why cant they compete anywhere? >dead in north america. >dying brand in europe. >small side brand everywhere else

why cant they compete anywhere?

>dead in north america
>dying brand in europe
>small side brand everywhere else

Poos are basically the only ones who still buy suzukis. so why are they failing so bad? i thought their cars were good?

Unattended Children Pitbull Club Shirt $21.68

Yakub: World's Greatest Dad Shirt $21.68

Unattended Children Pitbull Club Shirt $21.68

1. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Don't know their history in the Americas but in EU it's the emissions and safety regs that is "killing" them. The double quotes are there because in actual sales they are doing just fine for the moment. In the supercompact category the swift and the ignis(both made in japan) are top picks and the Vitara is doing very well.
    Their whole thing was that they made simple, cheap, unpretentious, reliable cars that actually are, at least somewhat engaging to drive, unlike say the french. Emissions reg forced their cheapest and most reliable engine(the 1.6 petrol) out forcing them to stick an mhev on all their cars and detune them plus safety regs forced them to put all the expected nannies as standard. Those things drove the price up making them not the vfm pick that they used to be. Still their value proposition is practically uncontested if you want to buy a cheap car that doesn't come with an 1lt turbofricked 3-potter grenade and/or a decent AWD.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

At least in my corner of Yurop, they don't really have anything too interesting for any market segment, except for the fact that most of their cars are available with AWD. It's a neat feature, sure. But usually you would only absolutely want that in a weak shitbox if you live in very rough conditions, have to regularly drive through muddy logging trails, or perhaps live in a village that has never witnessed technologies like asphalt.
      Their cars have a reputation as being reliable, but like some other Asian manufacturers, their dealer & service network is pretty thin in places, so if something actually goes wrong, you might be shit out of luck if you don't enjoy wrenching. And let's face it, most people don't wrench their own cars. Or if they do, they've probably got some 30 year old rustbucket already.
      And as noted, they're kind of struggling to maintain that "simple value car" proposition while meeting EU regulations (which are written for an entirely different kind of driving environment).

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>But usually you would only absolutely want that in a weak shitbox if you live in very rough conditions, have to regularly drive through muddy logging trails, or perhaps live in a village that has never witnessed technologies like asphalt.
        Considering how ubiquitous the AWD fiat panda is in rural yurop those conditions are more common than you seem to imply.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>they made simple, cheap, unpretentious, reliable cars that actually are, at least somewhat engaging to drive
      This. I drive Ignis for my daily & Swift for fun.

2. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

they're popular in Australia

3. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

They are the number one car brand in Lundia. They sell a lot of fricking cars here. I think they also sell lots of cars in SEA countries.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Yes. They're huge for their mini trucks and vans which have zero attractiveness in the west.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Look comfy inside

4. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

They are in top 10: https://www.carlogos.org/reviews/worlds-top-selling-automakers.html

They sell more than BMWs.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

imagine if suzuki cared about being number 1

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Then it'd not be Suzuki anymore. They are budget and they are awesome.

5. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Failure, or more likely refusal, to adapt. They could've made a Samurai/Jimny that adhered to American safety regs. Imagine if Toyota or Honda never adapted their cars to the regs, and instead just pulled out of the market. That's exactly what our domestic car corporations want, they lobby for these ridiculous size rules so they can kill Japanese competition.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>American safety regs
      Suzuki got out of NA because Americans didn't want exactly what they need - small city cars. They'd much rather buy overpriced and gas guzzling SUV for absolutely no reason instead.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Amerigolems suffer from a deadly combination of macrophilia and microphobia. Which makes it hilarious when they mock the bugmen for their love of "big grirrs big status". Most amerigolems are absolutely convinced that they couldn't even fit inside an ignis and on average they are 5'9" 198 pounds, which is fat mind you but not that fat.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

The Samurai outsold the Wrangler for several years in a row, and would've continued to do so. It would do so today. They could've made a few more offroaders, some crossovers, slightly bigger cars, but they refuse to adapt.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Amerigolems suffer from a deadly combination of macrophilia and microphobia. Which makes it hilarious when they mock the bugmen for their love of "big grirrs big status". Most amerigolems are absolutely convinced that they couldn't even fit inside an ignis and on average they are 5'9" 198 pounds, which is fat mind you but not that fat.

Seething eurocucks, enjoy your 1.3 "litre" Suzuki Liana cuckboxes.

6. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

You'll see a lot more Suzukis on the coasts of USA than other places, here I see maybe three a week out in Cali smaller suzies were everywhere.

7. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>why cant they compete anywhere?
    >Poos are basically the only ones who still buy suzukis. so why are they failing so bad?
    Suzuki don't have to compete, they won, you just don't realize how.

What country has the largest population on the planet? India
    Which country has the fastest growing economies in the world? India.
    What company has a 50% market share in India? Suzuki. Their closest competitor is Hyundai with a measly 16%.

Contrast this with GM who are a mammoth in the US but that only equates to a 16% market share, which is tenuous at best. There's also something else to consider. Maruti Suzuki is privately owned, the Indian state doesn't have a stake, they're not shoring it up and they're not deliberately stifling competition. Toyota, GM and Volkswagen, the largest manufacturers on the planet have all been trying to get in on India (by making deals with Suzuki) but Suzuki are now effectively a part of Indian culture.

Outside of India the largest market-share controller is Toyota who own 26% of Indonesia. Toyota are trying to apply Suzuki's principles to Indonesia but they're facing stiff competition, everyone wants to pull a Suzuki! The only markets that are really off limits are the US and China and that's because of state interference.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

We love Suzukis over here, they run forever and are simple and cheap to fix.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Part of Suzuki's deal with Toyota is to help Toyota develop low-cost vehicles for emerging markets. When Suzuki went in on India they quickly recognized that in third-world countries people don't take the best care of their vehicles and they needed to be cheap and easy to fix, it's the reason they dominated the market. And it's also why GM and Volkswagens attempts to get in failed, they could make the vehicles cheap but they were too difficult to repair and the parts weren't cheap enough for the populace.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

saar do not redeem

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

being associated with poos is NOT a good thing

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

It is when it makes you rich.

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>getting rich
          >off of poorgay streetshitters
          kek

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

A poo's rupee and a trad incel aryan hyperborean's dollar is the same thing at the end of the day

• 3 weeks ago
      OP

Confirming every single Indian in Australia, which is a lot drives Suzuki's here.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

In NZ they drive Prius or Mark X yotas

8. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

new vitara look like ass, though

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

It looks exactly the same with the last facelift just without fog lights. It actually seems cleaner. I like it.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Looks like a chink mobile, a knockoff of other cars rolled into one.

9. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

You can never convince me that this ugly nugget is a sports car
    Please just buy Honda Fit

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>"how is this a sports car"
      >suggests THIS trashheap mixture of an egg and a van instead
      are you mentally challanged

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

I love my eggu. Swift is made out of tin can and plastic, my lil eggu is proper car.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Also this lil eggu is Honda engineering marvel it does better in a moose test than a Porsche.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>Please just buy Honda Fit
      >way less power while weighing slightly more
      ok anon

10. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

The popularity of the Swift and the Jimny alone could keep them afloat in Australia.

11. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I bought 4 Suzuki bikes since 2009.
    2 gsxr 600
    1 gsxr 750
    And a brand new gsxr 1000
    All of them were cheap and reliable. I love them

12. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

yeah sure they're still selling like hotcakes here in poo land, but i think it's not long before they get outpaced by brands like hyundai, toyota, kia, mahindra & tata
    honestly the reason why they have such a frickhueg market share here is because of govt. shilling and reasonable car pricing
    but yeah ever since the 80's suzuki (or maruti suzuki as we call it) has ruled the city car segment w/ their cheap, reliable shitboxes, that helped a lot in putting our country on wheels

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

are you an actual poo? tell me, whats it like living in pooland? no offence intended, im genuinly curious, india has always seem like a strange mystical land to me

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

it's meh actually, but the best places are the himalayan regions and maybe the islands
        besides that summers are miserable as FRICK (like 43/110 F + temps on avg.), there's no spring or fall here, just hot as frick summers, humid as frick monsoons, and cold winters which tend to be peak air pollution time
        overall, i think it's pretty grim, but it's alright if you live in a good area

13. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>released 2 new motorcycles this year in Argetina
    idk

14. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

They never caught on in the US because suzuki puts out one single model for a generation every like 5-6 years. They're lower volume than fricking Mclaren.
    They sell plenty of sportbikes though and the GSXR1000 is generally accepted to be the gold standard for liter bikes.

15. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Because of love. God sent His Son Jesus Christ to die in our place. Three days later. Rose him from the dead.* *Now. By Jesus Christ alone. God has granted us the free gift of eternal life. He will save and heal you.* *If you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead* *He'll give you eternal life*

16. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

The duality of DA

17. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

We are in the middle of a major economic shit storm with inflation and cost of continuing to skyrocket all across the US. No company is immune from this.
    People are tapped out broke and in debt up to their eyeballs. Only now are people recognizing they're in trouble and have stopped buying useless toys they don't need.
    The fire sales have already begun. People selling their RVs, boats, snowmobiles, Motorcycles, and ATVs any other toys they only now realize are not essential.
    The market will soon be flooded.
    Major boat manufacturer sales have plummeted in the last year with projections for their operating budgets to be be slashed down to 50% of what it was a year ago.
    Nothing wrong with Suzuki. We are in the middle of an economic collapse.

18. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

my friend got a suzuki for ver cheap compared to the market price for small suvs and uses it every day to get his kids to and from school (2.5km each way) spending only like 1/3 of what i do on gas

• 3 weeks ago
      OP

Your friend is smart though, you are not.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *