Why do companies buy so many of these and not any other brands' vans? what is so special? I'm curious

Why do companies buy so many of these and not any other brands' vans? what is so special? I'm curious

It's All Fucked Shirt $22.14

Black Rifle Cuck Company, Conservative Humor Shirt $21.68

It's All Fucked Shirt $22.14

1. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

its like the Crown Vic of vans. the last pillar of old school american work horses. this is lowkey one of the single coolest vehicles GM still produces. id fricking buy one myself if i had a place to put another vehicle.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>rent express van from uhaul 6.2 LS
      >pull 6.2
      >drop in 4.8
      >return van
      >profit??

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Expresses don't come with the 6.2. It was available with the 4.3, 4.8, 5.3, 6.0 at one time as well as a 6.6 Duramax and a 2.8 diesel. Now it's only available with the 4.3 and the 6.6 gasser.

I know there's that meme pic of the guy who stole the 6.0 out of one and replaced it with a 4.8 but I'm calling bullshit on it. It would be easier and cheaper to just go to the junkyard and pull an engine.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Yeah my bad I forgot it was a 6.0 but thereotically it could be possible, yeah that pic was bullshit but I mean have you been to a junkyard recently? If there was a junkyard 6.0 its been long gone, they are the first to go. 6.0s are hard to come by nowadays, at least where I live in southern Missouri. Then again I live in "the birthplace of route 66" so everything you see here is modded muscle cars and trucks with 6.0s and 5.3s

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>Why do companies buy so many of these and not any other brands' vans? what is so special? I'm curious
      There's an entire aftermarket designed around them, and American businesses that like to carry around everything like the V8 van. It's horrible on expenses but the customer pays for the van.

>its like the Crown Vic of vans
      Exactly. Fleet operators are very traditional as well, and there's lots of them that only work with GM V8 vans, alongside the GM V8 trucks. It's not like the old days where the fleet guys work on several brands and several models of vehicles. Too expensive.

Amazon doesn't. They use Merc Sprinter, Ford transit, & Ram promaster

Amazon benefits from vans that have way more volumetric cargo space than payload. European vans offer that straight out of the factory while American vans require upfits.

Unironically the most DA approved interior of 2024.

>Unironically the most DA approved interior of 2024.
      Personally I really like it. It's very basic and the A/C on Express/Savana vans work really quickly.

If merc vans were unreliable, they would get their shit pushed in.

>If merc vans were unreliable, they would get their shit pushed in.
      Sprinters make sense for large fleet operations since their downtime is pretty long without carrying inventory of emissions equipment. Just cost of doing business.

2. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Who is the only brand that still makes a V8 van?

3. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Amazon doesn't. They use Merc Sprinter, Ford transit, & Ram promaster

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

i meant like local tradies and what not

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

amazon is huge, and can afford the higher maintenance cost of the less reliable euro vans.

Why is there a discrepancy? Why does Amazon avoid Expresses?

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

cause expresses are outdated as shit. tradies and smaller businesses use them because maintenance eats into the bottom line more. amazon prefers the updated features and utility found on the newer vans.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>outdated as shit
            You're not wrong
            My 09 Cobalt had this head unit lel

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

yes, but that's also why their parts are dirt cheap compared to the euro vans.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Unironically the most DA approved interior of 2024.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

I do not approve of it at all. That is all rattly plastic junk.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

you're the reason why interiors are over designed with gloss and screens everywhere.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

You're the reason your life is pathetic.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Kek what a piece of shit, I'd rather be in a 2014 Renault Master. Amazing that a cargo van has a more carworthy dashboard than an American car. The high part of the dashboard should be behind the wheel and then go down, flush with the passenger side.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

How did GM get away with not putting in a back up display? Thought they were mandated on every vehicle post 2018.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

I drove one of these for Autozone awhile back. The back up camera is built into the rear view mirror. Probably one of the best full size vans I've ever drove, even with the 4.3 in it

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

probably because amazon is full of blow hard MBAs and DEI hires

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Can confirm. Interviewed with Amazon when I was graduating from my blowhard MBA program, was interviewed by every sort of creature you could imagine except a white guy.

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Expresses don't hold enough and aren't tall enough for courier type duties. They're better for tradies, repair techs, etc. You don't want a full height van when you have service calls downtown and have to park underground.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

amazon is huge, and can afford the higher maintenance cost of the less reliable euro vans.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

If merc vans were unreliable, they would get their shit pushed in.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

i don't think large companies like amazon care.

• 4 weeks ago
      Supra80

You forgot someone.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

The cutest one.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

It's the last van that isn't pozzed. They promised it until 2027, but you know GM and promises.

Because amazon drives dilods and ipads in 75% empty boxes around. Express van is for tradies.

4. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

It must be so comfy to be an employee at the big three to "design" these types of vehicles.
    You literally don't have to do anything ever.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Not sure how it works at Ferd or Chrysler, but Gay Men (GM) move on to new projects once they finish a launch/refresh. If nothing is changing, that means nobody is "working" on it.

5. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Going to pick one up now. Transit has 325k and starting to get soft

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *