Why does no one make this kinda stuff anymore

was this like a boomer only hobby?

Ape Out Shirt $21.68

Tip Your Landlord Shirt $21.68

Ape Out Shirt $21.68

1. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

drag racing at legal strips are boomer tier. All the cool young kids do illegal takeovers.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>cool young kids do illegal takeovers.
      those are called N*ggers, m8.

2. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>drag racing
    Gay.

3. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

um honey
    thats illegal and would never pass inspection/emissions

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>living in a state with emissions testing
      lol said the scorpion

4. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I have a friend who had such a large turbo that he had to cut a hole in the hood .I do not know how the technical inspections but the policemen would not let him live so he had to remove from above the hood this turbo .

Such a situation in Poland .

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>the policemen would not let him live
      Here I thought the cops only murdered people in America, you're saying the cops in Poland will murder you over a turbocharger?

5. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Its boomer shit. Just as awful as millennial rice burners.

6. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>see my cool boomermobile ? It can't even drive to the strip on its own and is incapable of anything that isn't a quarter-mile, awesome huh?
    Because it spawns undriveable garbage. Boomers destroying cars for drag racing is just as the crossdresser drag races.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

>no fun allowed

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>fun means waiting in line for the car equivalent of a toboggan

When you're not poor you can build trailer queens.
        It's no different than having a sandrail or dirtbikes.
        Do you think people with jetskis ride them to the lake?
        You must live a miserable existence.

>apples to oranges

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

>apples to oranges
          Only when you're too poor to own more than one car.
          You see a vehicle as a means of transportation that must pull multiple duties.
          It's your identification to others as well as your only mode of travel to work and shopping.
          Meanwhile I have a shitbox DD, a 4x4 for bad weather, a 600hp toy for Sundays, a serious 4x4 for fricking around outside of civilization and a longbed for hauling.

You had to buy a single vehicle to define who you are.
          I have multiple vehicles to suit my mood.
          Stop being poor.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>You see a vehicle as a means of transportation that must pull multiple duties.
            Absolutely not. Missed the mark there homosexual.
            I'm guessing your 600HP Sunday car is an actually driveable car that you enjoy taking to tracks, highways, backroads or even gymkhana.
            Meanwhile the boomermobile is still a stupid appliance consisting of an automobile only fit to be driven in a straight patch of road a 1/4 mile long.
            Literally the same principle as a sled, only with asphalt replacing the snowy hill.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

YOU missed the mark, dipshit.
            >crying about 1/4 mile cars
            Just because YOU don't like it doesn't make it less legitimate as a motorsport.
            You're not a true automotive enthusiast if you can so easily dismiss a specific category.
            Go out to the Bonneville salt flats and tell those guys they're stupid and their cars are stupid.
            Fricking asshat.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Projecting. The thread is about why this kind of dumb build is seen less and less, I'm just giving an answer while you're crying your heart out defending old homosexuals you don't know.
            >Just because YOU don't like it doesn't make it less legitimate as a motorsport.
            My tastes don't count. Just like horse races were held to improve the breed, motorsports are a way to push engineering forward. A homosexualmobile tuned to run for 10 seconds at a time is pathetic. Even if your aim was to clear the fastest quarter mile, anything from a special catapult to top fuel dragsters are the logical end of the quest. Taking a normal car to turn it into an horizontal sled will never amount to shit.
            >Go out to the Bonneville salt flats and tell those guys they're stupid and their cars are stupid.
            I understand the idea of terminal velocity testing. The japanese had their Yatabe track, Europe uses various german tracks (I think Nardo was one of them but not sure), etc. Max speed is a staple in engineering.
            >You're not a true automotive enthusiast if you can so easily dismiss a specific category.
            Lmao what next? Respect the stance homosexuals scraping their cars on the asphalt ? I don't give a frick, and if you want a good one know that I've only started lurking this board when /asp/ got overrun by wrestling homosexuals.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>My tastes don't count
            You proved all my points.
            You're some sniveling millennial fresh out of diapers complaining about a type of build that YOU don't like and don't see a point to.
            And yes, stance homosexuals are part of this culture. Their shit is pointless and ridiculous but is no different than any other build that's beyond a bone stock camry.
            You don't NEED to take turns at 100mph.
            You don't NEED enough ground clearance to cross a 3 foot deep creek.
            You don't NEED enough torque to tow a mobuke home.
            You don't NEED enough HP to melt the tires at a light.
            This hobby has nothing to do with NEEDs.
            This hobby is about building what I think is cool, not what YOU like.
            homosexual.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>white knighting boomers
            It's a bold strategy, Cotton

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>all that homosexual rambling about "muh feelings" and "respect all builds even stancehomosexuals"
            Then I'm fricking glad my main hobby is competing in martial arts you fragile little wienersucker.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>Complains and whines about what other people like even though it has no affect on him
            >Acts as though this is not an expression of his feeling and emotion, and says that the perfectly reasonable response is just whining
            >Caps it off by overcompensating, saying how he's not really into this hobby any way and trying to seem hyper-masculine
            You are a douche lol

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>"competing" in martial arts.
            Lol.
            Having a judge yell "point" after you slap another man is pathetic.
            You'd get curbstomped by any redneck, tweaker or hood rat in a bar fight.
            Your "hobby", much like your opinions and debating skills, is that of a child.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>You'd get curbstomped by any redneck, tweaker or hood rat in a bar fight.
            Lmao you type like a scared woman afraid of the evil dangerous world out there.I guess I must have had the luck of not meeting your special elite street fighters then, fricking homosexual.
            >yell "point"
            Here have a little read, maybe give it a try:
            https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sambo_(martial_art)
            We also compete in MMA events if you're into that.

>Meanwhile I have 4 vehicles, all financed that I'm paying incredible amounts on pretending to be wealthy
            inb4 all paid cash, 600hp is actually 400 because its an 80s foxbody or whothefrickcares car, and you don't actually have nice cars but think quantity over quality makes you not poor.

Some people are financially responsible and not pretending an $80,000 house in bumfrick arkansas with 4 financed shitboxes is wealth.

I was the one calling him a boomer bootlicker, but what do we care about how he paid for his cars ? He might be actually rich, I wouldn't be surprised after seeing that last "post your car" thread. I still think butchering a functional car to make it into a dragsled is stupid, especially when you could build a dedicated dragster if you're aiming for maximum acceleration.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>Lmao you type like a scared woman afraid of
            Said the dork doing karate with 12 year olds.
            >what do we care about how he paid for his cars?
            Who cares. Actual rich people don't go around talking about all the depreciating assets they've bought. People bragging about multiple shitboxes and some nebulous 600hp car generally aren't wealthy. They measure their "wealth" in how much garbage they've bought.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>Actual rich people don't go around talking about all the depreciating assets they've bought.
            I think he brought it up as proof he didn't use his cars for transportation, but me neither. Not gonna fight you on this one, keep calling him poor or anything you want.
            >Said the dork doing karate with 12 year olds.
            Alright sure.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>afraid of the evil dangerous world out there
            If that's what you took from that then you're a moron.
            You hang out in a gym and playfight like a toddler.
            In an actual situation where your safety was at risk youd wind up in the back of an ambulance with your teeth knocked out.
            >make it into a dragsled is stupid
            That's the root of your problem.
            You can't comprehend anything you don't like. You're that little autistic kid that went on a hunger strike because they stopped making those dinosaur shaped chicken nuggest your mom brought home from the grocery store.
            Your feeble brain is incapable of understanding or accepting anything that doesn't align with your own preconceived definition of the world.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>In an actual situation where your safety was at risk youd wind up in the back of an ambulance with your teeth knocked out.
            I see a lot of pathetic projection, and I'm genuinely puzzled. Do you want to read about my life that bad ? What got you so uppity you little b***h ?
            >You can't comprehend anything you don't like.
            I don't like formula 1 or top-fuel drag racing, I still can understand those disciplines. I'm not fond of sleeper builds, but I can easily understand and respect the intention. But no, I will not respect the vaping homosexuals scraping their cars on the pavement, nor the boomers rendering cars undriveable by making stupid 5000hp showpieces. They can go kiss their dashboards.
            Though I really don't get why you seem so hurt.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

I really DONT want to read about your life- you're the one bringing non-DA related content and even posting links like some pretentious homosexual. Which is once again evidence of your self involved mentality.
            I find it hilarious that you're triggered so easily by stancegays and boomerbuilds- and your opinion rich replies on those subjects is even more evidence of your self involved existence. Of course you'll never "get it", that would require the ability to debate and see both pros and cons of an opposing topic.
            Post bread on hood.
            I'm curious to see your shitbox considering your milquetoast views of the automotive hobby.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>A homosexualmobile tuned to run for 10 seconds at a time is pathetic
            Wierd how every single manufacturer that matters disagrees with you, and they in fact sponsor racing like factory stock, and have their engineers visit places like Ray Barton shop so some alcoholic boomer from Canada can show them how cars work.
            Literally every complaint you have is born of ignorance.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>every single manufacturer
            >that matters
            Lmao setting up that "no true scotsman" with masterful subtlety, Mr. homosexual.

>Complains and whines about what other people like even though it has no affect on him
            >Acts as though this is not an expression of his feeling and emotion, and says that the perfectly reasonable response is just whining
            >Caps it off by overcompensating, saying how he's not really into this hobby any way and trying to seem hyper-masculine
            You are a douche lol

>Complains and whines
            Once again, your boomersleds are a dying fad and I'm only providing an explanation in why normal people find them pathetic.
            >More whining about "muh little feelings" with some projection on top
            Okay homosexual, why don't you go hold hands with your moronic boomers and stancehomosexuals ? That way you can even have your own little safespace where "every build matters".
            I still prefer having an objective way of sorting the wheat from the chaff.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

I can't grasp how stupid you are. No, it's not about a no true scotsman. The big guys invest in this stuff. It's getting rid of your rebuttal that Shelby of the ultimate aero argument because of course they don't have the money. Great misdirection for a mental midget. Ford Chevy dodge and Toyota amongst others will always invest in it. You're unfathomablly moronic. Bet you think the world is flat. On my ignorance comment, what you don't know is drag racers are playing chess, you're playing checkers. Your ignorance is hilarious to me

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>noooo destroying normal car to make it a subpar dragster is hecking valid
            You're a fricking homosexual. Sponsors means shit, it's a just another marketing channel. Well, I'm tired of entertaining your homosexualry, keep crying about boomersleds disappearing, I don't give a frick anymore.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

I would like to start by explaining that there are 2 of us, so as to no be associated with the other homosexual arguing with you. I don't dislike martial arts and all that other gay shit he said.
            I meant what I said though, your examples are wrong. The majority of drag racing cars can be put back on the street legally by swapping the slicks for radials, and putting the exhaust back on. Some might have bulbs out because the don't matter on the strip. The other portion of race cars were built from already derilict cars ready for the scrap yard because they're a cheaper platform to acquire and what makes them unsafe for the street again won't matter on a strip. The idea that people are taking functional cars and destroying them is ridiculous.
            As far as sponsors being shit, you said if they were pushing automotive engineering it would make sense. They are. That new process talked about in pic related in this article https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.motortrend.com/how-to/1601-shelby-block-tech-fords-plasma-transfer-wire-arc/amp/
            Came about after a drag racing team I know recorded that he original sleeves were walking on a very tiny scale at higher hp.

Like I said, you dislike it because you're ignorant of it.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

Oh, and I'm not crying about anything. People are still building and drag racing cars. It's alive and well.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>The idea that people are taking functional cars and destroying them is ridiculous.
            >As far as sponsors being shit, you said if they were pushing automotive engineering it would make sense. They are.
            Point conceded. Looks like I took those trailer queens and show cars for the only kind of drag cars.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>Point conceded. Looks like I took those trailer queens and show cars for the only kind of drag cars.
            Ah, see, drag, racers don't like those people either in general. Dyno queen, trailer queen, whatever you call em you won't find them at the track for a points race over the weekend.

• 2 months ago
            kwab

what is asp

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

[...]

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

>Meanwhile I have 4 vehicles, all financed that I'm paying incredible amounts on pretending to be wealthy
            inb4 all paid cash, 600hp is actually 400 because its an 80s foxbody or whothefrickcares car, and you don't actually have nice cars but think quantity over quality makes you not poor.

Some people are financially responsible and not pretending an $80,000 house in bumfrick arkansas with 4 financed shitboxes is wealth.

• 2 months ago
            Anonymous

All roadworthy. All resellable. None ruined. None wasted. Every year cars get uglier, less durable, less servicable, more bloated with electronic everything, IoT spyware, ipad console, black box engine bay, daily penis inspecting junk, and after all that they have the nerve to keep raising the price on them.
            We need to be preserving, not destroying, the useful remnant from pre-2010.
            Unless you're so fabulously wealthy that you can start manufacturing your own cars that actually work, in which case what are you waiting for?

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

>allowed
        Calling something moronic is the same as not allowing something

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

When you're not poor you can build trailer queens.
      It's no different than having a sandrail or dirtbikes.
      Do you think people with jetskis ride them to the lake?
      You must live a miserable existence.

7. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

because we're too poor working our 65 hours a week job so that our boomer bosses can afford expensive hobbies.

8. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

You need a large workshop space, ample free time to learn the fabrication skills necessary, and the financial security to blow thousands on rolling shitposts. Therefore, someone who can do this will likely own their large semi-rural or rural home outright, will have had a long career where they've been able to practice some fabrication skills through work and/or an office job with a relaxed environment that lets them leave early often and just be available by phone, and pays well enough to have a cash surplus. Most people don't get those things until they are older, and prior generations were objectively more prosperous in most first world nations than today's youth. You still CAN find young hotrodders today, but many will have extended or immediate family who meet the above descriptor to get them started. Many more young people are instead just stuck dreaming and saving.

9. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I grew up with that '80s "Pro Street" bullshit. It nearly killed hotrodding, because kids thought you had to drop a decent yearly salary into a car, to build a real rod.

10. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>is putting $50k in driveline and $10k in paint into a $2500 car just to take to car shows and the occasional drag strip run a boomer-only hobby
    Yes.

11. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I'm in my mid-30's and hotrods have been tacky for as long as I can remember. It was a boomer only hobby because this kinda shit went out of style in the 90's.
    Hot rodding was what boomers did as teens in the 50's, and in the 80's, boomers had enough disposable income to make monstrosities like pic rel for the nostalgia.
    Car "culture" trends come in cycles. What was legitimately cool for a generation of teenagers, later has a resurgence when that generation hits their 40's-50's and has money. Then it becomes mainstream, played out, and for old people. In 15-20 years, car shows will be nothing but blacked out Hellcats, pimped out Escalades, current gen Camaros with underglow, with old pot bellied frickers sitting beside them in lawn chairs talking shit about whatever miquetoast Democrat is in office.

12. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

swapping big supercharged V8s into tiny chassis is still a common part of strayan burnout culture (though less so than just running a commodore). dumb stuff like an ls swapped mightyboy or whatever

13. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

I talked to the boomer who owned this at the grocery store. Uses it to get groceries, was pretty based. Built 401 AMC with a giant weiland, and about the same HP as my stock pony car.

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Its cool to drive a preposterous vehicle around regularly. Its not cool if it sat in his barn 364.5 days a year while he brags about it on forums or HAM radio.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Frick yeah its cool, Ive seen him driving around too other random times as well in town. That gremmy gets driven. He said it was pretty squirrely.

14. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

Cost to build, cost to fuel, cost to keep. With how little wealth younger generations have, it's not surprising the only car culture they have is shitboxes.

15. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

They do, it's just a little different now

16. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

They clearly still do

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

correct me if im wrong
      but the owner sceams 'bitch' to me,
      as if he did not build that car he merely shucked money to a speed shop to build it
      because only a wrenchlet would drive around riding the brakes.

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

the owner screams 'hold on', anon

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous
          • 2 months ago
            Anonymous

DOG BLESS THE NHTSA

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

People still do but mostly boomers as the two previous generations before them began the hot rod hobby.

Def a b***h but they pay mechanics and painters so the crafts are preserved.

Cost to build, cost to fuel, cost to keep. With how little wealth younger generations have, it's not surprising the only car culture they have is shitboxes.

Most drove shitboxes in the proverbial day too. Serious car customizers are plentiful but it was never really a widespread hobby because it required enthusiasm, working space and determination to learn how to wrench plus a modest amount of talent.

The cost is WELL within what "younger generations" spend on toys though and not everyone is poor. I see far too many other expensive toys to buy the idea everyone younger than fifty is poor but there are a shitload of crybaby b***hes. Building things yourself doesn't need to be very expensive. If you wrench then you save tons of money on all sorts of DIY. I certainly did and do.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

>The cost is WELL within what "younger generations" spend on toys though and not everyone is poor.
          lol
          lmao even

17. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

People really don't have that much disposable income anymore. It take much more money to get into that hobby now than it was 20-40 years ago. Most people are slaving away just to survive.

18. 2 months ago
    Anonymous

>The idea that people are taking functional cars and destroying them is ridiculous.

It's a fricking CAR.
    A mass produced pile of steel, aluminum and plastic cpmponents that are contracted out to the lowest bidder and assembled by highschool dropouts.
    They're literally designed to be used.

Why do you even give a frick what someone does with their property?
    Do you have a coronary when someone cuts down a tree in their yard or slaughters
    You sound like some europoor who's been brainwashed to believe everything in life has to be efficient and if you use more than your alloted <place fricking anything here> you have to repent ask for forgiveness

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

They're just mad it's cooler and faster than their slammed BRZ

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

You're extremely moronic. I'm not mad about anything. I build these cars, I'm that guy. That's how I know it'd alive and find. What you don't understand is that this shit shown in op, that shits never made a run. Go do a drag strip and see it for yourself. Ive had my hands in dozens of these builds. The people would rather you come and run your daily than brag about what's on your trailer.

• 2 months ago
          Anonymous

yeah youre totally not mad
          keep seething phoneposter

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

Someone hasn't read up on their history. Car culture has never been about waste I'll side on martial arts guy here you're the entirely self absorbed frick you claim we are. Or perhaps you're pic related. Either way, the care was borne on waste not. Henry of course built them from the packaging they came in, but then even used cutoff bits to sell charcoal.
      Go frick yourself again. I know nobody else is frickin ya for ya

• 2 months ago
        Anonymous

Don't engage with feelings-obsessed goycattle mate.

You're extremely moronic. I'm not mad about anything. I build these cars, I'm that guy. That's how I know it'd alive and find. What you don't understand is that this shit shown in op, that shits never made a run. Go do a drag strip and see it for yourself. Ive had my hands in dozens of these builds. The people would rather you come and run your daily than brag about what's on your trailer.

Do you have more stories of being on the building side ?

• 2 months ago
      Anonymous

And next time have the balls to link my frickin post you homosexual. Trying to hide by not doing so till the thread dies doesn't make you less stupid. Just makes you a fricking coward.
      Let's see you build a fricking useless car from scratch from engine designe, chassis, whatever and not have it break in the mildest of warranty given today. I'd give you props for 10k miles. You're a fricking loser, a moron. Don't ever quote me again

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *