Why are Boomers gate keeping Classic Cars and what will happen to those cars once all Boomers Croak?

Why are Boomers gate keeping Classic Cars and what will happen to those cars once all Boomers Croak?

A Conspiracy Theorist Is Talking Shirt $21.68

Unattended Children Pitbull Club Shirt $21.68

A Conspiracy Theorist Is Talking Shirt $21.68

1. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

wow old cars that don't get produced anymore are expensive!?
    should they sell them for pennies instead of real cash?
    tard

2. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

A first gen Mustang will never be cheap again. Pay up or move on.

3. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

The fastbacks will always be gate kept. I'm seeing gen x'ers and millenials pull the same shit boomers do with these.

4. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>restored

Do you know how much labor and parts costs goes into a restoration? This is cheap considering how much work was put into it.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>Do you know how much labor and parts costs goes into a restoration? This is cheap considering how much work was put into it.
      Unless you have a mega rare Mopar/Chevy Ford or anything luxury from the early 1940s and earlier, you never get back what you put in to a car restoration.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Why is that the buyer's problem? He's not the one who let the car rust to shit

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

The buyer has two options:
        >1.) Buy a rusted out piece of shit for $10k and spend $50k restoring it
        >2.) Buy a restored/well-maintained car that has already had $50k put into it for $42k
        How much do you think repairs cost over 50 years for a sports car? You either drive it regularly and replace parts regularly, or let it sit (and rot) and replace everything. There is no magical supply of barnyars antique cars that run perfectly like they just came off the assembly line. Rubber rots, metal corrodes, and paint fades.

5. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I'm expecting a price drop. I'm getting older but had my toes in Classic Cars/Mustang for 9 years. I feel I know all about Classic Mustang at this point. Sold my 68 and regret it.
    Younger crowd isn't interested in buying or working on classic cars. They usually don't have the skill set or understand older systems, and don't care. It's basic laws of supply and demand. The demand for these older cars was due to Boomers driving them when they we're young, or always wanted one. Kids today do not have the nostalgia bug. If they do it's a 2000 Supra not a 69 Chevelle. Honestly, other than looks, the old classics basically suck ass and most modern shit boxes are better cars and don't leak water. As the Boomers die off these cars will appear more and more. I expect the stupid pricing to drop as well as these are NOT 80-100k cars, frick you! Next generation isn't going to spend that on a car that sucks gas and hydroplanes with sucky a/c being drug by a slightly modded Civic.

6. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>what will happen to those cars once all Boomers Croak?
    asian tech bros will buy em up to offset their teslas, and the price will only continue to skyrocket

7. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Everything in your life must make you money or you are a waste of space piece of shit anon. Get flipping or go frick off a cliff you useless frick

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>akshually boomers owe me a free car

8. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>celebrity owned

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous
  9. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

They will will them to their children who will likely sell them for a more reasonable price. Or write then into a living trust if they're not stupid, then the kid gets taxed for the transfer of property.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>Implying I'm going to pay any taxes on a revocable trust transfer
      shiggy diggy

10. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Because instead of investing in anything with a decent ROI like index funds, stocks, real estate, etc; they bought a classic car that they barely drive and spend countless hours and money repairing it just so they can try and pawn it off on another boomer and maybe break even if they’re lucky. Boomers only sell these things when they’re staring death in the face so that they can feel like they accomplished something in their wasted life.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

You ever think someone bought the car to enjoy it for a little or is your life just that miserable that you can't

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

classic car boomers aren't in need of "ROI". they got plenty of money which is why they can demand ridiculous prices - they can afford not selling their garage queens, unfortunately obviously.

11. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

They will end up in the hands of wholesalers like Manheim and the like and then they'll hit all the wholesale auctions and exchange hands between dealers until they hit the bottom of their pricing which means it'll be another 2 years after the boomers die before u even see them hit the market

12. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

What gets me are 90's broncos in meh condition going for 25k, wtf man

13. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Their kids will try to sell them for even more money. Or try to drive them and crash because the cars dont come with hand holding gadgets

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>Their kids will try to sell them for even more money
      or however much the OLD BALL AND CHAIN HAR HAR HAR was told it was bought for

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *