Why do you drive?

As the question implies: why do you drive? I recently came across a few crossroads in life and noticed that I slowly find myself wanting to drive less and less as the world becomes more and more uncertain. I love cars, and love my car specifically; but I just cannot seem to shake myself out of feeling like I'm not taking something like driving to the fullest. I love the feeling of being free and having the privilege to go anywhere I want, but having the deep feeling in my gut saying "is it worth it" really annoys me, and kind of makes anything really feel less enjoyable. Does this come and go, or is this just what life does to you after realizing it?

Thalidomide Vintage Ad Shirt $22.14

Black Rifle Cuck Company, Conservative Humor Shirt $21.68

Thalidomide Vintage Ad Shirt $22.14

1. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

wtf else am I gonna do when I need to run errands? take an uber? the bus? frick that

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

This. I dont even drive for fun anymore, I dont like working on my car because it’s too tight. But ideally I could live somewhere where I can walk to work or the store, and then just have a car in storage for fun.

2. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I drive out of necessity; the public transit in my area is habitually unreliable despite being promoted as being infinitely better than owning a car.

After a stressful day, getting into my car is a welcoming and comforting experience. My own private little leather-clad and sound insulated room. I control the temperature, the speed, and the directions. I get the best seat, and I have 3 more for those I care about.

Unless a bus is going to make me feel comfortable using it (and not getting in fights with black youths), I'll gladly pay for the luxury of not using a bus.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

buses don't even run where I live (suburbs). if having a car saves me 4 uber rides a month it's already paid for itself

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>After a stressful day, getting into my car is a welcoming and comforting experience. My own private little leather-clad and sound insulated room. I control the temperature, the speed, and the directions. I get the best seat, and I have 3 more for those I care about.
      a pod so to speak

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>a pod so to speak
        apart from in every single way.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Bus rides can be comfy like when on vacation.
      Having to do that shit daily is hell.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>Bus rides can be comfy like when on vacation.
        >Having to do that shit daily is hell.
        I agree with you on that. Euro-style couch tours bus, sitting in an reclined and over-stuffed comfy seat, driving by a beautiful landscape. It ticks all the boxes.

And then there's the blue and yellow plastic hell of a north american public bus that makes me want to reach for a copy of Final Exit.

3. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I don't like public transportation, simple as. Uber/Lyft is my absolute last resort if parking at the destination is terrible

4. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Alright, I don't want to be that person cause I know this is somehow going to turn out to an autistic shitfest with /n/iggers, so I'll ask a different question instead:
    >What would "you" do to make driving more enjoyable once you lost that spark?

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

drive drunk

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Buy a tiny shitbox with a manual trans, that you have to thrash the crap out of to keep up with traffic. You're probably bored of driving your car.

5. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

We all come to that part in our life, but sometimes it is time to stop the car and see what's up, bro. I don't know. I think I got over that hump in my life. I feel great driving, even when it's for work. I feel like if I die, I can do so with no regrets. It's a really nice feeling. I hope you reach it. There's something you've left behind. Fix it first, or learn to let go, then it won't hold you back. I wish you the best.

6. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Because I actually rode the bus and the cons far outweighed the benefits.

7. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

That uncertainty has me driving more and owning 3 cars

8. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>I would drive for hours. Through the cities, through the country. On bad roads and on good ones. Too fast, too slow, just right. Past the nice homes of all the happy families and all the lively country pubs. Sometimes, rounding a corner or cresting a hill, the lights of a city would be visible all of a sudden. A sea of them, like stars on the horizon. Each individual light was for someone, somewhere. I had no lights to drive to.
    >I couldn't get my mind off of how I was feeling. Sometimes, on roundabouts or long straights, with the right timing, some skill, and guts, I would blow past others in better, faster cars. Other times they would pass me. Two separate objects escaping each other. It didn't make me feel any better or worse. It didn't mean anything. Either they had the money for a nice Audi or BMW and knew how to drive it, or didn’t. It had very little to do with me in actuality.
    >The speed, the sound, the music, the adrenaline. None of it stopped the thoughts from coming for long. The motorway, the long roads between towns, the empty country lanes. None of it led anywhere I was going. So I kept driving, not because I wanted to, but only because there was nothing else to do.

9. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Because clackclackclack and also brrrrr and cute gals working at rural fast food franchises (I am an extremely mobile threat to society.) Fr though you are either born a croozer or ya ain't and if ya ain't you'll never get ir.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Not true. You can become a croozer. When I was a kid I only wanted to go fast. Now I much prefer the twistes at speed limit.

10. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Driving is fun. Working on my car and driving it around after everything has been put back together and is working is good dopamine release. Even though city is walkable and walking is also very enjoyable there is something about the exciting acceleration and speed which gives a different perspective to surroundings. Environment inside vehicle is also clean and inviting and colours make it feel like home. And the car I'm driving is like an expression of myself or rather me showing the world who I am.

• 3 weeks ago
      I love

To go from A to B
      I still enjoy it but I dont care to go just to drive for fun anymore.

Sometimes Ill take a detour to give it the italian tuneup.

based

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>italian tuneup
        Is that a sex thing? I hope it's a sex thing

• 3 weeks ago
          I love

No its when you merge on the highway

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>merge
            My car is too slow for that

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Yeah toy get someone to shove and handfuls of dried spaghetti up your butthole and snap it off in there. The resultant internal bleeding is the tomato ragusa.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Grotesque.

• 3 weeks ago
          I love

>_<

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

nice wiener homie

11. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

b***h I got places to BE homie gotdamn da frick

12. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

driving is a fun hobby

13. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I like how it feels. I drive a 6 speed E92 with M3 control arms, bilstein struts, fat grippy tires, ice cold AC, a 12 speaker stereo system that I plug a DAC into, comfy seats with all sorts of adjustments.
    Driving it fast on empty roads while playing chill music or just listening to the exhaust it’s just bliss.

14. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>why do you drive?
    Cheaper and faster. Flying has lost its convenience now that airports are fraught with delays. Car is A to B.

15. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

With a car, you can go anywhere you want.

16. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>tfw the ev shill bots are evolving
    ):

17. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

A lot of these answers (both silly and genuine) kind of helped me out a bit, and made me a bit more bittersweet to understand that life (and driving) is a beautiful experience and should be cherished, even if it's a simple trip to work; or a drive up the mountains. Thank you, DA.

• 3 weeks ago
      Greased Geese

god damn i wish i had a road like that which would lead straight over a mountain way off into the distance and no normalgays in sight

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

The funny part about that photo and road specifically was that I was going through a nasty "breakup", and so I went to BWW, ate wings, and started driving to random places. I found that road within the hour, after buying a tripod from a lady, took the photo, drove down that road for another 7 miles. I was born in this area, and it still impresses me how many uncharted roads there are.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

You're welcome homosexual

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

The "homosexual" is simply the extra layer on the cake that takes the "whatever" part of a thank you to a "i care about you enough cause we're on DA" kind of thank you, that's wild how that shit changes.

18. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I drive out of necessity, not out of pleasure, but I still decided to buy a fun car to make it more enjoyable.

19. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

When I started I thought I wanted a fast car I could learn how to drive aggressively with, learn all the cool street moves. I still want to someday. But right now I find I enjoy a long, floaty car that has the power it needs to go, but that cruises effortlessly and feels nothing on the road. Most times I don't even turn on music. I just listen to the road noise and the sound of my car. It's like meditation.

• 3 weeks ago
      I love

Literally me

20. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

To go places? I don't drive for fun anymore, Trudeau ruined that. All times of day or night all the roads are packed with the most mentally dull imports the planet has ever seen.

21. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

now that i live on the east coast, i only drive for necessities. i hate the roads and the drivers here.

when i was back in the PNW i drove for fun. the roads and traffic were much better than it is now. having people to go on cruises with was also good.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Pretty much this. Living anywhere in the South basically kills fun driving unless you enjoy the highway or a Stop sign every mile.

22. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Dude, what do you mean 'is it worth it'? In what sense?

23. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Driving 10/10 and chasing the physical limit of performance is the most fun thing to do on the planet

24. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Take a vacation and just go somewhere in your car. Feel the freedom again.

25. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Outside of necessity? It's a really engaging experience, it stimulates most senses in a way few things do, and driving to places feels better than being driven

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *