Why did small and medium size trucks die?

Why did small and medium size trucks die?

The Kind of Tired That Sleep Won’t Fix Shirt $21.68

Black Rifle Cuck Company, Conservative Humor Shirt $21.68

The Kind of Tired That Sleep Won’t Fix Shirt $21.68

1. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Obummer.

2. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Seed oils.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous
  3. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

coffee

4. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Rainjas never die!

5. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

CAFE being moronic

6. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Microplastics

7. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

There are many thing going on here.

CAFE places higher standards on compact sedans. And small sedans are just about dead
    >Honda Fit discontinued
    >Ford fiesta discontinued
    >Toyota Yaris discontinued
    >Mitsubishi Mirage soon will be discontinued
    >Nissan versa not killed yet

2nd CAFE is easier on vehicle with larger wheel bases and that are labeled as a Truck/SUV. That is why there are SUVs cheaper than sedans. Example Chevy Trax (Starting MSRP $20,400) and the Toyota Corolla (Starting MSRP $22,050). Even the RAV4 has a starting MSRP of $28,675, which is very comparable to the Toyota Camry's MSRP of $26,420.

Once we look at small trucks, the math doesn't work anymore with CAFE. Their wheelbase footprint is too small, and they need to get insane MPG to the point they don't make enough power to do even small truck stuff.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Is it just me or does CAFE actually make it harder for EVs to be a good value proposition? If gas cars still had 20-30 mpg fleetwide averages then the cost of an EV would look extremely appealing. Makes me think it's actually auto industry protectionism

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Because CAFE is an MPG average across the whole fleet, someone at Ford said that every EV they sell; it saves them money CAFE fees on 12 ICE vehicles. EVs are seen as having an MPG of zero or close to zero.
        Someone created a bill that would create an "MPGe" that would give EVs an MPG value that would be calculated in the CAFE fleet. But that bill was shot down because it would kill the EV business even more.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>CAFE is easier on vehicle with larger wheel bases and that are labeled as a Truck/SUV
      This.

This is why a 2024 F-150 looks bigger than a 1994 F-250

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Why is it so skinny? Is it malnourished?

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Speaking of prices
      Ranger in 2000: $11500
      F150 in 2000: $15500
      25%
      F150 2024: $36500
      Ranger 2024: $32600
      11% difference
      Is it any wonder why if someone can spend a years wages, that they eat a few more grand to get something that could earn them more money.
      I can't fricking afford any of them new, where as the old Ranger I could afford that $11500, $20000 adjusted for inflation.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Honestly, what is even the point of the new Ranger? The Maverick fits the small truck role so much better.
        As you pointed out, it is not much cheaper or much smaller. It is the forgotten middle child of the truck lineup. I would even argue the F250 is pointless while the F350 is available.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

>strategically rounding numbers up and down
          Shut up israelite.
          A base model Ranger was $11500, $20500 adjusted for inflation. A base model now is $32670. A Maverick starts at $23815
          A 2000 base model ranger did not have a 2 year waiting list at any point. The CHEAPEST Maverick for sale at the local Ford dealer in a 100000+ population city is $33585 The other THREE for sale , two are $42000. This isn't even addressing the comparison of a crossover with a bed shorter than a Honduran woman to a 8' bed body on frame truck.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

An old ranger and a new ranger are not comparable. The appropriate comparison is the Maverick
            >but muh wait list
            Don't care.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

It also costs $5000 more than a 2000 F-150. A F-250 was only about $4000 more than it as well. You going to tell me a 2.3 ecoshart is better than a 4.2 at doing truck things?

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

A lowest trim 2000 F150 cost $19,510.00 which is $35,647 today. A lowest trim 2024 F150 costs $36,570. Effectively the same price.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

https://www.newcartestdrive.com/reviews/2000-ford-f-150/
            >By New Car Test Drive November 15, 1999
            >$15285

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

https://www.newcartestdrive.com/reviews/2000-ford-f-150/
            >By New Car Test Drive November 15, 1999
            >$15285

basically this
            my boss then bought all the company trucks as extreme stripper F150s
            they were manual transmissions, cloth everything, manual windows, AMFM radio, no cruise control. they didn't even come with a passenger side mirror (!). there's no way these were $35,000 (adjusted) trucks.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Current trucks are for office cuck and fat boomers to larp as hard working Americans.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

I gotta tow my boat once a month, that's why I daily a top trim F-250 for city driving

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

that is more than most F250 owners.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Based

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

homosexual.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

That $11.5k, $21k today, ranger is the stripped out single cab which is . The mid trim is $15.2k, $27k today.

A 2024 Maverick is $23k. New cars be unusually expensive is a total myth.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

A base ranger had 120hp

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

The 300 had 114 HP in 1978. Ford used the 300 in F600's and dump truck. So what?

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

That it isn't acceptable by modern standards.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

The 2023 Tacoma is 3900 pounds, is a midsize and has 160 HP, the ranger weights 3200

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

A maverick is 3650lbs and comes standard with 250hp.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Yeah but it has the same torque as the 4.0L Ranger

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

He brought up HP numbers, not me. I'm just responding to
            >le big HP is le good
            I would rather have a 300 than anything mentioned instead of some high strung turdbo that -acks itself.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>IS IT ANY WONDER

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>Ranger in 2000: $11500
        >F150 in 2000: $15500
        >25%

35% from Ranger to F150

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Honestly, what is even the point of the new Ranger? The Maverick fits the small truck role so much better.
        As you pointed out, it is not much cheaper or much smaller. It is the forgotten middle child of the truck lineup. I would even argue the F250 is pointless while the F350 is available.

It's a lot cheaper when you actually compare models with the same features. That 36k F150 is an ultra-barebones single cab, while the Ranger is automatically a crew cab STX. A crew cab STX F-150 with the base engine and no other options is $43.2k, so almost $11k more. Make them 4WD and it's $36.3k vs $47.1k. Either way it almost exactly lines up with that 25% difference from the 2000 models.

8. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I want a small truck by cash for clunkers killed most of them and the ones left are super expensive

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

This is legitimately happening right now.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

It's going both directions. The highly neurotic are only becoming more neurotic and the passevites are only becoming more passive.

9. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

most "truck" buyers are looking for a device to help them larp (a bloated, shitty, ostentatious, impractical for real work, ipad filled, modern "truck"), and not a useful practical truck like a small/medium sized

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

This is a big part, my brother bought a loaded F-150 that is like a god damned spaceship on the interior and it's not great in the snow because of the awful weight distribution, he's a WFH marketing analyst who skis
      We own a few properties and for working on houses it's awful, our 04 GMC Sierra we got for $4000 10 years ago finally rusted itself to death and now I have a '17 Silverado that's not terrible, but the lifting on trucks makes loading so fricking impractical to load anything in or out

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>the lifting on trucks makes loading so fricking impractical
        years ago, I had helped a buddy move an old massive CRV TV. Not joking this weighed 500lbs. We had two trucks to put this thing into. A stupid lifted truck and a ranger. The moment we picked it up we changed our minds and used the ranger because we didn't want to lift the TV up to the lift.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Best work truck I ever had was a 2wd Isuzu pickup. Load floor was just above knee level. Sold it because I actually need 4x4 or I walk 2 miles to my yard. Had no problem parking it at the bottom of the hill to my house as I would just use my Pajero IO to drive up and down the hill and even that has a hard time with clearance and traction.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Your brother is such a fricking homosexual holy shit.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Please tell me more about your Miata that is so much better. Modern trucks are great and blow the hell out of older ones except for the feels they provide.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Modern trucks are definitely better for towing with all the new electronic features.

Air suspension can eat a dick though.

10. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

1. Obesity.
    2. Cheap gasoline.
    3. Oversized parking spots.
    4. Badly written regulations.
    5. The "chicken tax" which is a weird tariff on foreign trucks, chickens, and other products.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>shit that existed for 30 years prior to the death of cucktrucks caused cucktrucks to die

11. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Americans don't want to look like third worlders. This is a prosperous nation so you need a big auto loan

12. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Why have little thing when you could have something that is just better unless you are really hard up for space.

13. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I don't know, but a Jeep Compass with a bed would have done numbers in the mall cop community

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous
      • 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>are you experiencing some financial difficulties?

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

why are there two sets of headlights?

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

That's most SUVs now.
            The reason is that they have crossed the mark where it's cheap enough to make "aggressive" squinting headlights that still have enough light output AND the cars got so tall that there would be blinding issues for normal sedans that are still sorta low to the ground.

So now you have those squinty fake lights that are purely daylight running LEDs and the "actual" headlights somewhere in the bumpers.
            It looks super moronic but normalgays don't care.

14. 2 months ago
    Anonymous
  15. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I don't see the issue tbqhwy.

16. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Which pickup would give me the image of a Canadian man who hates the USA, hates donald trump, hates the Conservatives, wants anti-F-150 truck and wants an anti-usa pick up.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

imported iveco daily

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

F-350 Super duty dually

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>being this full of hate

I'm not sure driving is a good idea for you, friend.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous
      • 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>soilux

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

lol

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Now make it a cabover and we might have a deal.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Now make it a cabover and we might have a deal.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Now THAT'S a truck! Love the optional 3rd row seating.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Dude ask your wufong relatives to import you some CDM shit. We don't know anything about Chink cars.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Honda Ridgeline

17. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Is there some reason new trucks are so ugly? Every new gen and facelift just gets worse and worse, especially the stupid overdesigned grills and headlights. It's like they were designed by gamer gear companies.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Meh. I like the Nissans.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

see

https://i.imgur.com/wKIL3CO.jpg

most "truck" buyers are looking for a device to help them larp (a bloated, shitty, ostentatious, impractical for real work, ipad filled, modern "truck"), and not a useful practical truck like a small/medium sized

18. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Obama's bullshit regulations. Something about emission requirements I think.
    The truck market is different now anyway. Unless someone actually buys a truck for utility reasons, most truck buyers really just want an SUV that's more masculine. This is also why you can't find a standard cab on a new truck anymore. Most truck buyers don't care about bed size because they don't use the bed, unless its to tailgate at a football game, or haul a bag of mulch from Home Depot once every summer.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

I love how truggers like to shit on the Ridgeline even though it has a longer (and wider) bed than several "real" crew cab trucks.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Honda Pilot with a somehow more useless bed.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Because Honda = little asian man = gay and tiny peepee

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

They didn’t put a transmission cooler on the 2nd gen so it was worthless for towing or hauling anything more than a couple miles (if even that) without shutting itself off

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Yeah. The AWD Ridgeline with the 280hp V6 engine can tow 5000 pounds.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

The 1st generation Ridgeline was cool, the new one is the most generic looking pick-up truck ever.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

I don't hate the Ridgeline, actually I think it's got some pretty cool ideas, but it's way too expensive for what it is and the interior feels too much like something out of an economy car or a minivan. Also Honda's auto shifter is stupid, takes up as much console space as a traditional one but is way less intuitive and has more points of failure.

19. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

what's up with all these truck hating nerds?

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

I love trucks. Your SUV with a 3 ft bed is not a truck.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

i have a tacoma

20. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>fat mutt moron bemoaning """da regulathions" but still taking out an 84 month loan to finance a truck that costs 80% of his gross income.

21. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

EPA.

22. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Never selling.

23. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

frick the government
    >tfw picrel will never be legal in the US

24. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Should I get a Maverick? I don't tow or haul anything, just need a truck-like vehicle to larp in

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

They look pretty gay but 47mpg. The only thing they don't do well is hauling capacity but I can almost guarantee you've never once in your life needed to haul over 4,000lbs.

Idk why people like truck shapes so much, you could get an SUV without the (likely unreliable) Ford hybrid system and just put a life kit and bigger wheels on it so you can larp as mr offroadman. Do you really think a Ford Maverick looks any less gay than a Subaru or Rav4?

25. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

On top of all the reasons people already listed CAFE, regulations, market change etc.
    Geriatric old fricks in our government siphoning our taxes has lead to 30 out of 50 states all thinking they have the worst roads oversized trucks helps mitigate that here in rural appalachia 7/10 vehicles are trucks because when you’re roads are so shitty you can tell when youve crossed into maryland and youd like something you can drive out when you inevitably slide into a ditch trying to let someone by theres very little reason to keep your shitty little chevy the more people buy trucks the more truck makers make the trucks bigger its a self eating snake
    Also fun fact: reagan was older than john f kennedy On top of all the reasons people already listed CAFE, regulations, market change etc.
    Geriatric old fricks in our government siphoning our taxes has lead to 30 out of 50 states all thinking they have the worst roads oversized trucks helps mitigate that here in rural appalachia 7/10 vehicles are trucks because when you’re roads are so shitty you can tell when youve crossed into maryland and youd like something you can drive out when you inevitably slide into a ditch trying to let someone by theres very little reason to keep your shitty little chevy the more people buy trucks the more truck makers make the trucks bigger its a self eating snake
    Also fun fact: reagan was older than john f kennedy

26. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>I'm american and the rest of the entire world doesn't exist.

Don't project your weird car culture into the rest of the world, silly yankee. Small and medium trucks are very much still a thing, although I see more and more cringelords with massive trucks in my 3rd world corner.

27. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Because how are you supposed to intimidate sedans in front of you to get out of your way? Plus, b***hes love big trucks. Shows material wealth, which is all hoes care about.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>material wealth, which is all hoes care about
      I should just rent a big truck to save money.

28. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I miss this little homie like you wouldn't believe.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

If only

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Low sales in US markets. They do fine elsewhere but the US has free fuel and half-tons today get sufficient mileage fuel costs don't matter while hauling and towing much more with a greater performance margin.

Anyone who really wants one already owns one and outside the Rust Belt any truck can last for many decades.

If you really did you would obtain another.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *