Why didn't he turn the fricking key off?

Why didn't he turn the fricking key off?

It's All Fucked Shirt $22.14

Nothing Ever Happens Shirt $21.68

It's All Fucked Shirt $22.14

1. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Doesn't work like that dude, turning off the ignition wouldn't have stopped the engine unless the car was in park.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous
    • 2 months ago
      Anonymous

it would have slowed down and if he downshifted it would slow down even more from engine braking. if he did that and kept pumping the brakes, he might have been able to stop

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>engine braking
        >in an automatic with the engine off
        Have you ever driven a car?

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

>>in an automatic
          the comet had a sequential manual meant for drag racing. it couldnt downshift even with the engine on lmao

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>the comet had a sequential manual meant for drag racing.
            it was just a stupid boomer ratchet shifter on a conventional automatic

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

This, you see him slam it in park like the pawl was going to catch and stop them lol.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

I've bump started an automatic (390/FX combo) at 25mph.
          An automatic still causes drag you bus rider.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

He's extra moronic for asking if anon had ever driven a car. You can feel an automatic downshift and slow down. Even a random woman would know this.

I also bump started an auto before. >Merging on highway on initial test drive for customer car
            >pedal gets stuck full throttle
            >try to tap the pedal a couple times hoping it'll release
            >frick it shut off key
            >coasting along hazard lights on turn coming up don't want the steering to lock
            >key on
            >vvvvrrrrrrooooooommmmm
            Plastic engine cover was holding the throttle wide open.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

you’re just directly quoting the youtube recap from uncle tony’s garage lmfao

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

the brakes were toast, glass on glass, no amount of pumping would get more braking.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

the spark comes from the battery it's not a model T
      the off position disconnects the battery

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

You’re actually wrong on both counts believe it or not, though i agree he should’ve turned the key.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

THE OFF POSITION DISCONNECTS THE BATTERY
          IT"S CALLED OFF YOU FRICKHEAD

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

First, your car basically only uses the battery for starting. The alternator runs it otherwise. ESPECIALLY the spark plugs.
            Second, if your key disconnected the battery, how would the headlights still work?
            How can you post on DA while knowing so little about cars? Didnt you have to upload your credentials?

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

On WK Jeeps turning the key off also turns the engine off.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

THE IGNITION MODULE IS POWERED BY THE BATTERY
            TURNING THE KEY TO OFF DISCONNECTS IT
            THE ALTERNATOR JUST CHARGES THE BATTERY

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

stupid! more caps wont make you right! You haven’t said a single correct thing all thread!

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

not him but the key cuts all power to the engine also the power is drawn through the battery and the alternator keeps the battery charged ive driven with no alternator, I got 150 km before the battery tapped out.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Buddy had a dead battery up in the mountains.
            No jumper cables.
            Put my battery in his truck, started it, pulled my battery back out while it was running and put his in (so cables weren't flopping around and possible short).
            Put my battery back in my truck and we both drove home.

Battery is only used for starting under normal conditions.
            How long you can run on just battery without a functioning alternator depends on the vehicle- lights and computerized everything can drain it pretty quick but an old vehicle that's just firing spark plugs can last for hours.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

shut up

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

you don't even own a car, do you?

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

If you disconnect the battery when the car is running it will continue running (assuming ignition is still on)

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>First, your car basically only uses the battery for starting. The alternator runs it otherwise. ESPECIALLY the spark plugs.
            And the battery excites the alternator so it can make electricity in the first place, alternators don't have permanent magnets in them so they require a source of electric power (i.e. a battery) to work.
            >Second, if your key disconnected the battery, how would the headlights still work?
            Because most the time the key switch isn't a battery disconnect switch, it provides power multiple different circuits. Usually the run position is specifically allowing power from the battery to go the coil and the dizzy to get spark at the plugs. So yeah if he had turned off the key it would have killed the engine and coasted.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

This is the kind of nuance that that foaming moron with the stuck caps lock key was missing, now I will agree with you.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>

2. 2 months ago
    Anonymous
  3. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

if he had turned right, jumped the curb and into the grass they wouldn't have wrecked into another driver

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

A lot of people have a very bad understanding of how easily a car can ride up over a curb. I blame it on insufficient drunk driving experience.

4. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

why didnt he do literally anything but what he did, of all the options available to him he chose the worst one.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>why didnt he do literally anything but what he did, of all the options available to him he chose the worst one.
      at the end of the day, fricking this kek
      imagine being 70 years old and being completely incapable of making anything except the WORST decision in a crisis

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Boomers generally got away with being as incompetent as possible, but sometimes it catches up to them.

5. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

why didn't he break?

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

He did. Continually, for several miles beforehand.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

He did break. His elbow and the other guy's teeth. And the car.

top kek

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

He did break. His elbow and the other guy's teeth. And the car.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

The throttle was stuck and so he decided to ride the brakes for a coupe miles to keep the car from accelerating.

This heated up the brakes and eventually the brake fluid boiled and coudont clamp the brakes and so it was too hot to convert energy into heat any more and they no longer could stop the car.

He slammed on the brakes but in this situation you down shift and keep revs high and then pump the brakes and hope you can get it cooled down enough for some of the brakes fluid to get the job done

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>but in this situation

You do not inflict that situation on yourself, period end of story.

6. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Also why didn't he fricking downshift

7. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

every boomer deserves to be permanently scarred in a horrific crash that affects only them

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Please tell me there is a video with just boomers crashing at drag racing events or similar things

8. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I got really drunk last night talking to my brother about a mustang he's coming with me to check out/buy which took a long time because we were wasted, so I didn't have time to cook up some home fries, eggs and ham steak for dinner so I ate a tub of ice cream instead and now my poop is sick.

9. 2 months ago
    Anonymous
    • 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Doesn't explain why he didn't turn the engine off.

10. 2 months ago
    Anonymous
  11. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Should have put it in neutral instead.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

should've put it in reverse, grenade the gearbox and it should bind up the drive shaft and axle

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Did that to a Ford C6 and all that happened was the trans just went into neutral until the car slowed to less than 5mph and then it slammed reverse. Apparently some sort of internal lockout based on output shaft speed and I doubt Ford skipped that feature on the 2-year-older C4 automatic. I wouldn't be surprised to find that all automatics do that

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Should've fricking left it parked until he got the sticky throttle figured out.

I've grounded cars because of a leaky door seal.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>sticky throttle
        It was a return spring he omitted for aesthetic reasons

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Anon, you can't convince me this boomer moron was actually THAT moronic.
          That's like cutting off the valve stem to clean up the look of your wheel.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Truth is stranger than fiction

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

wait WHAT?

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Autotragic drivers are too stupid to know what neutral is.

12. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I GOT NO BRAKES
    REALLY?
    shit
    shit
    shit
    shit
    HOLD ON

13. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

no handbrake?

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

No. He omitted because it ruined the aesthetics.
      He also only had lap belts because aesthetics too, would spared him face hitting the dash.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

couldnt he jerk the car sideways?

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Does he look like he took his car to the track or even drove a figure 8 in a parking lot?
          They froze up the moment shtf, a competent driver would know riding the brakes + sticky throttle is insane.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>shitty brakes on a 1300hp 900 lb/ft of torque drag racing death machine
        >lap belts on a large red metal coffin with no crumple zones
        >removed return spring
        >ignored the smell of burning brakes
        >ignored the sticking throttle
        >awful automatic transmission that you cant downshift
        >no manual handbrake
        >slam head first into suv with a family inside
        >"people always say so whatd this cost you, i said 23 years, 208k and 2 wives"
        why did he do all that?

Lol and look at the seatbelts they were using. Wtf. Bad crash and your face will end up incrusted in the steering shaft.
        moronic boomers got off easy.

it's even worse. they had full racing harnesses that absolutely would've stopped them kissing the dash like that, but they only put the lap belts because "we're just going comfy sunday cruise" (where the driver has to ride the brakes constantly)

14. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

This is the level of intelligence of your average restotarder.

15. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

They gave no fricks about the guy they hit. Not one mention of him in the video.

16. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Your car doesn't have magnetos?

17. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

boomers get what they deserve

18. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>white boomer men get in a 40mph crash and are seriously injured
    >Black Queen crashes her altima at 90+mph, kills 5 people, and had only minor injuries
    Really pathetic

19. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

shouldve just pressed Y on his controller and reversed time like in forza horizon

20. 2 months ago
    Anonymous
  21. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Always put car in neutral with loss of brake power. The friction of the wheels without power engagement create more drag than you think. Even without throttle the car can still move on its own at idle.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

He tried, he even put his car in park. You hear the parking pawl grinding.

22. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>shit brakes
    >unsafe asiatic seats and belts (didn't even use the shoulder belts)
    >torque converter so tight that the car idling wants to go 15mph

lol. Show car gays eat dashboard

23. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Why didn't he install a manual transmission instead?

24. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

So lets get out of the way that first off, it was really, really, really stupid to drive a car that powerful with a sticky throttle and just cooking the damn near stock brakes to keep it under control.
    With that out of the way, I dont blame him for crashing, shit happens really fast when you're trying to panic stop, forums have had months to look over decisions he had seconds to make. What I do blame him for is doing a kamikaze on a minivan like they were expendable and just in his way. The least he could have done is sent it either way off the road or even rammed the tree.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Would've been fine with a manual.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

He burned off the brakes he chose to install. I blame him and you should too. Race cars have kill switches. People whose brakes are failing PARK that shit and get towed. He did everything wrong and throttle sticking is HIS fault since correctly assembled throttles do not stick.

I grew up knowing more than those wrenchlet homosexuals as a child.

Every driver that old (I am that old) has zerofrickingexcuse for not building it right or having it built right or failing to drive it right.

Worse, the homosexual failed to fit a hand brake (not a parking brake) despite having piles of money.

He's the type who would leave it in gear since he's the type to ride brakes instead of parking and fixing the problem.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Nah I blame him for surviving that crash. Never a death has been more deserved.

Why didn't he install a manual transmission instead?

From the start he was a homosexual poseur who couples a 1300hp engine with a slushbox.

25. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Wait isn't this accident like a year old, why is it only picking up steam now? I think I even saw Soiyem Hyde react to this on my yt recommended

26. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>20 years
    >200k spent
    >2 ex-wives
    >no collision insurance
    How do boomers get to this stage?

27. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>shitty brakes on a 1300hp 900 lb/ft of torque drag racing death machine
    >lap belts on a large red metal coffin with no crumple zones
    >removed return spring
    >ignored the smell of burning brakes
    >ignored the sticking throttle
    >awful automatic transmission that you cant downshift
    >no manual handbrake
    >slam head first into suv with a family inside
    >"people always say so whatd this cost you, i said 23 years, 208k and 2 wives"
    why did he do all that?

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

moronation + sunk cost

• 2 months ago
      p

>why
      same reason ppl install lifts kits or finance.

28. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>Why didn't he turn the fricking key off?
    Wouldn't your steering lock up if you did?

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Car predates locking columns and I'm sure he had some "trick" aftermarket column anyways.

29. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Lol and look at the seatbelts they were using. Wtf. Bad crash and your face will end up incrusted in the steering shaft.
    moronic boomers got off easy.

30. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I've had a stuck throttle on a motorway entrance (manual transmission), likeliest place to happen because pedal is floored decisively for a while.

Biggest thing was the power steering going away once the engine is turned off. But if you've ever moved your car without power steering you'll realize the extra problem immediately and unless its a huge truck or something you'll have enough adrenaline strength to steer properly. Wasn't really a biggie unfricking the throttle stopped on the side of the road was more dangerous.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *