why do off road vehicles hold their value so well? Crazy how expensive a 10 year old raptor or wranger is...

why do off road vehicles hold their value so well?
Crazy how expensive a 10 year old raptor or wranger is...

do people really like off roading that much?

Nothing Ever Happens Shirt $21.68

DMT Has Friends For Me Shirt $21.68

Nothing Ever Happens Shirt $21.68

1. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>do people really like off roading that much?

[...]

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

those are niche internet community tho, irl ive never met anybody whos actually gone off roading

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Its a regional pasttime. Nobody in most suburban or urban areas have access to real trails that they can ride on

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

I can drive 45 minutes outside of my city of 1.2 mill and be on endless trails. There are lots of places like these.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

I’ve been noticing this trend and I think that it is people’s subconscious fear of dystopia because of our current times and that is spiking the off-road - overly capable vehicles because they would be slightly more useful in a dystopian scenario. With that in mind, I do not believe people are buying them to off road but more to prep in case it comes to that.

2. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

They're more sought after than their normal road going branded counterparts. Its no different from a special edition of any kind. Its specialized and therefore unique and worth more

3. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

aren’t most of the off road editions the top of their trim

4. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

More useful, typically no painted plastic bumpers, typically bigger engines, don’t have shitty harsh suspension of unibody vehicles, always body on frame, solid axle or portals, able to be modified (no welded gears), easier to work on. And typically construction is what we want, it’s not some plastic unibody piece of disposable shit.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>no painted plastic bumpers
      >op pic literally has plastic bumpers

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Those aren’t painted, they can take an impact and there’s no paint to scratch, and they can be replaced for cheap compared to a painted bumper.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Unibody shit covered in plastic out lasts pickups. BOF vehicles rust and snap in half.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Don't live where things rust. Not hard.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Unibody rusts just as badly but you aren't a mechanic so being moronic is understandable. Patching unibody is much more effort while BOF can be wreckage if the frame is reinforced. I could level picrel on jacks then splice the frame if desperate but smart humans don't live in the rust belt.

BOF are much easier to repair and cannibalize for parts when beyond economic repair. You just wanted to post rust and that's always fun.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

I own 3 20 year old vehicles and the only one I have to worry about snapping in half is my pickup. I have to actively undertake preemptive maintenance of blowing dirt and rust dust out of the frame with an air compressor every year so moisture doesnt sit there and rot it out from the inside. It also has ZERO undercoating on the frame or body while both of my unibody cars the same age with twice the milage have less rust on their subframes and the underside of the bodies are covered in a thick layer of factory rubber goop. You don't live where there is winter. You don't know what the frick you are talking about.

5. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Trucks like the Raptor and the TRX are expensive low number trucks that will always hold their just because of that. Normal trucks hold their value because they generally last a lot longer than most normal vehicles because they're built a lot stronger. Even more so when you don't use them as trucks.

Wranglers hold their value because of the morons buying them new and used.

6. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

do you think the people that can spend 90k$ on a truck actually go desert running?
    some of the hardware is designed to take a beating so it probably lasts longer.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

I have 2 friends who own Raptors who have told me, word for word, "I'm not taking this off-roading, worth too much".

7. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>why do off road vehicles hold their value so well?
    They never actually go off road

8. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Off roading destroys vehicles, so the supply continuously diminishes while the new ones are too expensive for most of the market

9. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Ten year old raptor has a 6.2 v8. Two year old raptor, or a new one unless you're dropping like $130k, has a 3.5l v6.
    Which one would you rather have?

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

The new one

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

I've had both, a 13' and a 17' -
      >The 6.2 is a good engine for what it is but its not very fast especially paired up with the ancient 6 speed auto in those trucks. The interior was super dated, hard plastics everywhere, never had a mechanical problem BUT I did have to put in a new hydraulic power steering pump which wasn't cheap. Also, by the time I got rid of it, the steel body was starting to show signs of rust.
      >my 17 is just a way better truck overall, way nicer interior and more 'specialty' for the Raptor. The 3.5L engine is not a regular 3.5L ecoboost and its specialty made for the raptor, has some different internals and more aggressive tuning. The 10 speed is amazing especially in sport mode, and the power delivery is more optimized compared to the older 6.2 with more torque down low. Have had a couple things fixed under warranty though, including an oil pan and cracked valve cover.

A big thing to mention that people don't seem to bring up is the huge fuel economy difference. 12 mpg in my older 6.2, 17 mpg in my 3.5. Even if the 3.5 is less reliable you're going to probably save money over time just with the fuel cost savings.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>never had a mechanical problem
        Oh no what a nightmare. Good thing you got rid of it for some gay turb shit that sounds like wet farts

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

not by choice, got side swiped by some teen driver and my insurance totaled it. I would still probably be driving my 13' today if it wasn't totaled. Was a good truck but the 17' is better. I'll take my wet farts sounding raptor that runs circles around the 6.2 and performs better off road with more aftermarket support.

10. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

it's baisically rice theory on steroids. cheap cars get riced and eventually the unriced ones become expensive, with offroad cars most modify them immediately so unmodified ones hold their value by default.

11. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

people who are into off roading are a special breed of an extremely profitable moron so if you have a company that can capitalize on that you'd be stupid not to.

I mean they're literally the kind of people ready to drop 50k in mods just to be able to crawl up a trail slower than someone on foot

12. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

it's a moron tax.

13. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Americans really want V8 powered soft suspension land yachts. No one sells them, so they buy V8 trucks with super soft off-road suspensions

14. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Big trucks makes weak men feel powerful

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Seething Europoor

15. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

It's has nothing to do with offroading, it is just that offroad vehicles are built to a higher standard which means that while it will last tens of thousands of miles offroad, it can handle hundreds of thousands on road.

16. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

No most people are just peawienering to look like they do cool shit on the weekends other than watch tv at home and jerk off. If people actually used these things for what they were meant for then the used market would be waaay cheaper because they'd all be clapped out needing repairs from abuse.

17. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>why do off road vehicles hold their value so well?

morons destroy a lot of them off roading. So if you have one that's survived in decent shape its a rare commodity.

18. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

because nobody ever takes their dear precious ride offroad, so they're not beaten to death when they decide to get the new fashion

19. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I've done more off-roading in my Subaru Outback than 20 raptorgays combined.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Sure you have sweaty

20. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Because they're actually fricking well built. The 2014 v8 raptor was probably the best pickup ever made.

21. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

because shartistanis need to HAWL extremely heavy objects such as plywood for their homes or other americans.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Seething Europoor

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *