Why do Americans drive such huge cars? Ive recently visited the US for the first time.

Why do Americans drive such huge cars?

I’ve recently visited the US for the first time. I saw lots and lots of really big cars on the streets (like Ford Ranger, Chevrolet Silverado and so on), even in big cities! Their trunks were empty in 99% of cases, so it’s not like people are hauling cargo all the time. And there was only one person in the car most of the time.

I checked that the engines on those things are enormous, I can’t imagine how much the gas must cost

It's All Fucked Shirt $22.14

Nothing Ever Happens Shirt $21.68

It's All Fucked Shirt $22.14

1. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Why are Europeans brainwashed to believe "efficiency" is the most important trait in life?
    Tiny cars.
    Tiny apartments.
    Tiny paychecks.
    Why have you accepted a life of "good enough"?

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

This. Efficiency is overrated because too often its just creates more complicated, more computers, more expensive and more frequently failing parts for cars. Also for other things too like heating systems for homes as another example. Europeans are stupid garbage people who also want to ruin America with their false believes on "improvements".

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

We are talking about the same part of the world that made communism a mainstream political ideology. Of course the citizenry would be a bunch of crabs and a bucket always upset at their neighbor having slightly more than them. The same people that like to talk about trucks will also ask you why do you need a 400hp sports car. They'll also talk about your penis or masculinity because they don't understand you just enjoy owning it.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Poverty. Grinding, endless poverty, with which they cope by rather risibly affecting a nebulous cultural superiority.

2. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Fat and compensating for penises they haven't seen in a decade.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Because it’ll be more cozy when we’re homeless duh

Honestly, as an american, I have no idea. It's an obscenely stupid trend

Small penis. Source: me, I drive a single cab pickup truck and have small penis

All pre-programmed responses from bots

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Ev bots walk among us

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

I'm not a bot. Big trucks are too heavy and have a shit center of gravity for central PA backroads and trying to save gas. I would get one of the old land barges because they look cool, but trucks are bought by people that are coping. Usually hicks, usually emasculated suburbanites, usually alcoholics.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>I would get one of the old land barges because they look cool
          So you hate modern trucks but you want something that’s even heavier, less comfortable and gets worse fuel economy? I don’t see your logic

3. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

The CAFE standards give more lenient fuel efficiency requirements for larger cars, so whenever auto makers are short on efficiency to make the law's requirements, they make the car larger rather than improving efficiency.

4. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Americans have vast expanses of space, large paved roads, cities built around vehicles rather than the inverse, and spend large amounts of their time in transit or commute.
    This isn't news you slow Yuropoor.

5. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Because our fuel efficiency laws are less restrictive the larger the car is. It is difficult to make a small car that meets high efficiency standards for a certain price, but easy and profitable to make large car to much lower standards for the same price.

6. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

nice try, mutt

better invest your time in watching your pickup, before some south american steals your catalytic converters or some jamal smashes your windows for your sunglasses

7. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Because it’ll be more cozy when we’re homeless duh

8. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

They have wider roads and cheaper fuel than most of the developed world, so in short - because they can

9. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

While gas is expensive here, it's nowhere near as costly as it is in Europe. Car makers love SUVs and big trucks because they're **WAY** more profitable to sell.

Psychologically, many Americans imagine themselves as rugged pioneers and outdoors people --- even if they live in the city or a suburb (usually named for the trees destroyed to make the suburb), so large trucks appeal to that fantasy.

In addition, they're seen as safer vehicles since many are 4WD or AWD. And they have more room so they can carry the 3 tons of "kid stuff" required for their one kid.

10. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Honestly, as an american, I have no idea. It's an obscenely stupid trend

11. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Small penis. Source: me, I drive a single cab pickup truck and have small penis

12. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Why do moronneets who larp as euros keep making the same threads about trucks over and over 7 days a week? Your entire existence is a line of code and you can’t convince me otherwise

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

meds.

13. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>Why do Americans drive such huge cars?
    "Environmental" regulation that makes it illegal to manufacture small cars and fines manufacturers for medium size cars.

14. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Trucks are typically more reliable than cars. any truck by a manufacturer will be more reliable and durable than their most reliable car.
    For this same reason, trucks also hold value much better than your typical car. that, and because they have a wider range of uses, and thus, appeal to a wider range of potential buyers when you go to sell them. Trucks can be used as family haulers, work horses, movers, towing. there are cars that can do a combination of these things, but not all of them, and certainly not as well as a truck.

A fricking jeep gladiator will hold value better than your average non-GT3/2 911. its honestly higher IQ to buy a truck. especially as a used beater. you'll get most (sometimes damn near all) of your money back. you won't get that with any car outside of special edition sports cars.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>For this same reason, trucks also hold value much better than your typical car.
      That is because everyone wants one. I know plenty of reliable cars that don't hold value because people don't want them.

15. 3 weeks ago
    [PLEBSPOTTERS] BigC

>I’ve recently visited the US for the first time
    that's nice, go back and make sure you never come back or move here, you're obviously incompatible with this great country

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>great country
      Why's it great?

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Because (You) don't live in it.

• 3 weeks ago
        [PLEBSPOTTERS] BigC

>Why's it great?
        because guns and big trucks, now get the frick out

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Why's that good?

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Both are fun

• 3 weeks ago
            [PLEBSPOTTERS] BigC

>Why's that good?
            the fact you have to ask this just reinforces what I said here

>I’ve recently visited the US for the first time
            that's nice, go back and make sure you never come back or move here, you're obviously incompatible with this great country

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Both are fun

Sounds like you can't explain it because you don't know

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Big guns are just a blast to shoot at shit and hunting is very fun. Doing it without a license is just the cherry on top. Big trucks are great as they allow you to do your own thing instead of slaving away for some fricker. It’s is self determination which makes us great.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

So that makes it a great country?

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Yes, most everybody has at least some level of it. Some do better than others but that comes down to location imo.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>Why's it great?
      because guns and big trucks, now get the frick out

https://i.imgur.com/6PrM16u.jpeg

>Why's that good?
      the fact you have to ask this just reinforces what I said here [...]

[...]
      >It's a great country because you are surrounded by nigs
      I don't see any, it's 95% white where I am
      >controlled by israelites
      then why do I have guns? they definitely don't want me having guns right?

When i grow up, i want to be just like MrCummyWummies.

16. 3 weeks ago
    [PLEBSPOTTERS] BigC

[...]

>It's a great country because you are surrounded by nigs
    I don't see any, it's 95% white where I am
    >controlled by israelites
    then why do I have guns? they definitely don't want me having guns right?

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>t. Entire lineage will be brown by 2050
      So based

• 3 weeks ago
        [PLEBSPOTTERS] BigC

so.... just like all of Europe?

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

At least parts of America will probably remain majority white due to climate and price. Euros are going down the drain a lot faster.

• 3 weeks ago
            [PLEBSPOTTERS] BigC

>At least parts of America will probably remain majority white
            definitely the mormons and amish

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>At least parts of America will probably remain majority white
            definitely the mormons and amish

>Euros are going down the drain a lot faster.
            Russia and Poland absolutely mog your brown children

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Okay well western yurop anyways.

• 3 weeks ago
            [PLEBSPOTTERS] BigC

>Poland
            >white
            yiiiiikkkkeeeeeeeeessssss

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Okay well western yurop anyways.

I accept your concessions

• 3 weeks ago
            [PLEBSPOTTERS] BigC

I accept that you're poor and live in hell
            meanwhile I live in freedom land and drive around big diesel trucks with guns and live among white people and own land

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>live among white people
            You don't though

• 3 weeks ago
            [PLEBSPOTTERS] BigC

but I do?
            Nevada is entirely white as long as you don't live in Vegas (I don't)
            post some pictures of the shithole you live in so I can laugh my ass off

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Ah yes the blue state Nevada. Definitely white if you ignore, all the Mexicans, oh and Vegas, oh and reno, oh and everything along 80 lmao

• 3 weeks ago
            [PLEBSPOTTERS] BigC

the Mexicans and blacks are all in Vegas, I already said this
            I live in the middle of nowhere, it's based, my neighbors are cattle and horses

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>the Mexicans and blacks are all in Vegas
            Lmao no they are not. Your lying proves to me that you have no argument. Upstate North Dakota, okay I saw just Mexicans and no blacks, but Nevada? LMAO

• 3 weeks ago
            [PLEBSPOTTERS] BigC

ok so what state do you live in, post some pictures of it
            also, post your truck

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>Tries to change subject because he knows what Nevada is actually like

• 3 weeks ago
            [PLEBSPOTTERS] BigC

>wont say where he lives or what he drives
            Kek little b***h

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

You lost so you'll keep deflecting

• 3 weeks ago
            [PLEBSPOTTERS] BigC

Lost what?
            I’m a based gun Chad truck Chad and you’re a little b***h in Europe getting browned at an ever accelerating rate
            Euros will never tell you what country they’re from, they’re snakes

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

You lost the argument and keep deflecting because you have no comebacks

• 3 weeks ago
            [PLEBSPOTTERS] BigC

What argument?
            I live in the middle of nowhere with white people, my neighbors are farmers, I have a barn on my rural property and shoot guns right next to it
            I’m definitely not losing anything kek

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Kek now you're just stamping you feet because you were made to look stupid.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

You’ve clearly never been to Vegas

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

I have multiple times. The majority of the state too

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Then you looked, but you didn’t see

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>you didn’t see
            Nope. Saw alot of brown people outside of the cities. Claiming there isn't Mexicans in Nevada is laughable

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>>the Mexicans and blacks are all in Vegas
            >Lmao no they are not.
            what?

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

I’m pretty sure the French are actually just gone, Italians are next, and the only thing kinda prolonging the British is the weather is not kind to Somalians.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>Russia
            is getting the same shitskin treatment like the rest of Europe, but with a bit different flavour on top of the current slav genocide.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>Russia
            is getting the same shitskin treatment like the rest of Europe, but with a bit different flavour on top of the current slav genocide.

Russia is literally going to be mostly Islamic within the next 50 years just like the rest of western europe

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>I don't see any, it's 95% white where I am
      Kek everyone on DA says this but you'll go to rural Wyoming or Idaho and half the service workers are brown still kek

• 3 weeks ago
        [PLEBSPOTTERS] BigC

>Kek everyone on DA says this
        uhh I'm just going off the actual census data for my area, not basing it off anything visual or anecdotal

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

that's always the case with urban areas. for example, i live in Nebraska, where its 80% white, but Omaha is more like 60% white.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Yeah but we have big trucks

17. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>even in big cities
    I guess they call a small town "big cities" in your country. In my actual metropolitan burger city, bigass pickup trucks are rare and mostly used by professionals with their shop name painted on the side. Which makes sense, no fricking garage or street in the city will be able to fit any them.

18. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Because they need something that won’t break when their 500lbs hits the driver seat.

19. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>Why
    We can afford to, poorgay.

20. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Rangers aren't even big. Other anons are right, emissions laws are moronic and make it nearly impossible to sell a new compact pickup (that hyundai and ford maverick dont count).

Also comes from necessity. I work construction but even for my hobbies like hunting, I can't throw a deer in a cuckcar.

21. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

While his lead to changes in Americas car sizes?

22. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Pickup sisters....our response?

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

The focus went from hauling to towing/lifestyle trucking

This chart annoys me every time and i drive a crossover

White trash and hispanics are what ruin big trucks.

Pointless statement

>Ranger
      >enormous engine
      it's a fricking 2.3 4cyl, that's not even big by Euro standards, literally the same engine you could get in a Focus for a while

Its funny because the real cope trucks are midsized trucks. The only people who buy them either cant afford or are scared to buy a real truck

• 3 weeks ago
        Sage all truck threads

What’s wrong with midsize trucks? They are fairly big but aren’t frickhuge monsters and are easier to park and maneuver. Mid size trucks can and will accommodate the majority of truck owner’s needs

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Maybe its a regional thing but guys where i live will literally buy a colorado/ranger and spend the next 5 years saying "i could have gotten a silverado/f150 but it was too expensive plus the maintenance would be hefty"

Lierally its a compromise truck.

Tacoma guys are a different breed though, they will actively choose a tacoma over a tundra.

Personally the only midsize i would get is a hilux or isuzu dmax

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>they will actively choose a tacoma over a tundra
            Because they want something suitable for literally everything. Tacoma, frontier, ranger, whatever. Midsize trucks are literally the penultimate do-all vehicle and they hold their value as good as full-sizes do. But they get flak from both ends of the spectrum for moronic reasons. Anti-truck people say they’re ugly and bloated compared to the compact trucks of old, and hardcore hick truggers shit on them because "the got dam bed too smull. That ain’t no trugg." Even though bed-size has literally nothing to do with how vehicles are classified as trucks.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>i could have gotten a silverado/f150 but it was too expensive
            That's true for me and I'm not ashamed to admit it. I got a 2 year old Ranger XLT FX4 with 40k for the same price I would have had to pay for a 5+ year old F-150 with 80k+. The tighter turn radius is also a godsend where I live, lots of places where I can just barely make it in one shot while it'd be a 3-point turn in a half ton with a 2'+ bigger turn radius.

23. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

They don't fit in anything smaller

24. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

White trash and hispanics are what ruin big trucks.

25. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>friday night in yurop
    >time to go make a post about americans!

26. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>Ranger
    >enormous engine
    it's a fricking 2.3 4cyl, that's not even big by Euro standards, literally the same engine you could get in a Focus for a while

27. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Simple as

28. 3 weeks ago
    Medjed

Because we're American and we just like big shit or something. I don't know. My father drives JDM so "muh big truck" is foreign to me

29. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

The US is the number 1 producer of oil globally.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Consumer maybe but imma need some facts to support the claim that they produce the most oil

• 3 weeks ago
      Medjed

Since when? We're an oil giant for sure but I heavily, HEAVILY doubt we are #1.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Russia is 1

• 3 weeks ago
          Medjed

It's about as #1 as I am not frickin autistic.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

I mean at everything

• 3 weeks ago
            Medjed

They are about as #1 as I am not frickin autistic. Need I say it again? Goddamn.

30. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Americans are moronic enough to get a 96+ month loan on vehicles that go for $60k-$120k before dealership markups and exterior/interior protection packages. They also can't afford to buy a vehicle outright.

31. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>What’s wrong with midsize trucks?
    Kek

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

?

32. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

How wise/dumb is it to spend 10k+ on a used F-250/350 with 180k+ miles on it for the purpose of carrying a truck camper that i intend to live in as long as i can?
    side note why the FRICK are full size trucks so expensive even when theyre 20 years old with 250k miles on them

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Every "vanlyfe" youtube homosexual who bases their build off of a clapped out old truck, van or motorhome winds up broken down and begging for money to cover the $5k repair bill.

Full sized trucks are so expensive at that mileage because they still have quite a bit of life left in them at that point.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

so youre saying its a much better idea than spending 2k on a beater with 350k mileage and i should totally do it

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

If you can find a reliable beater for under $2k, regardless of mileage, go for it. If you even get one good year out of it, it's paid for itself. Anything extra is just a bonus.

33. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>I can’t imagine how much the gas must cost
    now you don't have to

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>tax component

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

some anons will harp on about giving money to arab oil sheikhs but if you're a yuro there's a great chance you're giving more than half of your already taxed income that you spend on fuel to the government again

34. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>Their trunks

35. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>Why do Americans drive such huge cars?
    They're fat. They can't fit in smaller cars.

To give you an idea of how fat America is, there are more obese mutts than merely overweight.
    >40% obese
    >30% overweight
    That means that there are 33% more obese than overweight, and when they get obese, they get really fricking huge. It's unreal how big the difference is between flabby and Pizza The Hutt.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>everyone shoud use the smallest car they can fit inside
      Cuck (Europoor) mentality talking

36. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>Why do Americans
    have a nice day obsessed homosexual

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *