Why does everyone talk about the 1UZ/3UZ from Toyota the most bulletproof engine ever built but never mention the M113?

Why does everyone talk about the 1UZ/3UZ from Toyota the most bulletproof engine ever built but never mention the M113?

Timing chain > interference timing belt.

The simple fact is, the M113 can handle abuse just as good if not better than the 1UZ/3UZ overall.

The Kind of Tired That Sleep Won’t Fix Shirt $21.68

Black Rifle Cuck Company, Conservative Humor Shirt $21.68

The Kind of Tired That Sleep Won’t Fix Shirt $21.68

1. 1 week ago
    Anonymous

based M113 appreciator

• 1 week ago
      Anonymous

that gen had the m119 but it is similar to the m113 just more rudementry and less efficient

point still stands early merc v8’s are the best

• 1 week ago
        Anonymous

from year '98 onward they have the M113, mine's a '99. it's been a great car and motor so far

• 1 week ago
      Anonymous

hell yeah brother

that said, I've never had any engine issues with my two LSs, but both ended up needing a troony replacement.

come to think of it
      722.6 > A650E all day

• 1 week ago
        Anonymous

Shh, don't give away the secret that the M113 and even the M113K are indestructible motors that will last half a million miles(+) without a rebuild or major maintenance despite making close to 500hp - it might actually make their affordable prices go up.

I've seen many LSs with 400-500k miles, but in Chevrolet Express van groups I regularly see people with 600-700k+ miles on their original motors that haven't even had the valve covers off since the factory. The most I ever saw was ~950k on an original 5.3, which was finally swapped not due to failure but because the owner had a fresh, low mile motor lying around (and the van was needed for work).

2. 1 week ago
    Anonymous

i6 turbo > V8

3. 1 week ago
    Anonymous

the thing is the m113 has always pushed higher hp figures, and had stuff like cylinder deactivation along with 3 valves per cylinder and 2 spark plugs per cylinder vs the uz being a basic 4v dohc v8 with vvti. The uz was around from 89 all the way to the early 2010s whereas the m113 was only around for half that. Of course the m113 can take boost and perform, but its not as simple of an engine as the 1uz. There's also just more uz's around that have racked up a ton of miles, since mercedes only put the m113 in specific trims vs entire lines of cars only having uz engines

• 1 week ago
      Anonymous

when i first heard you talk i was like these all sound like negatives. then you said things that make sense.

https://i.imgur.com/4R8hSx7.jpeg

Shh, don't give away the secret that the M113 and even the M113K are indestructible motors that will last half a million miles(+) without a rebuild or major maintenance despite making close to 500hp - it might actually make their affordable prices go up.

I've seen many LSs with 400-500k miles, but in Chevrolet Express van groups I regularly see people with 600-700k+ miles on their original motors that haven't even had the valve covers off since the factory. The most I ever saw was ~950k on an original 5.3, which was finally swapped not due to failure but because the owner had a fresh, low mile motor lying around (and the van was needed for work).

how much do these engines/normal trans weigh together?

• 1 week ago
        Anonymous

>this is me

You shouldn't compare lease bait to Japanese built. You look moronic.

say something important anyone cares about

4. 1 week ago
    Anonymous

>1UZ/3UZ from Toyota the most bulletproof engine ever built

What about the Cummins 6BT ?

Diesel for farmers what has a completely mechanical fuel system, making all the electrics in it just a few wires. And such a simple engine can do mileage in excess of 2 MILLION miles in factory condition , and after tuning exceeds 1400 hp.

• 1 week ago
      Anonymous

Some volvo from the 60s hit 3 million.
      Simple detuned diesels are cheating and everyone knows it.

• 1 week ago
        Anonymous

>Simple detuned diesels are cheating

But not every diesel is reliable , such a VAG 2.0 TDI for a diesel is a unreliable engine (especially compared to the older 1.9 TDI)

• 1 week ago
        Anonymous

om617,602 and 603 will easily do 800k if you aren't moronic.

• 1 week ago
      Anonymous

I don't think anyone is saying the most ''bulletproof engine ever built'' I think its moreso least flawed design in a passenger car, in the way of just chugging along on normal maintenance. A 4bt or 6bt is a fully mechanical engine originally designed for use in heavy machinery. Thats a whole different standard. but if you're gonna bring up the 12v, there's plenty of other engines in that area that are as good if not better longevity wise made by stuff like cat and detroit. I mean detroit was literally making massive fully mechanical cast iron 2 stroke diesel 4 cylinders and v8s that could rotate clockwise or counterclockwise. It doesn't get simpler than that

5. 1 week ago
    Anonymous

Are the electronics surrounding the engine as reliable though? How about vacuum lines? Do you think it would cost a similar amount to diagnose/fix any problems? Are parts even available? Get real, you can pull a working 1UZ with all the dressings from a junkyard alllll day but you can’t say the same for the merc.

• 1 week ago
      Anonymous

Surely the crankshaft position sensor likes to break down in the M113 (normal in M113)

6. 1 week ago
    Anonymous

You shouldn't compare lease bait to Japanese built. You look moronic.

• 1 week ago
      Anonymous

ah yes, leasebait engines that have been out of production for atleast a decade and have already proven themselves 10x.

who's the moron now?

• 1 week ago
        Anonymous

proven themsevles to be utter shit lmao

• 1 week ago
          Anonymous

seethe harder weeb

• 7 days ago
            Anonymous

that shit heap is on its 4th engine and 5th trans. Dumbass gypsie

?si=CIhR7eP1T7_wDn47

• 1 week ago
      Anonymous

>lease bait
      I like this term, it's perfect.

7. 1 week ago
    Anonymous

kys dumb roach

8. 1 week ago
    Anonymous

Because brainwashed weebs think nobody aside from nips can make reliable engines, and weebs dominate the internet

9. 1 week ago
    Anonymous

german engines are trash

10. 1 week ago
    Anonymous

The real question is why does no one ever mention the VQ? the thing is abused by the worst among us yet as long as you feed it oil, it'll keep going.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *