Why does it seem like most of the "muh manual" posts are written by people who never actually drive manual?

Why does it seem like most of the "muh manual" posts are written by people who never actually drive manual?

>it's so hard and only a true genius like me can do it!
It's extremely easy and literally everyone can do it

>it's so engaging and requires so much skill!
No it doesn't, it doesn't even require conscious thought after enough time.

>it's reliable!
Any transmission is if you maintain it properly. You DO perform maintenance, right?

>it's faster!
No it's not

Source: I drive one because it was cheaper than buying the automatic version of my car

Nothing Ever Happens Shirt $21.68

Black Rifle Cuck Company, Conservative Humor Shirt $21.68

Nothing Ever Happens Shirt $21.68

1. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Manual can be fun but it's a chore in the majority of cars.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

if you drive 90% of the time in cities or someshit like that get a automagic
      if not get what ever the frick you want

2. 1 month ago
    sage

>t. coping busrider

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Is that why they get so upset? Because they don't have a car at all so instead they cry online about manual transmissions?

3. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>seething, malding, coping - the post

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

I get that you're extremely jealous that I can do the bare minimum, but you don't have to cry about it.

4. 1 month ago
    Kevin Van Dam

>Why does it seem like most of the "muh manual" posts are written by people who never actually drive manual?
    Because it takes somebody of average intelligence 15min to learn how to drive a car home from a dealership and those who drive stick on the regular are adults who don’t care.

They are more fun to drive if it’s a weekend car, and they were faster for a lot of models where the choices were a 4spd auto with lame torque converter losses or a 6spd manual.

Dropping from 6th to 4th or 5th to 3rd in a manual is a lot more fun than stomping on the pedal of an automatic if you’re a 17 year old.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

dropping a gear or two, rev matching and flooring it is fun no matter how old you are unless you just see driving as a necessary evil and not something you enjoy doing

5. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

They're fun to drive and easy to fix, it's really quite that shrimple.

6. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>Any transmission is if you maintain it properly. You DO perform maintenance, right?
    For every manual that died *adjusted per capita 100 automatics bite it. They are wear items plain and simple. For your average person not worth paying to have fixed
    >it's faster!
    >No it's not
    Yes they are. Automatics unless you shift them manually are unable to account for a hill or an upcoming up a curve or simply wanting power right now. They always shift at terrible times because life is not drag strip you arent going from a to b in a straight line 99% of the time.
    Ive never driven an auto that was capable of even coming close to the drivability of a manual.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>it's faster!
      >No it's not
      >Yes they are.
      >t. only drove some old shitpile with a 4 speed

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

>(you)

my ZF8 is pretty smart and holds gears when appropriate like cornering or going downhill. It still can't predict the length or grade of an upcoming hill for obvious reasons but it does a fairly good job otherwise.

Yeah most modern auto do some what decent at that but i still find myself in pretty much every auto i drive forcing down shifts or forcing it to hold a gear on certain parts of a road. What pisses me off is when i can have my foot on the floor and it refuses to downshift. Trucks and vans are the worst offenders cars not so much.

Old shitty slushboxes were miles slower, but modern sporty autos crush manuals in terms of speed. Claiming otherwise is cope. And this is coming from someone who has never owned a car with an auto trans.

In a straight line yes but in reality where we have curves hills and god forbid stop signs thats where manuals are faster unless if you manually shift an auto defeating the purpose.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

my ZF8 is pretty smart and holds gears when appropriate like cornering or going downhill. It still can't predict the length or grade of an upcoming hill for obvious reasons but it does a fairly good job otherwise.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Old shitty slushboxes were miles slower, but modern sporty autos crush manuals in terms of speed. Claiming otherwise is cope. And this is coming from someone who has never owned a car with an auto trans.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>>it's faster!
      >>No it's not
      >Yes they are
      No they're not. We've known how to make auto boxes that shift faster than manuals for literal decades. Their powerbands are also way better in the modern era because you can have 10+ speed auto transmissions that keep the engine at peak output for longer.

Explain why drag teams since the 70's have preferred auto or semi-auto.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

>Explain why drag teams since the 70's have preferred auto or semi-auto.
        because automatics had been standard for decades prior. automatics are like google, it's what we use because it's what we always used because it's what they always used, not because they're good. suck on that 60% torque converter loss and come back when you find out what a dogbox is

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

>what we use because it's what we always used because it's what they always used, not because they're good.
          Absolutely moronic explanation. Are race teams absolutely starved for people who can work on and drive manuals? You have a chance to single-handedly revolutionize the racing industry and smoke people at every single drag strip by utterly destroying all the slow automatics. Why haven't you set new track speed records yet if all it takes is rowing some fresh gears?

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

they dont even consider it. Dropping in a built 4L80 and eating the efficiency loss with moar boost is more convenient than using a manual. Convenience uber alles, the american way.
            >track speed records
            disingenuous Black person

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

But you said dogbox transmissions are so much better and would revolutionize drag racing. Why haven't you done it yet like that other anon said? You'd be rich!

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>But you said <irrelevant bullshit>
            no i did not, Black person, can you read?

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

>Dropping in a built 4L80 and eating the efficiency loss with moar boost is more convenient than using a manual. Convenience uber alles, the american way.
            Drag racing is about WINNING. You get money if you WIN. Are you really saying that the top racing teams across the country are just Too Lazy to get the biggest advantage of all time and fill their coffers? You could practically become a racing legend overnight anon! Why aren't you recruiting for a team yet?

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

have a nice day

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Nice one. How about you start up your manual-only drag team instead? Should be easy as cake, right?

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>Automatics unless you shift them manually are unable to account for a hill or an upcoming up a curve or simply wanting power right now.
      this is simply not true, a modern car has accelerometers and shit so the transmission will know you are going uphill or through a sharp corner, or braking hard and downshift accordingly
      or you could just use the flappy paddles, they put them on basically everything now

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

Oh yeah, those amazing psychic accelerometers which can sense a turn before it happens

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

you're supposed brake before you enter the turn, dummy
          if you don't believe me, watch or read some of the car and driver lightning lap reports, on a lot of high end cars they get the fastest times leaving the transmission in full auto mode because it knows exactly what it's supposed to be doing on track

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

they also have amazing psychic accelerometers which can sense when to deploy airbags before the passengers get thrown out the windshield

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

this is actually coming very soon with improved nav and ADAS integration (i worked on an OEM team developing it)

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>Automatics
      >unable to account for a hill or an upcoming up a curve or simply wanting power right now
      >unless you shift them manually
      Amazing; sounds like the problem has been solved. Also google what a kickdown is.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Agreed.

7. 1 month ago
    SAGE

sage in all fields. this is a semen slurping gay thread

8. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Funny how a manual is such a hot topic for americans when here even grannies drive those in city traffic

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Exactly. Ask Granny if it's "so difficult and also engaging".

It's just a gearbox. I don't get why people jack themselves off over being shit at driving a manual.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Exactly. Ask Granny if it's "so difficult and also engaging".

It's just a gearbox. I don't get why people jack themselves off over being shit at driving a manual.

Every grandma-driven manual has the muddiest, slippiest, scorched-to-shit ghost of a clutch when you drive their car. NO EXCEPTIONS.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

Most europeans don't rev match when down shifting. They don't down shift before accelerating.
        Any Black can drive a manual car from point A to point B. It's indeed not rocket science. But most europeans, indians, africans don't do it correctly.

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

why the frick would i rev match if i'm just croozing
          some smart people have designed synchros and i will use them

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

grandma's in America can drive manual too. it's all they had back then too.

9. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

you never see asians or europeans bragging about driving stick

10. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

I drive a manual. The bitter karens in their Subaru SUV spank my from light to light. CVT are bad-ass. In the end, I drive 6-speed because I want to, nothing more.

11. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>>it's so engaging
    It's a mechanical feeling of control, of how much RPM your car engine is at. You're not inputting to a computer that you want to shift, and the computer decides for you.
    so much skill!
    It certainly requires skill to shift fast and well.
    Europoors claim even their grannies drive manual, when in reality they are just lugging their engines in traffic and generally driving shittily. Much less being able to compete on a racetrack.
    So why do car enthusiasts care about having a manual gearbox? Well it's because we care about actually driving the car, not having the car drive for us.
    So for now, you think the computer should shift for us, and what next in the coming decades, the computer should steer for us, and apparently it can do it faster and better, even!
    Seriously, just get an EV instead of an auto, it gives you the same amount of control over your vehicle.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>Europoors claim even their grannies drive manual, when in reality they are just lugging their engines in traffic and generally driving shittily. Much less being able to compete on a racetrack.

>Much less being able to compete on a racetrack.
      >a granny

you homies are frickin crazy

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>You're not inputting to a computer that you want to shift, and the computer decides for you.
      >doesn't know what a manual valve body is
      >claims to be an enthusiast
      I can throw it in reverse and destroy my car if I wanted dumbass
      t.actually wanted to build a manual car but t5s are expensive especially if you want to build em strongenough to handle any power

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>muh control
      The computer only stops you from shifting if you're going to do something moronic like money shift or stall. I don't do either of those in my manual anyways, so it's not a problem.

>It requires skill to shift fast and well.
      No it doesn't. It took me all of one hour, maybe two, to go from 0 manual experience to being able to heel-toe downshift.
      Do you really just suck that bad at driving that you think driving a manual is hard and takes more than an hour of practice?

12. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Sure, anyone can do it. But I guarantee you don't know how to double clutch and heel-toe to make the most use of it.

13. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

I drove a manual for like 10 years in a honda civic. Commuting 1 hour each way. It got old fast. It wasnt that smooth, would grind probably once a day. For a daily driver its not ideal. For a toy racecar i totally understand.

14. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>hurr manual suxx
    mommy mommy i posted it again

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Neither of those are speaking badly about manuals. You're just fishing for reasons to have a temper tantrum

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

>t. op

https://i.imgur.com/6uFaRtb.jpeg

Dsgs suck in traffic

Do krautBlack person DCTs have torque converters like hondas?

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

No, the clutch is automatic so the transmission can't creep which causes it to be excessively worn when a regular auto driver drives it.
          I want a powershift from a tractor in a car, a semi auto as you will.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

this is why all non-shit DCTs have wet clutches
            I've driven a car with a PDK and it creeps along with no throttle input just like a torque converter car

15. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>Source: I drive one because it was cheaper than buying the automatic version of my car
    There's your problem, you're probably driving an econobox. You've never tried rowing through gears with a V8.
    People who talk about how their manual corollas are more enthusiast than auto v8s are cringe morons, but you can combine the best of both worlds and it's a great feeling to drive.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

manual corollas are super based thoughever, i see them bucking and stalling in traffic every so often. it's so funny. i like to race them at stoplights and make them burn their clutches trying to keep up with my margainally-faster automatic honda

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

>manual corollas are super based thoughever, i see them bucking and stalling in traffic every so often
        Where the frick do you live? The only person I have ever seen bucking and stalling in traffic in my life was myself when i was learning kek.

Idk, people love to shit their pants over how the BRZ has the best manual ever. I was going to get an automatic but the manual was cheaper.

Also drove a manual c5 once. Felt the same way about it.

It's not a bad transmission, either of them, but it's just so easy to do that I don't really consider either one to be defined by the transmission. A car is fun or not because of how it drives, not by what type of gearbox it is IMO.

>Idk, people love to shit their pants over how the BRZ has the best manual ever. I was going to get an automatic but the manual was cheaper.
        Well in such a light car, the auto adds a bit of weight. It's also straight up slower than the manual. You probably made the good choice regardless.
        > A car is fun or not because of how it drives, not by what type of gearbox it is IMO.
        Come on, you can't separate the transmission from how a car drives lol.
        How much control you have over your car staying in the optimal RPM power band is THE most important thing when driving an ICE car.
        I'm not talking about commuting, i'm talking about DRIVING passionately, as a car enthusiast.

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

>Where the frick do you live?
          an impoverished mulatto shithole on Hwy 31. you see lots of shitty cars and ricers in the evenings. All the mixed-race boyracers come out to show how big and bad they are with their clapped out stickshift Tercels and Corollas. One even had a turbo once.

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

But every car these days has paddles. I can choose the gear or put it in auto for driving around town.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

As you know, paddle shifters are computerized.
            Of course, best case scenario, the auto shifts faster than you, and it only denies shifts when the RPMs are too low or too high. Sure, you can say that is objectively superior in every way to a manual. It can do all a manual can do, and it can do it better, except when the manual operation would damage the car.
            Still, what car enthusiast wants a computerized system controlling their car? Car enthusiasts want to actually drive their cars, after all, not just suggest something to a computer in the car.
            But why do people get so caught up in the transmission instead of some other part like the brakes?
            The two main components of the car are the engine and transmission.
            Regarding the engine, the amount of fuel and air burned is basically completely computerized with electronic throttle bodies and fuel injection systems.
            So, the transmission has become sort of the hill to die on for having full mechanical control over at least one significant part of your car.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Even with carburetors and manual transmissions, you're still "requesting" power and shifting to a certain degree.

You're opening the valve and requesting fuel. Carburetors can and will disobey.

If the transmission's sides are mismatched enough in speed, the gears will just grind and not go in

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Well most are able to understand the mechanical reasons for those issues/phenomenon, whereas software coded on a chip by a manufacturer that reads data from sensors which also have proprietary software, is not something most car enthusiasts are really interested in. It's not something you can learn or fix or anything. It reduces the connection you have with your car.
            There's obviously a reason why as manuals have been disappearing, most that are still available are among enthusiast vehicles, in America at least... it's not just a coincidence or a conspiracy by car enthusiasts to care about some insignificant thing...
            Anyways, it really comes down to what tolerance you have for how much control you are willing to give up. I think dying on the manual transmission hill is perfectly reasonable and acceptable.
            Maybe you will die on the "manual steering is better than self driving steering" hill as cars become even more computerized, who knows.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Why is it OK for the car to have some functions automated by Venturi/Bernoulli effects which are complex effects of fluid dynamics, but not OK for the car to have some functions automated by electrical circuits?

>maybe you will die on driving vs self driving
            Because that's an actual loss of control.
            Requesting fuel by Venturi Effect vs requesting fuel by electrical circuit isn't an actual loss of control. Neither is requesting gears by cables and levers vs by electrical circuits.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

The issue is that it's not quite one to one.
            That is to say, in principle, automatic transmissions can truly be as "manual" as manual transmissions, it's just that no production car really has that... No production auto will let you go above redline or let you stall or skip gears somehow.

• 1 month ago
            Anonymous

Why would I WANT to blow my engine or stall?

Do you also use a Model T crank start, because that way you can break your arm whenever you start your car improperly?

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Idk, people love to shit their pants over how the BRZ has the best manual ever. I was going to get an automatic but the manual was cheaper.

Also drove a manual c5 once. Felt the same way about it.

It's not a bad transmission, either of them, but it's just so easy to do that I don't really consider either one to be defined by the transmission. A car is fun or not because of how it drives, not by what type of gearbox it is IMO.

16. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Dsgs suck in traffic

17. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Where my sliding gear bros

18. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Weird strawman post, anyone who puts manual drivers in their mouths is a homosexual and insecure EV owner, auto driver, or bus rider. Y'all sure do worry a lot about a small portion of drivers who don't bother you at all.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

its a hyper gay form of reverse trolling that has become increasingly common on this gay shithole website since the pandemic
      >disguise yourself as opponent
      >make slightly agreeable statements
      >end them with reductive/disingenuous attacks to make them look LE SILLY!!11
      its gay shit thats why i sage'd but no one has listened to those for almost 10 years

19. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

manual is sorta faster on a lot of cars. being able to choose a gear to stay in will grant you way more power on corner exit and over the course of certain roads you'll end up several seconds faster than the automatic version of the same car. but for stoplight racing, a lot of automatics are just as fast as the manual version of the car. (not counting that manual gearboxes weigh less and that you can clutch dump)

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Manual cars ARE faster in most cars DA would own

DCT and other high tech auto transmissions got people thinking that any 5 speed torque converter automatic is faster than their manual counter part...

20. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Rent free in autogayic heads

21. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>Any transmission is if you maintain it properly.
    you haven't driven a CVT

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

>cvt bad
      more like youre a lane switching insect brain Black person

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

>cvt good

22. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>benchrace piss n shid about things youll never do

23. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>was cheaper

24. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

Because cars are vehicles designed to go from A to B, nothing more and nothing less.

The second you bring personal preference in, be it driven by insecurity or simply a way to cope with how crushingly boring the world is, you're going to get opinions.
    Duh.

Personally, I've only ever owned manuals and automatics confuse me because my left foot and left hand have nothing to do. Also because every now and then I try to heel-toe in one and look like a gargantuan homosexual.

Anyone that bases their self-worth on the acceptance of your peers is an even bigger homosexual. Grow some balls.

25. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

its this weird cope like its some kind of rocket science to operate a manual. i think it mostly comes from americans with their driving culture being based around automatics more than manuals so i kinda understand it. i dont mind either transmission type either way.
    >t. yuro with both a manual and automatic.

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

Who said it's rocket science? I said it's extremely easy. I think maybe you need reading lessons.

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

>I think maybe you need reading lessons
        the irony is lost on you

• 1 month ago
          Anonymous

But you're the one who can't read.

When you can't read, you should get reading lessons.

When it's YOU who can't read, it doesn't help you for me to learn what I already know.

I guess you need basic logic lessons too. I don't know how you managed to screw this up. You should honestly reconsider moving into a tard-wrangler home.

26. 1 month ago
    Anonymous
  27. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>Any transmission is if you maintain it properly. You DO perform maintenance, right?
    bait

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

NTA but how the frick is "things last when you maintain them" bait?

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

Because the average person who says that, has never actually done maintenance and so they just don't know.

I have several 700r4/4L60 transmissions at hundreds of thousands of miles, because I do the bare minimum of not overheating them and changing the fluid sometimes.

While I'm not saying every transmission is as dependable as a Turbo-400 or something, every transmission lasts far longer when maintained than not

28. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>Source: I drive one because it was cheaper than buying the automatic version of my car
    What's it like being European?

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

I wouldn't know, I live in the US

• 1 month ago
        Anonymous

I've not seen a manual be the cheaper option in the United States in two decades it feels like. Whatchu drive, anon?

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Used BRZ

29. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

>want to buy a manual wagon
    >manual golf alltrack are $6k more than auto versions
    >allroads, bmws have not been specced for them in a decade
    >gr corollas are going for 45k new
    i seriously dont want a subaru but it seems like the only choice where i dont feel like a chump. sticksters im not feeling well at all

30. 1 month ago
    Anonymous

For americans it seems to be a status symbol as many perceive manual as difficult to drive therefor an achievement in itself. Being an eastern euro I despise automatics because they are unreliable crap designed to disintegrate and scrap the entire car when the warranty ends. Yes I shit on automatics whenever I see a thread about them.

t. doing second mechatronic repair on a range rover that just passed 300k

• 1 month ago
      Anonymous

To be fair, the average American is so moronic that something as simple as shifting gears is hard for them

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *