Why did Ford put the Mustang badge on this abortion?

Why did Ford put the Mustang badge on this abortion?

POSIWID: The Purpose Of A System Is What It Does Shirt $21.68

Nothing Ever Happens Shirt $21.68

POSIWID: The Purpose Of A System Is What It Does Shirt $21.68

1. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Because in the real world, nobody cares that Ford put a Mustang badge on that abortion.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

I did for like 2 weeks, so stfu

2. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I've read somewhere that it was because of EU regulations which said that Mustang is major contributor to emissions and Ford has to reduce them and not use their emission credits on them.

So Ford made an electric "mustang" to pass the regs, problem solved.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

This.
      Same applies to the Bronco and it's ford escape/edge sister

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

It wasn't that, it was because they're producing the Mach-E for North America and China, and China (rightfully) thinks Ford is a dogshit economy brand, but (rightfully) has reverence for the Mustang. So Ford slapped the pony on the front because market research suggested that no one in China would pay $50k for something with a blue oval on the front and they didn't think anyone over there would be able to discern the difference. From what I understand this thing basically coasted on corporate bullshitting and C-Suite execs drinking the Kool-Aid that this thing was basically as cool as an actual Mustang and that this would be Ford's Cayenne. It amuses me to no end that sales for this thing are in the gutter and I pray it becomes a footnote like Ford's other shitty spinoffs like the Taurus X or Bronco II.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

The big problem is it is supposed to be Ford's answer to the Model Y, at a lower price. But Dealers want, or at least last time I was on a Ford lot they were asking, such a large premium for it there was no reason to prefer it to a Model Y.

Especially when it does less miles to a kWh than a Model Y even in the real world.
        Compounded by the fact that there are no CCS chargers for it to use and it is so slow to charge.
        If the Mach E had been up against the Model S 10 years ago it would have been fine, but today it just can't compete.
        Especially not for what they're asking for it.

If you're the underdog in a market you have to deliver a better product that looks more desirable for a better price or at least the same price. Ford has lost the thread they can't badge engineer their way out of this.
        Hyundai gets it, the Ioniq 5 and 6 are 800v cars that do 350kW charging, even if they're stuck with CCS they have the potential to get better as the networks improve and adapters roll out. For a lot of people they're better than Tesla.
        I legitimately want to see the CEO outsted over this crap. Don't blame customers, don't blame the union, invest in making competitive cars people want, and then force the dealers to sell them for MSRP.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

At least it's not Toyotas EV lmao

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

It's like the Japanese *want* to get clowned on by Koreans and Chinese when it comes to electric cars.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>noooo they're going to lose the getting ass raped competition!

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

What brands are not dogshit economy in China?

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Surprisingly, Buick

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Nope
      Originally it was just going to be an egg car, the Mustang connotations were a way to imbue it with enough prestige to justify its high price.

3. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

It kinda resembles in a fricked up way the fastback Mustangs of the 60's and 70's

4. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

To make sure I never buy a new ford

5. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

ask your mom, or whoever named you

6. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Humiliation ritual.

7. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

ford is always at the forefront of semen slurping. they slurp more semen, faster, and way before any other american automaker does. hope this helped

8. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

The Mustang is Ford's Flagship brand, so it get the best and latest technology. It makes complete sense it was an EV, and it carries on Henry Ford's tradition.

9. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

To get you morons to talk about it, and 2 years later you're still talking about it so mission accomplished

10. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Shareholder value

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

hmmmm

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/n2XfxMM.png

hmmmm

Proud israelite here, obviously the best muscle cars would be Kosher

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

I can never decide whether or not I like how these cars look.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

This, any big news on EVs means a spike in stock purchases. An EV Mustang was big for them when EVs were all the rage.

11. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Why did Ford build a 4cyl turbo Mustang with 4-wheel disc brakes and 16" rims and then cancel it, right before those cars became popular? Why did Ford build a brand new Mustang with a 4.6 DOHC indestructible powerhouse, toss the IRS and bolt in a straight axle with Mcpherson struts? Why did Ford cancel the Mark series, come out with the LS, lose the 4.6 and drop in a junk 3.9? Leave it to Ford to build Awesome and then frick it up.

12. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

nips killed their car business so now they have this mentality that everything they make has to be a truck or a Mustang

13. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Same reason they did in 1964. To sell it to women

14. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I asked that to the main dude at the Ford display at the auto show today. He basically had a little meltdown and said
    "It doesn't matter, we call it so you can have both, want an EV, here's a Mustang, want a gas car, here's a Mustang."
    Apparently ruffled his jimmies so hard that I happened to run into him on the way out and he said "So did you find the answer to the age old Mustang question?"
    >DOUCHEBAG

15. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Why do you care?

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Because it sucks ass and because it is not a Mustang.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

But it is a mustang. Ford said so.
        Also there were plenty of sucky mustangs.

16. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>I HAVE NO MOUTH BUT I MUST EAT

17. 2 months ago
    Anonymous
  18. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I like the idea that Ford was ramping up "Mustang" to be a new brand. No longer is it Ford Lincoln Mercury but Ford Lincoln Mustang.
    You could get a Mustang coupe, the Mustang Mach E, maybe a gas crossover Mustang Freestyle or Mach X, a pickup version, Mustang Ranchero or Mach T. I think this idea was on the roadmap and the hopes were they could both capitalize on the Mustang coolness and also maybe use the new Mustang brand to justify the continuation of The Mustang in trying times when V8s were dying and traditional car sales were too.
    But then the Mach E came out and it was very underwhelming and wasn't received well and quickly put a whole carpenter's supply of nails in that coffin. Now the "new" Mustang is just the same thing as the one from 10 years ago but with bigger screens and will probably lose 2 cylinders by 2030 if not also going the way of the Camaro

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *