Why are oil changes so expensive in Europe, wtf?

>be me
>visit family in france
>borrow car
>"hey, when's the last time you changed the engine oil in this thing?"
>"uhhh.... I don't remember. I'm really bad about maintenance"
>take car to shop, figure I'll do an oil change for them in exchange for borrowing the car
shop wants 150 euros ($160) for a simple 5 Liter oil change (peugot 308c). Oil on their shelf costs 40-50 euros, filter costs ~6 euros, labor costs 100 euros? wtf is this bullshit

A Conspiracy Theorist Is Talking Shirt $21.68

Thalidomide Vintage Ad Shirt $22.14

A Conspiracy Theorist Is Talking Shirt $21.68

1. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Easy profit from wrenchlet homosexuals

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Are europoors even allowed to change their own oil?

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

yeah they just need to pass a 30-part assessment, apply for a license, receive the license, pay for the license, then store the used oil in EU-approved storage facility until they receive their oil disposal license, pay for it, and then they can request permission to dispose of the oil and pay an environmental tax and then they can start the licensing process to buy new oil

2. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Yeah that's pretty expensive.
    Check on your phone and see if there's a coupon to a garage for oil changes.
    Here you can find them pretty easily and oil changes ends up around $60-$75

3. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

How did they misspell Naruto so badly

4. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

All they expect is the thing to be clean and with a full tank. Anything more and you are just adding headache. That wrench monkey finds some more issues with it they will blame you for costing them.

5. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

It's probably some bullshit tax under the guise of environmentalism (but in reality goes to support importing BBC). God I hate the french

6. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

That shop just sucks ass and basically charged for an hour. The shop I go to charges both flat rate for certain services and hourly.

7. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>5 Liter oil change
    the frick?
    do they charge recycling fee for old oil?

8. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>doing an uncalled for oil change on a vehicle that probably has a THP engine
    DON'T. If you don't autistically put in the exact right oil the (wet) belt will disintegrate, clog up your oil pick-up tube and destroy your engine. Do you really trust some grease monkey to carry and use the exact oil it needs and not just throw in whatever he has on hand? When (not if) it blows up they might blame you for it. THP engines are fricking garbage.
    Oh and yes that is way to expensive for an oil change. Find a different place or stop being a homosexual wrenchlet

9. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

moron op never learned that no good deed goes unpunished.

10. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

why not do it yourself and maybe involve them so they can do it in the future? and 150 is def too much but possible

11. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>$140 for a 6ish litre oil change
    >top tier oil (consistently on sale) at $8/qt
    >filter $12 max
    almost as bad here for leafs

they get away with this because if you're too stupid or lazy to change your own oil, you're also probably too stupid or lazy to figure out it's a massive ripoff and just pay the shop. don't forget they're using cheap unbranded oil and the shittiest filter they can find too

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>15 dollars for oil
      >10 dollar filter
      >reuse washer over and over
      >once a year or every other year
      sucks to suck

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>15 dollars for oil
        based used frying oil enjoyer

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Aint none of that frying crap

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

its probably rebranded avista so it should be okayish

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>avista
            so not for of with the used oil part at least. they use recycled oil as a base

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

I would never change the oil or do any other work on a relative's vehicle. Not on your fricking life.

12. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>Why are oil changes so expensive in Eurasia and Oceania?
    Bro my central european country has nothing to do with france, it costs less than 50€ here

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

X

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

20€ for work plus the price of oil and filter

13. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Your elected and unelected rulers want you in an EV if you have the means, or in the bus if you’re a poorgay. ICE autos are only for the wealthy and elite.

14. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Hell, I pay more than that to do it myself, as I'm picky on oil & filter

15. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

my oil last oil change cost me around 40 yuros for the oil (shop bought a 5L bottle - 3.75L went in and I keep the bottle with the rest), 8 yuros for the filter and 25 yuros for labor

16. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

And then they put in the wrong filter or some shit.
    Those scammers tried to charge me $70 to take off broken fog lights that I could pull off with my hands, and wait a week and who knows how much to get an oem battery holder. Then they give me back my car without any steering fluid. Frick them they ain’t worth shit. I’ll melt my fricking pistons before I have some mouth breathing knuckle dragger rip me off. That’s why people lease cars, because if it’s actually fricked up it’s not their problem.

17. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Yep, the idea of paying someone £200 every 10k miles is ridiculous. I pay £80 to get Lexus oil and filter and do it myself. One day when I get a newer car having to pay to keep up the service history is going to be super gay.

18. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I pay 260 USD for my Mercedes oil change. It’s even more expensive in the larger cities so you guys have it pretty cheap

19. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

mostly tax and ecoterrorism fee

just do what most normal europoors do don´t go to a big brand shop just have some small shop max 3 guys working there do it

random name brand shop where I live 120€ (minimum wage here is +/- 5€ per hour)

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *