Why do americans put so much effort into the handling of their vehicles despite being a nation of mostly straight line roads?

Why do americans put so much effort into the handling of their vehicles despite being a nation of mostly straight line roads? they put even more effort into the handling of their more mundane vehicles than Japan or Europe who's regions have very narrow and curvy roads.

Thalidomide Vintage Ad Shirt $22.14

UFOs Are A Psyop Shirt $21.68

Thalidomide Vintage Ad Shirt $22.14

1. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>Why do americans put so much effort into the handling of their vehicles
    Anon what universe do you come from? Here in the Prime Earth euro and Japanese cars handle while American cars cannot, with the Camaro being the only real exception as far as veh class is concerned.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

so why are american land barges as fast around short japanese tracks as japanese super cars like the GTR?

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>stripped and modified highest performance tesla model just to break the minute barrier
        >r35 on nismo coilover + aero pack did it back in 2015
        Why do electric cars still suck so much on a track with their low center of gravity and perfect grip management? Shouldn't they be unstoppable?

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

No soul.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

it wasn't stripped, and it did it on street tires.
          >he just ignores the fact that a tesla is a land barge whilst the GTR is a dedicated sports car
          lmao, post a japanese land barge that's as fast as a tesla with any modifications, lets see how fast a Lexus LS can clear tsukuba on street tires.

>another record broken
          >actually its just the first ev to do below a 1 min lap time on this track

its also the first fullsize luxury car to do it.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>tesla is a land barge
            >r35 isn't
            You can't just say the tesla is a land barge because it needs 1000lbs of batteries to be competitive kek. Its not like tesla put in a fully furnished interior and premium luxury options besides a tablet for buttons and a yoke for a steering wheel. Its an electric performance car that is smaller in every metric than a charger except weight. Better yet find me a performance tesla that weighs under 4000lbs lmao

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>a dedicated sports car that can't even seat 4 grown adults is a"land barge"
            >meanwhile tesla seats 7 and has 5 times the trunk volume
            quit embarrassing yourself, Black person. Japan lost, get over it.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>r35 is considered big because its a 2 door that weighs 3800lbs
            >tesla is considered big because its a 5000lb ford taurus
            Nice cope son. Let me know when your tessie can drive 600 miles in cold weather like any other "luxury barge"

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

so a ford tarus is on the same level as Japan's best? i don't know why this is the hill you're so desperate to die on, but okay. it just proves the OP's point that the average american car handles as good as Europe and Japan's super cars.

can't wait till the Tesla roadster comes out. it'll be as fast as Japan's super GT cars and you'll be saying Super GT cars are totally land barges.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

I'm saying every tesla is a land barge regardless if its got 7 seats or 2. They literally cannot produce a lightweight car with electronic tech. I can guarantee the roadster with all its carbon fiber and weight saving will never be less than 3000lbs. Your excuse for the car being a land barge is solely based on the cars being incapable of being lightweight. Its not that tesla makes the best overweight car. Its that they can only make a good car that is overweight

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>another record broken
        >actually its just the first ev to do below a 1 min lap time on this track

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Watch zummi motorsport, they have na civic egs that get sub 57s
        Also there's an na rx8 that gets around 55s
        Stop being a disingenuous homosexual

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

>civic egs that get sub 57s
          >Also there's an na rx8 that gets around 55s
          none of which did it on street tires, and are less than half the weight of the tesla with far more aero.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Bet that Tesla isn't on street tires either

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

read the twitter caption, moron

https://i.imgur.com/CBL95Pt.png

so why are american land barges as fast around short japanese tracks as japanese super cars like the GTR?

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

I don't sneed it. Elon lied

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Jesus Christ, it's a funny meme, but you know that's not true. There's a fricking Hellcat that's class competitive at Pikes Peak. The Viper is widely considered one of the greatest handling sports cars in the history of motorsports. America is home to some of the greatest technical tracks and winding roads in the world. America pioneered wind tunnel testing and aerodynamic design in cars.

https://i.imgur.com/2bGmETc.jpg

Why do americans put so much effort into the handling of their vehicles despite being a nation of mostly straight line roads? they put even more effort into the handling of their more mundane vehicles than Japan or Europe who's regions have very narrow and curvy roads.

The answer is that we also invented the luxo-barge and people no longer want the crown vic roll when taking a corner at 10mph. People want their car to feel stable at all speeds and situations. Comfort is a primary concern, so manufacturers overdesign their cars to compensate for enormous weight.

Also, because of the aforementioned tracks and higher number of enthusiasts, America still prides itself on performance. Dodge specifically didn't need to put high performance suspension on the Hellcat past straight line speed. They did it because they could and to envoke great seethe in others when that fat barge can pull more lateral G's on track than a goddamn Miata.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

how many hellcats and vipers do you see daily

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

I see more hellcats on a daily basis than I do all Tesla models combined

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

You must live in detroit or baltimore. hellcats are outnumbered like 1000 to 1 by gay ass teslas

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Teslas are a diamond dozen now

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

No, I live on the coast, hellcats are fairly common

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

florida hands typed thjs

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

No, North Carolina hands

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Basketball hands typed this

Shelby GT350
            Shelby GT500
            Viper
            Camaro
            Don’t even get me started on Corvettes

Literally the big 3.

“How many do you see?”

A lot, of all of them. I own two.

Ask me to put bread on hood.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Hellcats? I've seen three today. You want to count Scat Packs which have the same suspension setup? A dozen, easy. Vipers? Saw one on friday. C8s? Another easy dozen. Z28s? One today. Dark Horse Mustang? Two today.

I don't live in a major city, either. I'm near one, but far enough that these cars are regular traffic. Not city folk here for fun. It's a Thursday.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Basketball hands typed this

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>America pioneered wind tunnel testing and aerodynamic design in cars.
        when you're going below 60mph, most road legal aero has a very negligible effect, and the weight of it is just a detriment on a cars handling.

2. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

because if they don't all the autistic redditors and channerds will talk shit about them

3. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>nation of mostly straight line roads
    lmao we have some of the best driver's roads on the planet, curvy shits that will make the average euro vom because we can go faster than a bicycle without getting ticketed by a speed camera and shot by an EU tribunal

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>how to vomit while driving
      lmfao what

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

if youre driving down the road and can't come to a safe stop before you need to vomit. this article could help you one day.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

you're not wrong. i was just surprised that an article like that actually existed. still, could be stranger.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

newbies have never seen a wikihow article

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>we have some of the best driver's roads on the planet,
      limited to 55 with a bunch of gay cops patrolling
      the natchez trace should be a road course god damnit its the only good road in mississippi

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Old Natchez Trace in Tennessee isn’t patrolled at all whatsoever, also agree it should be a road course. Fun as hell.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>how to vomit while driving
      lmfao what

Terrible guide tbh. Instead of puking into my lap, I would put the window down and turn my head while keeping my eyes forward

4. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>a nation of mostly straight line roads?
    Why do eurostanis pretend to know things about places they have never seen?

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

randomly picked spot on google maps

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

another

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/vvOjuCf.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/TDhVe38.jpg

another

compare to random place in finland

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

sweden

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/TDhVe38.jpg

another

https://i.imgur.com/vvOjuCf.jpg

and you think this proves your point? is this euro education on full display?

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

[...]
          USA has a landmass more than 10x larger than Finland and Sweden combined at 3.8 million square miles

cope
          most of usa is straight roads

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Delusion

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/7AZImgY.jpg

sweden

USA has a landmass more than 10x larger than Finland and Sweden combined at 3.8 million square miles

5. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Because the components mostly doesn't cost any more money, and they just copypasta the research done by their European subsidiaries anyway.

6. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Holy shit finally someone that gets it, I’m so fricking tired of a”sport-tuned” suspensions on everything.

7. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>despite being a nation of mostly straight line roads?
    anon you are hilariously wrong and should have stopped there

8. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>Why do americans put so much effort into the handling of their vehicles
    Literally because of the automotive press since no one gave a single damn before every review mentioned BMW handling in glowing terms from the late 70's through the 90's.

9. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Man what the frick are you homosexuals talking about? All I see are fricking teslas, then priuses and cuvs.

10. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

the roads are straight but you gotta swerve around all the potholes

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *