Shopping Cart Returner Shirt $21.68

1. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

BECAUSE THEY ARE GETTING MORE EFFICIENT
    WE DON'T NEED A 6.8L V10 TO MAKE 305HP ANYMORE

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>WE DON'T NEED A 6.8L V10 TO MAKE 305HP ANYMORE
      You're right. We need a 5.5L V8 to make 670hp. Keep coping displacementlet.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

>needing 5.5L to make 670hp when a 2000 honda civic with a few simple mods can make over 700
        I seriously hope you guys don't do this

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

The reason why people say "no replacement for displacement" isn't because you can't get more HP if you mod a smaller engine.

It's because if you perform those same mods on the bigger engine, you'll get even more HP than you would with the smaller engine.

This is a very concept that I'm sure you already know and you just like stirring the pot on here for fun, but take your (You) anyway.

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

>a few simple mods
          $10,000 sleeved block, another $10,000 of engine internals, another $5,000 of dyno time and a turbo worth more than the unmodified car

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

just openly admitting you want a pre built pc instead of wrenching like a man. sad tbqhwufamily idk why u admitted this proudly. also didnt a m5 shred a fully loaded camaro with shockingly less displacement? when you tards say displacement you aren’t truly taking efficiency into account, of which it is a major contribution to the death of coyote engine fartboxes in any car except a memecat. most car owners want a car that goes slow to quick fast. those frickhueg engines just make your car unnecessarily heavy and then reduces driving dynamic etc.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>throws rod in boyracer moron

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

>posts ancient bait pasta
          >nobody calls it, and in fact gets bites
          This place has gone to shit. I honestly think DA might be one of the younger blue boards due to the fact auto enthusiasts generally grow up have to put aside their passion for the mundane.
          Feels bad man.

But captcha: NA2J...

2. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Democrats. Simple as.

3. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

They need to get the overstressed engine to break down often. More services = more profits for the stealerships.

picrelated: new toyota cars' engine. more plastic shits, more wires, more duct tapes, etc... :^)

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

This is literally it and I don't give a damn about what anyone says otherwise.
      A damn truck shouldn't have a 2L simple.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

That sausage skin wiring harness stuff is SO UGLY.
      Use a thinner nylon wrap you shifty japs

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>dat pic
      plastic cover??? oh nononononononono

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>that pic
        based

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Wtf?

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

That specific picture is of a display piece with clear plastic parts to show the inner workings, it's not meant to be a running engine.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Wtf?

https://i.imgur.com/AuQob0E.jpg

>that pic
        based

Even the oil pan is made out of plastic.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>All that plastic
      >Lease bait engine
      At least the plastic is glorious Nippon plastic, folded over 1000 times

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Yup.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Yep, just imagine how all these cars are going to be as they age and all the plastic shit gets brittle. What was once changing a few belts, hoses and maybe a coolant tank is now going to be replacing half the damn motor presuming these nu-cars make it that far.
      Don't forget about things like direct injection for the purpose of "efficiency" when it in fact makes engines more unreliable and far more high maintenance, and the prevalence of lighter and lighter oils such as Toyota's 0w8 and 0w16.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>the prevalence of lighter and lighter oils such as Toyota's 0w8 and 0w16.
        Oh nonono... Those weebcels would fall for the Toyota's reliability meme. They would be pissed af in the next few years. lmao

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/GYSyBZU.jpg

Yep, just imagine how all these cars are going to be as they age and all the plastic shit gets brittle. What was once changing a few belts, hoses and maybe a coolant tank is now going to be replacing half the damn motor presuming these nu-cars make it that far.
      Don't forget about things like direct injection for the purpose of "efficiency" when it in fact makes engines more unreliable and far more high maintenance, and the prevalence of lighter and lighter oils such as Toyota's 0w8 and 0w16.

These anons tell the truth.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/GYSyBZU.jpg

man, what a far cry

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

yeah, the days of being able to do a little tucking and shaving for an impossibly clean bay are over

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

LOOK AT WHAT ICEgayS NEED TO MIMIC A FRACTION OF OUR POWER HAHAHAHAHA

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

Where's the battery?

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

do you see a battery moron? thats clearly a motor

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

u r dum

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

most transmissions are lighter and smaller, so clearly you lose here, friend.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

SAY GOOD BYE TO "NIP RELIABILITY." WHICH IS ALWAYS MEME!

4. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Jews, literally israelites, the original fuel crisis were centered around israelites getting into it with arabs, and things have only gotten worse.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

this
      >why is X worse in every way than it used to be?
      literally israelites is the answer for 99% of the instances of this question.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

this
      >why is X worse in every way than it used to be?
      literally israelites is the answer for 99% of the instances of this question.

>t. Manchildren who can't take responsibility of their life choices

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>my life choice have lead to the current state of the automotive industry.
        kek I didn't know I had that much influence.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Shit man, can you tell the boys over in styling to make things *more* egg shaped? I love you frickin with people here

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

More eggs, more screens, and smaller engines coming up. :^)

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Hell yeah brother. And have em put a legacy badge on another electric CUV for me. They're gonna love it

5. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Today's smaller engines last longer than 80s/90s big engines.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Irrelevant and also not true

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

How long has your engine lasted?

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

There was a time when they did because the engines were NA made way over a horsepower per cubic inch that America just couldn't do with a shitty carbed V8, but nowadays a Honda 1.5T will blow out the head gasket, start misfiring intermittent, and need over 5 grand in repairs, it seems nobody can make a turbocharged engine reliable, it's not in its nature, it's likencylinder deactivation, nobody can get it right and it only causes problems because you're trying to squeeze impossible amounts of economy out of an engine.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Gee I wonder how all those turbo diesel tractor trailers get 3 million miles then

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

this:

Irrelevant and also not true

6. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

ITS MOTHER FRICKING SHAKE TIME GOD DAMMIT

7. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

your dick inspired them

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>thinks about OPs peener weiner
      Hmmmm.... How curious... Quite a revealing post I must say.

8. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Might as well have iron blocks back if they are getting so small.

9. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>downsize from 5.75ltr turbo v8 to 4ltr turbo i6
    >i6 is superior in every way
    doesnt seem like a downgrade

10. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Anons, imagine your local junkyards 20 years from now. Now is the time to snag a few extra powerplants for your vehicle and hoard parts.

11. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Emissions standards and and people wanting cars with double-digit MPG figures.

12. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

iTS MOSTLY BECAUSE OF YOU SISSY MILLENNIALS.......GOTTA SAVE THE TREES RIHGT....nO MORE REAL ENGINES LIKE THE 454...460....426 427 428.......aMERICA REALLY IS DEAD.

..........jUST SMELL YOUR UPPER LIP

-rICK
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Rick "The Boss" LeMonpartee
    POW MIA---LOST BUT NOT FORGOTTON
    US ARMY 1981-1981 (92S)
    Police Academy Tryouts 1983, 1989, 1990
    Loss Prevention Officer at TJ Maxx 1993-2006
    Parts Runner at Haywood Jablome Chrysler/Jeep/Dodge 2007-2007 (DISCRIMINATES AGAINST VETERANS)
    Clerk at Bob Evans 2007-2015
    Go-To Guy at Advance Auto Parts 2015-Present

In this house we VOTE RED, praise GOD, buy AMERICAN, and NEVER WIPE.

"You can't fix stupid."
    "That's not a touchscreen, son."
    "I carry a .45 because they don't make a .46"

The GARAGE:
    '01 LeBaron (MATCHING NUBMERS)
    '06 Grand Marquis GS
    '15 Honda Santa Fe (nasty old HAG's grocery getter)
    '16 Civic (piece of shit stepson's JAP CRAP)

WIFE: What are you doing with the bolt cutters under my car?
    ME: Oh I'm just fixing your brakes! 😎 😎 :haha:

"FJB -- TRUMP 2024"
    "GOD BLESS AMERICA"
    "SUPPORT DETROIT -- BUY AMERICAN"
    "GIT R DONE"

[Image hosted by Photobucket]

Sent from my iPad via Tapatalk.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous
    • 1 month ago
      Anonymous

god tier post for so many reasons but the real kino part is the MOS choice LMFAOOO. knew one (1) dude who had that job in my time (and he happened to be my forced assigned basic training battle buddy) and he was also a cadet prison guard before joining, wrote MLP erotica with images and often asked for critiques of it. During firewatch the dude once dead ass looked at me and said ‘Hey… do you see the shadow people there?” and pointed outside our barracks and def was one bad day away from airing out the platoon on qual day

anyways thanks for reading im voting for a real american patriot like vivek ramaswamy

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

>During firewatch the dude once dead ass looked at me and said ‘Hey… do you see the shadow people there?” and pointed outside our barracks and def was one bad day away from airing out the platoon on qual day
        how long was he awake for

13. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Downsizing became pretty popular because in theory it let you have the power of a big engine with the fuel economy/emissions of a small one, which is very welcome considering everyone is always passing more and more restrictive emissions laws. In practice that's not true at all, but that doesn't matter as long as you pass the emissions test

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

At the expense of reliability. :^)

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

Before the 90s, hitting 100k miles was a miracle

Now, it's standard

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

That was due to poor oil quality. People not chaining their oil on time. People also not changing timing chains like ever so when the chains broke and they ruined the engine instead of fixing it they just got a new car. Every engine I've looked under the valve covers from the 90s on back had tons of carbon from shitty oil and all the chains had tons of slack.
          Now we have good quality oil and electronic nannies for service intervals.
          Nylon timing gears killed tons of engines.
          Now we are going backwards with wet oil pump belts and timing chains on the backs of engines that are expensive to replace so they just won't be replaced

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

My inlaws utterly thrashed their Camry, changing their oil at twice the recommended mileage and it still hit 110k
            My grandfather babies his falcon and it struggled to 70k

14. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

I want to see 1.0L nuclear time bombs with 1000 streetable horsepower and matching torque numbers. I want the exploitation to be so horrifying that it makes 9/11 look like a joke.

15. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Obama
    Seriously, it's the Obama era regulations for new cars to b more efficient. That's why you have a 10 speed automatic aluminum body f150 getting 25 mpg.

16. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Because you let the you-know-who take over. You only had to listen, now you get a 4 cylinder turbo hybrid AMG instead of a sonorous 6L V8 because you didn't. Meanwhile the elite still get their private jets and 12 cylinder $500,000 land ships.

17. 1 month ago
    ROFLsnackz

>New Blazer comes out
    "OH FRICK YES"
    >It's a 3 cylinder turbo
    "What in tarnation?! Where's muh VORTEC?!"
    "This ain't no Blazer, this a Stranger!"

18. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

because vast majority of people treat cars like appliances, as they should. they're not enthusiasts who want a big V8 and a manual transmission, they just want something that can get them to work and back and doesn't cost a ton to run.
    a 4 cylinder is fine for that. you're forgetting that gas is basically going to get more expensive forever from now on. most people realize that and prioritize efficiency.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>because vast majority of people treat cars like appliances
      Yeah, but those people take the goyslop they're given. They don't know that the new 1.8l four banger that they have isn't as good as the also very efficient 2.4l four banger from the last generation. Just an example. even the small engines are getting smaller and worse.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *