Why does the inside of new BMWs look so kino?

Why does the inside of new BMWs look so kino?

Mike Stoklasa's Worst Fan Shirt $21.68

POSIWID: The Purpose Of A System Is What It Does Shirt $21.68

Mike Stoklasa's Worst Fan Shirt $21.68

1. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

The two screens in one is a terrible aesthetic. I hated it when I first saw it in hyundai's EVs. Any screen that is "popped up" and not integrated into the dash looks like balls.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>The two screens in one is a terrible aesthetic.
      It's to remind them of waging on a dual monitor setup for more productivity.

2. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Looks like playstation

3. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

That silver trim is gay
    Also if you have to have a screen why not integrate it into a driver facing dash like the old BMWs

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>chinktabletshit

the only good interior itt

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>Also if you have to have a screen why not integrate it into a driver facing dash like the old BMWs
      That's what it was before LCI

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Too bad idrive 7/7.5 is fricking terrible.

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>idrive 7/7.5
          I don't even know which BMWs have which versions

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

The current gen pre-LCI models all have 7/7.5 (2 separate screens). LCI ones have 8.5 and, I think 2022 and 2023 7-series and X7 are the only ones that have 8.

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Why

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

The menus are arranged in moronic ways, built in navigation is borderline unusable, the "gauge cluster" is mostly wasted space etc

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Reminder that morons were complaining that this also was a tablet tacked on instead of an integrated screen, now that the new one is out it's suddenly an integrated screen

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

I just looked up what LCI stands for and holy frick is that gay marketing speak

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

That steering wheel looks like the leather was wrapped by someone with cerebral palsy.

• 4 weeks ago
      greased geese

>old
      Eww

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>iDoozle glued to the dash
      >kino
      Lmao, you're a funny guy.

This is kino.

4. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

boomer aesthetic

5. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

check the outside doe

6. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Soulless chinkslop

7. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Because contrary to what DAtists may say, the curved screen is a massive improvement on the previous version of idrive. Also, the new comfort seats are probably the most comfortable seats in any car under $200k.

8. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Honda has the most best interiors right now.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Actually it's Lexus. Because old good new bad.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Try using that absolute fricking mongoloid trackpad while driving. You will NOT reach the intended interface and you WILL careen off the roadway in a moment of distraction, at which point you WILL be incinerated, ticketed, and towed.

I would buy an ES in 1 second if the inside didn’t look like a North Korean reimagination of a car

• 3 weeks ago
          Anonymous

It's really not that hard, unless you're geriatric, which most Lexus customers are ironically. Probably why they finally started switching it out for full touch.

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>It's really not that hard
            The entire premise is incorrect.
            There should be NO EFFORT (struggle) involved to instantaneously select and apply the control that you need.
            That's the fricking difference between tried and true Analog controls and this iPad horseshit.

If it's effortless for you, then kudos, but the problem is loss of choice for the rest of us.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

My wife just got a 24 accord and this interior is genuinely so cozy and nice

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

looks like they are seconding what mazda has been doing since 2019
      ngl mazda seems to be doing a better job

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Mazda has been doing that since the 2014 Mazda 3 models.

9. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I like that car interiors have gone back to a very classic feeling, not quite "minimalistic" but very simple and functionally laid out, compared to the absolute button nightmares they were in the 00/10s, but now the screens are just as bad as older cars ever were. I mean I don't care about the screen that much, I'm looking at a screen right now even, but especially on luxury cars there's 700 different menus. I don't feel like we really need 8 different drive modes and 4 different steering modes with 5 different traction modes and also 20 ambient mood modes. I mean goddamn. Normal, sport, comfort. That's all you need. Do you want normal traction with comfort braking and sport+ steering? Frick you, frick off. Make up your mind.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

I like having options.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

there's 2 issues
      a) every day functionality being integrated into screens. im all for not having infinity buttons, but frick man, climate control, heated seats, and other frequently used stuff should remain physical
      b) obsolescence. screens that look great now will look like old shit in 5-10 years. classic car interiors are still beautiful because they were all analogue. but something from the late 00's or early 10's is really ruined by having a shitty 480p screen in the middle of it.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>every day functionality being integrated into screens. im all for not having infinity buttons, but frick man, climate control, heated seats, and other frequently used stuff should remain physical
        Exactly. I think late 10s cars probably got the balance right, screens were just for nav/music and Android Auto/Carplay was available. Important stuff still had proper buttons

10. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Mashallah brother

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

poor cope

11. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

"We have no idea how to design a dash, here's an iPad. We're hip and cool now, right?"
    If they don't integrate it into the dash and have it at a comfortable angle to use, it's objectively bad. And retaining a bunch of physical controls is best as well.
    Most brands never get it right. The Ford Fusion had it right years ago.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

I prefer the Alfa Giulia myself

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Or the W204, slightly inferior to the Alfa but older so it gets a pass for being less refined.

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

pre-facelift had a pop up screen, it much much nicer because the dash sat lower

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/9BV0AaI.png

pre-facelift had a pop up screen, it much much nicer because the dash sat lower

looks like shit

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

The inside of this car is a uniquely Italian disaster.

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>t. Doug DeMuro the mouthbreather who thought the turn indicator stalk was faulty because he's too stupid to know how to use it

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

It's a bad dash because the curves are all over the place, and anything with more than 2 doors should have infotainment be equally accessible to the front passenger.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Shiny round vents remind me of cheap chink stereos.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Chrome accents on the dash need to go and stay go.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Aww hell nahhhh

• 4 weeks ago
          dead

poorgays gonna poor. funny to think some adults actually want to shift manually

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

I’ve never understood this attitude. If you don’t enjoy the feel of driving, why not get a Camry?

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

You being too poor to afford something new doesn't make you a "car enthusiast." It just makes you a driveling poorgay.

• 4 weeks ago
            dead

it's very likely not the only one thing you don't understand, ignorant. manual transmissions aren't something only advanced drivers can learn. everyone can do it. the problem is with you poorgays who insist it's somehow a cool thing even though all the manufacturers are dropping it because it's a slower way to change gears

I guess you are too poor to understand

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>the fun of driving is for poor people.
            You eat breakfast and read DA while your Tesla drives you around, don’t you?

• 3 weeks ago
            dead

no, I don't. I don't want a tesla. fricking pregnant looking shit cars

>manual transmissions aren't something only advanced drivers can learn.
            actually they are, one of the great things about manual trans is how it filters wrenchlets and trannies.

are you kidding? most of the muh manuel drivers are trooners

• 3 weeks ago
            Anonymous

>manual transmissions aren't something only advanced drivers can learn.
            actually they are, one of the great things about manual trans is how it filters wrenchlets and trannies.

12. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>dial gear selector

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

It's not. The reality is even worse. The gear selector is that shitty little knub to the left of that big dial.

13. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

tacky

14. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

They look terrible though. BMWs used to have "kino" interiors

15. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

The last good interior was the 964, do not >> me.

16. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

No handbrake
    No manual gear stick
    Not an bmw I like to drive, rather sit on the back seat at this point.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>an bmw
      ESL detected, opinion discarded

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Discard yourself permanently Black person, imagine caring about pronounciation more than the message when you did understand its meaning anyway. You forum warriors hate it when people do not agree with your newest shit from favorite brand to shill on go back to r/bmw to circle jerk more on stuff you can not afford. Post bread on hood or kys.

I am not refuting the esl comment and I do not care when my message gets understood and you get triggered by it.

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

>I am not refuting the esl comment
          Kek, opinion discarded

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

You forgot
      >electronic steering
      Nothing pisses me off more than that. Frick this future. It makes driving feel like playing cheap arcade video game.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

>electronic steering
        It’s so fricking infuriating. My decade-old Mk VI GTI feels almost indistinguishable from my old Mk IV with conventional steering but a brand new Beemer feels fricking awful. Why?! How?!

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Appealing to the lowest common denominator. Porsche makes good electric steering since 991.2. Camaro has good electric steering and it uses the same ZF steering rack as the F30 3 series. Hell, even BMW can do it actually. I remember reading an article a few years ago, where some journo was driving a pre-production G20 3 series and an engineer was riding along tweaking the EPS mapping. And he first made it really good, then really numb. What I don't get after reading it, is why they just don't make the normal mode numb like it's now, and sport good, that should be the point of driving modes.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

I agree with you; I don't care if the normal mode is that numb comfort steering, they should give us the option to get more feel when in sport mode. Hopefully they'll come to their senses in the future, but then I'll have to hope that all their cars don't have that awful beaver tooth grill.

17. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Compensation for the hideous warthog snout on the exterior?
    Jesus Christ these are antisocially hideous.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous
  18. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

The steering wheels look like they are made of the cheapest goyfoam imaginable, coated in the most obviously fake Saran-wrap leather. My 2013 bimmer seems to have much finer leather trim and seating than the same model from 2020. Even the fake wood plastic in the slightly older modes is kind of charming and shows some thought, as opposed to the newer models using same black and silver plastic you would find on an RC car. It certainly doesn’t incline me to trading up for a newer model ever when the chinkshit trim is worse than my GF’s new toyota

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>Even the fake wood plastic
      bmw has never used fake wood, i mean it's mostly veneer with a thick ass poly coat but it's real wood none the less.

19. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>muh manual
    >muh gear shifter

Lol. Lmao. The manual transmission is outdated. Yes, it was superior for a long time. But the automatic technology has evolved, and now manuals are inferior in every way.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>and now manuals are inferior in every way.
      Perhaps not in Durability and Longevity.
      Yes, I know that it's a case by case basis, and that we need to wait a few more years to collect Data, however as a general rule, complexity degrades longevity.

20. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

[...]

At least old Mercs were still pretty damn solid despite looking chintzy, interior would have no squeaks or rattles after hundreds of thousands of miles
    New Merc interiors are built as chintzy as they look

21. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

[...]

what
    the
    frick
    are you blabbing boi
    pull yourself together

22. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>BMW
    I have to assume it has something to do with attracting to the most godawful moron drivers to ever live.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

poorgay cope

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Even hobos can finance their "ultimate driving machine" these days moron.

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

then where's yours?

• 3 weeks ago
        Anonymous

No, I'm rich! You're poor, because you had to finance your BMW.

23. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

>red interior
    >automatic
    Are you a gypsie, one thing is for sure you're a ricer

24. 4 weeks ago
    Greased Geese

>camry but with some red

25. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

[...]

>terminal levels of mental moronation
    oh I see how it is
    RIP in piece anon

26. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

That's gotta be a test unit. No way BMW designed something that fricking ugly. It looks like they pulled that dumbass display out of a Radio Shack parts bin and glued it to the dash.

• 3 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>It looks like they pulled that dumbass display out of a Radio Shack parts bin and glued it to the dash.
      BMWs have been that way for a decade, fren. Neither you nor I will ever own a BMW new enough to be a daily driver that isn’t as ugly as a botched abortion.
      At least the 2010s BMWs are nice looking in the outside. 2020s are a warthog snout rolling down the highway.

27. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

The gigantic black rectangles screen ruins ehat little else the modern cabins have going for them.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *