Why did Tesla cancel their $25k vehicle just to pursue full self driving? Has Elon gone completely insane?

Why did Tesla cancel their $25k vehicle just to pursue full self driving?
Has Elon gone completely insane?

It's All Fucked Shirt $22.14

Unattended Children Pitbull Club Shirt $21.68

It's All Fucked Shirt $22.14

1. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Elon wants to liscence self driving tech to other companies.
    Eventually Tesla will probably drop the manufacturing arm of its operation entirely
    The small Tesla could never compete with Chinese manufacturers without him spending a shit ton of money.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

What thr FRICK is going in with the Chinese EV shilling.

Nobody is going to buy a Chinese car in America. Nobody. We’ve all death with the shitty quality for years on small to medium size shit and dodging their warranty.

Nobody is taking out a loan to buy their cars.

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

China is the worlds biggest auto market in the it's not that Americans don't want to buy Chinese EVs it's that Elon can't make a car cheap enough to compete in the Chinese domestic market

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>world's largest population by country having the largest auto market

holy shit how does that happen. except the fact this is by production and not sales because not even the chinks want this shit or can afford it lmfao.

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Stealing proprietary technology from licensers just to make something half baked and under spec for their domestic and e-commerce grey market is not exactly a public market.

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

It's the biggest auto market for AliExpress tier shit like pic related.

People would definitely buy $10k Chinese made cars here, won't happen due to insane tariffs though

No one will buy it because the US doesn't allow glorified electric go karts to be sold for road use.

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Speak for yourself I want an EV roadster and none of the fat frick boomer run American companies will make me one
        At least the bugmen at Xiaomi have some chill

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Chinese bikes are selling well and are well made. Based on my experience with cfmoto, I would absolutely buy a Chinese car.

You are a boomer and you're stuck in the past. China is surpassing the West and Japan in manufacturing quality and tech. They have already blown past the Koreans. The only reason nobody will buy a Chinese car in America is because the tariffs double their price. In Europe they will dominate the auto market.

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

> The only reason nobody will buy a Chinese car in America is because the tariffs double their price.
          Americans say nobody will buy Chink cars in America but they have to slap a 2x tariff on them because they know that’s false and their shitty automakers would go bankrupt.

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

chinese bikes have a market in the us because they are a relatively small purchase. a lot of morons can afford a motorcycle for $3k or less. even chinese cars are still too expensive for americans to strongly consider cheaping out a few thousand on a $20k purchase that is overall a piece of shit even before it shits the bed in a year

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Lmao. I used to import cfmoto; absolutely dog shit metallurgy. Vibrate like frick. Shit bolts all over it. Frick that company; only shit skin jeets would buy them coz they are tight arsed bean counting homosexuals. I live in Japan and the only decent EVs are no shit; Korean. Driving one here would be a death sentence lmao

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Every chinese bike I've ever seen reviewed concluded it was unsafe at best, and horrifically bad at worst. Your post reads like someone paid for it.

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Tomorrow is the 35th Anniversary of the Tiananmen Square protests of 1989.

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Show your 50 cent discount?

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

The mask really slipped when BYD got wienerblocked out of the NA market.

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

LOL lmao
        Just like nobody is going to be buying Chinese clothing, right?

?si=g83hmTNlkA26txQJ

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Chinese don't rob me of 40% of my paycheck.
        Chinese don't promote pride month and homosexualry on us.
        Chinese don't have stupid democracy where a party as moronic as the Democrats can be elected.
        The Chinese aren't sending $400 billion of our money to Ukraine.

I'm glad to give them my money. US businesses can keep collapsing for all I care because they care more about pride floats instead of this country. maybe they should pay people better and stop ripping consumers off if you want me to pity big heckin car.

I will buy a chinkmobile once Trump legalized them in 2025.
        Cope and seethe boomer.

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>Chinese don't have stupid democracy
          Bugman detected. Shoo

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

How's a convicted felon going to be allowed to do anything in government

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

FEDERAL crime moron. trump needs to be convicted of that to not be able to run. founding fathers came from england were you can and still be randomly jailed if a house member thinks you are threatening their seat.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

So not intended to cover for guys paying off prostitutes?

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>americans will never buy them
        >we need to put tariffs on them

pick one

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

I want to buy Chinese cars. you mad?

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>I'm moronic. you mad?

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Anon is a timetraveler from 1975 talking about the Japs and he doesn't even realize the irony.

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

People would definitely buy $10k Chinese made cars here, won't happen due to insane tariffs though

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>Nobody is going to buy a Chinese car in America
        if they're cheap, americans will buy them. nothing else matters other than getting the cheapest possible thing. this is why our buildings are now cheap concrete block and steel monstrosities vs 100 years ago they were ornate brick buildings made to last.

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Bingo. Someone was buying the $20,000 mitsubishi mirages. Somebody is buying the sub-$25k cars now brand new off the lot. They're not selling in huge number because when the average idiot sees monthly payment of $300 for a 48 month loan, or $350 for a nicer car on a 72 month loan, they go for the slightly nicer car. The catch is theres a phenomenon in economics where sometimes even inferior goods will sell better because they're cheap.

2. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>americans would sooner have full self driving highways than real public transportation

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Americans will continue to come up with whatever moronic shit we feel like doing, get over it

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

why do mutts hate public transport so much

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>why do mutts hate public transport so much
          Idk where you're from but we have a thing here called Black folk. They make any activity unbearable and extremely dangerous due to their unpredictable, violent and extremely moronic behavior.

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Black folk, crackheads, crazy homeless people, etc.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

ENTER
      >full self driving public transportation

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Go back to your cesspit of a board you fricking ESL /n/igger

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>real public transportation
      only possible in homogeneous 1st world countries

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Yes. Who the frick wants to wait on someone else's schedule just to get stabbed by Black folk? I want to go somewhere now, not when the train gets here.

3. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Model 2 is not cancelled atm it seems

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Supposedly they removed the wheel and pedals from the planned Model 2 and are using the result as the Cybercab

4. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Elon is 100% right, but at the same time.... WHEN will he be right? Level 3 drive assist do not exist yet in the market outside of "muh i paid big daddy government to certify it".
    I also love that I can't find a graph for Q1 2024 for the sales, because lmao "line go up"

Its certainly a less safe than just keep on going
    >Where is Model 2?
    Y is selling too well, and so is 3. Also Elon wasting batteries and infrastructure on Cybermeme.

tl:dr
    Elon won't admit they lack the capacity go make a Model 2 to try to outcompete the BYD Seagul and a few other shitboxes

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Honestly, 2 million sales for a car that literally has no quality control whatsoever is mindboggling.
      Literally 2 million potential killing machines on the level of the best chinesium engineering.

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Its not 2 million anon, its 4 million + Q1 2024 and Q2 2024.

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

You think Tesla quality control is bad? Chinesium is much worse.

It's funny though, I've talked to the factory workers right before the model 3 was officially announced and even they couldn't understand why some shit was coming through the line bad when these are the exact same processes they used for GM and Toyota. Almost all the experienced employees in the factory were just NUMI employees.

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Depends on the Chinesium. BYD is well regarded as being well made, they manage to meet their price point because they're completely vertically integrated and make everything from the battery to the wiper blades
          They also learned how to make cars from Toyota, and even sold rebadged Corollas for a while

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

I blame the s 0 y b 0 i s for that

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

8/8 is the unveil

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>Level 3 drive assist do not exist yet
      Mercedes literally sells cars to the public with Level 3 self driving. The exterior lights turn turqoise to let everyone know it's in self driving move and the driver is legally allowed to frick around with their phone playing games and watching movies

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Yes Mercedes Qualify for "muh i paid big daddy government to certify it"
        Which means
        >Mercedes-Benz says .... suitable stretches of motorway in Germany
        That is not Level 3, that is Level 2 with caveats. Tesla's is still in same ballpark, but without a similar big government stamp on it.
        Its not level 3 until your car CRASHES when on Level 3 driving, and the company has to deal with 20 miles of red tape because its not suppose to happen, including stockholders and CEO facing possible jail time.

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Currently in America btw

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Yes, for specific stretches on road. And its still at fault for the driver if ANYTHING happens.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>And its still at fault for the driver
            As it should be, always. Even automated public transit has someone to supervise.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Planes have been flying themselves for decades but pilots are still onboard for liability

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>Planes have been flying themselves
            Nope. The charts of the control towers has been flying the planes for decades at landing, not the autopilot.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Nothing is stopping planes from taking off and landing other than """""liability"""""

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Yes.
            But if a airline buy 200 planes, and there is a defect with how it interprets the towers landing charts, you force the manufacturer to take the cost of recalling them to fix it.
            If you buy a Tesla, turn on the autopilot and it understeers consistently, you need to take Tesla to court to lift the purchase.

• 2 weeks ago
          Anonymous

They don't have to prevent a crash, just prevent the software from causing the crash. That is honestly not that hard for highway driving with cars that have lidar.

• 2 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>not that hard for highway driving
            Meanwhile IRL

LIDAR failing to catch a actual brick wall isn't unique to Tesla. Nor is ACC failing to brake for traffic.

And that is before you run into shared fault when you brake too hard and get rear ended, which is also a issue a level 3 self driving car needs to deal with.

5. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

One of the big complaints about e cars is having to wait to charge, affordable widespread Teslas devalue the line.

6. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Because poor people shouldnt have the privilege of private transportation.

This is the current trend going forward in every country.

7. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Its the same platform.

Also, check 8/8 for further

8. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>year is 2040
    >all automakers went bust except chinese ones
    >no dealers exist just order a car off temu
    >car starts to melt in rain and catch on fire
    >reports of cars flattening into pancakes in fender benders because car bodies made of 90 percent sawdust

9. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

As much as I hate elon I think this is the smartest decision he's made in a long time. It's insane that any western car company think they can compete with china in the low end market. All western manufacturers should aim to compete in the highend market not compete with the bugs.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

He kinda isn’t smart

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Yeah, he is very smart. He's making the same kind of reasoning that American manufacturers made in the 70's. Let the Japanese have the bottom end of the market they said. Unless the chinese commit some kind of blunder American manufacturers are toast.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

The problem is that by competing in low end, you get economy of scale. You essentially want mass production of a cheaper vehicle so you can use economy of scale to increase profit margin on a higher end trim or model.

That said, the cheapest Model 3(with subsidies) is now so fricking cheap it competes with a lot of more extreme cars like Nissan Micro or Toyota Yaris.
      Its THE shitbox. If the model 2 lands in the same area without subsidies, it could be the fricking VW Bettle of our time.

10. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Elon day is number.

[...]

11. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

its not just about money for musk. musk doesn't want to make consumer products, or at least not safe, well established ones. hes only interested in managing businesses that are pushing the bleeding edge of research and engineering. i think it was the last tesla earnings report where he said he wanted tesla to be valued as a technology company or something along those lines and not an auto manufacturer. theres a reason shares have been tanking as investors realize this.

12. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Because when the cars are self-driving, it doesn't really matter if it costs 25k or 125k, people will not own them. Automated taxis will haul them around, and autotaxi costing 125k will just make it pay itself off in a year instead of a couple months. You will own nothing, and you will not endanger anyone.
    Elon's motto in general has been "reduce the human error factor by eliminating human from the equation as much as possible", that's been the case in every single endeavor he's done to date, from Paypal to SpaceX to Tesla to Twitter.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

It that all humans are good for? Optimizing the fun out of everything?

13. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

No EV under $15k to buy?
    Guess I'll get another used Japanese sedan.
    By the time there aren't any, I won't be driving anymore
    >wash/rinse/repeat forever
    >WHY ISN'T ANYONE BUYING EV'S!

14. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Tesla is a tech company pretending to be a car company. They don't actually care about drivers.

15. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>the one thing everyone agrees on that Tesla does better than the competition is DC fast charging
    >he sacks the entire DC fast charging team because the person in charge hurt his feelings
    Yes he's insane, and I don't know why he's still allowed to run the company

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

I think we're one financial problem away from him being voted out

16. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Same reason why they canceled the Plaid+ and haven't delivered le $40k truck.

17. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

all boards have been taken over by brics bots.
    cars or other made in china products will be history in the west anyways once the taiwan bugaloo begins.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

the nose always follow the money and we do what the nose says, that has always been the precedent in the US. Chinese shit isn't going anywhere with or without Taiwan.

18. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

They knew they couldn't beat the Chinese on quality or cost. Need to justify valuation. All in on AI.

19. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

The Model 3 is already looking at iPhone levels of profit margin. To make a 25k car would just be Tesla cannibalizing themselves. It would be smarter to invest in robots and have them take up more and more of the workforce. Then join Biden's unions and get unlimited $7500 from the government per car.

20. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

That looks like shit.

21. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>Why did Tesla cancel their $25k vehicle
    They know they can’t compete with the Chinese in a race to the bottom so they’re not gonna do it.

22. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

AI is the only thing in tech not experiencing massive financial losses, so they are all piling onto that. Tesla is a zombie company that has been selling the same car longer than toyota has some the same truck

23. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Tesla canceled a lot of shit but it wasn't to pursue full self driving, rather it was to pursue musk's 56 billion dollar pay package

24. 2 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Because Tesla doesn't make money by selling cars, they make money by promising to release shit that never gets released to pump up their stock prices.

People are just now figuring this out because most people are helplessly moronic, but the jig is up and now Elon is having a harder time scamming the public than he used to after so many repeated failures and undelivered promises.

The EV market is stagnating anyway, and competitors are emerging. Tesla only got to where it did by being the first, not by being putting out good products.

• 2 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>Car company with more than 5 million cars sold
      >Making money on the promise of later selling a car
      Cool story bruh

• 2 weeks ago
        Anonymous

They don't make money selling cars. They make money by duping investors, always have. Duping investors is basically Elon's wealth creation strategy.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *