Why do boomers love button slop?

Why do boomers love button slop?

Mike Stoklasa's Worst Fan Shirt $21.68

CRIME Shirt $21.68

Mike Stoklasa's Worst Fan Shirt $21.68

1. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

gm and ford have never been good at buttons
    ford follows the contours of the dash styling which often results in strange clusters of unrelated buttons in odd spots
    gm vomits them wherever it's fiscally convenient which is occasionally soulfully futuristic
    chrysler separates them based on what they do which is accomplished through partsbin reuse of interior parts, demanding they be modular and generic in style to fit in any car.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Great summary, some of Ford's dashboards in the 2010s were disgusting nonsense

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

It's like one of those weird shaped Nokia phones they designed shittons of before getting BTFO'd by a glass slab.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

It's like one of those weird shaped Nokia phones they designed shittons of before getting BTFO'd by a glass slab.

i like how they clearly designed this with the intent to use the same parts for both lhd and rhd vehicles, but they fricking put the phone buttons on the "american" side with the legends intended to be read from the left side even in europe so in a RHD car the fricking numbers and button labels are sideways.

bravo ford

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Shit I didn't even notice that. The 'TA' button also does not match the 'slant' of the number buttons. The japs would never allow such shit laziness to pass

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Ok but some were kino

2. 3 weeks ago
    civil engineering stud

The ideal dashboard can be operated without looking at it

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>wrong wheel drive veganaface stellantislop
      no thanks

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>wrong wheel drive
        Wrong already smoothbrain.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

cope it again tony

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Yeah, so buttons are bad. Voice control is best.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

I had a friend that was giving me a ride say "phone home" about a dozen times. I thought he was having an ET related stroke. VW Golf.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

voice control is slow and inaccurate, wanna race?

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

he'll lose and cry like a b***h

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Buttons require you to take your attention off the road.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

When you're three layers down in a touchpad menu mid corner start talking to me about buttons.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>has to fumble around and look for the correct button to change the temperature
            >meanwhile, I never touch it because it's set to automatically be 70° at all times whether it's cold or warm
            Wait, what else do you exactly need to change while driving that isn't controlled by the steering wheel?

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

sport mode, variable damper setting, spoiler go up/down, traction control on/off, volume/track selection, heated seats, ventilated seats

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

And then people wonder why cars are so heavy nowadays

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

The computer that controls that isn't like the building sized one one you used in college moron

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

I identify as one of those men in white coats in clean rooms full of whirly clicky flashy things.
            Mostly we had Dire Straits drowning out all that crap.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Ah Freeman, good to see you.

Have you seen my coffee cup?

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>car temp set at 70
            >outside temp is 70
            >car blows hot air through vents
            >have to manually adjust temp anyways

I'd be find if they went back to old style air controls. Most of the summer it's set on Lo anyways because it's 100 outside. Car doesn't know what to do when the temp outside is nice and have to adjust the controls as you drive

• 3 weeks ago
            civil engineering stud

>what is muscle memory

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

No they don't, moron. It's easy to develop muscle memory and go by feeling. Do you have to stare at your keyboard every time you type? If so, you may just be stupid and automakers shouldn't cater to you and drag shit down for the rest of us.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

You guys don't use your voice controls? What, your accents are too weird for the os to understand?

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

You're the one with the accent, kid

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

too bad the exterior is disgusting to look at, the manual isn't available here, and there isn't a v8

3. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>button slop
    Before today I never worried about button slop. Is that because I drive Japan car?

4. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

your bussy was really sloppy

5. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Everything's slop slop slop are you a dog lol

6. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

wish op could slop all over my wiener

7. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

milli-boomer here. I'd rather have a clusterfrick of buttons than iPad bullshit that zoomers need to get their screen fix while driving.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

"I can't understand how to computer so your wrong!"

8. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Ugh it's those Buicks where they wrapped vegan leather on most of the surfaces. They also disintegrate over time if you so much as touch it.

9. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I prefer toggle switches

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Those plastic toggles seem pretty good. I like and also hate the push-button "toggle" switches a lot of race cars use with RGB as an indicator, but they seem to work for that application so I can't fully hate them.

I've been wondering recently why there aren't more metal toggles with an LED indicator in the stem like pic related. Shit that is simple on/off like lights, 3-position for blower motor, general 12v for the car, or momentary ones for starter. I think these would look really cool on restorations, older cars, and kit cars. However it would be pretty close to steampunk aesthetic which I hate.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>I've been wondering recently why there aren't more metal toggles with an LED indicator in the stem like pic related.
        Cost and lack of demand. It is cool though.

10. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Would you rather have a giant ass iPad screen in the middle playing skibidi toilet for you?

11. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

kys gay. Buttons are superior t. zoomoid

12. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

You will never drive a Pontiac Bonneville with 3 computer screens and a steering wheel covered in buttons, "because airbags are for cowards."

13. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Thats a neat layout.

14. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

> 2014
    These things feel like they fit with Nokia and Windows Vista Frutiger Aero, not 2014 with iPad out for its fourth year etc.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>These things feel like they fit with Nokia and Windows Vista Frutiger Aero, not 2014 with iPad out for its fourth year
      Some Japanese brands were hit pretty hard by weird design back then.
      I've no idea what Toyota was going for in some of its 2010s cars, except that the result mostly reminds me of a stack of random kitchen appliances.
      Nothing even lines up properly. Everything's blue as if blue LEDs were still a new thing. The center console is a random collection of touch-sensitive areas, physical switches in various styles---glossy, matte, rocking, press buttons, it's got it all. The clock looks like it was borrowed from a microwave oven. The dashboard assembly lines up with the door on the right side, but not the left. Kneeroom looks like you're going to break your legs if there's an accident.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>I've no idea what Toyota was going for in some of its 2010s cars
        Its corporate design language was modern organic shapes. It just made them look overweight.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

This 2014(?) Maxima interior is amazing when compared to

https://i.imgur.com/E04Zulj.jpeg

>These things feel like they fit with Nokia and Windows Vista Frutiger Aero, not 2014 with iPad out for its fourth year
      Some Japanese brands were hit pretty hard by weird design back then.
      I've no idea what Toyota was going for in some of its 2010s cars, except that the result mostly reminds me of a stack of random kitchen appliances.
      Nothing even lines up properly. Everything's blue as if blue LEDs were still a new thing. The center console is a random collection of touch-sensitive areas, physical switches in various styles---glossy, matte, rocking, press buttons, it's got it all. The clock looks like it was borrowed from a microwave oven. The dashboard assembly lines up with the door on the right side, but not the left. Kneeroom looks like you're going to break your legs if there's an accident.

and

https://i.imgur.com/liuujJY.jpeg

Great summary, some of Ford's dashboards in the 2010s were disgusting nonsense

15. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

i recognize this, it's opel mokka! what specific type is this?

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

The temperature controls are in fahrenheit instead of celsius, so probably the Buick Encore flavor

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

My wife has a buickk encore. I literally dont fit inside it.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Why didn't you buy her a bigger vehicle then?

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

lay off the big macs then

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Thankfully Opel wised up and did a nice job cleaning up the button slop in the facelift model

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *