Why are Teslas so unsafe?

They get the highest marks for safety nanny features, but crash statistics prove that they’re one of the least safe car brands. And when you enable auto-pilot, the problem gets like 10x worse. Do these safety nannies actually CAUSE more accidents, or are Tesla drivers just that bad?

Nothing Ever Happens Shirt $21.68

DMT Has Friends For Me Shirt $21.68

Nothing Ever Happens Shirt $21.68

1. 3 weeks ago
    civil engineering stud

I think it's remarkable the cabin sustained no deformation

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Well all the deformation occurred ahead of it, and by the time the cabin reached the wall most of it had already collapsed and been pushed in.
      I am kind of surprised it allowed itself to do that, I don't think my car would let me do that with PCS on (not that I'd test it), but then again if it didn't stop this guy I guess it wouldn't stop that guy.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Tesla cabins are impressively rigid.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>rigid
        Yeah they are glass, they can shrug off a massive 1st impact, better than a metal cab.
        They also fold like a wet noodle on 2nd impact.
        >s60 is an old car
        >safety ratings both euro and burger are relative
        >5 stars on a subcompact and a SUV mean a different thing
        >5 stars in 2010 and 2020 mean different thing
        >they only test for first impact
        >real life might have multiple like a rollover or a pileup
        >lowest fatalities per model adjusted for distance traveled are American BoF SUVs

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

They have to be. You do not want to deform those battery packs

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Crumple zone sisters…
        Rigid chads are laughing at us again…

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

2 different impact timings (tesla impact way later than the volvo), 2 different impact setups (volvo setup more rigid than tesla's, which deforms slightly upon impact). Lets compare apples to apples before we start slinging apple laden shit.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

If the cabin deformed the battery would be punctured, and big boom.

• 3 weeks ago
        civil engineering stud

I'm well aware of why they needed it to be that way, I'm just marveling at how rigid the cabin is. I wonder which one is harder, that or the one in a Smart.

2. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>but crash statistics prove that they’re one of the least safe car brands. And when you enable auto-pilot, the problem gets like 10x worse.
    Source needed

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

https://qz.com/if-you-rode-in-a-tesla-in-2023-you-had-the-highest-acc-1851113998
      Tesla doesn’t report the FSD accident stats separately, but if you take their press releases and do some math you can see that it’s way worse than a human driver.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

cry about it, Black person
        https://www.forbes.com/sites/stevebanker/2023/12/18/tesla-has-the-highest-accident-rate-of-any-auto-brand/?sh=66c36d9a2894

That report from LendingTree has already been confirmed to be false, with even the publisher admitting it but still keeping the article up.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

cope
          > Federal authorities say a “critical safety gap” in Tesla’s Autopilot system contributed to at least 467 collisions, 13 resulting in fatalities.
          https://www.cnbc.com/2024/04/26/tesla-autopilot-linked-to-hundreds-of-collisions-has-critical-safety-gap-nhtsa.html

• 3 weeks ago
            sage

>millions of vehicles
            >13 fatalities because the drivers weren't paying attention

What's the problem? It is a driver assist you moron. Don't let the media manipulate you.

3. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Tesla drivers have dominated aggressive and wreckless driving stats since they became popular

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Once you start driving one you understand why. When you are behind the wheel of a Tesla almost all internal combustion engine vehicles just feel frustratingly slow.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

It's mostly because they're primarily owned by finance bros with no freetime and terrible mental health so they hoon around everywhere instead of dissociating during their commute like the rest of us.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

In my area Teslas are usually going slow in the left lane and clogging up traffic.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

> Do these safety nannies actually CAUSE more accidents
      probably yes because it gives moronic normies too much confidence which they wouldn't have if they drove a classic car where any crash over 50kph meant certain death

the real problem is that now any stupid teenager or soccer mom can drive a big ass car that can do 0-100 in less than 2sec,i think you can see why that is an issue

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>Wreckless
      You have to go back

4. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I think it’s more the Tesla drivers, anon. You’re talking about the most gullible autistic dipshits alive.

5. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Tesla's autopilot feature isn't real. When you turn on autopilot, someone in India, sitting at a computer with a racewheel, is notified to drive your car remotely.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

This is shit boomers and alcoholics say to try to make their brain-addled friends giggle.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

when you got a couple beers in ya, it'll make you giggle too

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Alcoholics and boomers are also known for drinking water and breathing air

6. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>but crash statistics prove that they’re one of the least safe car brands

do you have a single fact to back that up?

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

cry about it, Black person
      https://www.forbes.com/sites/stevebanker/2023/12/18/tesla-has-the-highest-accident-rate-of-any-auto-brand/?sh=66c36d9a2894

7. 3 weeks ago
    sage

>but crash statistics prove that they’re one of the least safe car brands

It is impressive how far ahead Tesla is that people would straight up make shit up to shit on the most American brand.

8. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Its in this weird middle ground where it drives itself enough that people get too comfortable and let it do its thing but not good enough at driving itself to actually be safe. So it just ends up more dangerous than a moron in a car without ABS/TSC.

9. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Thank God they put those wheel chocks there so it doesn't go anywhere

Also Teslas are fricking gay

10. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Just asian woman things

11. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

goddammit Elon
    where the frick is my flying car
    it's fricking half-way through 2024 already

12. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

The Trolley Problem writ large.
    Teslas are programmed to protect their occupants.
    They don't give a frick about organisms outside of the car.

13. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Tesla drivers are just bad drivers.
    Most Tesla drivers are people who never owned a car and never drove before.
    Then they get into a new car and think it will do all the driving for them.
    Easy to understand what happens next.

14. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Because they're purchased by morons and it turns out morons can't fricking drive

15. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Made by a cheapskate who hires pajeets to program them. Overly complicated anyway, a car should need fricking programmers. The company has also only made cars for like 12 years now. There are manufacturers who have made them for over 120 that know cars in and out. Elon Musk just started the company as an investment scheme and rolled with it because it actually turned some profit. They still don't know how to make cars.

16. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>fast
    >heavy
    >piloted by a glitch bot or insane normie
    also
    >non functional door handles
    >inbuilt self oxidising fire source

17. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

early adopters the least risk averse and self-driving is the stupidest technology to adopt early. After a certain point of net worth & power many individuals basically don't believe they can die. You can see this in effect with literally every supreme court justice that dies on the bench, same goes with senators.

18. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Watching air crash shows and other things, I think it is somewhat of a problem in the aviation industry. Definitely in automotive since these chuckle fricks pay a minimal amount of attention to what they should be doing. Commercial pilots are trained to practically switch on the autopilot systems from takeoff until approach anymore, or even on landing, letting the plane follow beacons or GPS waypoints out of an airspace and across the country. You get too much automation and they start to rely more on the airplane's automation more than on their own senses and training. Their hand flying skills start to decay unless something is broken, requiring them to fly it, or they simply want to fly the aircraft themselves.

Likewise Average Joe Normalgay III would rather be anywhere else than his shitty crossover, so they text, they fiddle frick around, they blindly reverse into your rear wheel because they didn't check their mirrors in the Cabela's parking lot... and then you encourage this shitty behavior with more automation. Oh and if they are somewhat diligent but still dumb enough to get something new every 3-5 years, then they have touchscreens and other nuisance devices that come standard now, with less feedback from reduced cabin controls.

I realize that I've just wandered into the argument of cars being shit in general, but it all runs together after a hot minute. Between lobbying and legislation, and other BS including dumber drivers and even dumber pedestrians, it's the problem of trying to out-engineer God's Better Idiot. In a perfect world, Darwinism would filter these people out. Instead we have liability, so they keep trying to overbuild cars to protect morons who in all likelihood would rather be chauffeured around if they could afford it. aka busriders.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *