It's All Fucked Shirt $22.14

POSIWID: The Purpose Of A System Is What It Does Shirt $21.68

1. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Because EVs are shit.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

/thread
      it's not even just the fire bomb battery, these pieces of shit are so heavy that every single part close to the wheels is busted after 10k km. when you watch slow motion videos of these E-shit porsche you can see how the tires are barely being held on the rim in corners.

2. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Because no one wants them.
    Some moron buys it and realizes why no one wants it and wants to get rid of it, then realizes he needs to cut the asking price dramatically.

3. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

People whined that big german luxury cars were too complicated to fix. A lot of that was hyperbole.

Now add more proprietary software into the mix, involved in critical functinos, and it's glitchy software. I know a guy with one of these he bought that was an absolute lemon, of the first 12 months he owned the car it was in his garage for like 2 months; the rest of the time it was at the dealer for electrical bullshit. Software and hardware glitches that made it undriveable. He loved the car when it worked but couldn't wait to unload it.

If the computers actually go bad when these are 10-20 years old, imagine the cost if they're even still available. Not sure what it will look like to retrofit alternate systems analogous to an engine swap in an old Jag XJS, it's probably not easy.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>If the computers actually go bad when these are 10-20 years old, imagine the cost if they're even still available.
      If it's anything like vintage computers, only the most neckbearded of autists will only be able to run them, and only the most powerful wizardry of virgin manchildren will be able to remanufacture parts for them.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>People whined that big german luxury cars were too complicated to fix. A lot of that was hyperbole.

It wasn't at the time. They could be absolute nightmares.

Just because we have found something worse doesn't mean that they still weren't bad.

It's like if you are gay and like fricking ass vs being gay and being fricked in the ass and sucking dick at the same time. You would be gay either way but one is just more extreme.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

that's one hell of an analogy

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>If the computers actually go bad when these are 10-20 years old, imagine the cost if they're even still available

Jusat recap the computers. If neckbeards can keep a Macintosh LC running, they'll find a way to keep these running.

4. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Idk, maybe battery degradation or mediocre range. I don’t want an ev but if I did I’d prefer this over a tesla, it looks a hell of a lot better and the build quality is probably less sketchy.

5. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>1st gen luxury EV that cost $200,000+ new and was still slower than a Tesla S Plaid that costs half as much and comes with full self-driving.
    It was bound to depreciate like a rock. Granted I'd buy a used taycan turbo for 100k over a model S plaid, even though it's slower and can't drive itself.
    Electric is for people who view a car as an appliance and there's only so much you can charge for "soul" in an appliance, especially when one half the price is objectively superior (as an appliance)

6. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

because they're endless fricking moneypits

7. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Because non dealership locked manufacturers could modify prices at will to match demand. During the pandemic the prices were astronomically high, then they came down after. Everyone predicted this would happen, but people purchased these vehicles because they couldn't wait. Same thing with GPUs. People paid thousands of dollars for $500 cards, and now that the shortage is over their cards are have dropped significantly in value.

8. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>german cars that aren't 911 GT3s and GT2s have always lost significant value because they're overpriced
    >a german car that's trying desperately to copy tesla and will never be seen as anything other than a knock off of the true trend setter
    its a mystery.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

how is beating Tesla at their own game while having less time & money to develop EV's copying them?

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

>Special Olympic Gold

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

How are they beating Tesla by not being able to outsell them and being slower on the track, the only thing Porsche is supposed to be good at that no one buying EVs even cares about.

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

>unplugged Tesla
          >not production

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

you can easily go buy one. not much different from Porsche's stripped out shitboxes.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Nope, I can't find it at the Tesla store and official website.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

it's really funny how in order to beat Porsche they have to make a literal track-only impractical racecar with a fully gutted interior with over stressed batteries/motors.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Yup, you got it right.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Go ask unplugged to build you one. they will.

it's really funny how in order to beat Porsche they have to make a literal track-only impractical racecar with a fully gutted interior with over stressed batteries/motors.

>literal track-only impractical racecar with a fully gutted interior with over stressed batteries/motors.
            that's what Taycan is. show me a non-gutted Taycan on street tires with no roll cage that beats the Model S around the nurburgring. you can't.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>show me a non-gutted Taycan on street tires with no roll cage that beats the Model S around the nurburgring
            a roll cage and properly rated tires is a safety requirement for most tracks but yeah go ahead and out yourself as someone who's been to a track.
            yet unplugged needs to have overly aggressive,downright impractical aero, with no interior to even match a stock Taycan.
            btw, the entire unplugged performance track kit is, by itself, worth 100k$+, so the price equals out to a fresh off the line Taycan Turbo GT Weissach.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>roll cage and full racing harness, as well as slick tires are a """safety""" requirement
            lmfao, maybe Porsche should learn to engineer a better car and they wouldn't need this for their shitbox to be "safe". as it stands, they don't make a better production car that isn't some track prepped shitbox and you then have to cope when the Tesla is the better all out track car. and that's why everyone will continue to see them as a knock off. its the "Tesla we have at home" so eurocucks who are peer pressured to support their auto industry have a tesla of their own. why would i buy a Porsche that needs slicks, a racing harness, and a full on roll cage to be safe on track when a tesla on basic summer tires is far more practical to live with? why would i settle for some half assed track car from Porsche when Tesla is what people want for time attack?

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>slower than a Yaris

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>another shitbox that can't compete without slicks.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

I don’t get how you can seriously consider a car without an lsd in any way interesting for track stuff. Tesla isn’t serious and all these mods it takes to get it competing are telling you that it’s not right for the job.

It’s a corvette DPi monstrosity just to compete and nobody would have fun driving it if it was competing

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

you don't need an LSD when you have individual motors moving each wheel

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

homie the nurburgring is a "toll road"

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>>a roll cage and properly rated tires is a safety requirement for most tracks but yeah go ahead and out yourself as someone who's been to a track.
            >be porsche
            >seethe at gtr
            >buy gtr
            >run months with gtr to figure how a sports car is built
            >solution came to germs in a dream
            >ask for special tyres
            >develop trim 3x the base price of the car
            >wait for perfect conditions
            >run numerous laps
            >we beat godzilla
            >porschiet no. 1
            a cage also adds stiffness thus improving handling

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>no roll cage
            So it will be faster, what's your point?

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

based moron who doesn't understand structural rigidity.

9. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

All ev's have crazy depreciation because they're government subsidized. If you had to pay the full price for an EV nobody would buy them.

10. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Everyone is realizing that non-tesla EVs are basically just beta testing, so they drop like a rock in value. Also because most of the time they are only purchased due to direct government interference, people don't see than as something they actually need but are imposed on them

11. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>slopnik
    Stop reading that shit

12. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>EV

13. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

People care about depreciation?

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

what an absolutely stupid comment.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

why would you ever give two fricks about how much a car is gonna be worth years from the day you buy it? The point of buying the car is to GET THE CAR. this has to be some mickey mouse dave ramsey shit for morons who don't have an income to match the iq level of someone who knows better than to give a frick but couldnt anyway cause theyre not a broke moron who had to nickle and dime their way through their rice and beans life. Cars are never investments. You are moronic.

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

>doubling down on your mind-numbingly stupid take

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

No response. You ARE beneath me.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>No response. You ARE beneath me.

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

>buy a car
          >find out you really dont like it that much or want something else
          >surprise 100k loss
          Thats why. Poors might not understand this concept.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

sounds more like something only poors would pay attention to. Don't tell me you can't afford 100k to switch cars?

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

>buy 100k car
          >your gf (lol) gets pregnant
          >you suddenly need back seats
          >go to trade in your 100k car against the equivelant 100k SUV
          >yeah bro it's worth like, idk, 40k maybe
          >but I bought it here 6 months ago
          >look bro we don't really care, i can do like 35

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Dummy can't think ahead 6 months? Sounds like you should buy a $100k car

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>buy a car
            >find out you really dont like it that much or want something else
            >surprise 100k loss
            Thats why. Poors might not understand this concept.

seems like a skill issue. why are you buying cars you don't want the next year? are you a woman?

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

If you can buy a 100k you can also buy a second car and keep that one

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

morons such as yourself cannot comprehend

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

>ooh i can't drive my car because I need to keep the resale high to lease a new BMW mcslop turkbox next week
        You are poor, a Black person and not even remotely into driving

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

I care very much.
      Wonder if I can get a Taycan turbo s for sub 60k in a few years

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

Sure you just have to change the battery

14. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Luxury cars in general depreciate hard.
    Non-2door Porsche's depreciate hard.
    Electric cars depreciate hard.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>Luxury cars in general depreciate hard.
      Cadillac's V series/blackwings don't.

>Electric cars depreciate hard.
      Teslas don't.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

Not that I'm a candidate to own a BEV, but I would never buy a used Tesla, there's no way to know how it was used

15. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Because it's a 200k car before options.
    A panamera loses about the same, the retail on this car was $208,930 and it has baby miles

16. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

do you expect to pay 300k for a used sports car that's got 150k on it?
    what's actually happening is that you're paying a dozen times it's worth when you buy new.
    for example a 28k camry is actually worth like 9k fresh off the assembly line.

17. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

> jalopnik
    you have to go back

18. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>call it a turbo
    >contains no turbocharger
    >wonder why no one wants it

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

That name doesn't bother me cuz the term turbo means fast and quick, moron.

https://i.imgur.com/FcMx5fm.jpg

why do these cars depreciate soo much?

All EV cars depreciate so fast cuz of the impact of rapid technological advancements, which mean the demand for the newest technology leads to a rapid cycle of buying and replacing, which contributes to the steep depreciation of smartphones/EV cars. As newer models come out, the older ones lose their appeal and, consequently, their value.

The example of this: The taycan facelift is superior to predecessor and other EV cars (especially Tesla cars) in many ways. Superior range, superior charging rate, more efficiency, faster and more.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

>cuz the term turbo means fast and quick, moron.
        lol

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

kek based moron.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

No, it means the car has a turbo you fricking mongoloid nonce

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

See

https://i.imgur.com/lTI5ORd.jpg

kek based moron.

Cope harder

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

According to your stupid logic, Tesla has a supercharger you cretin

19. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>why do these cars depreciate soo much?

Its an EV. Everyone is starting to learn what their problems are and that they're never going to last the test of time the way a gas engine will. That's not a Porsche you're going to be able to collect, its a Porsche that's going to go to the scrap yard within the next 10 years.

20. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>$200k+ car is now only worth $100k+ after 4 years of being driven every day
    >somehow this is news to OP

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

One would think so, but even Porsche themselves can’t get rid of them even by offering shady financing.

21. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

It gets shit on by Tesla which are sold for ~100K less.

22. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

damn, going for that Maserati depreciation

23. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>an electric porsche
    What's the point?
    I'm sure that's also the conclusion their sellers eventually got to in the end, and any potential buyer evidently knows this already

24. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>250k car that isn't a limited edition/supercar
    A 250k Merc S-Class does the same thing

25. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Electric luxury cars, without a subscription plan for continuous upgrades, are an idea as dumb as those fashionwear-branded mobile phones of the late-00s.
    Electric cars have to be treated either like gaymin 'puters, able to be constantly upgraded to the newest best specs by swapping out individual bits, or like chinesium mobile phones, cheap and disposable. There is no middle ground.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

sadly in the mah brofits era, disposable chinesium is the only option available

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

Problem is, you sometimes get the worst of both worlds. Tesla is an example of this. It's 100% pure chinesium-style engineering, a lot of parts come in large single-piece blocks, which are massively expensive to replace (compared to traditional multi-part bodyworks), but it's not a cheap purchase. I guess it makes sense to be considered the iPhone of electric cars, since it shares a lot of its design ethos.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

The tech is progressing, but not that fast, and a lot of the changes are just cost reductions. You could make the same argument about cars in general. The cars 10 years from now will probably outclass cars today in a lot of ways.

There will be reasons to prefer older electric cars. They will have fewer electric nannies and mandatory assists. They will probably be lighter weight as the bloat across the industry is independent of powertrain. They will be easier to work on, because difficulty of working on cars is related to the experience and the parts availability which takes time to build.

26. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Flavor of the year luxury car that rich people buy when they're brand new and in the headlines and then nobody gives a shit once theyre commonplace on the roads. Also because EVs are a fricking meme

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Came here to post this
      The new luxury car market is quite literally dictated by these owners that buy these cars just to toss them aside like an old worthless toy a year or so later.

27. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>first ownes want to move to something new
    >second hand buyer doesn't want to pay top dollar for used goods
    Gee I wonder why luxury cars plummet in value.

28. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Expensive maintenance costs are a feature, not a bug. It keeps poors from ever being able to drive them long term.

29. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>eggshit
    >ugly
    >slow
    >gay

30. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Beyond EVs, Luxury/exotic cars are a b***h to repair. If you see anyone that owns one, you should know they have enough money to burn OR they’re on loans and can’t manage their money. It’s never in between

31. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

If it's an EV then why does the name have turbo in it?

32. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

I think its those Porsches and audi e-tron gt that some local insurance companies refuse to insure. The battery replacements are insanely expensive, both due to the battery prices and the amount of work involved. I think I saw like 60-70k€ quoted in the news article. They also don't have very good range either, even new.

33. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

fugly

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *