Why cant Honda just make the ridge line rear wheel drive and body on frame? Would sell like. Hot cakes

Why can’t Honda just make the ridge line rear wheel drive and body on frame?

Would sell like
Hot cakes

Man-made Horrors Shirt $21.68

Ape Out Shirt $21.68

Man-made Horrors Shirt $21.68

1. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>why can't Honda just totally redesign a crossover with an open bed into an actual truck
    The thing is already $40k as a base model, you think it's going to sell better bumping that up to $60k when you can get a 1500/F-150 for

Holy frick, when did these become $38k+ for tradesmen trims

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

It wouldn’t be 60k, it would be the same price and Hondas profit would come from increased sales. Given how their sedans like the accord are selling like shit, they desperately need to boost their truck sales, which is all Americans want nowadays

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>occupy little niche
        >decide to throw all that away to try to chase a trend you fundamentally can't do
        the modern trend for trucks is mostly about image (consumerism). it would take years for Honda to change it's image to be able to compete with cheby and ferd the way toyota kind of does.

Just look at how rarely you see Nissan trucks on the road.

2. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Honda has never made a ladder frame vehicle before, and they have never made a RWD one outside of sports cars. the fact that they turned Acura into an AWD brand and made an AWD system that can send 90% of its power to the rear is already astounding.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

they could just put a honda v6 in a GM truck

3. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Because Honda can’t make a RWD to save their lives.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Moronic post.

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

But it's true.

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Nah.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>2009 was 30 years ago
            it's just not fair

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Literally only 1 single car.
            Light.
            Cheap to make.
            Easy to machine for because of parts.
            Small engine/little torque.

Yeah that's a little put put, no way in fricking hell will they invest that money for a truck only Americans will buy.

https://i.imgur.com/VH5uLW5.jpeg

Why can’t Honda just make the ridge line rear wheel drive and body on frame?

Would sell like
            Hot cakes

Honda is a very very conservative and frugal company. They will never -ever- do something as absolutely WACKY as what you say. Honda Japan bosses will have you committed to a fricking asylum if you suggested that to them. It would cost hundreds of millions to dev and make a new factory line(s) for that 1 car that appeals to 1 market.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>no way in fricking hell will they invest that money for a truck only Americans will buy.
            worked out for toyota.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Toyota has money
            Honda does not

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>single digit market share
            great truck but being made in texas isn't enough for it to be a TRUE BLUE COLLAR ROUGH AND TOUGH AMERICAN'S VEHICLE
            despite the fact it's mostly driven by blue collar Americans who need a good truck.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

It's funny how these things go both ways. I have an 03 Ranger, and for every boomer dad that says "WHAR'D ALL THE CYLINDERS GO" there's two that say "SEE, THIS IS THE KIND OF TRUCK I NEED NOWADAYS"

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

my conspiracy theory is that Ford and GM both killed the S10 and Ranger just to force people up into Silverados and F-150s.
            if they repealed the chicken tax tomorrow we'd be flooded with jap trucks the size of those rangers and it'd be a hall of cost for the big 3.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>if they repealed the chicken tax tomorrow we'd be flooded with jap trucks the size of those rangers
            no... look up cafe

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

no, the maverick proves a small truck can pass CAFE, even without a hybrid system.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

why would they need to repeal something that never stopped anything to begin with.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

I love that the current gen Tundra still gets gas mileage on par with trucks from the 80s while also having worse payload and towing capacities than every other modern truck.

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/qicEz9k.jpeg

Nah.

>dime in a dozen limited production car that was never made again. Nah.
        Honda can’t even make a RWD sedan that competes with a 3 Series for their “luxury” brand Acura.

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Nice reading comprehension dipshit moron. The guy's post literally said Honda can't make RWD to save their lives. Even tho they literally designed and built from scratch one of the greatest RWD production sports cars ever made. They could easily build a superior RWD platform truck if they wanted to.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Stupid weeb Black personmutt

4. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Why? They're already competing against 4 established brands. Making the Ridgeline the biggest, weirdest cartruck-thing is its niche.

5. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Here, I convinced Honda to do it.

6. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Why do people think body on frame is a good thing? Why would they do that? It makes sense for full size trucks for heavy towing capacity and upfitting like work bodies and snow plows. Vehicles like Ridgeline and Maverick do none of that. Body on frame would make it heavier, sit higher, worse crash rating, worse rigidity, and higher cost. All downsides, no upsides. Don't tell me it's for the 0.05% of buyers that will lift it to go off roading.

As far as RWD, that's mostly downsides as well. If it's a question of 2 wheel drive grip, just get the AWD version and that problem is gone.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

I'd rather not have my truck written off when a shopping cart hits it. It's also nice still having a vehicle left after 15 years.

>Why can’t Honda just make rear wheel drive
      I ask this every day

They have/did. The S2000 was getting embarrassed by Neons and the nu-NSX we all know how that went lol.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>I'd rather not have my truck written off when a shopping cart hits it.

That's gonna happen regardless to an aluminum F150

>It's also nice still having a vehicle left after 15 years.

So you want a truck that's reliable and has good rust proofing? A ladder frame has nothing to do with either, ask GM and their Silverado K2 frames with 2016-17s getting junked from rot

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>That's gonna happen regardless to an aluminum F150
          At least you can just replace the bed. good luck doing that on a Cuckline or a Cuckverick.

If ladder frames are rusting like that what's going to happen to a unibody vehicle? Again you could just replace the frame like Toyota had to. You aren't replacing a unibody. Once the cancer hits the suspension component mounting areas the vehicle is done.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

ridgeline is a tacoma competitor, not a maverick competitor

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>Why do people think body on frame is a good thing?
      rust. a few holes in your rockers compromises the entire structure. and they can rust from the inside out when drain holes get blocked (always).

7. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>Why can’t Honda just make rear wheel drive
    I ask this every day

8. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I've owned trucks. They have disadvantages. Vehicles like the Ridgeline handle and drive like a car, which can be pretty nice under a lot of conditions.
    What should really happen is that Mazda should make a Ridgeline competitor using their CX-90 as the base vehicle since it's a rear biased inline 6-cyl with 330hp.

9. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Because it's based on the mini van Odyssey platform
    Which is based on the AWD Acura platform
    Which is based on the accord chassis

10. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I don't know why you would buy a Ridgeline when you could buy a Frontier instead.

11. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Already sells like hotcakes why bother

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

50k units a year is not selling well lmao.

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

only bested in its segment by the maverick which is significantly cheaper and new, santa cruz is selling worse and the baja was a complete flop. Ridgeline has been a reliable income source. Come back in 5 years when the vantruck market has developed more

12. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>make it rear wheel drive and body on frame?
    rear wheel would add a few grand to the price
    body on frame that would a completely different truck

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *