1. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

auto v6 only

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

V6 automatic
      Less bold styling than the concept
      Limited production.

If they put a hemi v8 (or viper v10) and 5mt or 6mt in there and produced a large number of them they would have sold well. The pt cruiser should have also had RWD and V8

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>If they put a hemi v8 (or viper v10)
        The Magnum V8 that they had at the time didn't make much more power than the V6. It was also too heavy which would've ruined the handling which was the only good thing that the car had going for it. The Viper V10 wouldn't have been able to fit.

>The pt cruiser should have also had RWD and V8
        At that point you may as well make a completely different car and leave the PT as it was. And again, the V8 that Chrysler had at the time really wasn't all that great. You'd basically just end up making the '05 Dodge Magnum, but an even shittier version.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Kind of makes you wish they went balls out and made a bespoke I8, or at least an I6 that would have fit perfectly.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

>The pt cruiser should have also had RWD and V8
          At that point you may as well make a completely different car and leave the PT as it was

No the point that I was speaking of was before they settled on the production design. Chryslers's whole business plan was to import a bunch of Mitsubishi, build a bunch of 4 cylinder FWD automatic shitboxes, and some trucks/SUVs but they should have envisioned better cars with rwd, MT, L6/ v8 and good styling.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

imagine pasting those headlights there and being like yep this will history

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>No the point that I was speaking of was before they settled on the production design.
            Bro, the Pronto Cruizer concept was basically just a foreign market Neon underneath. That shit had a 1.6L engine. I'd take the production PT Cruiser over that heap any day.

2. 2 months ago
    Gears

It was a toy car aiming at hot-rod enjoyers, an audience that prefered to just build their own toy, all things considered.
    The drivetrain being a rather heretical choice to that small audience didn't exactly help to get the few people who might've liked the looks to spend that much money.

3. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>11 kb jpg

4. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>Make a car that pays tribute to the hot rods of old
    >Put a fricking V6 in it.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

What the frick were they thinking? They already were making a uncompromising niche vehicle with looks like that so why not just go all the way?

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Likely they ran out of money and had a hard price limit. It might have been a more moronic move than the Aztek. A V8 with a stick and that thing would have sold really well. A V8 with an auto as well it would have sold extremely well.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Laws, man.
        They exist.
        A production vehicle is required to have integral bumpers.

5. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Everyone who liked them cut their balls off with rusty garden shears and then went bankrupt due to the medical expenses.

6. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Pseudo hot rod styling looks fricking horrendous.

7. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Because they sold them under the Plymouth nameplate and then axed the company.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

No they sold them after it too.

https://i.imgur.com/Os4tqIh.jpg

The real reason was that it was never intended to be a long term permanent model, it was a test case to see what would be needed to be produced an aluminum bodied car.

In so many terms its more like the LFA where the engineering that was learned was more important than if the car sold or not.

8. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

i see 2 or 3 of these at least once a year in southern NJ. i thought they made the prototype with a v8 or a v10?

9. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

V6 only, no V8.
    Imagine if SRT had gotten to work on Prowlers like they did with the Charger/Challenger.

10. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Looks moronic

11. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

You have to think who this was marketed to. 12 year olds and older boomers. people into hotrods from the 30s who were of age/money and could get one. so, think older boomers. the dudes 80 years old now. they would have been late 50s early 60s when this was available.

I don't think it was a v6 issue honestly. The idea that it was auto only and they gave no fricks about the engine shows it was all about design and catered to that demographic that wanted garage queens with a warranty and dealership doing the oil changes. take it to a car show or some cruise with your wife of 40 years and 'you're in'. real car guys wouldn't buy such shit. its for tryhard boomers who wear crew socks and a golf shirt and cant operate a 3rd pedal. the purple color is hotrod and edgy and they have a framed poster of it in their attached drywalled garage.

12. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

AFAIK, they actually sold pretty well, despite the v6. But the v6 really did limit it, if it had even been a turbo or TT v6 even, it would have had more of a future. What it DID do, (along with the viper), was cement Mopar as the company that bring concepts to life, and to keep reeling buyers into showrooms.

13. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

V6 with an automatic. Everyone wanted a V8 with a stick. Leno just put out a video about one with Chip Fuse who penned the concept that got the car started.
    I love the look of one, especially without the bumpers on it. However I'd rather LS swap it and throw a stick in it.

14. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Nigel Thornberry

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *