Why are automatic drivers so defensive?

I recently met a guy with an automatic Golf GTI. I asked him if he thought the dual-clutch lived up to the hype and without answering he immediately started talking about

>Gosh, I WOULD drive a manual, but it's so impossible to learn, also muh traffic, it just is completely impossible!
>But don't get me wrong, I WOULD drive a manual if it wasn't literally impossible
>I mean, NOBODY can drive a manual in the city, or anywhere, it's so hard. It just can't be done. But if it could, I would.

I just told him I never had any issues with my manual in the city and he got noticeably sour after that. I didn't even say it in a rude way, I just said it because I thought he'd feel better if he knew it was possible. I even offered to teach him how to drive one. Why are they like this?

The Kind of Tired That Sleep Won’t Fix Shirt $21.68

UFOs Are A Psyop Shirt $21.68

The Kind of Tired That Sleep Won’t Fix Shirt $21.68

1. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

what a gay story.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Honestly I wonder about that guy. He's the type to be like "NO I'M NOT GAY I'M INCREDIBLY HOMOPHOBIC" then secretly be in love with a guy.

I mean, no judgement if he is gay- I just think the way he tries to deny it by being extremely homophobic isn't great.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

Automatics are a form of cuckoldry. Like the cuck who lets another man frick his wife, you let a machine drive your car for you. Might as well hire Tyrone to drive your car while you fap under a blanket in the rear seat. Cuck.

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

Both of my cars are manual, but that's a moronic analogy, and if you take it to the logical conclusion, you should ride a bicycle cause then its your thrusting that puts power into the manny troony instead of being cucked to an engine.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

A bycicle reacts just like a lifeless body would, it's incel tier. The flashlight of vehicles.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

He sounds cute. Drop his number here if you would

2. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Skip to the part where you kissed.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

I don't swing that way, but you're welcome to him

3. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Sounds like that specific individual is a gay. I drive automatics sometimes just because they were better and cheaper than the manual alternatives

4. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

And that driver was Anne Frank

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

She was blind and deaf mute. How would she drive a car or have a conversation?

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

Isn't that Helen Keller?

>Why are automatic drivers so defensive?
        maybe because people who drive manual never shut the frick up about it and need to constanly put people down who cant drive stick?

I drive manual by the way and also jab people, but only if it's an auto that had an available manual.

But I didn't. He, not me, brought up manuals and I just said "I don't have any problems with mine".

Why do manual drivers act like driving a manual is their defining character trait

But I don't. He, not me, brought them up. It's just a gearbox, why spend time worrying about it?

I'm just confused why he got so mad at me about it.

5. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

My cousin worked with a dumbass that would shift his automatic into neutral when at stoplights to look like he was rolling back with clutch in with a manual. OP, sounds like you met an idiot.

6. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Idk manuals are cool I just drive a big (fast) luxury sedan and i think my auto transmission is comfy

pic rel

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>tell work I’ll leave if they don’t order me a manual ute when the rest of the company is getting autos
      >get a manual
      >some people get fricking weirded out when they see it
      >the idea that I specifically requested, let along demanded that I get a manual when autos were available is incomprehensible
      >they mumbo the same jumbo about traffic and stuff
      >just tell them I have adhd and need a manual for medical reasons

The main thing I despise about the traffic argument, is getting an auto for traffic is buying into traffic. Traffic doesn’t need to be horrendous, its made so through ignorance. Wilfully becoming more ignorant only makes it worse

I used to have an isf, that car ripped but man did the floppy paddles get old. That car needed a kick in the clutch so bad and it will never get it

>traffic
      Doesn't the dsg self-destruct in traffic?

You should be bullying anyone willing to fork over cash for a car that never offered a manual. Manual elitist jerks forever and ever.

I thought mej and DA would have a bigger crossover tbh

Definitely never got the issue with manuals in traffic and I commute in "stop and go" traffic on the garden state parkway. Its only an issue if you're a brain rotted moron who rides the guys ass in front of you, I typically just leave my shit in 2nd and average 20 mph while everyone else accelerates and decelerates, as a bonus traffic behind me flows significantly smoother.

This is what I mean about not buying into traffic. If you actually pay attention and don’t drive like traffic, it magically disappears. Only for the zombie behind you to brake for no reason and start it back up again

7. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>Why are automatic drivers so defensive?
    maybe because people who drive manual never shut the frick up about it and need to constanly put people down who cant drive stick?

I drive manual by the way and also jab people, but only if it's an auto that had an available manual.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>traffic
      Doesn't the dsg self-destruct in traffic?

You should be bullying anyone willing to fork over cash for a car that never offered a manual. Manual elitist jerks forever and ever.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

I don't know. Maybe. It's basically 2 automated-manuals in 1, right? I guess its clutch would wear out just as fast as a manual's.

8. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Why do manual drivers act like driving a manual is their defining character trait

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Because Autogays insist on arguing and then when they get their ass handed to them, they have to cope and say this when it isn't true

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

>Because Autogays insist on arguing
        Do they though?

9. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Autogays are definitely delusional, they're the ones who always have something salty to say whenever anybody mentions a manual transmission and come up with weird strawmen and imaginary scenarios that make driving a manual seem like it's having a heavy leg day every day and that the strain of barely moving your left foot and right hand is impossible to deal with

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>driving a manual seem like it's having a heavy leg day every day and that the strain of barely moving your left foot and right hand is impossible to deal with

I had an old pickup that actually was that much of a b***h to drive. The tiresome part was the 8 MPG, stuck on maximum heat and steering slop, just a heavy clutch would have been fine. That being said ive never had a problem with a shitbox gearbox that wasnt a really cheap old ford truck/van.

10. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Definitely never got the issue with manuals in traffic and I commute in "stop and go" traffic on the garden state parkway. Its only an issue if you're a brain rotted moron who rides the guys ass in front of you, I typically just leave my shit in 2nd and average 20 mph while everyone else accelerates and decelerates, as a bonus traffic behind me flows significantly smoother.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

a fellow traffic crawler/coaster
      like nailing a double clutch, getting through the choke point in your commute without ever having touched the brake pedal is satisfying as frick

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Nailing the average speed of stop start traffic is euphoric.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

it's kinda annoying when you're driving a car with a crappy clutch that's got 500+hp to the rear wheels but yeah 2nd gear is a thing

11. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

I don't neccesarily get defensive, but I will defend to the death the privilege of being comfortable while driving, and having an automatic with an overdrive switch placed conveniently on the end of my column shifter. I happen to have the greatest highway croozer ever made, so I don't want to do much more than steer.

I've had manual XJs and pickups, and I'm over it.

12. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

What kind of sad individual makes up a lame ass story like this to feel superior for driving a car with a manual transmission? And on the off chance this is real, why do you need to run to DA to make yourself feel superior to this stranger?

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Who said superior? Why are you having a temper tantrum about this? I just want to know if I accidentally did something or else why he got so mad

This didn't happen, and this being posted sums up why North American manual drivers are insufferable.

But it did.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

>Who said superior?
        You'll have to excuse me, I'm not stupid.
        >Gosh, I WOULD drive a manual, but it's so impossible to learn, also muh traffic, it just is completely impossible!
        >I just told him I never had any issues with my manual
        >he got noticeably sour
        >I even offered to teach him how to drive one
        >Why are they like this
        This is like one of those terrible leftist memes where the lefty is calmly and rationally making some argument while the other guy is blowing his top. We get it, you're better than the other guy. You really got him there, good going. It'll probably be the last time he makes small talk on a Grindr date.

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

Can you please stop having this temper tantrum? You are the only one trying to have an inferiority complex. If you're just here to whine, please leave.

13. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

This didn't happen, and this being posted sums up why North American manual drivers are insufferable.

14. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

u can tell this site is full of americans . Only mutts will try defend gearbox for disabled

15. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

This isn't an automatic driver. This is a Golf driver.

No one who drives a cool car that happens to be an automatic cares about their transmission type.

16. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

frick automatics

17. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Why are manual drivers so incredibly sensitive

18. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

why are manualcucks so sensitive? is the fact that you can push in a pedal and move a stick back and forth the only thing that defines your "masculinity"? or do you wear it as a mask to hide something you don't want others discovering?

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

manualgods don't care

19. 1 month ago
    Anonymous
    • 1 month ago
      Greased Geese

if the car you own is from the era where automatics caught up then I don't want to hear whatever gay shit you have to say

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Why does this simple truth hurt manual drivers so much? Even drag racers prefer auto and semi-auto.

• 1 month ago
        Greased Geese

there's alot of math to getting a torque converter to act right on the strip and it's all gay and boring and the car would be alot fricking cooler if you'd take your powerglide and roll it off a cliff.

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

>there's alot of math to getting a torque converter to act right on the strip
          just for it to get smoked by an inferior engine with a DCT lmao. drag high-stalls have dogshit efficiency
          >the car would be alot fricking cooler if you'd take your powerglide and roll it off a cliff.
          dare i say based tripgay?

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>just for it to get smoked by an inferior engine with a DCT
            and other lies people who don't know anything about drag racing tell themselves

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

eat shit and die boomer. the math doesnt lie

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>math
            ok
            how about actual strip times tho

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

i like how in the diagram the pic just represents the brake bands, clutch packs and gearsets with a box because it'd be too difficult otherwise

20. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

If it's automatic, it's trash spec and a rental

21. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Depends on the car. I would never have my amg in a manual, but with a nissan z, yes. Generally, if it's a fast car and not a gt or cruiser, then I'm more likely to take it with a manual. The transmission is not a dealbraker in and of itself, but it can be.

22. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

yes op i drive a manual for the internet clout mostly

23. 1 month ago
    Anonymous
    • 1 month ago
      Anonymous

you can tell this was made by an insecure automatic driver

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

>insecure
        yeah it sure hit you hard

24. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

I get BORED in automatics, simple as that. The only feedback or fun in an automata is pressing on the gas pedal which gets you speeding tickets

25. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>I mean, NOBODY can drive a manual in the city, or anywhere, it's so hard.

moron doesn't know what neutral is for

26. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>I mean, NOBODY can drive a manual in the city, or anywhere, it's so hard. It just can't be done. But if it could, I would
    This excuse is always such bullshit. I live in Houston. I deal with bumper to bumper often. Unless you're a moron who has an aftermarket six puck clutch or something stupid, driving in stop and go traffic is a non issue. Honestly a good time to practice nailing the timing between clutch and accelerator to reduce any slipping at all from a stop...

27. 1 month ago
    Anonymous
  28. 1 month ago
    Anonymous
    • 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Worst I when it's a nonsyncro first but all other gears are synchronised. I sometimes forget first isn't syncro and get the "gggrrrr". It hurts my soul...

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

I always double clutch going into 1 or R.

29. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

I've seen zoomers get a $500 clapped out manual civic, drive it for 3 months, then get a $500 H-pattern tattoo on their forearm.
    I have seen this exact scenario 3 times.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>H-pattern tattoo
      But their wing logo looks so much better.
      Yes I know you meant the shift pattern and not the honda logo I'm being funny.

30. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>I just told him I never had any issues with my manual in the city and he got noticeably sour after that. I didn't even say it in a rude way, I just said it because I thought he'd feel better if he knew it was possible. I even offered to teach him how to drive one. Why are they like this?

Because he doesnt have the skill to do what 16y olds learn in the rest of the world.

31. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

The DSG is fast af and sounds great and you can make as much power as you want without needing to spend $3000 on a clutch instantly

32. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>well i woulda bought the manual but they just werent in stock!
    >they had the auto on the lot ready to go!
    >the manual was more expensive so i managed to get a great deal on this auto
    >i just dont feel like changing gears on the drive to work every day
    >my son didnt want to learn manual so i bought the auto so he can drive it
    all the same tired bullshit excuses for autogayic drivers

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *