Why are supercars from 2000s so majestic but everything after looks like a plastic toy?

Why are supercars from 2000s so majestic but everything after looks like a plastic toy?

Thalidomide Vintage Ad Shirt $22.14

Nothing Ever Happens Shirt $21.68

Thalidomide Vintage Ad Shirt $22.14

1. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

I think 2000s were best for car design, new enough to look sleek and modern while not looking like current monstrosities that resemble Black person after getting lynched.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/Otu7W5b.jpg

It's not 2000s, it's specifically 2000-2004. And before citing examples of cars being sold after, strictly speaking from the year the original design was released.

I agree Y2K is good, but I wouldn't hail it as the best. Just the best at what it does. Which is still excellent. Everything after will be looked back on history as The Dead Era or The Blank Era, because there will be 99% nothing worth remembering. The most forgettable of all eras.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Funny how the alignment of the column on the left is peak and the other one is cringe.
      >I do miss the V10

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Left column good, right column bad (I always though tthe e34 was bland)

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

>Left column good, right column bad
        I thought you were memeing at first, then I looked at the image again and you're 100% right. And I don't even care for BMWs. But every one on the left is significantly better

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

e60 > f10 > e39

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

1998 clears

2. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Modern cars are so fugly it's a tragedy.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Ahhahaha what the frick

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

It looks so much worse when a good looking version is sitting next to it

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

E38 isn't that ugly, come on now

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

i miss whip antennas

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

they are the best design for automobiles but shark fins replaced them because car makers don't actually care about am/fm radio anymore. every braindead new car buyer uses spotify or itunes

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

*SNIFFFFF*

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

*BREATHS IN*

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

at least miata kept it's original size and weight from 30 years ago
        I can't think of another car that did that

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/EfiPt7E.jpg

*BREATHS IN*

I PUSH MY FINGERS INTO MY

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

rip bmw

3. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

I disagree insofar that the '00s was when it started.

>the Enzo and SLR had that hideous F1-inspired nose
    >Carrera GT had great proportions but bland surface design
    >Ford GT was just rehashed version of something from 40 years prior
    >Viper Gen-III and -IV were the least aesthetic of the line
    >Pagani, Koenigsegg, Bugatti started doing endless "ultimate/special editions" of cars unveiled the decade before changing only some body parts and paint or making a track-only versions that can't race anywhere.

There are probably more examples I can't think of right now. From the nu-retro that gripped American cars to forcing the "corporate face" on everything, the 2000s was a notoriously bad era in sportscar design. I feel only Aston-Martin during the Callum/Fisker transition made out okay during this time, but then Reichmann took over and just kept doing the same shit for another decade.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

I am

[...]
      It's not 2000s, it's specifically 2000-2004. And before citing examples of cars being sold after, strictly speaking from the year the original design was released.

I agree Y2K is good, but I wouldn't hail it as the best. Just the best at what it does. Which is still excellent. Everything after will be looked back on history as The Dead Era or The Blank Era, because there will be 99% nothing worth remembering. The most forgettable of all eras.

and I agree with you. The beginning of the end for a lot of undesirable trends, as well as everything you've mentioned.
      I do love me the Murcielago (1st and 2nd gen), as well as the 360 thoughever

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>>Ford GT was just rehashed version of something from 40 years prior
      this was primarily an american trend, and it was kino as frick.

pic related. the challenger, camaro, prowler, thunderbird, SSR. all cool designs in an area of uninspired mostly bland looking cars.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

I'm pretty sure he was talking about the ford gt that was a slightly larger verion of the 1968 gt40, which in itself was an anglo design.
        And muscle cars are a soulless imitation of rally cars

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

So he's just moronic?
          >And muscle cars are a soulless imitation of rally cars
          you sound moronic, too. yikes.

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

>muscle cars are a soulless imitation of rally cars
          what the frick did you just say you little shit?

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

>And muscle cars are a soulless imitation of rally cars

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

>it was kino as frick.

No way. Most of the cars chasing that retro trend have aged like milk.

In the Ford GT's case, it looks good, but it lacks originality. They copy-pasted much of proportions of the old car with little added flare to make the car distinctive as it's own design. Compare that to the 2016 GT that came after or the GT90 concept that came before that do a much better job at being unique designs.

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

the only cars that aged like milk were german cars from that era. shit like Bangle Era BMW, all 2000s mercedes, and VAG shit outside Porsche. any car that was trying to look "futuristic" looks like shit now. the retro cars look good, for the same reason the Ford GT does. they were aping actual pleasant designs.

4. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

I don't know about plastic toy but older supercars look better because they weren't as min-maxed. I hate how the 911 looks less and less like a 911 every decade.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

needs to be evolution in a design, otherwise you can't justify people buying the newer version of the same car. happened with the mustang. it went from looking like a modernized replica of the original in 2005 to looking less and less like a retro car and more like a ford fusion.

5. 1 month ago
    Anonymous
    • 1 month ago
      Anonymous

my fricking penis

• 1 month ago
        p

Mine went soft too
        Too many ugly cars itt

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>V6

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

it was the fastest car in the world for a time, NAtard

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

No, it wasn't. Jag fricked over their fanbase by releasing this as a v6, after taking deposits based on it being a v12.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Essentially the same BL car but tuned to hit about eighty. and stay there all day.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

Holy shit is that a bedford rascal?

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

Yes and using that logic so are these. 100% the same car.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>ford key

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

It's crazy to think that in the early-2000s nobody really wanted these and they were trading hands for half their original sale price. Now that millennial boomers have money, XJ220 prices are close to what they were when they were new.

I've come around to it having used to think it pathetic attempt at a supercar being completely overshadowed by McLaren within a year of release. Not even the coolest '90s Jaguar supercar when it was released. However, taking account both in a bubble and the greater supercar landscape at the time, it's a pretty neat car.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

Am I the only fricker on this board that likes the XJ220? DA several years back loved this car. Did not expect such a negative reaction to it from everyone. What's their deal? Yeah it's V6 and the interior is Ford excrement, but otherwise hot damn. There's nothing like it.

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

Nah, I still fricking love it.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

hell yeah brudda

Captcha: MASH2

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

>Am I the only fricker on this board that likes the XJ220?

DA is full of moronic bus riding zoomers

The xj220 has always been based as frick

6. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Why post a car that looks like plastic?

7. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

i still think about the time i saw an Enzo croozing on the highway. rare.

8. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

It was very much a transitionary period but the last of an era regardless. Manufacturers were starting to put more 'semi-auto' transmissions in cars, but exotic cars such as that Enzo were still sold as bare bones performance cars complete with no radio and crank windows.
    The interiors of most exotic cars were in a nice period as well where they all still had analog gauges and rarely came with any screens from the factory, too. Manual transmissions were still a thing from most supercar brands even.
    The prevalence of fake vents, elaborate LED light designs, colorful dashboard screens and so on really make it seem like supercars are now built for an entirely different market, which in a sense is true (and the tl;dr of why everything looks like a plastic toy now)

9. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Dunno but every car since 2008-2016 has looked really bad

10. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Because you're a zoomer whose earliest memories of supercars is stuff from that era.

11. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Because you were a kid.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Because you're a zoomer whose earliest memories of supercars is stuff from that era.

Not an argument.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

because YOU ARE HEADCRAB ZOMBIE

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

English.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

yes we speak it here

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Not you, apparently.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

yet you can fully understand me. interdasting

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

You win some, you lose some.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

Literally everyone born earlier than you thinks the Enzo is frick ass ugly.

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

I'm born earlier than me and I think the Enzo is ugly.

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

I thought it looked cool when it first came out. But it aged quickly and looked pretty cartoonish.

12. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Looks great from the back but the front is terrible.
    Pininfarina did it so much better.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

damn that's ugly. it has the curves of a toilet
      italdesign did a much better job of making a car with fang-shaped headlights

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

Nice Fisher-Price toy lmao
        Come on Barbie, let's go party

13. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Too me that looks like a cheap toy. Once the 80s came around things started looking toy-ish. They went from Tonka (boxy, yet cutesy) decade (80s) to Hot Wheels decade (00s)and now the 2020s is the Matchbox decade (kind of like Hot Wheels, just less soulful).

14. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

enzos are pos that can't go 1k miles without a full engine service

15. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Maybe it is just me, but I find all Italian cars to be ugly. And I mean really ugly. Same goes with French cars that are not econoboxes.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Sorry for your loss. I like pizza.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *