why are day time running lights mandatory now?

why are day time running lights mandatory now?

CRIME Shirt $21.68

Tip Your Landlord Shirt $21.68

CRIME Shirt $21.68

1. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

ricers think that LED lights mean its fancy

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

low iq take

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

ricer

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

What is ricing?

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

everything you do from the moment you get out of bed can be considered ricing.

If you don’t rice, you are basically a wienersucker and should stay in DA

kys, wrenchlet, homosexual

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

I legitimately want to know what is or isn't ricing. I've not changed a single thing in my car

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>I've not changed a single thing in my car
            of course you havent, youve never touched a wrench.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

you have touched your car?
            ricer

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

The thing doesn't even have 6,000 miles on it yet.
            Though I did take the wheels off because I thought something was going on with the brake rotors.

Now that said, what is a ricer?

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Rice used to mean:Racing Inspired Cosmetic Enhancements. IDK if people still define it like that.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

No, that’s incorrect.

Ricer is short for “rice racer”. It’s just a racist insult for teenagers and man boys driving shitty Asian cars.

The quintessential “race racers” are teenagers driving their mom’s old Honda Civic that has gay rims with a gay exhaust, gay body panels, and probably a stupid K&N air filter fricking up their engine with extra dust. Pic related

Rice is like the national food of Japan, and the Honda Civic is the prime rice car.

I’m sure in Japan the local populace looks at people with the V8 noisy American race cars and say “oh, so dishonorubu, that Burger Mobile”

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Urban dictionary, Rice Racer:

Any import car (often bought for you on your 16th birthday by your mother) thats only mods are visual and/or audio. Typically, the owner spends most of their money on a paint job, some fancy stickers, a spoiler that doubles as a picnic table, and a sound system that when turned up all the way, could explode a human head (to bad they dont turn it up full blast eh?). The only mildly beneficial mod that is invested in these neon nightmares is the coffee can exhaust that adds an extra 5hp (making a grand total of 60hp. WOOHOO!). Then it is taken to the local drag strip, and dumped at the starting line by any random muscle car. The owner then is baffled as to why after spending that much money on their precious civic, it could still be that damn slow.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>ricers thinking it's about the car
            Yea I'm thinking kys you dumbass ricer wrenchlet, homosexual. That shit is part of your weak ass trash DNA. You will never stop being a ricer. You come from a long line of ricer men and women and until your genetic lineage is wiped out the car market will not recover.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

you sound perturbed lmao

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

kys

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>until your genetic lineage is wiped out
            This is gold coming from a childless incel lol.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

a disturbing new fad in middle school lunch rooms, kids stuff as much rice up their nose as they can, until it starts coming out of their mouths
            when i was in middles school, we did this with spaghetti noodles, but doing this with rice is just sick and demented

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

If you don’t rice, you are basically a wienersucker and should stay in DA

2. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

they make cars more visible and thus reduce accidents

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

can't you just see the big ass car moving?

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

It might not be moving when you see it, but if the lights are on, you'll know it might move at any moment.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Mine puts the running lights on all the time. It will put the headlights on in a gas station or whenever it is in a shadow. I'm sure I can stop that but I really can't be bothered.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Grey cars can blend in with asphalt plus heat distortions and before you know it you're doing a pass straight into incoming car because that moron didnt have his lights on.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

This almost happened to me at twilight. Car was coming down a slope and it was perfectly camouflaged against the road

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Could say the same for brake lights

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Then why do you have headlights? Just look harder bro

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

why are motorcycles legally required to have a constantly running headlamp? why would you need that during the day? the sun is a light

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Liability, for blame purposes.
      Won't prevent accidents or deaths.

3. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

The better question is why the frick don't we have tail lights what also stay on? That would eliminate the fricking morons with auto headlights who somehow manage to drive around at night with no lights on.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

The real problem is gauge clusters that are always backlit. On older cars you knew damn well when your lights weren't on because you couldn't see your gauges if they weren't. Now we have people driving around in modern cars that have gauge clusters that are lit all the time, made worse by these daytime running lights that make it look like your headlights are on in reflections of cars in front of you too, so it's not immediately obvious your lights aren't on.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

there are still new cars out there without auto headlights. This blew my mind when got stuck with a rental 2024 Jeep Renegade

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

When I worked at a repair shop we had a Renegade come in. It was a poverty/fleet spec model with single tone plastic door cards and it had manual windows. Model year 2016 maybe? Those and the RAM 1500 Classic can be configured to the absolute minimum. There's probably even more Chrysler products that can be configured like that.

4. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Did you time-travel to this year from 30 years ago?

I have some shit to tell you

5. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Cause 1/100 dipshits drive without their lights on at dusk, so the only way to prevent that is force the lights to constantly stay on. It protects morons from themselves

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>It protects morons from themselves
      we really should stop doing this

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

no. if it wasn't for mandatory drl's I wouldn't see a good chunk of these morons in heavy rain. it's not protecting morons, it's protecting the rest of us from the morons

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Like everyone else, most of the morons don't drive brad new cars. How do you deal with them?

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

don't have that problem. they've been mandatory here since '90, so it's really rare to come across a shitbox that hasn't crumbed to dust from rust that doesn't have automatic running lights

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

That moron could kill you or your family. Helping them helps you.

i rather stay alert with defensive driving than have another nanny that encourages morons to continue being morons

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

That moron could kill you or your family. Helping them helps you.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

This, it only creates more morons. We need to make everything difficult again and enact total moron death so we can return to a state of sanity and humanity.

6. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

at first it was only fancy cars that had that, it got the cars noticed, and since generally anything that makes a car more noticeable improves safety, bada bing bada boom

7. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I drive a moped & it got a DRL & the headlight always on is mandatory for safety reason. You can't turn off the light anymore.

8. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

So that you no longer get blinded by bright LEDs only at nighttime but also get blinded by bright LEDs at daytime too. Getting fricking blinded by LEDs are an important safety feature. If every car blinds every other driver with bright LEDs then cars will be made very safe and car accidents will decrease by a significant amount.

9. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

average IQ dropped drastically in last 30y
    attention span dropped too
    Just look at this shitbox, it looks like parody of a car.
    We living in idiotic dystopia

10. 3 weeks ago
    Gears

clear indication of wether that car standing on the other side of the road, maybe behind another one, is active or not (i.e. should you expect something stupid?)
    helps remain visible in short dark underpasses, areas with lots of alternating shadows or with shitty weather - yes a smart person would just turn on his lights but lets be honest half the people on the road are NOT smart
    No extra hardware was needed for this feature, yet it could help lessen the impact of idiots and honest mistakes, that's why it was made mandatory.

11. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

The real question is why is shit like this and backup cameras mandatory, but red turn signals (even combined with the brake lights) are still legal.
    Cars with amber turn signals are 22% less likely to be rear ended while turning or changing lanes. Mandating amber lights would save a lot more lives at no cost to the consumer and you would only need to change one or two lines in the law.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

It’s not about your safety, it’s about satisfying lobbyists.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Fricking this. The number of times I've had to dodge a car making an unexpected turn because I couldn't clearly see their lights is maddening. I'll use two examples: the Ford Maverick with headlights on will flash the incandescent tail lights between full bright and dim when turning, instead of fully on/off for better contrast. You can barely tell when the fricker's flashing. This will only get worse as the plastic ages. The new Range Rover, the tail lights are about 1" wide, 10" tall, but at least they have the decency to be bright LEDs with lots of contrast between on/off flash.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

I've hated red turn signals for a while, never saw anyone else b***h about them. The effort put into this chart is refreshing.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Surprised to see Volvo and MB so far down the safety list.

12. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I hate daylight lights that cant be turned off so much

>bright as frick, dashboards always on, idiots dont turn on their actual headlights
    >so bright that when you use you turn signal, that side ddl turns off so the signal can be seen
    >Cant turn that shit off during inclement weather to reduce glare
    >cant turn that shit off to go incognito
    >looks like shit
    i hate ddl. anytime i get a rental, first thing i do is remove the ddl fuse. i never put it back in

13. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

The human eye naturally focuses on light and movement. Having daytime running lights makes the vehicle FAR more visible and attention grabbing to the human eye.

14. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Its outdated, stupid, unnecessary law that should be repealed. When mandatory daytime running lights law was created, most of cars had incandescent bulbs, halogens, Xenons etc before LEDs became common. It was also to reduce fuel consumption, reduce needs of bulb replacements. Regular low beams are enough good to be used both daytimes and night times.

15. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Because they look cool and allow you to flex on poors who still drive shitboxes without em.

16. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Imagine this car is cruising down the highway towards you with grey skies behind it and you are turning left.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

he went too fast. he was just too fast for this world

17. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

auto-headlights in general are becoming a mandatory due to too many morons driving without headlight because "muh street is lit!

18. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

So the Karen drunk on brunch mimosas can see you and hopefully not cause a head on crash.

19. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Better question is why aren't daytime TAILIGHTS mandatory?
    These DLRL morons drive around at night without fricking tail lights cause they THINK the lights are one.
    This is more dangouers than it is safe

20. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

man shut the hell up you wrenchlet homosexual, ricer. god you little insectoid parrot homosexuals are so stupid

21. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

DRLs are only necessary during sunrise/set and cloudy times. Thankfully my car is manual light only and can be total dark when I start it up in the morning/go for a night cruise so I'm not flashing lights into my/neighbors house like a GENTLEMAN like how CARS USED TO BE.

No whats worse are these new cars that use the main head/tail light as the blinker. What in the frick is the point of that it looks tacky and is cutting out half the car's light for the driver.
    Who just fricking who said that was a good idea.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

You're not supposed to be using your daytime running lights as actual lights dingbat. Hence the "daytime". The DRL's cut out with the signal so the signal light is a lot easier to see which makes a lot of sense and actually works.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

First off (dipshit) DRLs are automatic on most cars and have been for a long time, so I don't know what you're talking about, because when everyone talks about DRLs that is what they mean.
        Second, (dipshit), I'm talking about some of these new/newer cars that apparently don't have a turn signal AND a headlight, they use the headlight as the turn signal. As in, the night time headlight flashes as a turn signal. There is no turn signal.

Who the frick thought that was a good idea (dipshit)

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

lrn2 lights. See the white lights in this pic? Those aren't the headlights.

22. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Too many morons on the road

23. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

You remember how you're supposed to turn on your headlights when it rains? A lot of people don't.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Then why don't their tailights come on automatically? Wouldn't that be more useful?
      DTRL in the rain don't mean fricking shit for saftey when you're invisable from behind

Its a nice indication that the car is on and is already or can become part of traffic at any moment. Here its become the opposite, drl has become optional in good weather. I guess since ive always been used to seeing lights on a car in traffic it kind of triggers me when some dipshit doesn't have their lights on because they like being different or something. Whats worse is this now bleeds into bad weather and night time. Some morons do not have their lights on during those times. Sometimes i wonder if i should rear end them, theyll loose any case they had since they had no lights on and maybe when they pay for my cars repair they'll learn to respect base truths of veh i cu lar operation and change their mentality to "it CAN and WILL happen to me".

We have that, that's what parking lights are for, so you know it's not gonna jump out

Not only they're not mandatory in my country, I also disabled them via programming.
      I'm sick of having my lights blasting immediately every time I flip on the ignition.

There is ZERO reason not to drive with your lights on at all times. It's safer, hence why it's mandated by so many companies

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>There is ZERO reason not to drive with your lights on at all times. It's safer, hence why it's mandated by so many companies

>use your lights during the day!
        >so they're burnt out at night when you really need them!
        Sure LED's sort of negate that but they're far from reliable.

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>shit that doesn't happen

24. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

we have mandatory low beams on here in poland. i wouldn't mind mandatory marker lights but having the low beams seems unnecessary to me so usually i drive with the markers on, most people probably won't tell the difference anyway. when i got pulled over for speed once they actually pointed that out and checked all the lights in my car. kinda like they wanted to have a second ticket but thought that proving these are markers only would be too much time. anyway we call these the parking lights here i don't ever see people mention them as a setting in english so i'm not sure what's the common parlance

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

You can drive around in poland with DLR during the day. Marker lights or postojowe are not enough.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

yeah my car is from 2003 it doesn't have dlrs

25. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

pavement queens mad, the security and safety is over your gay shit

26. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Its a nice indication that the car is on and is already or can become part of traffic at any moment. Here its become the opposite, drl has become optional in good weather. I guess since ive always been used to seeing lights on a car in traffic it kind of triggers me when some dipshit doesn't have their lights on because they like being different or something. Whats worse is this now bleeds into bad weather and night time. Some morons do not have their lights on during those times. Sometimes i wonder if i should rear end them, theyll loose any case they had since they had no lights on and maybe when they pay for my cars repair they'll learn to respect base truths of veh i cu lar operation and change their mentality to "it CAN and WILL happen to me".

27. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Not only they're not mandatory in my country, I also disabled them via programming.
    I'm sick of having my lights blasting immediately every time I flip on the ignition.

28. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

For the same reason you can't turn off the lights on bikes, to make you more visible.
    Although I highly doubt this shit even works when people literally don't even look before crossing a road or turning at an intersection.

29. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous
    • 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

rain you are required to put on low beams which is not what I'm talking about, I am talking sunny day, clear conditions

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

It helps on sunny days as well. Turns out a visual indicator that a car is running and can move at any moment is a good thing that only schizos would cry conspiracy over

30. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

It helps with visibility and road safety in a statistically significant way for basically zero financial or aesthetic cost.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>basically zero financial or aesthetic cost
      Wrong.

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>Run existing light bulb on low power
        >No new equipment
        >Car looks the same

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>No new equipment
          Wrong.
          You also have to account not only for the bulbs being used a lot more (so they wear out faster and will require more frequent replacement), but for the fact that you're running them at lower than nominal voltage. Halogen bulbs for example don't like that.

31. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>now
    Since 1980 or so in the northern parts of Europe, since 1990 or so in the northern parts of America.
    Southern parts with generally better weather obviously don't require lighting during the day that much.

32. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>why are day time running lights mandatory now?
    Safety issue due to drivers' fault with dark tinted windows. In the USA, they have been mandatory for DECADES because so many cars have dark tint in their windows. The daytime running lights allow the car to be easier seen approaching by cars with dark tints.

33. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>why are day time running lights mandatory now?
    women's suffrage

34. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Why are normalgays so obsessed with seeing shitty undiffused led clusters?
    Why not put a diffusing cover over it so I can't see each individual led?

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

because goycattle are incapable of independent thought and they like whatever israelites tell them they're supposed to like on TV and social media

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *