Why can no one build a better engine than the chebby small block? >light weight. >fits in everything

Why can no one build a better engine than the chebby small block?
>light weight
>fits in everything
>fuel efficient
>instant torque response
>high power
>affordable and reliable
It can't be beat. The GOAT

A Conspiracy Theorist Is Talking Shirt $21.68

Homeless People Are Sexy Shirt $21.68

A Conspiracy Theorist Is Talking Shirt $21.68

1. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

A k series has the LS beat in just about everything except n/a power potential, plus you can put shitty oil in it and don't have to worry about a lifter collapsing cause gm wanted an extra 2mpg from a truck engine

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

The problem is the cars it goes into are fricking trash.

cope and seethe, 2 peas in a pod.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

>Instantly replies with cope and seethe
        Pottery

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

what's up with those 2 guys?

• 1 month ago
      The GOAT

>400lb turbo 4cylinder that makes 320HP / 300lb-ft max
      What if you had a 460lb n/a V8 that makes 460HP / 465lb-ft out of the box? That'd be GOATed

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

>400lb all aluminum 4 cylinder
        What?

• 1 month ago
          The GOAT

small displacement =/= light weight

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>400lb
            this is weight of the entire powertrain, transmission included. realistic numbers would be ~250lb. me and a buddy lifted a k24a2 short block into the bed of a truck, no sweat.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Quit all that yapping
      >Verification not required.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

I remember standke. He also ended up throwing an ls4 in the back too. Crazy car

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

That's no longer the engine bay. That shit be the turbo bay.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

Coyote is all around a better engine. Maybe not swap. Idc about packaging. Some you guys drive real shitheaps with an ls in it. If mercedes can fit a 6.2l dohc into a c class, then a coyote will fit most good cars fine.

Pic related a real piece of shit

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

I always wished Honda wouldve made a NA V8 with their VTEC. Like slap together two K24s.
      Theres some guy designing one but its pretty far from being complete.

https://i.imgur.com/WTPs3Sl.jpg

and even when they fool around & decide to make a DOHC V8, it turns out to be THE MOST POWERFUL N/A V8 EVER!!!!

those engines go into Camaros & Corvettes, which are very solid cars, even CTS-V.

https://i.imgur.com/kAZcTh7.jpg

Nice Corvette engine you have there....
      It'd be a real shame if it got MOGGED by its future self...

Imagine if GM decided to put VTEC on this V8. Theyd be doing what Honda could have done but never did. Itd bump up the crappy low end torque while still allowing it to hit >8000rpm.
      And yes GM does have VTEC, they put it in the Malibu/Impala with the 2.5. It's pretty much a carbon copy of VTEC they somehow got away with

2. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

The problem is the cars it goes into are fricking trash.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

and even when they fool around & decide to make a DOHC V8, it turns out to be THE MOST POWERFUL N/A V8 EVER!!!!

those engines go into Camaros & Corvettes, which are very solid cars, even CTS-V.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

GM seems to make really good engines and sometimes chassis, but from what I've heard the rest of the car is usually lacking. Namely in build quality and overall usability
        >I may also be coping a bit because they're not sold here

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

>it turns out to be THE MOST POWERFUL N/A V8 EVER!!!!
        Based
        Everyone else:
        >Want cheap power
        >Slap on a turbo or two
        GM:
        >How about we stay true and engineer an engine that can make more naturally aspirated power without using gay ass turbos

3. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Coyote is better

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Now it just isn't. Bigger form factor and heavier for less displacement, less torque, less power and having to deal with dohc complexity. I own a coyote and not an LS because I liked the rest of the truck better (living in the rustbelt that aluminum is a big selling point,) but the 6.2 is a more desirable powerplant than the 5.0.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

It depends on the use case
        If it's in a truck then yes, a high displacement, high torque engine is preferable
        But in a normal car or a sports car, I would much prefer a livelier DOHC engine, even if the power/weight was a bit worse

4. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

i want gm to go bankrupt so they stop paying their shills on this board

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

you're just a deranged homosexual who has never driven a Camaro/Corvette/Blackwing or else you wouldn't be a salty little homosexual

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

no its fricking annoying astroturfing and its always the same dedicated homosexual fricking autists

go die its worse than the korean car shills 2 years ago

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

Yeah because talking about the corvette and camaro or the blackwing is the same as talking about some eggshit 4pot like the elantra n or some homosexual shit, we get it you're a homosexual stop shitting up the thread with your inceldom and non v8 having homosexualry

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>camaro
            >eggshit
            >incel

just go to facebook or ls1tech or some shit you autistic freak

tired of you shitting this board up every fricking day after day like clockwork

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

I don't even post daily, I post every 10 days and usually on weekends. Stop projecting I get it, you drive some 4pot eggshit shitbox. You belong on those sites you're soft.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

i literally see you post every fricking day its fricking annoying

>mcdonalds
            >eggshit
            >4pot
            >incel
            >camaro

no, frick off. pick up another hobby besides shilling camaros on DA you autistic freak. you're going on at least 2 years doing it. it was korean cars before that

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Multiple people say these things haha, jesus we mindbroke your dumbass if you think we are all one guy. It's at least 5 different people minimum. cry on bookface incel.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>it's at least 5 people minimum

so you all coordinate on discord/facebook like a bunch of little autistic special ed freaks to shit the place up

not surprised this board fricking sucks dick now too bad you're stuck here with me

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

No, never talked to anyone from DA ever outside of DA. The EVtroonys are the ones who coordinate raids and shill threads kek. If being mindbroken to the point you cope by inventing conspiracy theories about ChevyChads then be my guest. Remember you are here forever.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

That is female levels of pettiness.

5. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Why doesn’t Chevy add port injection to their di engines? Even fohrd is doing it now.

6. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Why not just shove it into Supra and GT-R?

• 1 month ago
      Supra80

https://www.sikky.com/product/toyota-supra-lsx-swap-kit/

• 1 month ago
      Supra80

https://www.sikky.com/product/nissan-skyline-r33-r34-ls-swap-package/

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

Blasphemy

7. 1 month ago
    Anonymous
  8. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Nice Corvette engine you have there....
    It'd be a real shame if it got MOGGED by its future self...

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

This post was brought to you by the timing chain gang

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>never required valve lash until the heads need swapped
      >throws rods from factory
      Im a coyote guy but ill take an ls9 instead. Ls9 is the only real ls. The lt pushrod series is breddy good tho. Shit needs to be out atleast 6 more years before it could be proven like an ls9 or coyote.

9. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Don't forget
    >Sounds great

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *