Why do all bottom trim cars suck?

>budget low $30k range
>can't even buy a non-turbo i4 anymore
>Jeep Wrangler doesn't offer it
>Tacoma stopped offering it as of 2023
>both vehicles are standard with gay overstressed turbocharged 4-bangers
>I know for a fact Jeep Wrangler puts e-torque on their 2.0L 4 banger in addition to the turbo, for extra sketchiness
>Your alternator circuit is replaced with this $2k module have fun when it breaks
>Jeep decided that the 0-60 time was worth putting in the e-torque, and you have no choice in the matter if you don't want it
>better hope the modding community can help you get it off if you want reliability, I guess
>meanwhile other option free of charge on the base trim Wrangler is the Pentastar 3.6
>one of the least reliable motors in recent history according to the Car Wizard on YouTube, as bad if not worse than the GM 3.6
>at least Chrysler 3.6 is powerful while it runs
>They scrapped all the good engines they had in favor of this turdstain motor
>Mazda 3 has cylinder deactivation tech on their 4-banger
>I don't even wanna talk about how gay and moronic the Outback has become
>the rest of the market is awash CVT's and disposable 4-cyl turbos
>nowhere left to run
Used to be, I could get a nice solid 4 banger on a budget car. Boomers ruined it. They decided my generation doesn't deserve a nice 4 banger for a reasonable price. And yes, the Corolla is cool but I wanted something that can actually offroad.

Ape Out Shirt $21.68

Yakub: World's Greatest Dad Shirt $21.68

Ape Out Shirt $21.68

1. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

If you don't like turbochargers you should use the bus

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

What if the bus is equipped with a turbocharger?

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>use the bus
      i live in USA so i cant

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Kys moron.

2. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

car wizard knows less than nothing, the pentastar is one of the best engines in the world and is drop dead reliable. there was a very short run of bad parts in the mid 2010s but none of the problems the pentastar used to be known for happen anymore. the other issue with it is that it's usually attached to some of the shittiest most abused cars owned by some of the dumbest people so it gets an unfairly bad rap for putting up with extreme neglect to the point of failure.
    however, avoid the e-torque. not because the unit is unreliable, but because the turbo 4 and pentastar were never designed for start-stop and will get worn out by it.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>pentastar were never designed for start-stop
      Can you disable gay start-stop bullshit on the Pentastar?

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

if you have the right diagnostic tools you can permanently disable it
        honestly, it doesn’t work half the time in my wife’s Cherokee anyway. you have to be driving for almost half an hour to get it to actually turn on lol

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

>the right diagnostic tools
          all you need is alfaobd

>pentastar were never designed for start-stop
          Can you disable gay start-stop bullshit on the Pentastar?

just dont buy the hybrid
          another consideration is that the pentastar is built is two locations: trenton, mi and saltillo, mx. ironically it's the mexican engine that is the best, as this plant also builds the hemis. most jeeps get a trenton engine, except the wrangler sport which shares the mexican engine line with the lx cars.

https://www.allpar.com/threads/chrysler-pentastar-v6-and-wge-four-engine-number-decoding-2013.229955

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Thanks for the tip about alfaobd

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>drop-dead reliable
      CLACK-CLACK-CLACK-CLACK-CLACK-CLACK-CLACK-CLACK-CLACK-CLACK-CLACK-CLACK-CLACK-CLACK-

HEY IT'S YOUR ROCKER ARMS HEY HEY CAN YOU EVEN HEAR ME

CLACK-CLACK-CLACK-CLACK-CLACK-CLACK-CLACK-CLACK-CLACK-CLACK-CLACK-CLACK-CLACK-CLACK-CLACK-CLACK-CLACK-CLACK-CLACK-CLACK-CLACK-CLACK-CLACK-CLACK-CLACK-CLACK-CLACK-CLACK-CLACK-CLACK-CLACK-CLACK-CLACK-CLACK-CLACK-CLACK-CLACK-CLACK-

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

no i can't because i am not a Black person and change my oil when the car tells me to

meanwhile at bmw:
        >literally everything is plastic because frick you and leaks on a schedule
        >crankshaft bearings every 80k
        >radar dipstick
        >plastic drain plug

and people think this is "fine" but when chrysler has a plastic coolant tube somewhere its the end of the fricking world
        kys wrenchlet

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Nta I'm OP but who even compares Chrysler to BMW? We all know BMW is worse and less reliable. Even GM and VW are better than BMW, and they don't exactly have the best rep. Jettas have had plastic oil pans for almost 20 years, so if you drive over a curb you need a new motor. At least VW has a rich modding market with good parts like metal oil pans.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>drop-dead reliable
      HEY IT'S YOUR OIL COOLER I'M FRICKING LEAKING BECAUSE YOU CRACKED ME FROM PUTTING THE FILTER CAP ON 10% TOO HARD YOU SON OF A b***h

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

it's actually a common scam to say this when nothing is wrong because it's a high-dollar, relatively easy job. look at the way it's made, who would know?
        when you remove the filter it's natural for a little oil to dribble down and pool in that spot, and greedy techs will point at this, show the customer and say the cooler is shot when it actually isn't. the dorman replacement is leaky too and that gets comebacks and more $.
        i just had a buddy almost get scammed this way on his charger, luckily he came to me and i showed him what to look for. luckily he has a dead spider corpse chilling out in the spot where the oil dribbles, i saw it when i changed his oil last time. if there was a real leak there would be enough oil in there to move spider bro. but also there was no oil around the heat exchanger, just in the front around the cartridge.

pentastar's problems are completely overblown, dunno if it's a media smear campaign or the repair industry will say anything for a buck, but the few serious problems it's had have been worked out long ago. they simply don't break unless you go fricking with fragile parts like an ape or just don't ever maintain it. idocars on youtube has several entertaining teardowns of pentastars in several states of self-disassembly and in basically all of them the engine died of criminal levels of neglect combined with careless driving, not any of these supposed serial problems that every single engine is alleged to have.

personally i have a pentastar powered car that lived 100,000 miles in texas, 80,000 of which was for a rental company, 20,000 some random black mom in dallas, then i buy it and do another 80,000 miles, driving the absolute pants off it, winding it out, smacking the rev limiter, skidding up and down mountains every day for like 4 years straight now.
        my engine does not tick. it does not clack. the injectors are quite noisy and the upper idler pulley's bearing can make a very concerning noise but the engine is butter.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Checked. There's a bunch of Chryslerchads who regularly drive Chryslers harder and longer than Toyotas. If you know them, they can be durable as all hell. Assuming they're not factory defective. Which is the reason i wanna buy new. I can keep track of the car its entire life.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

this broke clown financed a piece of garbage and still defending it. The pentastar has a class action against it.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

A class action for the 2011 roller bearing frick up that also damaged Hemis.
            A class action lawsuit that has been going on for....over 10 years without a result.

Who cares what lawyers think? Stop grasping at straws and personally attacking. Your smear campaign against the Pentastar is fruitless, Mary Barra.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

"Drop dead" as in the motor drops dead at the worst possible time

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

that is basically the chrysler way
        my crank position sensor went out a while back. cheap, common, easy fix.
        DIAGNOSING that though hahaha oh man
        thing got weird and cut out when hot and the only symptom was that the engine would just fricking randomly die. no code. no nothing. only figured out what it was after chasing the phantom codes caused by an intermittent cps signal. the car would start and run no problem as long as you didn't park it and let it sit for a very specific window of time.
        even when it finally shit itself the car still fricking ran with no cps sensor in 3rd gear, and i got home and replaced the bastard finally.

E-torque is just a big alternator for start stop

problem is on pentastars there is technically no anti drainback valve as adb function is accomplished by having leftover oil in the filter cartridge make a hydrostatic seal, the functionality of which starts to decay as the plastic filter media gets old and deforms. the filter media forms part of the adb valve and bypass valve and so on the e-torque system, the constant stop start +heat/100psi pounds the shit out of the thin plastic and eventually it's an unfiltered oil system most of the time because the filter's been warped so that the bypass no longer seals. oops there go your cams.
        overtorquing the cartridge can also damage the filter media, but only cheap old style filters.
        most of the newer stock oil filters i'm seeing have an addition of a central spinning cage to which the bypass valve is attached, and the filter media itself spins freely around it. this seems to have fixed the issue of the parts deforming, my filters come out nice and straight.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

>the engine would just fricking randomly die
          I had this nightmare experience with an early generation GM 3.6L v6 on a Cadillac CTS. The car was great, but the motor wasn't. Every part of it was awesome except the motor and how much everything cost. Anyway, the motor was randomly dying and on those things that means the timing's about to blow the frick out. I spent crazy energy chasing this issue that threw no codes. None of my mechanics would trace the phantom codes. Started getting misfires and got rid of it. It would buck hard at idle. I hate that motor with a passion now. Insane to believe GM still makes them, with that ridiculous design. 3 timing chains? Come on. And they have plastic guides. So what I'm saying is, no matter how bad the Chrysler 3.6 may get alleged to be, it cannot come near the GM 3.6 in terms of moronation.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

on the chrysler the engine will misfire and throw cam/crank correlation codes if the timing is actually going bad. it will run until it physically can't. the pentastar has only two timing chains and they share the crank with the pump chain instead of the GM design where the pump chain is driven by the crank which then drives the cam chains thru separate idlers for some idiotic reason. chain guides are still plastic but they are coated with a special polyamide called stanyl hgr-1 since 2016 that seems to be some really tough shit and the timing system is known to go for 600k already.

the big issue is cooling
            chrysler lets the engines run very hot to get good emissions compliance, the pentastar has a "thermal management system" in the ecu that uses exhaust gases running thru the integrated manifold heads to warm up the coolant, and then that coolant warms the oil that is flowing to the heads, and also the transmission fluid thru the radiator, so that ideally the entire car comes up to temperature all at once and is in its most efficient state during the epa testing cycle. but it requires a very precisely calibrated and reliable thermostat that opens precisely at a specified temperature and realistically most of 'em don't really do that, especially after the car gets a lotta miles. on my car the stock thermostat failed, and there were no codes or warnings, just that the needle was a single pixel above normal. in trying to replace the t-stat with napa/autozone/etc parts, i only got more "sticky" t-stats that would work normally for a while and eventually start the cycle again. the only things that worked right were the OE mopar tstat and the mishimoto/ripp 180 degree one, that i have in now. no issues for years.
            i think a lot of normal people just let 'em go. they will run hot no problem, but they eat their own oil. then they run dry and eat cams. the only low-oil warning is a 4000 rpm revlimit. no code, no idiot light. they run happily into the ground.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

So you're saying the Pentastar doesn't have an oil light or an oil pressure gauge?

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

As a matter of fact it does have a digital oil pressure gauge but there are seemingly no warning lights for low oil, or at least I have never seen them.If the pump sucks air it imposes a 4k rpm revlimit but continues to run with no complaints.
            There is also a temp/RPM based oil life meter but this can be reset by the driver easily.

The car wizard is a wise gentleman who hates all the same motors I hate. He's right about the things he says.
            >5.4 Triton is worst Ford v8, but he describes mods that can fix it and how to do preventative maintenance so it doesn't blow up, which correlated with my existing knowledge so I know he's right
            >he hates the GM 3.6 with a passion just like I do, and just like other mechanics I know
            >he talks about how he fixes the Chrysler 3.6 all the time and gets rich doing it, because they blow all the time
            >he advises you to get a Toyota instead of a Chevy
            >he has experience working on exotic crazy shit
            The only issue I have with Car Wizard is just that thing about promoting the Lexus LS series, when I personally dislike that Toyota v8. It's overrated as frick. Lincoln Town cars are better. He's definitely not FUDDlore, he's a great channel.

The Pentastar does not "blow" Car Wizard does a sloppy oil change and then claimed the dribblings are a leaky oil cooler, either that or he's breaking oil coolers himself.

3. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

meanwhile the rest of o reached a consensus that almost no one should even have a car

4. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Tesla Model 3 RWD is pretty awesome. Faster than a Dodge Charger and more luxurious than an equivalent Audi or BMW.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Yeah no im not buying a car that acts like a vending machine after I buy it. That's a cancerous trend that needs to die.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

There's nothing in a Tesla you have to pay for after you buy it.
        People like the data service for the internet streaming and crap like that, but it isn't necessary. You can just use bluetooth from your phone.
        The maps and charger info update over wifi too, so the only thing you need the data service for is the live traffic updates, but that's useless if you aren't sitting in traffic in a major city regularly.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

>There's nothing in a Tesla you have to pay for after you buy it.
          You must be a Tesla company shill. Because you do gotta pay to use the heated seats.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

I think you're confusing Tesla with BMW there.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

BMW doesn't charge for heated seats ya moron, how can u call yourself a car enthusiast

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Not yet they don't. Actually, I hear they do now. That's totally a BMW thing to do.

Bottom trim cars suck because they dont make money.

Automakers now make the most money on all the higher trims and options, it's why during the pandemic automakers were making record profits basically

https://www.theautopian.com/trimflation-explaining-why-automakers-raised-prices-so-much-in-the-pandemic/

How does that even make sense? Luxury goods don't make as much cash total as staple goods.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>fairlady Z
            Based. Frick getting a new car, OP, get this instead it's cheaper and will be more satisfying to drive (at least until your floor rusts out from under you)

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

18/month for bmw heated seats. fricking shill jogger. your 1998 bmw isn't the discussion.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

That's very much an option. Take the down payment of 6-8k and buy something halfway decent, like a used 1500 or a charger.

[...]
            Ah yes, I forgot this detail. Car Wizard actually takes the time to differentiate between what he hates and doesn't. And I think he said something about the 4.6 having kinda similar issues to the 5.4, except the 4.6 has more space for oil to flow or something. Gotta be honest, I've owned a 4.6 in 3v and 4v, and they were both stellar motors. With Ford it's the body, suspension, fuel pumps, and wiring that go bad. Ford usually doesn't have motor issues. 5.4 is a bit of an outlier because of its design. They had more severe size constraints on the 5.4, which made it harder to work on and more prone to failure. Although if I understand correctly, any 5.4 can be kept alive if you just give it mystery oil from the get-go. At any rate, thank God that Ford scrapped that awful motor. Only on a 5.4 can the plugs get so tight that it takes a day to remove them.

hmmm might as well pull up the videos for reference while we're here, for anyone following along the discussion:

[Embed]

[Embed]

%3D [Embed]

[...]
            oh I fricking called it. "It's a BMW thing to do". Totally is, and they're charging more than Tesla. BMW needs to go out like Pontiac. Car Wizard isn't unreasonable for using BMW as the ultimate standard for reprehensibility.

gay Black person homosexuals not into cars except for the ones in uncle jo's scrap yard

https://www.forbes.com/sites/alistaircharlton/2023/09/07/bmw-drops-controversial-heated-seats-subscription-to-refocus-on-software-services/

https://www.theregister.com/2023/09/09/bmw_car_seats/

YOU WILL NEVER DRIVE BMW BECAUSE YOU ARE POOR AS FRICK. ALL MY homieS DRIVE BIMMERS

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Since you're getting hostile, so will I. And I've never owned a BMW, but I've worked on em. I'll start by admitting they look cool with a nice interior, and have athletic handling. And even if I was rich, I would pay not to drive BMW. They're the most fragile thing out there. BMW is the car whose AWD snaps after 1 drift nowadays.

>they dropped paid heated seats
            They decided it was kosher before they realized the goyim weren't gonna stand for it. Company philosophy matters.

>other reasons BMW is cheeks
            Overcomplication for no reason. You cant shift em into neutral if the battery fails. Fragile fricking components justified by weight reduc and cost cutting. Anti-DIY measures to frick the consumer. Mod market is better on VW and so are part costs. Mercedes is superior in every way. Again, I would never drive a BMW. I would legit buy Chrysler first. Hell, I would get just about anything before a BMW.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

I'll never drive a BMW, but it's not because I'm poor. For all of its faults, I'd buy an Alfa Gulia Quad over any BMW. If you gave me a new BMW I'd sell it and put that money towards an AMG SLS. The only service procedure any BMS should ever have done, is being dropped from a helicopter with its Black person leasee strapped in the driver seat.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

I would drive doggone GM before BMW. Yes, seriously.

5. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>buying new
    only utter morons do this

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

The market is fricked up. Older cars literally cost more. 2015 with 0 miles costs more than 2023 with 0 miles.

The last gen accords/current gen TLX have reliable and problem free i4 k series engines. Have you looked at them?

I don't like how they handle. If i went Honda, I'd get the CRV

>trucks and tractors and busses have been using turbos since the dawn of time and regularly run hundreds of thousands of miles or thousands of hours of idle with basic maintenance even when everything else attached to the engine starts breaking
      >but somehow an under stressed turbo in an economy car that still doesn't even put out 100h/l is a ticking time bomb designed to explode the second the warranty ends
      who managed to brainwash DA so effectively?

Turbos can be built to last, but they aren't.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

So buy a 2015 with more than 0 miles you fricking autist.
        >inb4 another goalpost move
        Then buy nothing and keep crying I guess.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

post from 2021. jogger it's been a buyers market for months now. Base trim vehicles are so they can fudge numbers on ads and for the government and so bird brained women can afford a "new" vehicle very other year.

6. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

The last gen accords/current gen TLX have reliable and problem free i4 k series engines. Have you looked at them?

7. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Volvo V70 XC/XC70. Comfortable interior, decent mileage, turbo 5-cylinder means it can make decent power with a tune, and it doesn't have most of the modern bullshit. Good tires with the AWD and decent ground clearance means it'll be quite capable offroad.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

I wonder how much it costs. And much like a Mazda, I question how rugged it is offroad. I hear Volvo is far from the tank it once was known as. They're acting like they're BMW now, I hear

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

You should be able to get a really good one for 10-15k. They stopped making them a few years after the chinks bought Volvo, so you're not going to run into issues there. A handful of years had transmission issues, but those are fixable, same as the PCV valve. As for durability, they'll probably be just fine offroad as long as you're not a moron, but that goes for everything else. Get an aluminum or steel skid plate and don't worry too much.

8. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>trucks and tractors and busses have been using turbos since the dawn of time and regularly run hundreds of thousands of miles or thousands of hours of idle with basic maintenance even when everything else attached to the engine starts breaking
    >but somehow an under stressed turbo in an economy car that still doesn't even put out 100h/l is a ticking time bomb designed to explode the second the warranty ends
    who managed to brainwash DA so effectively?

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

The pentastar is dependable now and has been for a while assuming you don’t treat it like a Black person would. Car wizard is a fuddlore master lube wienersucker. Being the best car mechanic in Kansas is like being the best sushi chef in Alberta
      They’re diesel. Little different, also they are typically designed from the rip to do all that

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>a bus/truck turbo is the same as a budget shitbox turbo

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Trucks and tractors also have turbo failures, but less often than regular gas cars. When turbo failure occurs in diesel engine it often results to runaway situation with extremely lots of smoke because failed turbo leaks oil into engine cylinders combustion chambers to burn as fuel.

9. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

KRUSTY WANTS OUT

10. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Buy used

11. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Just get a frontier if you want a V6 midsize truck @$30k

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

I just built one and I love the value and traditional design, but it just looks so fricking stupid man. Looks worse than the damn ranger

12. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>na truck
    >not kei truck
    >not a v engine or i6
    literally why

13. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

What car would you buy for your twink bottom bf?

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

What car do you drive?

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

I don't drive, my bf drives me around

14. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

E-torque is just a big alternator for start stop

15. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Bottom trim cars suck because they dont make money.

Automakers now make the most money on all the higher trims and options, it's why during the pandemic automakers were making record profits basically

https://www.theautopian.com/trimflation-explaining-why-automakers-raised-prices-so-much-in-the-pandemic/

16. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>nice solid 4 banger on a budget car
    Mazda. Though I wouldn't try to offroad their CUVs without a skid plate. Still less oil pan overhang than a fricking rav4.

They do indeed make a 4cyl Wrangler but it's a 30k+ vehicle now. This is still primarily a commuter vehicle, if you want to offroad buy a UTV like a Honda Pioneer or Polaris Raptor. $10k and will get you to so much more places than a commuter car you have to worry about fitting on paths, scraping, and damaging. Just bring extra gas cans tied down in the truck bed.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Also consider used shit, you can find a used Wrangler around 20k. A samurai is under 10k but they're absolute hunks of shit, underpowered and rusted out by now.

17. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>Listening to the car wizard
    That man is the epitome of automotive fear mongering when it comes to vehicle reliability

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

The car wizard is a wise gentleman who hates all the same motors I hate. He's right about the things he says.
      >5.4 Triton is worst Ford v8, but he describes mods that can fix it and how to do preventative maintenance so it doesn't blow up, which correlated with my existing knowledge so I know he's right
      >he hates the GM 3.6 with a passion just like I do, and just like other mechanics I know
      >he talks about how he fixes the Chrysler 3.6 all the time and gets rich doing it, because they blow all the time
      >he advises you to get a Toyota instead of a Chevy
      >he has experience working on exotic crazy shit
      The only issue I have with Car Wizard is just that thing about promoting the Lexus LS series, when I personally dislike that Toyota v8. It's overrated as frick. Lincoln Town cars are better. He's definitely not FUDDlore, he's a great channel.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

He certainly has a bit of fuddlore about him. He'll work on top tier Mercedes and etc but absolutely refuse to work on any bmw, he recommends early 2000s GM's with the 3.8 (he's absolutely correct) but did a scare video about "look how much it cost this customer" for doing basic suspension work on an Audi TT of the same age, not even mentioning that the GM will likely need struts etc out of sheer age. I don't even like German cars but he also goes hard into the "don't expect to do any of this by yourself, this can only be done by a true professional" type while also messing up a basic fluid change on a Mercedes SLS

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

the fact that he shits on the benistar because it survives insane abuse with basic maintenance (that he complains about making money doing???) but likes the Merc 3-liter V6 that is literally the same fricking thing with extra German assrape blows my damn mind. dude is a gigawrenchlet meme spouting shitter.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

He has a point about Audi. The way he says it, is that the parts costs are no cheaper for older cars.

>GM will need due to sheer age
          The repair cost on a low end GM brand is always lower, although Buick will always have similar repair costs to Audi. Notice how Car Wizard doesn't shill Cadillac, he shills Buick btw. He's up front and real about the Northstar 32v v8 motor too. I don't see what's to hate about him.

>this can only be done by a true professional
          That's just his mechanic bias. That's the same thing as him saying it costs at least $7k for a motorswap. Just not true. He's gonna say things that mechanics say to make money. That's normal.

the fact that he shits on the benistar because it survives insane abuse with basic maintenance (that he complains about making money doing???) but likes the Merc 3-liter V6 that is literally the same fricking thing with extra German assrape blows my damn mind. dude is a gigawrenchlet meme spouting shitter.

He doesn't shit on the benistar for surviving abuse with basic maintenance. He claims the opposite, that these motors just explode easily due to poor engineering.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>Buick will always have similar repair costs to Audi
            I meant lower. Lower. In USA anyway. Might be similar in Europe, although Buick parts must probably cost less.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>He's up front and real about the Northstar
            >The motor everyone collectively shits on
            They redid the head studs in 2006 but it's bad explicitly because of that achilles heel. The part that people don't like about him is that he complains and is doom and gloom 24/7 about lots of cars people bring in, but if it's a car he kinda likes, then they automatically get a free pass on design issues (him shitting on that TT while owning a beetle turbo S is a good example of this). When in reality people can get away with owning cars that might have a glaring issue (and can often buy them for cheaper because of this) and keep them reliability if they just keep an eye on things. There's just better channels if you want mechanics work imo

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

But the engines don't blow up randomly they put up with the dumbest drivers in some of the hardest driven moron rockets on the road and fail because they are run low on oil and on old coolant with stuck thermostats because nobody was paying attention when the service intervals rolled around.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

5.4 is such a varied engine the 4v is great but his hatred is for the 3v. that would be like saying the 4v 4.6 is as bad as the 3v 4.6. which is completely wrong.

18. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

If you can only afford bottom-tier cars brand new, perhaps you should instead consider a mid-ranged used car that has already suffered it's depreciation.

>You're bad with money

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

That's very much an option. Take the down payment of 6-8k and buy something halfway decent, like a used 1500 or a charger.

5.4 is such a varied engine the 4v is great but his hatred is for the 3v. that would be like saying the 4v 4.6 is as bad as the 3v 4.6. which is completely wrong.

Ah yes, I forgot this detail. Car Wizard actually takes the time to differentiate between what he hates and doesn't. And I think he said something about the 4.6 having kinda similar issues to the 5.4, except the 4.6 has more space for oil to flow or something. Gotta be honest, I've owned a 4.6 in 3v and 4v, and they were both stellar motors. With Ford it's the body, suspension, fuel pumps, and wiring that go bad. Ford usually doesn't have motor issues. 5.4 is a bit of an outlier because of its design. They had more severe size constraints on the 5.4, which made it harder to work on and more prone to failure. Although if I understand correctly, any 5.4 can be kept alive if you just give it mystery oil from the get-go. At any rate, thank God that Ford scrapped that awful motor. Only on a 5.4 can the plugs get so tight that it takes a day to remove them.

hmmm might as well pull up the videos for reference while we're here, for anyone following along the discussion:

[Embed]

[Embed]

%3D [Embed]

18/month for bmw heated seats. fricking shill jogger. your 1998 bmw isn't the discussion.

oh I fricking called it. "It's a BMW thing to do". Totally is, and they're charging more than Tesla. BMW needs to go out like Pontiac. Car Wizard isn't unreasonable for using BMW as the ultimate standard for reprehensibility.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Car wizard, you're a short fat goblin that's also a shit mechanic. Get off my board.

19. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

theres a half dozen crossovers with i4 engines N/A for this price range. Government regulations and people not wanting to get run over in a world of suvs and trucks need something bigger than a car. all this for the same puny 2.0 engine that gets 6 mpg more than a v8.

20. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

[...]

wrong meme sorry, it was supposed to be a Tesla meme, making fun of the softtware update cycle blocking you from driving your gf to the bvll

21. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>discussion devolves to BMW vs Mercedes shitfest
    /o/'s law

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *