Why do half ton truggs completely mog other vehicle types in power, speed, and luxury and should I get one even though I dont haul stuff?

Why do half ton truggs completely mog other vehicle types in power, speed, and luxury and should I get one even though I don’t haul stuff?

Homeless People Are Sexy Shirt $21.68

Nothing Ever Happens Shirt $21.68

Homeless People Are Sexy Shirt $21.68

1. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Are you serious? An X5 40i will absolutely destroy your redneck-made garbage in all of the categories you mentioned.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

t. Supreme gentlemen still wondering why his BMW can’t pull him any poon while every trugg chad is getting laid

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Prostitutes don't count

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

X5 40i
      >329 hp
      >335 lb-ft
      >0-60: 5.7s
      F150 3.5eb
      >400hp
      >500 lb-ft
      >0-60: 5.3s

luxury idk they probably both vary greatly between the base models and highest trims
      but it doesn't "destroy" it in any way when it comes to the power or speed part i don't know what you're talking about, maybe the top speed?

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>40i
      >3.0L
      Your awd minivan can't even fill it's own pants let alone compete with a proper V8 ladder frame trugg. Enjoy your lease payments Ahmed.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

It’s a turbocharged inline 6, the same engine layout that powers all big rigs and cargo ships.
        With a tune it makes more torque than an American V8 while being way smoother and getting 30MPG on the highway.

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Put 15k behind it and get back to me on that one.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Mashallah habibi

2. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Only big SUVs stand a chance and IMO they are better suited for women, families. A man's car is definitely a big truck.

3. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

They don’t.
    If you can’t feel those leaf springs bouncing and unsettling the rear end, the lumbering weight, and the way the size restricts you to two inches of movement within your lane, you need to recalibrate your senses with a proper car.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Rams come with multi link rear just like Germans do, double wishbone suspension like Germans do, v8s like Germans don't, will break down just as often, and will be about half the cost to repair

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Wish I could have both, a lightly modded 997 and a nice F150 are 2/3rds of my semi-attainable dream garage. (The 3rd car would be some kind of heavily modded American classic, haven't decided exactly which one though.)

• 4 weeks ago
      Greased Geese

>feel those leaf springs bouncing and unsettling the rear end
      larp

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>a proper car
      >posts an overpriced hairdresser's car
      ayy lmao

4. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>even though I don’t haul stuff
    That's what most modern females do, so go for it girl. Frick the patriarchy.

5. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

If you can only have one vehicle and you have a penis then a truck is the way to go.

6. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>should I get one even though I don’t haul stuff?

Half tons aren't for hauling at all. Much of the time they have less payload than full size SUV's. I have seen as low as 1,250 lbs in some Ford's, which is insanely low for something that size.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

That shit's wild to me, especially considering most midsize trucks haul more than that these days. I know there are recent versions of the "heavy duty" Power Wagon that have less payload than a new Ranger too.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

I laughed when I found out my v6 colorado has the same payload capacity as most new ram 1500s, f150s, tundras, etc. I know it's a bit apples to oranges, but having a half ton with the same payload and towing, even within 1k pounds, of a midsized truck is just embarrassing. I'd never buy a half ton these days, if you aren't driving a midsized truck it may as well be a 3/4 or 1 ton with a real truck engine/transmission.

You guys are fricking idiots. Yes fully loaded half tons can't haul much because they weight a lot and have soft suspension designed for comfort or they have off road suspension. The same fricking thing applies to a fully loaded midsize. A Colorado ZR2 has a 900lb payload... Compare your base model midsize to a base model half ton before making these stupid comparisons.

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Just buy a real 3/4 ton pickup. Same engine, transmission, and frame as a real 1 ton. Everything half ton and smaller is usually a grocery getter.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Half tons make fine daily driver grocery getter lease queens. They still ride better and are slightly easier to manage in a city environment than a 3/4 ton. If you plan on doing any towing or if you plan on keeping the truck then 100% go for a 3/4 ton. I don't really trust any of the engine or troony combos in any of the new half tons.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Yeah and that's the issue. Half tons are beyond cucked by emissions bullshit, cylinder deactivation, lifter issues, and another plague worth of engine and transmission design problems. I have yet to hear of any major design flaws with the new 7.3 gasser that's been out for a few years now, and people are towing 20k+ with it regularly.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

The 7.3 is incredible. I've towed 20k lb with mine. I've hauled cars up and down the rockies and you can't even tell the difference between the car trailer unloaded and loaded. I've had the truck at an almost 45 degree camber because the aluminum body and lightweight engine keeps the center of gravity so low.
            I never thought I'd move from diesel to gas for a work truck of all things.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Post it because I'm almost sure you're full of shit on owning one.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous
          • 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

what diff u runnin nibba?

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

4.3 gears in a Dana case because may as well get the big diff for the big truck

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

I kneel. What kind of trailer you pulling?

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/JIdLIV7.jpg

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

what a nightmare
            >spark plugs are practically an engine-out job
            lmao Ford's packaging should be illegal

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

plugs are practically an engine-out job

While I agree the packaging is horrible, you can see the heads of the coils right there in the photo you dodo. Just pull some intake and you can do the other bank easy.

If you choose to complain, please be legit about it.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

idk about the rest of you guys but I like having to lift the entire body off my truck to change the plugs

gives me a chance to inspect everything underneath and see all the hidden rust that's eating my $100,000 investment

car is literally returning itself to the earth, ecogays BTFO by Ford's carbon steel

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

You have like a foot of clearance on the rear plugs.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

If I weren’t towing shit all the time I’m probably go with a 7.3 gasser as they seems great. These trucks are wonderful at work.

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

I understand that, I just think it's crazy that they make half tons so loaded down with bullshit that they haul less than even a base midsize, or even worse a 3/4 ton that gives up everything that makes an HD worth buying in exchange for less real world off road performance than a Tacoma.

I'll also add that my decently-equipped 4WD off road package Ranger still has around a 1500lb payload and the new one is even better, staying over that number even in loaded Lariat form.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Why are you comparing base model trucks to luxury trucks? You know base models haul more right? A base F-150 has a 3300lb payload... Your midsize is not hauling that. Obviously a Limited is going to haul less but who's forcing you to buy one? Not every truck is loaded down like a luxury truck.

>even worse a 3/4 ton that gives up everything that makes an HD worth buying in exchange for less real world off road performance than a Tacoma.
            An F-250Tremor still has a 3600lb payload and a 15k tow. It'll also go anywhere a Tacoma will go off road and more because it won't grenade it's transfer case like a Tacoma will.

Compare numbers all you want but a midsize will never haul 1500lbs like a half ton will so it's pointless to compare the two.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>midsize will never haul 1500lbs like a half ton
            Honestly you'll barely feel 1500lbs in either. Maybe a bit less suspension travel over a bump but that's it.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Yeah okay.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>meanwhile ford and ram de-rating trucks already sold

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Yeah because people like you are dumb and don't understand weight.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>muh unloaded half ton bends frame
            It's almost like going 50mph over large whoops while towing is going to potentially damage any vehicle.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>muh unloaded half ton bends frame
            It's almost like going 50mph over large whoops while towing is going to potentially damage any vehicle.

Forgot pic.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/aT9dlBV.jpg

>meanwhile ford and ram de-rating trucks already sold

https://i.imgur.com/vCNNEL7.jpg

Yeah okay.

Overlanding yuppies get what's coming.
            It's called a tent and weighs nothing.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>An F-250Tremor still has a 3600lb payload and a 15k tow. It'll also go anywhere a Tacoma will go off road and more because it won't grenade it's transfer case like a Tacoma will.
            I was talking about the Power Wagon from a few years ago that only had a payload of like 1,200lbs or something insane like that.
            Aside from that, I'm just saying that trucks that are so loaded with luxury shit that the payload is severely compromised seem stupid to me. I get that there's a market for them, I just don't like it.
            Also, I've had my midsize right at its 1500ish payload on a few occasions, did fine but I also was just hauling stuff around locally at low speeds so not an amazing test.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

You are having to cherry pick a 10 year old truck to almost make a point.
            Now compare the tow. Or any other truck (or any year of the same truck - the current power wagon hauls 3k lb).

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>Not every truck is loaded down like a luxury truck.

You saw the OP?

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Modern half-tons are easy fitted with overload leaves, Timbrens (love my two pair), bags (leaks so bad) and coilover shocks (nearly worthless) . Then for small money they carry 3/4 ton range loads. I've done that for decades. One of my F150s even has a steel Tommy Gate, which every mechanic or hardcore DIYer needs because they're life changing. Odd we don't see more of them.

Just buy a real 3/4 ton pickup. Same engine, transmission, and frame as a real 1 ton. Everything half ton and smaller is usually a grocery getter.

In that case DRW rules for towing but they benefit from rear spring upgrades too, like those typically done with wrecker conversions. The frame difference exists but one is wildly unlikely to crack one unless severely abused.

Because part of the fairly modern F150 cab is built from aluminum to reduce vehicle weight.

Good. Less rust. Do you just fear aluminum and not understand crash tests?

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

If I buy a dually truck it'll be a ram 5500 flatbed or stake bed, and I'll get my cdl. I've also considered a chevy express 10ft box truck and f450 flatbed. But none of this is worth getting without a cdl, since my license is only good for towing up to 10k outside of farm use. I'd rather use a 2500 gasser like a 6.0 chevy or something if I'm only towing up to 10k.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

I laughed when I found out my v6 colorado has the same payload capacity as most new ram 1500s, f150s, tundras, etc. I know it's a bit apples to oranges, but having a half ton with the same payload and towing, even within 1k pounds, of a midsized truck is just embarrassing. I'd never buy a half ton these days, if you aren't driving a midsized truck it may as well be a 3/4 or 1 ton with a real truck engine/transmission.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

That’s just regulatory BS. The frame of a pickup is vastly more capable of hauling than a typical unibody SUV, despite what payload ratings may say.

This is why it’s fine to have four adults and a bed full of mulch despite being over payload by a thousand pounds. They’re designed for it.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

This, they all have pretty much the same frame, suspension, engine, brakes, so even though it might sag a bit I wouldn’t feel too bad about “overloading” it every once in a while.

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Sitting on the bump stops at 2,000 lbs is not sagging.

Most rear end problems I ever seen have been on American half tons as well.

Toyota rear end problems come from theft more than anything

7. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

A mid size is a better choice if you don't have to haul often or at all. And they're cheaper option as well if you want to buy new

8. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

The bed is super useful even if you do only use it once every three months.
    Makes logistics a breeze not having to rent a fricking truck.
    Also driving over shit.
    Feels self sufficient not asking to borrow shit.
    Not going back to a sedan.

9. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>should I get one even though I don’t haul stuff?
    Get an SUV instead. You won't have the harsher ride of an unloaded truck to worry about, you won't have the pickup tax to worry about, but you'll have the same truck chassis and drivetrain. Get a higher spec model with adjustable damping suspension and you've got the closest modern thing in feel to an old land yacht.

10. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Halfton truck=single american
    threequaterston truck=two americans
    One and two quaterton=american family

11. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Let me guess; you ~~*need*~~ more?

12. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Because part of the fairly modern F150 cab is built from aluminum to reduce vehicle weight.

13. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Still debating if I should have got a gas superduty with 8ft bed and 6 speed instead of the 2020 150 supercab 5.0 I ended up going with. I usually don't haul much and the 150 fits in my garage, but I will always second guess myself.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

The F150 feels like a big luxurious car to drive. It’s very easy to live with.

The 250 is much worse. Are you ok with DDing a moving truck? Because that is what it feels like in comparison.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *