91? That said, stock for stock it looks like a GLHS would still beat an IROC of the time even if the Shelby owner didn't turn up the boost. I think the Mustangs of the day were indeed faster than both though

Even if a muscle car is slower you'd rather own the muscle car than the neon kek.
            I saw on a g35 infiniti forum people were talking shit about the cobalt SS -- they were right, at the end of the day you take the g35 over the cobalt even if the cobalt is faster.

Depends on the guy. When I was a kid my neighbor's fun car was a 80s Voyager minivan like this one, but with shittier paint. He put on a big turbo and gutted the interior and it ran low 8s in the 1/8 mile, and his sadistic joy was driving around at night and humiliating unsuspecting people in "fast" cars while being completely invisible to the cops. Shitbox sleepers are hilarious troll cars
            The G35 owner may indeed cope that he's got a way nicer ride than some Cobalt, but he still has to explain to his girlfriend how he just tried to go Dominic Toretto on a GM economy car but they're looking at its tail lights

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>60: 6.5s
            >100: 17.7s
            Wut

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

It was a box and had only 175hp.

• 3 weeks ago
            Panda5

https://i.imgur.com/QC1H7zI.jpeg

It was a box and had only 175hp.

They probably had to gear it short to get it to accelerate that fast.
            I knew a guy irl obsessed with omnis, he had 2 and one was either a shelby or had a swap. Chill dude, interesting cars.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

the stepside and the mark ii blit make me wonder just exactly what the designers were smoking

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

That almost looks like a Cadillac.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Verossa, Progrès, Origin

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Even if a muscle car is slower you'd rather own the muscle car than the neon kek.
            I saw on a g35 infiniti forum people were talking shit about the cobalt SS -- they were right, at the end of the day you take the g35 over the cobalt even if the cobalt is faster.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

i thought they were hated by asshurt weebs because they saw it as america attempting to do something that Japan was mostly known for. showing up to a JDM meet in a Neon would raise a lot of eye brows, and most would tell you that you don't belong with them. when you blew their fricking doors off, it made them hate your car even more. bonus points if it had My Little Pony stickers on it instead of anime stickers.

american super cars also garner a lot of seething from europeans because its something europeans are known for.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

that too, especially back when Civic owners thought The Holy VTEC somehow made their 130 hp economy car fast

https://i.imgur.com/ylUrEPi.jpeg

I still can't believe people are dailying these things 2024. like why?

why wouldn't you? they're indestructible and have a ton of interior room

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

SRT's were DIRT cheap. like extremely cheap even for the time. the N cars are about the same price as R cars were so they are no 'cheap', and as they are FWD the expense is not justifiable to most people.
      >b-but muh performance!
      not fast in a straight line, and no one buying a FWD car is going to a race track. so all you are left with is the very small Honda dropouts or people who decided to check them out one day and got a good deal from a dealership wanting to offload stock. Unfortunately the N cars are doomed to begin with as they are a Hyundai/kia product and until Hyundai/Kia stops their subprime lending it will never comfortably sell sub-V8 sports cars

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Since when is $20k in 2003 dirt cheap

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

20k with subprime lending is more than enough for cletus to get the redneck piss missle. when you get subprime for a 30k-40k car is when cletus can't get in, and devontraus wont even look at because no V8.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

I promise if you spent 20k in 03 on a fricking neon you were promptly called an immense homosexual

5. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Would. SRT Caliber is pure sex.

6. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Less yapping more car posting

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous
      • 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>when your decade sucks so much you have to start pretending it's the 30s

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

ok i am moronic and know nothing about cars
      but this looks beautiful to me

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

basically dodge rebadged the mitsubishi galant lambda coupe into the 2nd gen dodge challenger. it's not actually a bad car but it's a real sign of the times: classic american muscle car nameplate unceremoniously slapped on an imported 4-cylinder shitbox in a desperate attempt to get literally anyone to buy a chrysler product

kind of like what's happening right now

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

oh, ok
          ty for the explanation

7. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>Tundra Stepside
    >Acura ZDX
    >any generation of the Nissan Murano
    >Dodge's entire lineup from the oil crisis to the release of the Viper
    >Lincoln Blackwood

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

What's so strange about the Murano? It's just another crossover.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

He probably meant the Murano CrossCabriolet.

8. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

This POS.

When I first saw one on the road, my outlook for the future of cars was grim.
    The general reaction to the cybertruck & fk8 civic restored my faith though.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

berore i got into cars I thought chr looked pretty spiff

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

No mommy! Don't lock me in the backseat of the CH-R!

9. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>35k to spend on a car
    >you walk into a random hyundai dealership
    >see this thing
    >”yes, that’s the one!”
    Please tell me people only lease these things. They physically make me sick

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>Please tell me people only lease these things.
      Financed. Hyundai and Kia sell well to people who don't give a shit about cars, but want competent smartphone integration, and Korean automakers do that really well. There's a lot of crosstalk between Korean multinationals so they're capable of integrating new technological revisions rapidly and at lower costs.

They're smartphone accessories on wheels. They make sense when viewed from that perspective. They don't make too much sense as personal transport other than the value proposition, which is also a strong motivator for people that don't care about cars.

10. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Refrigerated glovebox 4 road sodas t.alchy friend bought one

11. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I can't believe they fricked up so bad after one of the GOATs of FWD sport compacts.

12. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Had both this and a Neon SRT-4, it sucks compared to the Neon but is still lots of fun. Trying to substitute the NSRT-4 LSD with an open diff and 00s brake based traction control ruined it.

13. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

The Fiat Multipla, particularly its shroom-nightmare induced dashboard

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

what were they even thinking

14. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

SRT4 cars were based though.
    >take mediocre amerijunk and put a tunable 2.4L turbo 4 in it
    >proceed to whoop on a variety of nicer, more expensive cars, because power to weight ratio
    They would have been perfect if AWD, like an american Evo. None of you talk shit about Evos but they were crappy as hell in every way but performance just like SRT4s.

15. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

2010 Chrysler PT Cruiser2010 Chrysler PT Cruiser2010 Chrysler PT Cruiser2010 Chrysler PT Cruiser

16. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

an sport/performance SUV
    especially expensive ones where you could just get a normal sports car and a normal SUV

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>SUVs have become so detached from their origins that they now have "sports SUVs"
      grim

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

I passed an SUV I had never seen before in the wild this week. Checked it and it... it's a Lamborghini? Blew my mind, wtf is this shit?

17. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I still can't believe people are dailying these things 2024. like why?

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

I know some older folks that have one. They keep driving it because it keeps running. Kind of like my Chrysler product (older caravan). It keeps running and doesn't cost much to keep it going, so why not?

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *