Why do they NEEEEED their autistic custom meme carriages while most others get by just fine with run off the mill Sprinters and the like?

Why do they NEEEEED their autistic custom meme carriages while most others get by just fine with run off the mill Sprinters and the like?

Mike Stoklasa's Worst Fan Shirt $21.68

It's All Fucked Shirt $22.14

Mike Stoklasa's Worst Fan Shirt $21.68

1. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Bread vans have more cargo capacity than European-style vans.
    They’ve been doing this successfully for decades, so why should they switch to smaller vehicles?

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

huh?

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Quiet, you.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

That's not even real bread

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Buy some real bread, you piece of shit.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

Oh cute, a Mercedes Benz T2. The largest one is comparable in size to the second-smallest tier of Freightliner MT45. By "comparable" I mean "smaller in every dimension." That's why Mercedes replaced the T2 with the Vario which is... Also smaller than the second smallest version of the MT45. At least they've got, uh, well not cargo space obviously, but they're more than capable of reaching 55MPH with a paltry load so... What was the point you were trying to make by showing off a Mercedes that's no bigger than a Ford Transit van? Is the issue that you're European so you think that teeny thing is "big", not realizing you could park it inside the average American box truck?

2. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Idk but I've been investing like 10% of my $ into AMZN because they're actually innovative. UPS FedEx USPS literally stone age tech operated by cavemen in comparison. UPS is extremely reluctant to changes and nu ideas. Whereas Amazon will literally drop everything and try something else just to test out a teams wild idea.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

All that innovation, and UPS is still more reliable and my stuff is delivered less damaged than Amazon and Fedex can manage.

Amazing what Unions can do.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>Amazing what Unions can do.
        Just ignore the layoffs

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

those were non-union employees, as confirmed by union representatives. you DO know how to read, don't you?

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Weren't those mainly managers? lmao

It's trickle down unemployment. Technically it was non union employees that were laid off. But they were laid off because their shifts or even entire buildings are being "consolidated". The union part timers aren't technically fired because they can get a different shift or follow the work but they've got a second job or other responsibilities that they can't just flip a shift for, or they're not going to drive 3 hours a day in New Jersey traffic for a 22hr a week job, so they just quit.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Weren't those mainly managers? lmao

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Unions are for gays

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

>t. yes licking Mr.Shekelstein's boots constitutes 50% of my daily calorie intake, how could you tell

https://i.imgur.com/Lza1rNY.jpg

I think there's a branding part to it, in addition to the other reasons listed.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Unions are great at taking your dues and donating them straight to Democrat politicians. It isn't the 19th century anymore, Unions aren't needed

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>innovative
      scamming people into buying delivery truck franchises and hiring minorities to drive vans under constant video surveillance for $22/hour.

anyone who isn't poor will continue to stick with UPS or DHL for international.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

DSP owners can make a quarter million a year

Yeah UPS will be weeded out

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

>DSP owners can make a quarter million a year
          max IQ required to believe this is representative of the average DSP owner experience?
          it's a lot like owning a fast food franchise. for every guy making $250k+ there's dozens who spent $500k on buying themselves a $70k/year, 60 hour a week job.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Ford F59s and E450s are not ancient, reliable, and easy to work on.
      Only consistent complain is the heater control valves

All that innovation, and UPS is still more reliable and my stuff is delivered less damaged than Amazon and Fedex can manage.

Amazing what Unions can do.

based

https://i.imgur.com/K7y1dFR.jpg

>It would take 2 vans to deliver what a single p12 can do
      wat

You've never seen a loaded truck is you think that little thing is hacking it the top isn't even as wide as the bottom, moron

https://i.imgur.com/CbTIxRt.jpg

>That van is not carrying anyones mail
      They are doing fine

Doesn't ship the same shit, it simply wouldn't fit

3. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

It would take 2 vans to deliver what a single p12 can do. The insides just aren't designed with maximum box loading capacity in mind. There's a reason UPS and FedEx and even other companies like Cintas and Aramark use traditional vans. They're just better. Sprinters are for " couriers" who do more driving than walking. Yeah maybe if you only deliver 100 packages a day then it's fine.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>It would take 2 vans to deliver what a single p12 can do
      wat

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Length might as well be irrelevant. It's the shape. To carry boxes you need something box shaped. The curved sides and top cut deeply into overall volume. Not to mention they all have barn doors so have fun with that 60+ piece bulk stop at a shipping dock. There's a reason why fedex only uses those for their rural/expedited drivers. The city drivers doing the real work are using the same freightliners as everyone else.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Arlight.
          A shame that they phased out the Vario because of EU homosexualry once again

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

UPS's old Vario fleet looked so neat. Always looked well looked after and the paint was shiny.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Yeah they look slick in that color and well maintained

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

hot

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

nice

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

That econoline has autism

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

>they all have barn doors
          no shit
          you can't unload a pallet without barn doors

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

can a grown man stand up inside of that while carrying a 40lb box?

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Yes

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Yes

To expand on my answer, yes, the Amazon vans have tall roofs that will allow most people to walk upright inside the cargo area. However, like

Length might as well be irrelevant. It's the shape. To carry boxes you need something box shaped. The curved sides and top cut deeply into overall volume. Not to mention they all have barn doors so have fun with that 60+ piece bulk stop at a shipping dock. There's a reason why fedex only uses those for their rural/expedited drivers. The city drivers doing the real work are using the same freightliners as everyone else.

said, UPS trucks are box shaped – Amazon Sprinter/Transit vans aren’t, so they can only have one shelf to carry packages, while the box trucks that UPS, FedEx, and (also) Amazon uses can have two shelves on each side.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

also consider that amazon parcels are not that heavy. Especially the envelopes are 50% air when stacked.
            Many also return to the depot mid day and get their van loaded another time.

Regular vans are far cheaper than box vans.
            A new sprinter van costs 52k€, all it needs are some shelfs
            a box van chassis costs 55k€ (germany)
            Then you still need the box which is about 10k€ on top of that.

Sure they will get a fleet discount but there is a 25% price difference

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

sprinter vans 100% have the room. I've seen a 6'5 guy stand upright comfortably

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

Yes

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Ok now the frick is full floor to shelves to ceiling with 80 Chewie boxes weighing the same mass as the sun and you need to fit a bunch of gas grills and patio furntiture in there.
            No, Black person, there's no way you're fitting the same amount of shit, none

• 2 months ago
        s10fag

>Little tiny single 235/65r15 versus dual 19.5's

That van is not carrying anyones mail, imagine the maintenance costs if it was loaded to gvw every day.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

>That van is not carrying anyones mail
          They are doing fine

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/Ery3zj2.png

Arlight.
        A shame that they phased out the Vario because of EU homosexualry once again

https://i.imgur.com/gEcOocx.jpg

UPS's old Vario fleet looked so neat. Always looked well looked after and the paint was shiny.

omg miniature UPS truck, it's adorable

https://i.imgur.com/o5kX0zG.jpg

Another really common style

https://i.imgur.com/4eJY0vK.jpg

That's not even real bread

Look at the wittle baby Euro vans, so cute. Do Euros actually think these are large? Because they really, really aren't. I know they look big and square like American trucks, but these are smaller in every dimension than even a very average box truck in the US.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Sums it up. Box shaped vehicle carries boxes really well. Ellipsoid box shaped vehicles carries boxes well but not as well as square box shaped vehicles.

4. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

been trying to find this style of van in finland but nobody has imported them

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

be the change you want to see in the world

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

considering it but don't know what the fees are

5. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I used to work as a delivery driver using normal Ford Sprinters and I wish I had a UPS like van. They are so much more comfier to use.

6. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I want to get a job at UPS just so i can have a chance to get my hands on some of those 4bt cummins they have in some of those trucks.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

no diesels anymore, they phased the last ones out in 2023

https://i.imgur.com/Lza1rNY.jpg

sprinters suck dick to work out of, dedicated box vans are far more efficient and less strain on the body to use.

Idk but I've been investing like 10% of my $ into AMZN because they're actually innovative. UPS FedEx USPS literally stone age tech operated by cavemen in comparison. UPS is extremely reluctant to changes and nu ideas. Whereas AMAZON will literally drop everything and try something else just to test out a teams wild idea.

nothing about amazon is innovative besides their flounting of Anti trust law. Almost everything they sell is garbage. Frick amazon

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

FedEx still runs cummins in the MT45s and 55s

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

>cummins
          idk shit about these courier vans, been meaning to ask why fedex stepvans sound so good and now I know

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

But that's only the Freightliners they use, the Fords are all 5.4, 6.8, and 7.3

>FRICK OFF homosexualS
            But that’s why all vehicles are rounder than they were 30 years ago. Less drag means better fuel efficiency, thus cars can travel farther than they used to be able to do.

Yeah but the difference is most cars aren't loaded with 70;b Chewie boxes and full grills with sets of patio furniture, homosexual. You don't make rounded corners without losing space

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

That lost space doesn’t matter – you can still fill up a parcel truck with the same shit. If you’ve ever loaded, unloaded, or delivered the packages in these trucks, you would realize how little rounded corners affect cargo space.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>That lost space doesn’t matter
            Then you've never had to help one of these morons load into another truck when they break down. Yes, that space matters, there isn't a millimeter that goes unused and these trucks ship MASSIVE things. You simply wouldn't get half of this in a sprinter van, I know because there's only a handful of Transit 350s across the half a dozen contractors we repair for. They are simply dead weight and only get sent into the worst tight areas

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

what engines do the brown UPS vans have? 6.7 ISB?

my 6.8 2v doesn't sound as good as that and it has no cat
            they can sound pretty fricking brutal with the right setup but still nothing like an LPG bus with that turbo-diesel-like air pressure sound

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>what engines do the brown UPS vans have? 6.7 ISB?
            Most here run a 6.0 GM gasser. They run a
            lot of propane trucks which I assume would be something Ford based. Purolator runs mostly Ford 5.4's. Fedex runs a mix of everything from loud as frick clapped out 4BT's to 8100 GM workhorse gassers.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

There are plenty of diesel ups trucks in the us. All the new ones are gas, even 24’ box trucks are gas. It was whenever they started the dpf/def emmisions they went all gas.
        Also it’s sad ups used to custom spec Grumman etc to build really nice 25-30 year trucks. I worked there In 2004 and drove a 1981 p1000 4spd straight 6 with manual steering. It was a pain to drive but rock solid and indestructible. Imagine the wear and tear over 25years. Looked kind of like the OP picture but round headlights.
        I had
        GM the old style, carburetor gas engine, manual everything, indestructible but zero driver comfort. Lap belt and “low back seat” and “high step”
        Oshkosh manual diesel kind of a piece of junk. Front wheel tract narrower than the back known for flipping over
        Ford manual diesel weird light power steering otherwise decent
        International short nose style diesel excellent trucks we had a ton of these very reliable and nice to drive. Down had automatics
        Freight liner Mercedes Diesel automatic nice truck put 530k miles on it
        Workhorse (I think they are gm) v8 gas. Piece of junk they are beat and falling apart at 10-15 years with 250k miles. All the above could do 20+ years
        Freightliner gas Drives nice but dosnt feel put together like the old one would be suprised if it makes it over 200k
        I much preferred the “short nose@ trucks that just had the windshield and doors the new ones all have a longer hood and quarter windows which just makes the front stick out more. If I had my pick I’d take one of the international diesels. I’m

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Afaik there arent any diesels left in Alaska. If there's no diesels left in Alaska I wouldnt expect them to be in service still anywhere else. Loved the merc diesels even if they topped out around 60~

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

There are still a bunch of internationals and some of the freightliner diesels down south. Even a couple Isuzu. Still have the diesel sprinters with the “box” on the back that is like a 700 in the back with a van front. I’d say about 25% of the package cars are diesel all the older stuff.
            I think my building gets the old one off test trucks or something. No had an old manual 1200 diesel international that had a third slide over/fold down seat and extendable rollers that slide out from under the 4000/8000 section.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

>Workhorse (I think they are gm) v8 gas.
          the 496?

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Be careful, you might turn into a lifer who has been driving that route for 50 years and now have really comfy benefits to ever consider a career shift.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Nah, you retire at 55 with a full pension

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

We have so many guys at my warehouse who have like almost 30 years of seniority and refuse to quit. Problem is it fricks up the que on the bids for 22.4 positions and pretty much locks out anyone else wanting to get in. It's why so many people are stuck being cover driver or in pre load hell.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>We have so many guys at my warehouse who have like almost 30 years of seniority and refuse to quit.
            >no YOU need to quit so I can get a better job here! I'm not gonna go look somewhere else, that's YOUR responsibility!

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Yeah shit like that is why I quit, got better things to do with my life than bump myself into sawdust for slightly above minimum wage.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Cope. You are either too much of a fat frick or a lazy frick. it's not that hard of a job

7. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Another really common style

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

How come America doesn’t have box vans/trucks like these? I mean, we have some with side doors, but they don’t hang low to the ground like that.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

because the trucks we have are optimized for the market

do people think ups bought a shitload of trucks that aren't ideal for their use case?
        the entire thing is built around being more efficient than competitors, why do you think they would choose something that would hurt their extremely profitable and well established business?

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

I wasn’t asking why UPS didn’t have those trucks in the US. I was asking how come we don’t have that style of truck, in general.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Because space is not at a premium, and maintenance is, and well as needing to drive on all sorts of quality of roads.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>I wasn’t asking why UPS didn’t have those trucks in the US.
            Van chassis doesn't quite make sense because the US has abundant amounts of space. The US is so large that even truck cab chassis platforms still leaves a lot on the table, so now you're solidly into a medium duty chassis and get the huge box van.

The US can get away with gigantic box vans because everything is big here. Simple as that. People here can daily a 10x10 HEMTT in most of the country if they were inclined to feed the 3-4 mpg of diesel it drinks down.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>dailying a HEMTT
            I'm thinking that's a pretty based idea anon

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

You can get a dual rear wheel axle under that you just have to order it in that configuration.

>Little tiny single 235/65r15 versus dual 19.5's

That van is not carrying anyones mail, imagine the maintenance costs if it was loaded to gvw every day.

Looks like it's built on the FWD sprinter chassis, they may not have that

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

>You can get a dual rear wheel axle under that you just have to order it in that configuration
          I don’t give a shit about that. I’m referring to the side door.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

I do fleet maintenance one of the big 3 and I'm seeing a lot of the dinosaur GMC/Express box trucks get phased out in favor of these

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

>I'm seeing a lot of the dinosaur GMC/Express box trucks get phased out in favor of these
          The largest cost aside from labor is fuel and the old V8 and V10 platforms are stupidly inefficient. Even a 1-2mpg improvement translates to 10% reduction in fuel expense because of how bad their fuel economy is. Fleet operators also balance out the drivetrain downsizing issue and either account for the cost of replacing vehicles before the turbocharged engine asplodes, or if the option is available, stick with a NA engine and run it longer.

8. 2 months ago
    Anonymous
  9. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Tell me about the UPS truck, why does he use the Alero headlights?

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Is that what the headlights are sourced from? I walk by dozens of these things everyday and the design always looked out of place compared to every other package car.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Motorhomes use random headlight and taillight housings too. I'm guessing the upfitter starts calling vehicle manufacturers and asks them if they have 100k or so headlight assemblies they want to get rid of or something.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

God dammit…

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Funny thing is that generic housings are cheaper. I think for motor homes they should standardize to sealed beam housings and use high performance LED retrofits.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

I like how that jeepgay is tailgating that rv.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

you aren't as clever as you think you are

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

Isn't the Jeep in tow?

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

They got a deal when GM was winding down Oldsmobile. I'm talking a fricking warehouse full of headlights.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Its a big truck

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

for you

10. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Because every year our volume is increasing by the frick ton and our routes keep getting more stops. You'd be surprised how much shit you can cram into a package van depending on the loader.
    t. cover driver

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>You'd be surprised how much shit you can cram into a package van depending on the loader.
      Car Tetris is an art and science. My record is loading 1850 lbs in 50 cubic feet of space. I've evolved the skill to be able to stuff blankets and clothes into the nooks and crannies where the tire jack and the access ports for the rear lightbulbs go, even in between the pillars and seats. I leave a peephole for the passenger side mirror.

11. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Simple. They are cheap to buy in fleet from whoever makes them, durable (seriously they are no frills and ONLY RECENTLY got air conditioning) the last 2 big things they got were auto trans and before that power steering.

Also, these things have a ~25 year service life. So they are basically bought at cost and run into the ground. I used to work there and see these things go through hell and back.

Simple as. built cheap, tough as hell, simple as all hell. Then run into the ground and replaced.

12. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Why the FRICK would you make a van with ROUNDED FRICKING CORNERS? Even that new USPS mememobile FRICKED IT UP
    GAY AND moronic
    ONLY UPS GETS THIS RIGHT
    >muh aerodynamics
    FRICK OFF homosexualS

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>FRICK OFF homosexualS
      But that’s why all vehicles are rounder than they were 30 years ago. Less drag means better fuel efficiency, thus cars can travel farther than they used to be able to do.

13. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Is this just a thread for delivery vans?

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

eeyup. this one's sending something alright

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

Remember when Australians lost to a V12 Transit

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

>V12
          The XJ220 was a V6, anon

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

yes

• 1 month ago
      DANANA NANA

>70 series land cruiser front

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>Japan
      >van writing is all in English
      Based

14. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Brand name recognition sells

15. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Because it has soul.

16. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Amazon literally saved Rivian by commissioning custom vans from them

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

These look so fricking dystopian

17. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Hon hon hon van

18. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Ups driver gay here. When I started driving 16-18 years ago, most of the trucks were gm built. In-line 6 cylinder gas. 4 speed manual. No power steering. My first truck was a 108xxx series truck. Absolute man truck and hard to drive

Then we got some N/A diesels. They had power steering, and a 5 speed.

Than we got some international powered turbo diesel 5 speed spicer/autos

Same time frame, the p6 series trucks had 4bt Cummins. I fricking loved those trucks. They were actually quick when empty

Then they got a bunch of v8 work horses chassis. V8 sounds great. First Cadillac driving trucks we got

My building now has natural gas trucks. I believe it’s a ford v8. Some series have shitty TCU programming and shift too early.

Also, comfy af job. 120k a year. 0 cost health benefits. 4500+ a month pension at 55 years old.

19. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>reeeEEEeeEEEeeEE stop using things that do what you need them to do and use things that fall short because I said so fascist!

20. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

even in germany they force mercedes to built custom carriges

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *