Anonymous

>please regulate me harder daddy
      frick off c**t. It's your own responsibility to drive at a safe speed

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

And in the land of the free

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Reminder, this also applies to lorries and buses.

United States of Mexico. I don't see the problem here. The road could be dusty.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous
          • 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

WOAH fakin ell m8 watch wot you're posting this is supposed to be a blue board innit?

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

yew got a loicens fir that knoife bruv?
            I gotta see sum papers

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

WOAH fakin ell m8 watch wot you're posting this is supposed to be a blue board innit?

yew got a loicens fir that knoife bruv?
            I gotta see sum papers

Samegay

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

incorrect

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Bit generous posting a steel one

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

cor blimey, what a lovely blade, that

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Was hooning on a texas back road in a borrowed fiat 500, only topped out at 104mph though, it didnt seem to wanna go faster

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

That a national park where tourists (meaning you) pull over to take photos of freedom, the speed limit is low so you don’t get run over. On real desert roads the speed limit is whatever you want, there’s no police to ticket you.
          Also, you can go to Bonneville Salt Flats and drive 600 mph if you want.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

That a national park where tourists (meaning you) pull over to take photos of freedom, the speed limit is low so you don’t get run over. On real desert roads the speed limit is whatever you want, there’s no police to ticket you.

Actually that's not even a US national park. That looks like Elephant rock in monument valley, part of the Navajo nation. The speed limit is set by the tribe, not the US. Another, I've driven on that road and its completely fricked - you buy a pass for like fricking $60 and without telling you parts of it are steep, sandy, or with big steps that your vehicle needs clearance for. I saw a ton of unsuspecting tourists get their civics or camrys stuck on the side of the road, and obviously the only towing company available is the Navajo company that charges a shit load. What I'm saying is that its all a big scam run by desert monkeys and you wouldn't want to go over 15 anyways.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

This. It's not the minimum speed, or the recommended speed. You're allowed to drive at up to that speed where the circumstances allow, and someone has deemed at least parts of that road good enough for that.
        It's still your legal responsibility to slow down if there's a spot where you can't do 60 mph or whatever safely.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

it's going to take generations to remove this way of thinking about speed limits. people will still think that if the limit went from 100 to 150, suddenly that means everyone is expected to do 150, no more, no less. Just drive at the speed you're comfortable at, and stay out of the passing lane unless passing.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

This. Also many roads are just not used enough to warrant giving a speed limit so they just default to NSL.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>single track road
      Dude, there's plenty of room to pass.

>That a national park where tourists (meaning you) pull over to take photos of freedom, the speed limit is low so you don’t get run over.
      >Taking photos of freedom
      >There's a limit on your speed
      Irony. Although the real issue is that they had to place the limit so low because drivers are incapable of paying due care and attention and slowing down of their own accord when they see a potential hazard. It's no different to plowing in to protestors on the highway. Yes, they shouldn't be there, but you should also be able to spot them and slow down before you hit them, but nope, Gotta Go Fast...

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>because drivers are incapable of paying due care and attention and slowing down of their own accord when they see a potential hazard
        why are we trying to save idiots from themselves again?

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Because fools are easily seduced for votes.
          Why do you think China doesn't care when a bug gets swatted?

5. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

It's a skill filter. If you DON'T do 60 on these roads you're a b***h homie.

6. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>anon discovers that country roads are "drive at your own peril"
    Same here in aus for most dirt roads m8
    Fortunately country people are smart enough to regulate themselves and touring city drivers are so far out of their element and scared of going over a bump too fast in their gay citymobiles that they never go anywhere near the speed limit anyway

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Basically the same in Finland. Poor visibility due to trees everywhere and the roads curving around lakes, swamps, bedrock, boulders, etc.
      The locals drive crazy fast, but the surviving ones know where it's safe. The tourists either drive slow as frick in the middle of the road, or are 0.2 seconds away from crashing their BMWs in every bend and every encounter with another car.

7. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Unbelievably on back roads the British authorities trust the sense and judgement of the driving public! If this isn't the case in your country it might be saying something about the local drivers....

8. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

The hilarious thing is that some of these back roads can be hilariously fast, I used to routinely max out my Audi E-Tron (electronically limited to 120mph) on the back roads around here, obviously that is exceeding the National speed limit of 60mph on such a road but it was always very quiet and super isolated!

9. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Not a britgay. But I know those used to be unrestricted. That's what those symbols mean.

>Americans thinking the speed limit is the speed minimum.

People like you is what causes those pileups in the fog where you drive faster than you can see.

10. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>tfw in my country you don't get stopped for drunk driving

If you are too drunk to drive you usually end up driving over a cliff face or dropping your vehicle in a truck sized gutter within about 4 minutes. Usually happens with the amerigan dorist

11. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Could be they have a similar clause in their traffic law to ours, which dictates the use of reasonable judgement. You can get a ticket here from crashing into stuff at below limits if it's obviousy you're a moron who isn't observing their surroundings. Speed limit is the upper bound, not the lowest speed you're allowed to drive.

12. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Bongs can turn and burgerfats can't turn. Simple as.

13. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Speed limit on all dirt roads in my state is 55mph unless otherwise posted, and posting is extremely rare- I've only seen it once (near a school bus dropoff)

14. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

In the beginning there were no speed lomits and everything was good.
    When motorways(highways) were introduced into the uk people that could afford to go really fast did so and the fun police brought in the 70 mph speed limit.
    Logically everywhere else had to have a speed limit hence 60mph
    60mph is the speed limit for places that nobody can be bothered to make a different speed limit up for.

15. 3 weeks ago
    Greased Geese

idk how it is in bong land but I only kindof stay at 10 over when its in high pop areas ir heavy traffic, if im out in the boonies i just go however fast i can stand.

16. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

notice how the sign is not a 60 inside a red circle moron kun.
    the white sign with black line through it just means 'up to 60' not 'its safe to drive 60 the whole way'

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

No it doesn't, it means "national speed limits applies", typically this is 60 but if the road you're following passes through a residential/built-up area the limit drops to 30.
      You should also note that the national speed limit is lower if you're towing or driving a large vehicle.

On the other hand if the sign says 60 and the road you're following goes through a residential area you're welcome to tow at 60 all the way.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

I never understood why bongs complicate this sort of thing so much. Why not just signpost the residential area in question with a 30 sign? Instead of having a stupid, vague, non-intuitive symbol that even on this forum is open to interpretation.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>I never understood why bongs complicate this sort of thing so much.
          It's not particularly complicated, if you're towing or going through a built-up area up area is should be common sense to go slower, the NSL just enforces that. Large vehicles require their own license so you should be aware when you pass the license test.

If you find the expectation that drivers have some basic understanding of the rules of the road 'complicated' then I can't help you.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Its easier to put signs for exceptions and have default speed limits that apply when its not stated differently.

17. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Why are you complaining like a little b***h? Rally that fricker

18. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Good

19. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>Why are speed limits so high in the UK

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>Why are speed limits so high in the UK
      Why can't you reach them?

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>Illiterate/bot doesn't understand how quotes or reaction images work.

20. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Higher skill limit.

21. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

speed limits start at 60 and go down based on the frequency of collisions and accidents
    by law any incident has to be reported (but nobody does unless it's a real emergency, and in non emergencies the police will usually tell you to piss off and stop wasting their time)
    the fact that a road like the op pic is a 60 shows that accidents are rare. it's a rural area and the locals aren't daft enough to drive at 60 down it, and it's hard conditions so good luck getting to 60 anyway
    if it was a wider road, in a residential area, or near a school or industrial estate the speed limit would be different. speed limits start at 60 and are set lower based on the frequency and severity of crashes
    >fun fact:
    the national speed limit sign predates cars
    it's based off an old globe light, originally candle and then gas long before electric.
    the presence of street lighting set the speed limit to 30mph because that was the speed of a galloping horse (it's higher now because of better breeding strategies). the final light on a street has a black line painted diagonally across the globe, indicating that from beyond that point the speed limit no longer applied. lights were set at regular intervals so police could time riders and issue tickets if they were galloping at more than 30mph (some constabularies set the limit far lower, which is why there isn't a consistent national "national speed limit" to this day)
    when cars emerged the national speed limit was set to double the speed of a galloping horse because that was easy to remember based on the system we already had
    really the national speed limit can be anything. where I live it's 69, but in the next county west it's bob on 60, east it's 66. on the motorways it's usually 80, but sometimes it's 77, maybe it's 73. there's no signage telling you this, you're just expected to know it.
    calling something "national" and then having it determined by local authorities is Britain in a nutshell
    but we just use 60mph because it's easy

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>set the speed limit to 30mph because that was the speed of a galloping horse
      >police could time riders and issue tickets if they were galloping at more than 30mph
      So not only the first line is a lie, but the police used to be fun-ruining c**ts and road pirates even then

22. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

When it's a small country road like that, the "national speed limit" sign really means "You work out what's a safe speed to drive at"
    If you drive too fast for the road and somehow get spotted by a policeman then you're still liable to be penalised even if you're going at 60mph

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>When it's a small country road like that, the "national speed limit" sign really means "You work out what's a safe speed to drive at"
      >If you drive too fast for the road
      you'll crash or end up in some other kind of accident. You being safe and not crashing means you aren't driving too fast.
      >and somehow get spotted by a policeman then you're still liable to be penalised even if you're going at 60mph
      Penalized for what? For some imaginary scenario in the head of a policeman? The Bongs are truly the forefront of the bootlicking in the Western world.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

The Aussies managed to out-bootlick their pommy ancestors.

23. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Here are the speed limits in my US state for roadways without a posted speedlimit.

> 30 mph on all highways in a business district and undivided highways in a residential district
    > 35 mph on divided highways in a residential district
    > 50 mph on other undivided highways
    > 55 mph on other divided highways
    > 70 mph on interstate highways and expressways

So a rural road like OPs would be 50mph as it's a non-residential undivided highway.

24. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

sorry, i dont speak m8
    where does it say 60 mph?

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

A "previous speed limit ends here" sign outside an urban area means the default country-wide limit applies, I guess.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

how do you know what the default is?

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

No idea how it works in bongistan, but I think you're generally supposed to know some national traffic laws, rules and regulations to get a driver's license.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Correct

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

You usually have to know this stuff to pass the driving test to get a license.

25. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>ITT: morons don’t understand the word “limit”

26. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

git gud

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *