Why are cars so expensive nowadays?

Companies are currently being forced through government regulation to create cars no one wants, and offset the development costs for those vehicles by raising prices of the vehicles that people do want. At the same time they're having to artificially limit supply and production of the vehicles people want to avoid paying ludicrous fines for exceeding the limits set in those government regulations, jacking up the prices even further.

If you think things are bad now, just wait.

Die For Epstein's Client List Shirt $21.68

CRIME Shirt $21.68

Die For Epstein's Client List Shirt $21.68

1. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

muh green conspiracy

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Fining every car that isnt a gay little hybrid is real and gay

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>muh green conspiracy

there is literal policy highlighting this, moron

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>conspiracy
      >facts

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

put an electric motor in it and make it lame and gay

2. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Why do cars have to be cheap anyway? Automaker margins on the cheaper models are barely worth it anyway. People can take public transportation if they need.

3. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Actually they're not.
    Adjusted for inflation they're roughly still the same price.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Wages and production costs are lower so they cost more than they should

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Inflation is basically a spook at this point. Shit like lumber is back to pre-COVID prices. Companies are just using it as an excuse to raise prices.

4. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Because there's a reverse incentive for manufacturers to make cheap cars for sale in the United States
    The emissions standards are based on the footprint of the car, so small, cheap cars are basically impossible to make in a way that they can me emissions standards
    Big trucks and SUVs have lower emissions standards so auto makers focus on big, expensive vehicles that they can engineer engines for that don't need to meet the same emissions requirements

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Look at the chart in OP. That is clearly bullshit. Yes, the requirements for bigger vehicles are less, but not by that much, only 10 mpg. Weight is going to be more of a disadvantage if you are trying to meet the standards. It's easier to make a light car with great MPG than it is to make a heavy car with good MPG. The reason manufacturers make so many big vehicles is because that's what sells.

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

You over-simplifying things
        And 10mpg is huge
        Truth is no one with decent knowledge of vehicles wants a high-compression turbo direct-injection engine that makes out the MPGs on paper but in real life is an unreliable, expensive piece of trash
        A good NA engine that runs at lower pressure is going to be cheaper to run and last longer
        That's what people want
        If you could bring back the Toyota Tercel it would dominate the market, but you can't, because it's not legal to make

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

this
          also, frick direct injection too. it causes carbon buildup, unlike port injection. but guess what, thanks to emission homosexualry, there's hardly any port injection engines available to buy.

5. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

you dumbfricks just can't process the fact that there's been higher than 2% inflation for a couple of years. Cars aren't actually more expensive. The numbers are just higher.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Hello, dipshit.
      Pic rel cost $14,000 in 1963, approximately $140,000 today. How much is a 2024 V12 Ferrari?

6. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>1900lbs
    >manual
    >75+mpg
    >came out before the Prius
    What's the issue again?

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Where's the ipad

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

it won't pass today's safety regs
      Maybe you could get away with driving one with a motorcycle helmet.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>rip out ice and hybrid system
      >install boosted 3 cylinder diesel
      >gets 70+mpg

Modern cars are overpriced and moronic

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Let me guess, you’re one of those chuds who denies that Volkswagen (literally founded by Hitler) gassed 6 million trees to death?

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Not saying they didn't do it, but come on, SIX million? Seems like a stretch

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>grog make fire
            >grog cook elk
            >how grog cook six gorillion elk?
            >where grog get tree?
            >how axe all tree?

7. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>Mandate every car needs to be a tank that can survive a 70mph head on collision with a semi truck
    >also they need to do 55mpg
    >guys why are new cars 7000lb hybrid SUVs that cost $80,000 plus tip

8. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>be me
    >drive 1971 MG B
    >lean burn from the factory on twincarbs
    >get 40mpg

>be my coworker
    >have a 2019 BMW with a 3.0 diesel
    >gets 46mpg

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

MGB are pretty and fun but delicate death traps which helped kill British Leyland like all the other junk they produced. I worked on many of such and am masochistic enough to collect Norton and Triumph motorbikes (the real ones).

MG did manage to suck less than Fiat.

9. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I WILL run my clapped out emory cloth rebuild K-series engines in my hondas.
    I WILL violate federal emissions standards.
    I WILL get 32mpg despite running slobberingly rich.
    I WILL lean out my engine to get more range.
    I WILL emit more than my """fair share""" of nitrogen oxides and CO2.
    I WILL NOT BUY CARBON CREDITS!
    I WILL pop VTEC in your ear as you drive your 80whp government-mandate EV to work.
    I WILL get away with it.
    I WILL keep doing it.
    I WILL NEVER RUN OUT OF K24Z ENGINES. MY SHED IS FULL OF THEM
    I WILL NEVER RUN OUT OF GAS, I MAKE IT AT HOME FROM RANDOM SHIT AND BLEND IT TO 91 OCTANE

NO SURRENDER.

10. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Everyone in this thread including OP is wrong in their assessments.

Companies aren't making cheap cars for one reason: they don't fricking want to because it means less profit for them.

More expensive cars means more profit per sale. It's not a case of "oh no muh R&D means no cheap cars!!" it's a case of "we will take any excuse we can get to raise prices as much as possible for the maximum haul per car sold."

The Ford F150 hasn't been the best-selling vehicle in America for 40 years because "muh emissions." It's because it's an expensive piece of shit that you can pawn off on just about everybody for massive amounts of profit. The automotive industry has no interest in making cheap cars, and you can see this in their response to cheap chinese EVs; their reply wasn't "oh mister gubment pwease lessen regulations so that we can compete!" it was "just ban the motherfrickers."

They simply aren't interested in making cheap cars and the sooner people realize this the sooner we can strongarm these companies into making vehicles cheaper.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *