Why do poor people do this? >finance brand new car for tens of thousands of dollars

Why do poor people do this?
>finance brand new car for tens of thousands of dollars
>5 years later the car is worth literally half of msrp
>they're still making payments
>as soon as they're done making payments they go out and finance another new car
>doing this is somehow seen as a status symbol

CRIME Shirt $21.68

Tip Your Landlord Shirt $21.68

CRIME Shirt $21.68

1. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

long nose tribe wants them to consoom and stay poor

2. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Depreciation is a b***h but someone has to eat that new cost so it can become a cheaper used model 5 years later.

3. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

While I agree the long nose tribe scam is indeed a scam, what is the alternative?
    >Buy the used car for half MSRP +15% because israelitery secondary market
    >Car has 80k hard miles on it
    >Spend whatever you managed to save in upfront costs on repairs, maintenance and general headache

Used car markets are dogshit. There is a reason everyone knows used car salesmen are fricking scum

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Learn to wrench.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Good goyim slave

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Sounds biased as hell. Some used car small-timer has a passion for Peugeots and takes in virtually any that's even remotely saveable, patches them up, and sells them for a fair price.
      Got a nice 206 from there and you can absolutely see the love and care that's been put into it.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

I bought a 2013 Scion for 8k, 1/3 of msrp. I spent $3 on a new battery for the remote. Now it's perfect. You're either horribly unlucky or coping

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

I have owned 2 cars in my life
        >First car
        1997 jaguar xj6 with 40k miles that I bought for $1400 cash from a guy on Craigslist. I know nothing about cars but I test drove it and it worked, so I bought it. Turns out it had a blown 02 sensor in the engine that prevented it from passing CA emissions tests, so I had to pay extra to get the car passed each year. The transmission blew up while I was driving it from Flagstaff to AZ the week before the covid lockdowns, I daily drive that car for 8 years, even delivered pizza in it

Probably dumped 10k into it over the years

>Second car
        2016 ford fiesta I got for next to nothing out of sheer luck. Now the transmission is giving me shit(90k miles). Can't find a decent car that isn't beat all to frick for less than 14k and I don't have that cash sitting around. Everything I see has 100k+ miles

So I've been lucky, but I think my luck has run out

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

>buys a jag and is mad when it has issues occasionally
          >buys a car infamous for transmission issues and is mad when it has transmission issues

If you want sub 100k mi you gotta pay up. Otherwise get a cheap Camry and bobs your aunty

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>Doesn't read the post
            The context clue you've managed to miss is the last line in the post moron-kun

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

I don't really care what you have to say. Call me Daddy if you want my attention

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

>2016 ford fiesta I got for next to nothing out of sheer luck. Now the transmission is giving me shit(90k miles)
          Kind of in the same boat, I have a 2014 focus, 64k miles. Transmission issues didn't come to light until 2017ish. I know it'll come knocking once I'm up there too.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

>cant find a car for less than 14k
          Jesus christ where do you live??
          I'm in Cali and I regularly find okay condition cars for less than 2.5k
          Hell, I find working Porches for less than 5k.
          Just go on FBM
          Either you're a wrenchlet that can't comprehend the idea of a fixer-upper or your shooting way too high and complaining about it

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Melbourne, Florida

>You are a wrenchlet
            You are correct I know frick all about vehicles and neither does anyone else I know. Nobody ever taught me shit. I have tried YouTube university, so I can change my own oil but I am still worried I will frick something up

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

You will learn in time, I only got into wrenching because I got a free pickup truck that I really liked but had all the problems one would assume a free vehicle would have.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Sure, but the problem is that I don't have a spare car to learn on, or the resources to invest thousands of dollars into one. I have enough for one daily driver, that needs to get my ass too and from work everyday and not rape me at the gas pump since I have a long commute

As cool as it would be to buy a

2003 Nissan 350Z · Track Coupe 2D for 11k

Which I found on FB it could be a total shit box. I have no idea. Guy has all the mods he put listed on it but i know nothing about this stuff. Just that it looks cool and I like the 350z

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

True. Buy new, less headaches.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>less headaches
        This argument is absolute dogshit
        You could either make the second biggest financial decision of your life, or spend a little time dealing with some buttholes and sacrifice a month or 2 month's paychecks
        This idea that convenience is somehow worth 15-30k$ is insane. Are you guys really that lazy?

>inb4 the repairs
        Learn 2 wrench

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

And you think new cars don't break down? Haha

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>buy new car
        >has a minor rattle that annoys me
        >they take it for a week and give me a loaner free of charge
        >get it back and no rattle
        Yeah, they sure do break down all of the time

4. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Not everyone views buying a car as a financial investment
    But there sure are a lot of moronic people out there
    It's probably fine if you want to build credit, can afford the payments within your means, and intend to just keep the car forever

5. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

The truly poor people are the ones who don't understand that sometimes having that peace is mind is worth paying a little extra for.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

The true chads make the adult choice to be competent at many things thereby to lessen our dependence and reject learnt helplessness.

While I agree the long nose tribe scam is indeed a scam, what is the alternative?
      >Buy the used car for half MSRP +15% because israelitery secondary market
      >Car has 80k hard miles on it
      >Spend whatever you managed to save in upfront costs on repairs, maintenance and general headache

Used car markets are dogshit. There is a reason everyone knows used car salesmen are fricking scum

What would you prefer they do? Serious question. Why do you imagine salesmen control the market rather than react to demand and charge what it will bear? You're free to buy private party and never interact with a dealer.

Why is (most of) DA so helpless? Real men choose to learn to wrench early in life because it makes us capable in many ways and increases our choices far beyond the helpless. Then we buy opportunistically, for example vehicles we know are broken which drives the price down. We sort them and drive one and as our skills and capabilities grow so do our fleet sizes because we can now easily afford what plebs cannot.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

"Real men" don't have to harp about how masculine they are, homosexual

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

top 5 gayest posts of 2024 early contender

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>little extra
      haha
      if only

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

What peace of mind would you be missing? Do you not trust your own wrenching ability?

Buy a car that isn’t as susceptible to depreciation.

All new cars will lose about 10% of their value the very second you leave the lot. That's just fact. But by all means, keep buying new so the cheap used cars keep flowing

6. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Buy a car that isn’t as susceptible to depreciation.

7. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Those "poor people" could buy out your entire bloodline and make you their slaves.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

You are utterly disconnected from reality if you think someone whose entire income goes to the latest shiny toy, can hire let alone buy someone

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

You are utterly disconnected from reality if you think everyone makes as little as you

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

It's not a flex to completely fail to comprehend what the post says.

Stop having a temper tantrum and try learning to read, hmm?

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

You get exactly what I meant, and it offended you. Mull over it for a bit.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

You've offended nobody, he's calling you a moron because that statement can only come out of a sub 60 IQ individual

8. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

idk the car is a small percent of my expenses either way

9. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Why do the other group of poor people do this?
    >hear about warren buffet and jeff bezos
    >buy $1000 shitbox
    >pay as you go monthly repair bills
    >just 50 more years and i'll become just like warren buffet
    >continue driving car that smells of stale ciggies cheap cologne and rat poop

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

You can either buy your economic shit box and save money, so that when life inevitably decides to frick you over, you have some resources to tap into

OR

You spend everything/more than you can afford, enjoy life until it comes knocking and get completely obliterated by the stroke of date because you have no resources

Pro tip, rich people still choose the first option but their definition of economic shit box is different than yours

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Rich people that drive economy cars are already rich, they already created value or are in the process of building something big before making their automotive decisions, they drive economy cars because
        >everyone knows who they are - nothing to prove
        >private jet to important meetings on a regular basis
        >zero enthusiasm about cars
        >want to blend in
        >their other fancy cars are locked away in a garage

It isn't the same as being a poorgay working a dead end job trying to make it by saving every penny and investing it into boomerfunds or crypto

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

>Still doesn't get how percentages work
          Look man I'll use simple numbers for you

>Be average American poorgay
          >Networth is $20k
          >Responsibly try to spend 10% or less on transportation
          >Budget is $2k
          >Purchase economic shit box

Versus
          >Be rich butthole
          >Networth is $5,000,000
          >Responsibly try to spend 10% or less on transportation
          >Budget is 500k
          >Purchase "economic shit box"

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>life inevitably decides to frick you over
        There it is, the poorgay doomer mentality. The someone else's used cum-and-fart wagon driver, and also the next Warren Buffet everyone. "I'm poor because life fricks me."

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

>Willingly ignoring that unexpected, typically negative, events can and will happen
          I know you are just shit posting because nobody is this ignorant. Bad shit happens to people all the time. Your spouse cheats, you get cancer, some beaner Tbones you at an intersection, your toaster sparks at 1am and burns your house down. Shit happens. If you have no resources when shit happens, you get fricked and die. If you have resources, you get 12 heart transplants and keep living, like that one Rothschild

10. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>It's another "DA thinks everyone who finances is as broke as them" episode

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>coping and seething because they got scammed by a stealership
      Learn to wrench, learn to buy and sell

11. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

If I buy a new car I'm keeping it forever lol.
    I'm not going to be a good goy who just moves onto the next one after I pay it off.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *