Why didnt they give it a solid front axle?

Why didnt they give it a solid front axle?

Mike Stoklasa's Worst Fan Shirt $21.68

A Conspiracy Theorist Is Talking Shirt $21.68

Mike Stoklasa's Worst Fan Shirt $21.68

1. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Because IFS drives and steers much much better on the road, as well as moderate trails.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

But its a dedicated off roader? Thats literally the point of it, otherwise get a cuckover

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Dedicated off roader? Like a side by side or rock crawling buggy that has to get towed in a flat bed to the trailhead?

Yeah I'm sure that would sell like hot cakes. So many genius business strategists on DA.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

>Yeah I'm sure that would sell like hot cakes
          People are buying wranglers left and right

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

your wrangler owner sir

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

your IFS trash sir

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

You can't afford either so why are you obsessing about it

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

cope however you wish

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

get it right Black person i would rather own the other ford trash

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>a bong honda element

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>an angry bong Honda element

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Looks exactly like a Honda Element while also being less capable than a Honda Element.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

This isn't even because of IFS though, it's just shitty tie rods, something that happens to Wranglers plenty too. (In fact it's arguably even worse there because their tie rod is a bar all the way across the front of the axle where it can run into stuff, there's a reason pretty much everybody does aftermarket ones as one of their first upgrades.)

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>Jeeps attract women
            That must be why you're so adverse to them

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

This is primarily a commuter vehicle, as is the Jeep Wrangler. Dedicated offroad vehicles are nothing like these. You can get a side by side or UTV for like $10k new and they'll go way more places than a giant ass road car.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

The problem with UTVs/SxS'/whatever you wanna call them is they're built like cheap Chinese toys to keep their prices so low. Like Jeeps they have a lot of good features that lend for offroad improvement, and yeah you can build them up quite a bit with aftermarket shit - but at that point you're gonna dump so much money into them you'll effectively have spent the same amount of money for a noisy, cold, very uncomfortable car

t. Moab resident. I've seen easily 100 of these frickers broke down in various ways. Granted a good portion of the time it's the drivers fault - like Jeeps morons get them while still bone stock and think they're capable of anything, trash them as hard and they can and immediately frick up something major

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Don't be a moron. You know it's not a dedicated off-roader. The vast majority of these things will never get more off-road than a graded dirt road leading to an overpriced camp site.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>But its a dedicated off roader?

Trips were wasted for this stupidity. No, its not a dedicated offroader. Its supposed to appeal to dumbasses who think it can offroad, think Cybercuck but without being a complete homosexual, just bi.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

It's a dedicated larp machine like all financed "off road" vehicles. Real trail rigs are not something you want to commute to work with.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

I beg to differ. You can build a Wrangler out on 40s and tons that's still okay on road. The question is how hard you abuse your rig. If you're bashing your shit off trees like a moron, of course you don't want to daily it. A well built and well driven trail rig can be perfectly fine in regular traffic. The test of a true trail rig is in its ability to surmount difficult trails. Having a body damaged piece of shit with a junkyard 14 bolt and 5.3 Vortec is just a sign that you lack the patience or skill to do trails without fricking your shit up.

My wife and I went cross country hitting trails in 38 states. I pulled a camper with our truck and she followed in her Wrangler. We put 17,000 miles on it and all we fricked up were her rock rails and winch.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/mAfYXhV.jpg

Oh I didn't know you were talking about an actual event
          That's pretty hilarious. XJs in themselves are hardly worth a damn unless you swap axles and throw those Dana30/35s in the dumpster where they belong and reinforce the "frame" rails

Only autistic man children want to crawl over a rock with their little baby toys.
          IFS is superior in EVERY other situation

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

then why did it get mogged by a 20 year old unibody lmao

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Did I mention these man children don't know how to read?

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Wrong
            Had this happen to me from a gravel road with a couple potholes

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>anecdotal
            Sucks to suck.
            I've offroaded the frick out of MR2s, Corollas, and various subarus. No issues. Even jumped a GL wagon. Never broken anything.
            >implying SFA doesn't break
            They do a lot too. Especially jeeps

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>that doesn't count that anecdotal
            >proceeds to list anecdotal evidence
            lmao even

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

> offroading a CJ
            absolutely patrician

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Nobody ever said a stock Jeep is good, they just have good features and serve as a good platform to start, like approach/break over/departure angles, winch placement options, big wheel wells, flat panels, etc. But anyone thats been around them for any length of time will tell you stock shit like Dana 30s and Dana 35s are garbage and rip off linkage mounts like no tomorrow. Which is why 90% of XJs and YJs are one one tons
            Same goes for Suzukis and Rzrs. Regard

The problem with UTVs/SxS'/whatever you wanna call them is they're built like cheap Chinese toys to keep their prices so low. Like Jeeps they have a lot of good features that lend for offroad improvement, and yeah you can build them up quite a bit with aftermarket shit - but at that point you're gonna dump so much money into them you'll effectively have spent the same amount of money for a noisy, cold, very uncomfortable car

t. Moab resident. I've seen easily 100 of these frickers broke down in various ways. Granted a good portion of the time it's the drivers fault - like Jeeps morons get them while still bone stock and think they're capable of anything, trash them as hard and they can and immediately frick up something major

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

I live in the central American third world and have roads that leave South American third worlders in awe of how bad they are. You blow out a low profile tire and bend a rim at 20 mph on the highway if you hit a standard pothole. Only drunk people and Americans drive straight.

Generally the first thing to go wrong on any car suspension/steering is the inner tie rod ends if you drive carefully. You done fricked up and hit something HARD to do that.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>it's better at everything except the thing it was advertised for

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

"dedicated off roaders" are gay and moronic

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>But its a dedicated off roader?
        I swear the people on this board get dumber every day

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>dedicated off roader
        No. It's a car for girls and meme influencers. A stock bronco being offroad is as likely as a stock supra being offroad.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

I see quite a few of them on trails, more than I do driving around in town. Maybe try going outside.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Because Ford is fricking moronic and thought they could take some of Jeeps market share of Mall Crawlers. They thought they could cut corners on capability and get the crowd that don't wheel, but failed to understand that the Wrangler is an institution with a cult-like following that won't easily move from the brand. So they built a subpar piece of shit that can't wheel worth a frick and only sell to Boomers and white women married to Fordgays that refuse to let their wives buy a Chrysler product.

>moderate trails
      The things break CV axles trying to get over a curb. They're bout as capable as a Toyota Camry. Absolute fricking dogshit cars.

They compromised leaning towards lighter weight and better road manners knowing it would mostly be women driving them and people wouldn’t do any serious off roading.

It’s a jeep competitor in looks but not in performance, honestly a smart move on their part because they’re right, nobody is gonna actually use these things off road.

>lighter weight
      They're fatter than a Wrangler with worse proportions and aerodynamics.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>refuse to let their wives buy a Chrysler product
        Why would you let any family member buy Italian garbage?

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

>Italian garbage
          American engine and american running gear with either a jap or german gearbox.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

So much worse than the Chinesium Ford builds their dogshit out of.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

The Bronco has a choice of a minivan engine (They wouldn’t even use the obvious choice of the Ranger transmission) or a Chinese transmission from a low quality brand.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

So much worse than the Chinesium Ford builds their dogshit out of.

>Italian garbage
            American engine and american running gear with either a jap or german gearbox.

kek seething shitskins

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Whiter than u mohamed

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

post car and hand

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Meant minivan transmission

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

I was shocked when I found out it wasn't the Ranger transmission, especially given how much more trouble there's been with the light-duty version it has. I also wonder if the transfer case is worse as well, it's got auto 4WD so it's definitely not the Ranger unit.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

*cheaper

>cut corners
        >cheaper
        You know independant suspension universally costs more in both development costs and construction than a live axle, right?

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

All that R&D and they still had to sell tie rod upgrade kits

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Cutting corners in that context doesn't refer to cost savings. They cut corners in performance capability. Point of fact, it would have cost them more in R&D to fit a Dana 44 or other live axle up front because Ford, again, is moronic and didn't have a single vehicle utilizing live front axles except for Super Duty trucks. So, even in regards to cost savings, Ford cheaped out and cut corners in R&D, deliberately eschewing off road capability because it would have cost more for their moronic, decade long boondoggle development on that turd to fit a solid front axle when they could just rob the IFS setup of a yuro model already in production.

Yes, Ford cut corners. They cheaped out and delivered a piece of shit.

And they still sell a shit ton of them because their most popular use casr is 16 year old girls driving to school and tyrones section 8 apartment

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

From what I've seen it's more like 30-something male office worker types who picked the DA larp tech tree instead of the Tesla techbro one.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

I live in a wealthy neighborhood and I see a metric shitton of Broncos and Raptors. Not a single one of them ever goes offroad. Hell, I've never even seen the slightest bit of dirt on any of them.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Shit ton is relative. They're still absolutely fricking dwarfed in sales by the Wrangler and, mark my fricking words, there will be a decline in those sales in the next couple years as owners continue to get fed up with the shit build quality and turn others away from them. Ford will discontinue the Bronco by 2026 and Wrangler will remain the undisputed king of the segment because it sells to Becky easier. All her girlfriends have Wranglers, so she's going to get one, too. It doesn't matter if Brad hates Jeep. She's a strong independent white woman and she can always divorce him, take little Grayson and Jaxon, and use the alimony to get herself a Sahara.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

You forgot the part where the kids are clearly black but the husband is still convinced they are his.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Cuckposters belong in mass graves

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

It's a bit hard to make a comparison there, though, because Bronco sales are really limited by production capacity and not demand. You pretty much never see them sitting unsold on a lot unless it's a Raptor marked up into the stratosphere or something like that. Ford had all the issues with the roof, then the chip shortage, and then the factory going on strike for months, so there's never really been a time when they were being produced at full scale.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

It’s not a good truck, it will never be good at off roading more than some light trails to a camping spot.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

It's no Honda Pilot. That's for sure.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

That's kinda ridiculous, tons of people are out there getting through serious stuff in IFS 4Runners, LCs, various trucks, etc. It might not hang with a Wrangler or a built XJ on big rocks but it's on par with pretty much every other popular off-road platform and has some advantages over most, like fitting 35"s stock while most other IFS vehicles need mods for 33"s. If only Ford hadn't massively underspecced the tie rods it'd be pretty damn good out of the box.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Bigger tires ain’t gonna help your lacking suspension

That jeep is on the stock axles in that video, completely mogging the highly modded bronco on 40whatevers

It’s a cheap ass XJ bro, the point is it completely mogged the modded to hell bronco and cruised up shit that it struggled and eventually even rolled over on with a fricking WOMAN driving

?si=-DXiRq4VapIC6qEd

33s vs 40s and the 33s blew them the frick out

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

No one is doing "serious stuff" in IFS Toyotas unless they've converted to SFA or have tens of thousands into a long travel setup.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Probably better off road than whatever you've got.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

That's a cope. Production has stopped being an issue for them. My local Ford dealership is sitting on a dozen of them, at least. Meanwhile, every Jeep dealership rotates stock endlessly. There are no 2023 model Jeeps on lots still selling new. There's also massive turnover on old models for new ones. It was moronic of them to come into this market. Toyota couldn't do it and Ford got their ass handed to them by Chrysler with the Challenger muscling into the Mustang's segment. They learned absolutely nothing and thought they could coast on name recognition but Jeep is older and more respected.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Yeah last time I grabbed parts at the dealer I walked past like 5 broncos just to get to the parts counters. I think they missed the mark somehow, I was super hyped when it was announced - to the point that I was playing with the build your own tool the day it launched. Couldn't build one I liked (no v8, 7 speed only paired to 4 pot, no sasquatch package with manual, no remote start with the manual, etc.) and the prices were just silly. When I first heard about them it was supposed to start at like $27k, which was a little steep but I figured well equipped would sticker in $30s and once the initial hype settled and they wanted to deal I could get one I liked otd low 30s. What has actually transpired so far has been laughably far off of that, and my interest in one is all but dead. Maybe in a decade I'll get a mechanic's special for under $10k.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Same here, I was hyped we were finally getting a decent offroader that fixed the Jeep issues, namely quality and lack of decent engine. That was not the case

Pre-production trucks were previewed with cracked dash panels in official photos.

Engines choices were dog slop and the long awaited V8 never came, I think the forums lost over half of the members at that point because they became a ghost town. The rest of the people circle-jerked the ecobooms as if the whole world didn’t know what flaming piles of shit they are.

Explorer Transmission which had tons of recalls and was severely undersized even compared to the Ranger transmission. Or choose a Chinese manual from the same company that brought you the Mustang Getrag clusterfrick.

Complete focus on suspension which meant basically no payload and no towing capacity.

If you didn’t buy a certain set of options you got a front differential the size of a Miata differential.

Sasquatch couldn’t be had with a manual at first because???

First year only roof because frick those guys.

I didn’t think the price was especially bad if it weren’t for the underwhelming engine options.

Couldn’t Fullfill hardly any orders.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Cutting corners in that context doesn't refer to cost savings. They cut corners in performance capability. Point of fact, it would have cost them more in R&D to fit a Dana 44 or other live axle up front because Ford, again, is moronic and didn't have a single vehicle utilizing live front axles except for Super Duty trucks. So, even in regards to cost savings, Ford cheaped out and cut corners in R&D, deliberately eschewing off road capability because it would have cost more for their moronic, decade long boondoggle development on that turd to fit a solid front axle when they could just rob the IFS setup of a yuro model already in production.

Yes, Ford cut corners. They cheaped out and delivered a piece of shit.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

This. Ffs they could've used a Ford 9 and it would've been totally acceptable

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

*cheaper

2. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

They compromised leaning towards lighter weight and better road manners knowing it would mostly be women driving them and people wouldn’t do any serious off roading.

It’s a jeep competitor in looks but not in performance, honestly a smart move on their part because they’re right, nobody is gonna actually use these things off road.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Stock for stock they actually have more front suspension travel than a Wrangler.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

One with 30k in mods got mogged by a stock XJ on 33s in Moab, the bronco struggled on stuff the XJ just crawled right up (with a 16 year old woman diving) the bronco even rolled on something the XJ crawled right up.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

>MOAB
          >33s
          Lmao 40s are nearly the standard out here, which is why you hardly see any IFS - and the rigs you do see with IFS avoid everything even slightly difficult so they don't break their CVs or ball joints

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

It’s a cheap ass XJ bro, the point is it completely mogged the modded to hell bronco and cruised up shit that it struggled and eventually even rolled over on with a fricking WOMAN driving

?si=-DXiRq4VapIC6qEd

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Oh I didn't know you were talking about an actual event
            That's pretty hilarious. XJs in themselves are hardly worth a damn unless you swap axles and throw those Dana30/35s in the dumpster where they belong and reinforce the "frame" rails

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

That jeep is on the stock axles in that video, completely mogging the highly modded bronco on 40whatevers

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

dued ur jeep cuck gets fricked over by a disco 2
            lol

?si=0ifEW4II0WDncHTk

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

We've been over this already, try to keep up

Hells Revenge is literally nothing, just nerve racking is all but its still just a big hill. Ffs Kia took their cuckover up one for a commercial
            Moab Motorsports will drive up it in reverse without a spotter to show people how easy it is

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

?si=-DXiRq4VapIC6qEd

Stop talking like a Black person.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Yeah, stock.
        Now see the difference with only $1000-2000 in mods thrown in.
        Solid axle doesn't sacrifice anything, what you put it is what you get out. But double wishbone is a push and pull, and unless you drop serious money on long travel you'll be stuck with that ~9 inches of travel.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

So you end up with 4" of clearance on the bound

3. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

my coworker has one of these. it was pretty funny when he called in because of the snow. and he supposedly has the most capable snow driving vehicle in the parking lot.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

4wd isn't for getting to work, it's for getting home.

4. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

DA cannot afford it so they hate it. The golden rule of DA.

5. 2 months ago
    p

Do u really need ur vehicle to larp?
    99.9% of these will never leave the mall parking lot let alone see dirt let’s be honest

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

They don't go home?

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

There's a saying about Harleys that's probably applicable to most American vehicles.
        Over 90% of Harley-Davidson are still on the roads today, the rest actually made home.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Except any motorcycle mechanic knows that's a meme not reality. HDs haven't been really problematic for a very long time, early 2000s Twin Cam chain tensioner shoes excepted.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

They'll go camping once right when they get it then maybe once a year for 1-2 more years. But they won't even need the offroad capability as they'll stay on the paths. Paths are fricking roads, my old Nissan Sentra could get around on paths, granted it was an 06 so before manufacturers started cucking ground clearance.

6. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Do you really expect them to last? When was the last time you’ve seen the last generation Taurus?

7. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

who cares theyre lemons

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

This. Ecoboost turds that are exclusively driven by grrrrrllll power women. Swear to Jesus I’ve never seen a male driving one

8. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

The independent suspension isn't nearly as much of a killer for me as these stupid fricking D pillars are
    Like that's what made Broncos so cool originally, the shit was completely open

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Meh, it’s got a nice angle to it. You should look into the Murano convertible.

9. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Because it's a rebodied Ranger

10. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

offroading and offroad vehicles (real and LARPs) are so gay lmao

11. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

i swear you're all braindead

it's extremely simple:
    >give the customer what they want
    you think you know Ford's target market as well as Ford does? Ford knew 1% of these would ever drive on anything but pavement just like Jeep knows 1% of their dogshit will ever hit a trail

these are standard cuckovers designed for and marketed to doesn't-even-own-a-screwdriver tier wrenchlet lifestyle consumers such as
    >lesbians
    >teenage girls
    >teenage boys
    whose parents have some aversion to Jeep
    e.g. fat old boomer neighbor bought one for his kid cause he's a Fordgay, daily drives a Raptor (sits in driveway 99% of the time like every other Raptor in existence lmao)

who buys an offroad-intended vehicle for daily on-road use? people who had no parents and most certainly were never beaten when they needed beating

12. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

"sports" "utility" vehicle sisters, our response?

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>car drives up a hill
      Wow, surely breaking news
      Now take it on Coyote Canyon or Pritchett

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

%3D

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Hells Revenge is literally nothing, just nerve racking is all but its still just a big hill. Ffs Kia took their cuckover up one for a commercial
          Moab Motorsports will drive up it in reverse without a spotter to show people how easy it is

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

The unemployed panther chad confuses and frightens the Wrangler office wagie.

13. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Why don't trophy trucks have a solid front axle?

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Long travel multi-link =/= factory travel double wishbone

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Why don't they ever do anything beyond driving fast on a semi flat road?

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>semi-flat
        well that's one way of putting it

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Literally the average forest service road in Washington

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>muh trophy trucks/ultra-4
      These posts always crack me up cause IFS gays see this and go "wow it's just like my 4Runner!"

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

No different than you thinking your stock SFA is the same as a long travel kit on a buggy.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

I don't tho? Even then, the difference is to get there I have to spend 1/10th of the money and effort
          Keep coping lmao

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

cope however you wish

Poor, has some beat up shitbox, thinks he's superior.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Wastes money on IFS trash, works in an office, thinks he's superior

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Most people don't want to autistically drive around on lumber cart suspension just so they can pose with their tire on a rock a couple times a year. They want something that drives nice on the road, is comfortable, and the Bronco does that and it's still very capable off road.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Exactly this. We have another kid on the way, I am planning to get a 4 door Bronco for dad stuff. I live in Colorado and want to do some light off-roading. I think Jeeps drive like shit for a daily, and I want a manual so the 4Runner is out.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Beat up?

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>pencil thin axles sitting on leafs
            lmao

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Dana44 tubes and shafts
            If they can handle >4000lb trucks with 37s just fine they can handle 2500lbs on 33s

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Just yanken yer chain fren.

Very cool Jeep. Much rather have your than a nu jeep. What engine? An AMC v8?

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Thanks mane, it has the 258 with a 4.0 head but actually getting swapped in the coming years. Can't decide between a Chev small block like a 350 or to get a 4.6 Golen. Small block would be nice cause it's simpler and bigger but idk something about large displacement 6 cylinders just speaks to me

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Keep an eye on that trans return line, many a CJ have gone up in flames because of it

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Oh I do, that's a big reason why I wanna swap. Absolutely moronic design

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

post car and hand

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Won't that bottom out and tear up the whole...everything?

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>Proformance Motorsports
        Those aussies have a pretty neat IFS setup. There's a similar company here in the US by the name of Tubeworks. Both have an annoying lack of info on their IFS diffs and there is surprisingly little discussion about their products, despite how game changing they could be.

Won't that bottom out and tear up the whole...everything?

You'd have to try really hard to get the suspension on a TT to bottom out. Undercarriages are typically completely flat and armored too

14. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>expecting Ford not to drop the ball
    I seriously hope you guys don't do this.

15. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Had to differentiate it from the Wrangler somehow

16. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Imagine buying and installing tie rods that look like this and being surprised when they break.
    I feel sorry for the OEMs for having to deal with 70IQ people like this.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Who the frick thought that tie rod design was good? Jeez that’s fricking moronic, but the fact someone bought it and didn’t realize how moronic it was while they installed it was even more insane.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

The tie rod was deliberately designed to be the weakest link, if you ran with beefed-up tie rods and did this it would frick up the entire steering rack. They make an upgraded steering rack and thicker tie-rods for it but it doesn't come on the base models.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

What?? Why is there a steering rack on an off-road vehicle? Bronco design gets more moronic by the moment.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

why wouldn't you use a rack and pinion?
            >most offroading i've ever done has been the dirt on the driveway

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

They’re weak as frick, expensive to replace, can not be upgraded for larger tires and offer no benefits for those downsides.

Have you ever driven off a paved road?

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Rack and pinion is way stronger than what you're giving credit for. Either way Toyota used bigger tie rods for lighter vehicles like the 2nd and 3rd gen 4runner

17. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>muh ifs is better then solid axle because... TROPHY TRUCKS OKAY??

18. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

"""journalists""" reviewing it would've said negative things about it
    If you think you hate them enough, you don't.
    They'd always harp on simple economy cars having drum rear brakes and a beam axle, now there's no cheap cars left in the market.
    They'd harp on the vette not being mid-engined like its European rivals that it could meet or beat in performance for half the price. Now the vette is mid engined and just as expensive as the competition.

19. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Nobody buys a new Bronco to go crawling, except youtuber gays and trustafarians. Nobody likes or respects either of those crowds.
    Bronco buyers want IFS for superior handling everywhere but the rocks.
    Crawling is gayer than you, it's for people with slow processors and rednecks that need to fit in with other goat fricking idiots that they hang around, drinking beer and feeling tough because they're drunk and five foot ten in boots.
    Going fast is where it's at, I'd rather do 60 down a washboard road in the dez than crawl two miles to nowhere to have a boring conversation with the oversize belt buckle crowd.

20. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Because only serious off-roaders care and not being helpless they modify old vehicles instead.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *