Why are turbo kits so expensive?

There's really not that much material there so is it the engineering that makes turbo kits so expensive?

Shopping Cart Returner Shirt $21.68

Ape Out Shirt $21.68

Shopping Cart Returner Shirt $21.68

1. 1 week ago
    Anonymous

ricer tax

• 1 week ago
      Anonymous

ricelet stancelet slowgaylet boyracelet

• 1 week ago
      Anonymous

>improving your car's performance is rice
      you've went full circle moronic

• 1 week ago
        Anonymous

You missed the point homosexual

• 1 week ago
          Anonymous

You never had a point moron, learn what rice means if you're gonna spew it every day

• 1 week ago
            Anonymous

sorry moron you missed the point
            seethe some more, then kys

• 1 week ago
            Anonymous

>continues to seethe over being wrong
            I can't wait to see you cry more

2. 1 week ago
    Anonymous

$/HP-wise they are not as expensive as mods done to NA cars to gain horsepower

3. 1 week ago
    Anonymous

Low production numbers

• 1 week ago
      Anonymous

checked and this. they have fewer units to amortize the r&d they use to ensure proper fit, function, and reliability for your car.

4. 1 week ago
    Anonymous

The turbo itself is a fairly complex piece of machinery, and a reasonably well designed compressor wheel will be expensive to manufacture with good tolerances. Unless you want to risk it with a Shanghai screamer from eBay.

• 1 week ago
      Anonymous

Pretty much this. The alloys needed to make the turbine + machining isn't cheap if you want it to last more than a couple pulls.

If you look at any kit sans the turbo or even supercharger the piping, mounting brackets and intercoolers are not that expensive. Easily 1000 at most while the turbo itself can be 5k or more.

5. 1 week ago
    Anonymous

you need to do a better job of part picking. look for parts separately... the cast iron manifold you posted is only $300 but its part of $6+K kit. really? you need to find out what core parts you need, manifold, intercooler piping, turbo, downpipe and find those and not pay someone else to put a package together.

6. 1 week ago
    Anonymous

so do it yourself moron
    weld up a shitty log manifold, slap a chinese turbo on it, adapt a dump to your stock exhaust, run an oil feed from your oil pressure switch, weld a bung onto your sump, get some aluminium pipe and some silicone bends, get a chinese intercooler and SLAP IT ALL TOGETHER

• 1 week ago
      Anonymous

Or you could do this with quality parts.

• 1 week ago
        Anonymous

I thought we were trying to save money here?
        Slap it together, upgrade later.

• 1 week ago
          Anonymous

I'm not OP but I'd be worried that a chink compressor would crap itself into my engine and just cost a lot more in the long run.

• 1 week ago
            Anonymous

there are tiers to chinese parts, you get what you pay for. some of them are proven parts with oem quality and some are completely useless

7. 1 week ago
    Anonymous

Quite lot stuff in there and not that much buyers

8. 1 week ago
    Anonymous

> Turbo itself
    > New exhaust system
    > New intake
    > New intercooler
    > Retuning engine
    > Modding brakes
    > Modding suspension
    > Modding engine
    its probably the single most expensive change in a car, especially if mass production scale efficiencies are lost

9. 1 week ago
    Anonymous

Also fuel pumps. dont buy the expensive chinese walboro and instead get an afterparty stock replacement. check the gph, more than any DAer needs. o reillys has singular pumps like this

• 1 week ago
      Anonymous

>60gph
      Can someone translate this into white man measurements for me?

• 1 week ago
        Anonymous

550hp

• 1 week ago
      Anonymous

>65-75 gph
      But my walboro is 180 gph.
      That I've never installed.
      And pushing 600hp with a supercharger and no issues..

• 1 week ago
      Anonymous

Just get a deatschwerks pump. They're bosch pumps that have been flow rated and rebranded.

• 1 week ago
      Anonymous

real walboros aren't chinese those are knock offs. same as a lot of bosch 044s. chink scammers make fakes of high profit margin parts. you're better off getting something obscure as it's less likely to be a fake.

10. 1 week ago
    Anonymous

the turbocharger itself and the exhaust manifold are the most critical components. They lead a very hard life

11. 1 week ago
    Anonymous

Because you're buying it from a business that probably has ~100 employees and works out of a large workshop somewhere in Japan or America.
    You're not buying a super mass produced screwdriver set or a phone from a billion dollar company.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *