Why do boomers worship classic Mopars like they're some sort of holy grail of the automotive industry?

Why do boomers worship classic Mopars like they're some sort of holy grail of the automotive industry? They're literally no different from all other american cars of their era, yet old farts go apeshit whenever the m-word is mentioned, which is reflected by the prices.

Homeless People Are Sexy Shirt $21.68

Ape Out Shirt $21.68

Homeless People Are Sexy Shirt $21.68

1. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

mopar guys are just weird
    don't try to understand it
    no one does

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>It's a Jeep thing, you wouldn't understand has metastasized to all mopar

2. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

you know how corvette guys will go on about how their car was the only one made on the 5th of march in whatever color with whatever package?

it's because they're trying to be like the mopar guys from back in the day when all that stuff actually mattered. they had a huge number of options and each car was almost custom. special packages and high impact paints were only available for short periods of time.

3. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>Why do boomers worship classic Mopars like they're some sort of holy grail of the automotive industry?
    Chasing the past that will never come. The past is closed territory. You can never really go back.

• 3 weeks ago
      [TWEEKSPOTTER] BigG

I’ll still take the facsimile over the gayness of today

4. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

What's going to happen to these cars once all these boomers croak? No fricking way a Gen-Xer or Millennial or Zoomer would pay these prices, unless they buy into the speculation meme.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>unless they buy into the speculation meme
      they will lol, these cars have long been an alternative investment

Because old school mopar was and is objectively peak automobile design. It’s just a fact, and you can seethe about it all you want, dont make a difference

>Because old school mopar was and is objectively peak automobile design
      Cool, and in what way are they different from ferds and gms of the same era?

They were literally the holy grail of the automotive industry though. I'm a Ford guy and even I acknowledge 70s Dodge supremacy. They looked the best and they sounded the best, but unlike modern Dodge, of which both are also true, they weren't unreliable.

frick off the 5.7 hemi can easily do 500k+ miles if not neglected

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

That would be great if car reliability was determined solely by the engine and no other part of the car. Too bad for the engine that there's a shitty car built around it.

5. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Because old school mopar was and is objectively peak automobile design. It’s just a fact, and you can seethe about it all you want, dont make a difference

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

i bought one recently and i think i might end up being one of those mopar weirdos

mopar guys are just weird
      don't try to understand it
      no one does

6. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

It's happening all over again with millennials. This stock supra sold for $265k
    https://www.thedrive.com/news/1998-toyota-supra-seized-by-cops-sells-at-auction-for-265000
    not sure what the gen z/alpha unicorn cars will be when they grow up considering most of them have to be browbeat into even getting their driver's license by the time they go to college.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Funny thing is that an M3 of the same year was faster then Supra.
      Skylines look much better

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>most of them have to be browbeat into even getting their driver's license by the time they go to college
      There may be no attainable cars for them in that case.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>most of them have to be browbeat into even getting their driver's license by the time they go to college
      was the same with millenials

Funny thing is that an M3 of the same year was faster then Supra.
      Skylines look much better

neither of those were movie stars

7. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Thirty years ago a well-done Mopar restoration was the ticket to a trophy and these boomers with an overdeveloped competitive streak would pay big money for one. Part of the reason for this was that Mopars were underrepresented in shows and part was that Mopars were really painful restorations because the cars themselves were in a sorry state from rust. Parts availability was almost nonexistent too.

This in turn meant that when one came up for sale it brought a lot of money which in turn brought out everybody with some old Mopar buried in a swamp since the Seventies trying to sell the damn thing for big money and got it. The whole process eventually became a self-feeding machine that looked like it could just keep going on forever but of course it couldn't. Prices are down from those heady days of million dollar plus cars but there is still a floor since there's no getting around the fact that Mopars are expensive restorations and somebody has to pay if they want one.

8. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

NO CAR LIKE MO PAR (IT MEANS MO POWAR)

9. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Most Dodges between 1978-88 have disappeared.

10. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

They were literally the holy grail of the automotive industry though. I'm a Ford guy and even I acknowledge 70s Dodge supremacy. They looked the best and they sounded the best, but unlike modern Dodge, of which both are also true, they weren't unreliable.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>they weren't unreliable.

I don't know about the car side of things but having worked with a lot of old trucks from that era on farms 70s-90s Dodge truck engines are the biggest pieces of shit on the planet they never fricking start.

11. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>why do people with more money than me use their money for doing things they enjoy?

Dunno, anon

12. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>Why do boomers worship classic Mopars like they're some sort of holy grail of the automotive industry?
    Because that's when Chrysler was actually good. After the '70s, Chrysler's been playing catch up for the last 60 years.

13. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

nobody is asking you to buy it.
    to them it is their holy grail.
    something that will forever only decrease.

14. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

That's just a Chrysler thing. Hard-core boys, but they'll bore you to tears, quoting VINs and option packages, part numbers and ultra-rare cigarette lighters.

15. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Ford > Mopar > Chevy

16. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Look at the production numbers, they didn’t sell nearly as many as the fords or chevys so they’re just rarer.

17. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Mopars are hideous. Every single one of them.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Only a sith deals in absolutes

18. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

relax, they'll be dead soon and the market will tank

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

I just think they have a bit of a styling flair with Ford being fairly white bread and Chevy has conventionally attractive bodies in standard corporate kind of way. Chrysler was willing to be a bit out there and theres only a small number of cars left.

Theres plenty of 60's or 70's cheap restoration project you could buy to fix up if you really wanteed an old charger. Well running classics will always have some value.

19. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

The 71 Hemi Cuda is considered peak muscle car by many. Last year of the 426 Hemi and preferred over the 70 due to the 4 headlight front design. They only made 101 coupes and 11 convertibles making them multi million dollar cars.

20. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Well I’d suck a dick for a shaker ‘cuda like picrel so there you have it.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Yeah, but at $3.5 mil, assuming your blowjobs go for $50 a pop, you'd have to suck about 70,000 dicks. That's a lot of dicks.

21. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Literally autism

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *