Why are LED headlights legal?

>blinds you so your visibility becomes 20 meters
I fricking hate these things. For one, white light is not natural to humans, and two, most modern cars are so fricking high up and moronic in their design that the headlights are constantly in your eyes anyway.

Ape Out Shirt $21.68

Tip Your Landlord Shirt $21.68

Ape Out Shirt $21.68

1. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

because old ass boomer frickwads can barely see in broad daylight as it is

2. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

led headlights should have frosted glass

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

LEDs should be selective yellow only

3. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

What does the bulb have to do with anything? You sound like a boomer who doesn't know shit about car.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

factory LEDs just have the diodes deliver full brightness even on low beam. webm related, the high beam switch in many late model vehicles literally just actuates a flap, it doesn't turn on extra diodes or whatever to increase light output.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>what does the bulb have to do with anything
      Because of the technology and the regulations.
      Instead of lumens, they decided to regulate using the power draw of the bulb. 35 watt low beam, 55 watt high beam.
      This regulation was done when light bulbs were incandescent.
      A 55w incandescent bulb puts out about 600 lumens.
      A 55w halogen bulb puts out 900 lumens.
      A 55w LED bulb puts out 3600 lumens.
      The LED bulb is four times as bright for the same power.
      Furthermore, conventional headlight assemblies are designed and tested to give the optimal light pattern with a bulb filament in one exact spot in the housing. LEDs are constructed differently, and so the light they emit is reflected differently in the housing. This causes a poor beam pattern and glare.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

>using facts and logic

You don't belong here.

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

I can provide facts and logic as well as calling OP a Black person homosexual.
          They're not mutually exclusive.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>LED
      >Bulb
      get a load of this moron.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

https://www.sylvania-automotive.com/led/
        https://www.homedepot.com/b/Lighting-Light-Bulbs-LED-Light-Bulbs/N-5yc1vZbm79

4. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

fight back with these.

5. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

That's morons leaving their high beams on at night, not just the LEDs.

6. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>complains about the light source instead of its shitty implementation
    morons

7. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

It's not LED outright, it's the lumens. That shit is getting out of hand.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>complains about the light source instead of its shitty implementation
      morons

See

>what does the bulb have to do with anything
      Because of the technology and the regulations.
      Instead of lumens, they decided to regulate using the power draw of the bulb. 35 watt low beam, 55 watt high beam.
      This regulation was done when light bulbs were incandescent.
      A 55w incandescent bulb puts out about 600 lumens.
      A 55w halogen bulb puts out 900 lumens.
      A 55w LED bulb puts out 3600 lumens.
      The LED bulb is four times as bright for the same power.
      Furthermore, conventional headlight assemblies are designed and tested to give the optimal light pattern with a bulb filament in one exact spot in the housing. LEDs are constructed differently, and so the light they emit is reflected differently in the housing. This causes a poor beam pattern and glare.

Thanks.

8. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

like with everything, someone got bribed to standardise them

9. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

jews
    >=5000k is not natural or desirable
    the autojews act as if <5000k LEDs still don't exist
    and they are always aimed incorrectly, from the factory

-t i have an older >3 ton truck that is utterly blinded by any LED car

10. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>why are they legal
    they're usually not dummy

11. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

the human eye is most sensitive to blue light, getting shined in the eyes with these new headlights suck.
    these new cars have shitty auto high-beams that don't work correctly half of the time and don't detect smaller cars. they definitely won't detect you in a low car the driver is tailgating you. it's annoying to have your interior lit up with someone's high-beams. these newer cars also have their headlamp assemblies mounted real high up too.
    what's funny is that a 35W 3000K HID will provide more usable lighting than a 35W 6000K HID, as the higher the color temperature the more light is lost as UV. People just have a hatred for yellow lights.
    Driving around these people in a low to the ground car that uses 9004 bulbs (transverse dual filament) is miserable because I can barely see in front of my car in the first place no matter how I aim the headlamps. 9004 bulbs have the worst output of any of the other bulbs. I am considering just chucking in yellow HIDs so that I can at least see since everyone's blinding me anyways.
    In a different car, I had 6000K LEDs in it for a while (previous owner put them in, didn't bother changing them), but I always noticed my eyes getting dried out for some reason when I drove that car at night. I switched it to selective yellow lights and stopped getting dry eyes.
    i don't know what we can do besides fight fire with fire. At least with HIDs you can have a better chance to get a beam pattern without glare, but if you have 9003 headlights, bi-xenon HIDs come with a glare-guard by default and it'll have a perfect beam pattern even in a reflector housing.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>HID conversion to a headlight capsule not designed for them
      die die die die die
      that's even worse than running led's

>why are they legal
      they're usually not dummy

Correct. led drop in replacement bulbs are not legal according to the feds. It's just not enforced.

12. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

I literally have brand new projector headlights with leds sitting ontop of boxes in storage because i remember how gay they where in modern cars

13. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

I use a tinted visor for my helmet at night, and the fricking SUVs with their led lights still blind me

14. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>tfw blinding poors permanently

15. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

The problem isn't the technology, the problem is mexigroids who drive tacomas.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *