Why did America outlaw affordable pickup trucks?

Why did America outlaw affordable pickup trucks?

POSIWID: The Purpose Of A System Is What It Does Shirt $21.68

DMT Has Friends For Me Shirt $21.68

POSIWID: The Purpose Of A System Is What It Does Shirt $21.68

1. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Jews

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

This. We're of no use to them unless we're toiling under mountains of debt or fighting their wars.

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Jews

100% true. The cheap trucks are for 3rd worlders only because they need something cheaper in order to keep them CONSOOMING, but they're too cheap for the first world, not enough profit in them.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous
    • 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

....are our greatest ally

Not sure why my post got cut short

2. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

why do you have to outlaw something no one would buy. how many of these sell in europe, again? they have their grey market car freedumbs, so why don't they buy them?

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

A frickton of people would buy them including me. Our "overlords" wont allow it.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

is that why they're so popular in europe? oh wait.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

There's many factors involved you disingenuous homosexual

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Europe runs on picrel, there is no demand for such small pickups. The people that import Pickups go for F150s, Silverados and 1500s because they are usually fans of American cars.

3. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

dealershits and manufacturers lobbying. that's it. nothing complicated.

started with the chicken tax when the japs were importing cheap and affordable lightweight pickup trucks that were out selling the American trucks. so they put a 25% tax on the importation of small pickups.

Japs had to adapt, a lot of their trucks got bigger and cost more around what the American offerings are. Fun fact, the importation of kei trucks is getting pretty popular these days on account of how cheap they are and some states already have lobbying funded by manufacturers and dealershits to try and get them banned. Out of fear that farmers who buy trucks in these areas would rather import a kei truck.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>started with the chicken tax when the japs were importing cheap and affordable lightweight pickup trucks that were out selling the American trucks.

t. moron who has no idea what he's talking about. the jap trucks never outsold the big three and they dodged the chicken tax.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

boo hoo homie didnt ask

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Care to prove that? Because evidence points to the Japanese trucks outselling.
        Also no one skirted shit.
        You're a scizo. Get a life

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subaru_BRAT
          >to circumvent a punitive tariff on light trucks known as the Chicken tax. The plastic seats in the cargo bed allowed Subaru to classify the BRAT as a passenger car, rather than as a light truck.
          >Because evidence points to the Japanese trucks outselling.
          the F150 has been the best selling truck in america for decades so this is impossible.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>brat
            Not a truck
            >f150
            FULL SIZE and Fleet sales
            Now cry about how I'm goal posting or whatever.
            Then give me figures on REAL light trucks (which also had rear seats that didn't circumvent anything) versus american light trucks

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>>brat
            >Not a truck
            lol cope

>>f150
            >FULL SIZE and Fleet sales
            more cope and no proof.

• 3 weeks ago
        Greased Geese

idk about the politics but i will tell you that only nip trucks had to downshift a grade which means they werent good for everything.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

My ford always downshifts on a grade.
          >name gay being a gay
          Pottery

• 3 weeks ago
            Greased Geese

maybe you should get a real one with a 351, 460 or 7.3na

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

My uncles bronco with a 351 downshifts too
            Grades gonna grade. OD isn't meant to climb

• 3 weeks ago
            Greased Geese

it downshifts because it's an automatic not because it absolutely needs to.
            watch a 4x4 toyota from the 80s-90s go up a hill and that motherfricker will start dropping gears because he has to.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

The chicken tax is from 64 and was a punitive measure against West Germany by making the VW Type 2 more expensive. Japanese cars were just barely being imported to any degree at that point.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>The chicken tax is from 64 and was a punitive measure against West Germany by making the VW Type 2 more expensive.
        German (and French) tariffs on US chicken were lifted a long time ago. US tariffs on light trucks still exist.
        >Japanese cars were just barely being imported to any degree at that point.
        Beside the point. US tariffs were on all truck imports including Japanese. Not an issue given the small market back then. But a big deal now.

The real reasons the 70 Series Toyotas are not here: 1. Toyota doesn't want to undercut their Tacoma and Tundra market. So they won't submit them for safety testing. 2. USA refuses to adopt world standards for safety and emissions just to keep the market segmented and protect automakers profits. Fix that and No. 1 goes away.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>lower your safety and emissions standards so we can sell our shitty cars in your market easier instead of having to put in the work to engineer them better
          no other market does this for american cars, so why should america do this for theirs?

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

There shouldn't be safety and emissions standards.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

This is what children of boomers who've been huffing leaded gasoline fumes believe.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

here's ur 30k corolla bro, no you can't get rid of the airbags that make the pillars as thick as tree trunks, no you can't get rid of the lane assist nanny that tries to force you into the kerb because it couldn't make out the lane markings in the rain, no you can't make the car less bloated because the guy that ran out in front of you NEEDS a pillow to cushion his dumb ass from the impact, THINK OF THE CHILDREN

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Yes, because those boomers were able to afford a brand new sports car after a summer of working at the ice cream parlor, while their children are so priced out of driving that most of them don't even have a license. A fact which is directly caused by safety and emissions standards.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

This is how children of boomers who've been huffing leaded gasoline fumes behave.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

AYO LIL DONNIE, I JAMMED THE SHIFTER INTO R GOING 130 ON THE HIGH WAY AND BROKE THE TRANSMISSION AND GOT A CATAGORY 5 TBI WITH LB DEMENTIA, HOW DO YOU LIKE THEM APPLES, LIL DONNIE?

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

your bus pass fell out

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

YO LITTLE DONNIE I JUST GOT SHITFACED ON TEQUILA, PASSED OUT ON THE FLOOR, AND SHIT MYSELF IN MY SLEEP
            WHADDAYA THINK OF THAT!?

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

ur bus pass fell out

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous
          • 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous
          • 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Why don't you save everyone the trouble and spike a steering column through your throat now?
            Inb4 "I'm a good driver I don't crash and I'll live forever!" Or some kind of lame ass edgelord suicide larp

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

no, i'm a terrible driver that's why i drive slow and assume that the worst can happen when i see a gap in traffic ahead

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Yes, because those boomers were able to afford a brand new sports car after a summer of working at the ice cream parlor, while their children are so priced out of driving that most of them don't even have a license. A fact which is directly caused by safety and emissions standards.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Emissions I agree.
            Once you have a kid you'll be thankful for having a safe car though.
            But yeah emissions can frick right off.
            I'll accept that gay shit as soon as cargo ships stop burning aidsfuel to bring garbage from china.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Emissions on *A* car is annoying, but on every car? A lifesaver.
            Smog really was horrendous in a lot of places, and maybe it won't be as bad since we don't primarily use leaded gas, but it won't be pleasant.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

There would still be safe cars if safety features weren't mandated though. Volvo has always exceeded the requirements because that's their niche. If I had a kid, then sure that would inform my purchasing decision. What I don't want is for individuals to be forced to pay for safety features that they don't personally deem to be worth the money. I believe that risk tolerance is a highly personal thing, and no cost/benefit decision is more right or wrong than another.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

As

There would still be safe cars if safety features weren't mandated though. Volvo has always exceeded the requirements because that's their niche. If I had a kid, then sure that would inform my purchasing decision. What I don't want is for individuals to be forced to pay for safety features that they don't personally deem to be worth the money. I believe that risk tolerance is a highly personal thing, and no cost/benefit decision is more right or wrong than another.

said there would still be safe cars around. For people like you who have families and want them to be safe, there will be manufacturers that focus on safety, and that will become their selling point. Let the rest of us have our Squair bodies, muscle cars, and Hiluxes. The market will decide what it wants. The government sticking its nasty figures in everything isn't a good thing.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>the importation of kei trucks is getting pretty popular these days on account of how cheap they are and some states already have lobbying funded by manufacturers and dealershits to try and get them banned.
      I wanted a Carry until I started seeing stories of people getting letters from the DMV to mail their plates back. The excuse being they're "unsafe for highway use" meanwhile nothing is done about hispanics printing out fake temp plates they made in word doc or zipping around at 30mph+ on ebikes

4. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

The new rangers are roughly the same size as my 98 f150..

It’s nutty, but I think the majority of truck buyers are buying for the image of a rugged truck, and the bigger the truck, the better.

Rangers, Datsun, even the luv were perfectly fine for so much of what you’d use a truck for, short of pulling some crazy toy hauler.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

I have not driven or been up close with the new ranger, but I did just get a new(ish) 2017 F-150, and I was surprised to learn that dimensionally it is really similar to my 94 F-150 (both supercabs,) only thing that changed that much is the width. As a matter of fact, in this image you cant see any overlap.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Alternate angle.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>The new rangers are roughly the same size as my 98 f150..
      Its crazy driving next to newer full size trucks in a first gen Colorado, I might as well be driving a Civic, and the tailgate on the new Colorados and Rangers goes up to my fricking roofline.

5. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

People want the same cabin area as a CRV but with a little bed sticking out the back. You can't fit that in a $12000 truck.

6. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous
  7. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

By America, you mean multi-billion dollar oil conglomerates?

8. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

They didn't? You can get a half ton for less than a Civic...

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

No

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

No what? Use your big boy words.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Is this a troll attempt?
      DA is so lazy these days

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Look on autotrader. A 4x4 crew cab Ram 1500 is $29k. A mid level Cervix is the same or more. They're even cheaper when you get them without the crew cab and 4x4.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Oh it's a bad troll.
          Pls stop

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

You're a flat earther aren't you?

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>Look on autotrader
          homie what
          >compares base used truck to new mid civic
          Even then the mid civic is still cheaper
          >won't talk msrp
          Not even including markups on trucks that cars don't have

You're fricking stupid

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Autotrader or whatever fricking equivalent you prefer is a good gauge of what vehicles are going for in the real world. The manufacturers MRSP is irrelevant. You think a fricking Honda doesn't have any markups on it and the vehicle that sells 3x more does?

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Half tons are having markdowns rn as they can’t move any inventory.

9. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

to dunk on poorgays

10. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

cool it with the antisemitic remarks

11. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Ford Maverick?
    It's more capable than the OP pic too

12. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

top heavy bureaucracy

13. 3 weeks ago
    Hotwing

For me, it’s the $10k late model, high mileage, v6 2wd WT chebby… in any color that isn’t white.

14. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

The political class hates you and want you as in debt and urbanized as possible.

15. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Antisemitic thread

16. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

It was the Chicken Tax of 1964.

17. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

deathtrap

I think it should be legal cuz all weebcels need to die in their deathtrap mobile.

18. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Inshallah they will make him

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *