why dont multiple cylinders fire at the same time?

why dont multiple cylinders fire at the same time?

The Kind of Tired That Sleep Won’t Fix Shirt $21.68

Yakub: World's Greatest Dad Shirt $21.68

The Kind of Tired That Sleep Won’t Fix Shirt $21.68

1. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

enjin barransuuu

2. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

?si=QAvVCt-mPJl18EJ2

2:19

3. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

On some engines they do.
    My old boat engine did, it was a parallel twin where both cylinders suck, squeeze, bang and blow at the same time

4. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Firing all the cylinders at the same time would result in huge energy loss as there is three strokes left for the engine to rotate in order to get to another compression/ignition stroke. This would result in an engine producing very little usable power.

Weird , right ?

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

But it would theoretically produce 4x the power at 1/4 the frequency. Sounds like a 1:1 power trade, but I imagine it would be incredibly jerky when accelerating.

• 4 weeks ago
        Anonymous

Why not have one big frick off cylinder instead then?

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Power to weight ratio is not great

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

That's the point. Why would you emulate the performance of a single single using a multi-cylinder engine? Multiple cylinders equates to more friction and higher heat transfer losses. Having everything move and fire at the same time is dumb.

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Those were stationary engines and they were not built for HP. The 175hp model made that power at 180rpm along with over 5000 ft.lbs of torque.

Large single cylinder engines that can fit in a vehicle have been a thing for over a century. Technically you could have one driving a generator/alternator to recharge a battery pack. In the real world it's pretty pointless because the giant flywheel and the balancing it needs to not shake it's self apart winds up being the size of a multi cylinder engine.

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Frick it. Go beyond and make it two stroke

• 4 weeks ago
          Anonymous

Is 2L big enough for a single?

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

Try 3L per cylinder
            https://www.tractordata.com/farm-tractors/003/9/7/3977-chamberlain-40ka.html
            Then the the krauts just had to make a tractor using a frick off huge stationery engine
            https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lanz_Bulldog_D_9506

• 4 weeks ago
            Anonymous

videos for sound

?si=wVWlMt5tCjHKhQy6

?si=xMeoIJEpuovIOr7J

5. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Rube Goldberg machines can only produce power 1/4th of the time so you better spread it out

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Frick off electroBlack person

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Does your electric motor power on all internal magnets constantly?

6. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

when you get 5 people pushing a car, one or two are basically unhelpful in pushing, they might even stand back.
    one strongman can push a car. so if you have two strongmen, they can each push a car.
    more total force occurs when the strongmen are pushing individually. they each have their own to push and don't double up.

firing two cylinders at the same time is having two strongmen on one car
    you get more power from separating them and letting them both max their strength

7. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

For what purpose?

8. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Some have tried it.

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

>chode engine

9. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

But if you have more than 4 cylinders, at some point there should be more than 1 cylinder firing at the same time

10. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

I don't think it makes much sense. The friction is doubled between all the linkages (crankshaft-rod-piston rod, rings, etc.). You are better off just making a larger cylinder with a larger piston. Plus the timing nightmare that would be.

11. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

How does this make you feel?

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

horny

• 4 weeks ago
      Anonymous

Disgusted

12. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Boy you're stupid as frick, I mean like beyond moronic. If I was you I'd KMS.

13. 4 weeks ago
    Anonymous

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *