Why are sports cars so frickin heavy?

Their interiors are spartan, they are tiny, they lack basic amenities and their chassis is made from carbon fiber as designers try to save every gram of weight with no regards to the cost. They are basically the bare minimum that's required to make an engine drivable.

Yet they are heavy as frick, the Bugatti Chiron is more than 2 tons, so is pic related.

POSIWID: The Purpose Of A System Is What It Does Shirt $21.68

Unattended Children Pitbull Club Shirt $21.68

POSIWID: The Purpose Of A System Is What It Does Shirt $21.68

1. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Engines and cooling are heavy.

2. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Gemera is a poor example, as it's explicitly marketed as a touring car appropriate for 4 adults and luggage

3. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

https://weightofstuff.com/the-8-heaviest-to-lightest-parts-of-a-car/

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

amazing site lmao

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

The face of a broken man

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>4094lbs
      it's so fricking over bros

4. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

That's an idiot mobile for Arabs not a sports car

5. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Doesn't that one have a 16 cylinder engine? I mean yeah that's gonna be heavy so it needs support that's gonna be heavy and it's gotta have a drive train that doesn't break which is gonna be heavy and it needs big brakes which are gonna be heavy I think you get the picture.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

A 16 cylinder engine in a car in the era of eco-fanaticism , are you kidding me ?

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

That’s only to control the cuck white population who haven’t woken up. Arabs are burning gas like it’s 1920 still homosexual

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Arabs ride camels

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

what you don't know is that under those humps lies a hot 4-barrel 440 ready to fricking go

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

it has a 3 cylinder actually

6. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

hm i wonder

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Over 500lbs lighter than the new internal combustion M5.
      Modern cars, especially luxury cars are just heavy.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

To be honest these new super hybrids are a total dead end for me. Massive, heavy, overly complex Rube Goldberg machines that don't offer the driving experience of a pure combustion engine or the simplicity and linear pace of an EV.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Die homosexual

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

the new M5 is a hybrid with a battery and electric motors you butt fricking moron

7. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

emissions and safety regulations

8. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

safety measures and most of them are hybrids with awd

9. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Hypercars are not sports cars. They're luxury coupes that happen to be fast. Pic related are true lightweight sports cars and anyone who tries to argue against that is taking the piss.

10. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>so is pic related
    that is a 4 seater luxury grand tourer, not a sports car, dummy.

11. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

the Chiron has 16 cylinders, 4 turbochargers, 10 radiators, and about a mile of piping.
    Gemera is hybridized and sits 4 people + 4 carryon bags.

12. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

because all cars made in the last 15 years are UTTER UGLY BLOATED SHIT DESIGNED BY PAJEETS WOMEN AND GENDER CONFUSED MILLENIALS

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

and the fact that they don't turn into paper mache upon impact

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

what is homosexuals' obsession with "safety". safety is not wrecking the fricking car, how goddamn hard is it to drive correctly?

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

>tfw my only auto accident was at 0 mph

https://i.imgur.com/u9vtmPi.jpg

Their interiors are spartan, they are tiny, they lack basic amenities and their chassis is made from carbon fiber as designers try to save every gram of weight with no regards to the cost. They are basically the bare minimum that's required to make an engine drivable.

Yet they are heavy as frick, the Bugatti Chiron is more than 2 tons, so is pic related.

We have such a great understanding of chassis control and tire technology that cars don't "have" to be lightweight anymore. Even though it certainly fricking helps

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>We have such a great understanding of chassis control and tire technology that cars don't "have" to be lightweight anymore
            they do if you want them to be sporty. there is more to sportiness than 0 to 60 and quarter mile times.
            No amount of tire technology or ABS gizmos is going to allow a 6500lb car to whip around twisties like a 2000lb roadster.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>No amount of tire technology or ABS gizmos is going to allow a 6500lb car to whip around twisties like a 2000lb roadster.
            You just can't hustle a big car like you can a smaller one. A Clio 197 or a Fiesta ST will obviously not be a patch on more serious cars performance-wise but on a B Road you can just bang them into a corner and they'll rotate around the front wheels beautifully in a way that even a lot of proper sports cars won't match

13. 2 months ago
    Anonymous
  14. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Bad example. The Koenigsegg CC GT only weighed 1000 kilos. The Agera One weighed 1375 kilos. Car manufacturers have learned that people want creature comforts, especially in expensive sports cars, even if it comes at the cost of performance. It’s not like they’re getting tracked anyway. They spend 95% of their time in a garage and 5% on public roads. Heck most Koenigseggs are probably not driven at all.

15. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

what is a sports car?
    you mean good acceleration?
    for me a good sports car can be driven hard around a track und after it you put it back into the garage.
    you can do almost the save with some 500hp bmw SUV but then you can replace half the car.
    you pic shows a great acceleration but I bet its components arent taking heavy forced of a race track that long or lets say not without tremendous wear.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

A new Porsche Cayenne Turbo GT could smoke almost all sports cars on the track.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>almost all old sports cars on the track.*
        Like a corvette, M3, Miata, etc

16. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Obama

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *