Why does every car suck these days?

As title says, every car sucks*

I would probably have loved a Miata, but I'm simply too tall for it. Knees pressed up against dash, head rubbing on the top and feet covers all pedals. So that one is out of the picture.
What alternatives are there then?
We got the GR86/BRZ, fine contender I guess, but is it as pure as the Miata?

There isn't really a lot of alternatives left to fun light weight sports with manual and rwd.
German offerings are too complicated for their own good with cheap plastic shit for critical engine components and you often need to buy a top of the like model to even be offered a manual and that just means they're all pricey.
American offerings are dying slowly to EV shit and the few that are left are pig fat.

>buy old
The fun old cars are either all rusted away or they're the new boomer generation of cars that are so insanely overpriced that no one will buy them.
Everything else is fwd
Guess Honda is alright, but that's it really.

We have three enthusiast cars left in the world, if you care about weight, manual and aren't stinking rich.
Miata, GR86 and Type R.
The rest is heavy, engineered to explode out of warranty, or just stupidly expensive.

Shopping Cart Returner Shirt $21.68

Tip Your Landlord Shirt $21.68

Shopping Cart Returner Shirt $21.68

1. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Get a kit car

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

this , you can build a 5.0 coyote + tremec tkx 5spd combo for ~35k, weighing in at 2400lbs

2. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Every is a bit broad for containing only light manual rwd sports cars.

3. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>muh duckbill
    fricking ricer

4. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Put a wrangler on coilovers

5. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Fully stripped e82 with the na straight 6

6. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

If you're a big guy, consider a V6 Chally. I hear they're really good.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>heavy

7. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>fun old cars are either all rusted away
    they still exist.
    third gen and 4th gen Camaro and Firebirds for example.
    still affordable.
    but climbing in price as we speak.
    older 90s Benz are still affordable.
    190e are one of my favorites.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

buy a 944 for $500
      swap in a 2013 VW passat engine
      get crazy horsepower
      live the life the government doesnt want you to livr

8. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

This seems like a gay larp
    I doubt the brz interior is much roomier than the miata and certainly doesnt have much more headroom

9. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

GR Corolla is pretty good too. The tech in them dates to the early 2010s with the most advanced bits being the electromagnetic clutch pack for the rear diff and direct injection. Same size/weight and feeling as a Evo 7-9 which is why I know at least 51 Evo owners that switched. WRX is good too, the new ones don't blow up and it still drives a lot like the old ones. Same weight too as one from 2006. I wouldn't pay more than $32k for one.

GR86 is great. It's probably one of the last truly analog cars. The steering feel isn't as good as the Miata but it's not horrible either like a new Mustang or BMW. If you're tall go to a Toyota and Subaru dealer and sit in some cars.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

I love my gr corolla but everyone here will tell you it's a shitbox because muh 0-60 or whatever or the overheating diff. But I love mine.

My only gripe is there is not a lot of headroom there is barely any room in the hatch and the steering is just about as numb as any other modern car. Other than the steering the rest are things that don't matter in a fun car.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

I'm getting mine in June and I'm so incredibly excited and disappointed at the same time. I'm dropping a load of money on it and Toyota didn't even give my dealer an allocation for a blue. How do I cope with YOU WILL LIVE IN A POD white? I'm thinking about doing matte (satin) to make it look like a bar of soap.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>probably giving the dealer a $5k tip
          >not even getting the color he wants
          lol

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

I said nothing about dealer mark up. The Circuit Edition is objectively too expensive compared to rest of the segment. Over here it's substantially more expensive than a FL5 Type R and Golf R. It's basically Supra 2.0 money.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>0-60 5.4 seconds
        >type R:5.0 sec.
        wtf, why are they so slow?
        my old SBC C10 does 5.8sec with Bald tires and a open diff.
        my LS swapped Camaro does 3.8 seconds.

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Here we go again with the 0-60 morons

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

I fricking hate the brake pad dust.

10. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I love hearing lankletts seeth

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

speak up we can’t hear you

11. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I have an NC miata. I bought it to save money over an ND, but now I love it probably even more than an ND. It's uglier, but that's a small sacrifice if you're not a woman or a homosexual. It is much larger inside than the ND and fits taller drivers. It has hydraulic steering and a superior, stronger transmission than the ND. It weighs only very slightly more (25-50 lbs more than the NB). The engine is supremely reliable and is used in several spec racing series (like Spec Mazda and USF2000/Indy Lights). It's fantastic.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

spec racing, cause your uncompetative otherwise.
      meme-ata is normie status, go drive other cars and see what you are missing.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

I've driven formula before. Miata are more fun. The racing is just better.

12. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Get a Mustang, upgrade the suspension if doesn't handle well enough for you.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>mcshitter rental

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

So you prefer wallowing in a puddle of your own piss instead of doing anything at all to improve your situation, because any option you see isn't good enough for your "esteemed enthusiast standards"

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

shoulda had a v8

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

I should, yeah, but I have a car that fits my needs pretty well

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

I'm not OP, I bought a car with double memebones.

13. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Because you are an unsatisfiable dead end of a person who is not mature enough to accept that you can't have a cake and eat it too.

14. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I have come to the conclusion that to get what I want, I have to build it. Sometimes it's due to money, but it's mostly because OF THE GOD DAMN GOVERNMENT. FRICK

15. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>We got the GR86/BRZ, fine contender I guess, but is it as pure as the Miata?
    they aren't, and that's kind of the point. you can't own only a miata if you don't live with your parents, but you can live with just a toyobaru on your own.

16. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Love a miata. Lol congratulations you just came out of the closet as a homosexual ass troony

17. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>Miata, GR86 and Type R
    >The rest is heavy, engineered to explode out of warranty, or just stupidly expensive.
    If you include the new type r, then you can include the new Z base sport trim with a manual. Base Z also weighs the lightest of its trims but it would be the heaviest at 3,486 lbs compared to the miata, gr86 and type r.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Based Z does not include LSD for those who don't know. Both Miata and GR86 include it.

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Z also doesn't exist.
        No one has ever seen one irl

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

I've seen a few. They're growing on me... Maybe in 10 years I'll get a used one.

18. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I'm 6'3" and I fit in the GR86 with about two inches of headroom

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

1. your height is probably all leg and not torso.
      2. means u definitely do not have a 6 pack.
      3. ur probably 5'11 like every gay who claims 6ft+
      .t actually 6ft 5 & DA

19. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>We got the GR86/BRZ, fine contender I guess,
    yeah for only weebcels like you.

20. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>can’t fit in Miata
    Corvettes are designed to fit big boys.
    >fun light weight manual
    Check
    >american cars pig fat
    C5 weighs less than the M3
    >The fun old cars are either all rusted away
    Fiberglass body

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Good luck finding parts now
      "Oh my EBCM is acting up glad I can just fix i-ACK)

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

You can retrofit the 2002+ ebcm

21. 3 weeks ago
    The real p

Cars are for trannies

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Says the real penis

22. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>extremely playful chassis, very easy to rotate the car with lifting off/braking
    >mechanical LSD so bags of front end traction
    >endless aftermarket
    >recaros with better seating position than the mk7
    >good manual box (if not as good as the type r)
    >very cheap

23. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Abarth 500 could be an option if you can find one with a real diff. If you get proper tires and a software tune depending on what kind of HP you're aming for, it could be something worth considering. Just don't expect it to be fast, because it will never be, but it's a car that's basic, light and handles well. And you can easily lose even more weight by getting aftermarket rims etc. I don't know how big the aftermarket is in the US, but I guess it's probably even better than here since you don't have to pass TÜV.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

This is actually a good suggestion.
      They're Italian, but they're simple enough. Only issue is that you need to remove the whole front of the car to replace an alternator

24. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Manufacturers have discovered people would rather pay 5k extra for sport badges on a FWD than pay 5k extra for a base RWD with manual.

If it took you this long to realize the world is built by stupid people, for stupid people, NGMI

25. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Obama

26. 3 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Forgot the Golf GTI

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>german

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *