Why are these so expensive? I'm not forking out $35 for a book. Where can I steal car manuals for free?

Why are these so expensive? I'm not forking out $35 for a book. Where can I steal car manuals for free?

A Conspiracy Theorist Is Talking Shirt $21.68

POSIWID: The Purpose Of A System Is What It Does Shirt $21.68

A Conspiracy Theorist Is Talking Shirt $21.68

1. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Find a used one on ebay you moron.

2. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

the Internet. ever heard of it?

3. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

check enthusiast forums for the model, a lot of times there will be mega links to a factory service manual
    if that fails, check ebay, chinks usually sell digital downloads of the fsm for like $10.
    if that fails, buy a month of alldata diy and screenshot everything you can using one of those screenshot extensions that let you save the entire page into a pdf

4. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Holy poorgay

If you relaly like the car you buy it. They tell you everything, done right.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

libgen

nearly every haynes manual has some sort of error(s), you always want the OEM service manual in addition to it

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

No I don't. Injust grab haynes manual and go to garage. INTERNET FREE TIME.

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Haynes manual for my car
          >to change the left side/transmission mount you have to remove the subframe brace cross bar
          Reality:
          >you just have to remove the air box everything is accessible from above in the engine bay

Haynes manual
          >to change the rear dogbone engine mount you only "remove the heat shield and mount bracket then remove the mount"
          Reality:
          >have to remove the entire air intake (to access the bracket) and also the entire subframe brace assembly (to reach one of the heat shield bolts and two of the bracket bolts)

Yes haynes is not great.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>Haynes manual in reality
            >torque specs are in the front on the chapter
            >reference chapter 2 section b for disassembly
            If you are halfway into the book chances are the first half has covered everything else to get to that point and assembly. Its a pure skill issue on your end if your reading comprehension is that of a redditgay.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Right because I don't know how to read a table of contents and index.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>haynes manual
            >giving millions of people information to fix their own vehivles for decades
            >some femboy online
            >"its too hard to read :^{
            Blow it out your ass

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Right I don't know how to read, it's too hard, and I wear skirts and go uWu all the time.
            Absolutely correct.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous
          • 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Well you've said it

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Not that anon, but those Haynes manuals have been garbage for years.
            they've really stopped putting in depth of details in them and just stuck to really rudimentary info.
            That's why I believe they don't even make them anymore.

I had a Haynes manual for a 5 cylinder Colorado that was actually using photos from a V10 Dodge.
            It was just showing one bank of cylinders because they needed a photo of a 5cyl.
            half things in there weren't even from that truck.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Can confirm. The only thing they're useful for is a quick way to reference bolt torques, but even then, they aren't always right.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

This, they always reference the things to do first by page number or whatever right at the start of any section.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>completely ignores the anon said Haynes has incorrect procedures listed
            >buh it has torque specs and a front reference!
            Dude you're moronic.

5. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>Why are these so expensive?
    Because people have to tear-down an entire car and document it and they don't sell like crazy. It's well worth $35. If you frick up, miss a step, and break a part when wrenching it'll cost more than the manual would've.
    I can't imagine not having a shop manual. For my last car I had 2 of them and cross-referenced.

6. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

$35? lmao, real shop manuals for my either of my cars cost like $200 PER VOLUME
    https://charm.li/

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Not OP but thank you for the link.

• 2 weeks ago
      TooZ

Not OP either.(duh). ty for the knowledge.

7. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>buy haynes manual for some GM shitbox
    >instructions are unclear and vague
    >"Take it off, clean it, reassemble in reverse order of disasembly :)"
    >frick this shit
    >painstakingly download GM shop manual from moneyhungryscum-archive.net, who just reduced their download rate for non-Premium Members(tm) to 30kb/s
    >"Take it off, clean it, reassemble in reverse order of disasembly, using replacement gasket GM PN694201337 :)"
    fricking americans

8. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

those aren't even the real manuals.
    the real car manuals are $200+ and 1,000+ pages.

9. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

If you think that's bad your mouth would gape at the cost of college textbooks. $35 is like the rental price

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Car and college manuals and everything?. If there was a biblical effort of library system, it might be called library genesis as bible started with genesis.

10. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

You can gain access to Chilton Library by googling that with and the word library. It isn’t Haynes but decent for the repairs I feel comfortable doing. Should give you quite a few different libraries in different cities that do offer it online. One downside is that many require a library card to gain access BUT… I have found a couple after about 10 visits to different library websites that only ask for a valid zip code. So if you just happen to accidentally find your way to New Mexico library website and use a Roswell zip code you might get access. Shhhh

11. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Skip the Haynes. Get factory service data. Just the theory and operation plus wiring diagrams are worth the cost.

12. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>australians don't have libraries
    makes sense actually

13. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

because they have a team of engineers , photographers, artists, writers, take apart the car and document the whole process.

stfu and move back to mexico juan.

14. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Honestly just look for factory manuals on the internet,
    thats your best bet
    then print em if you need to

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *